• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
😏
DtgRldLW0AIOPaG.jpg

Mirio top 10 all is good. What is that huge gap though for Bakugo. I didn't expect that on a western poll.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Viz poll results are much more in line with my own, which I suppose is to be expected.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Chase
CHAINSAW MAN!!! I NEED THOUGHTS. ASAP.
I'm into it dude! Fucking rooting for it like I haven't been in a while.
Lol I was speechless when I saw the gap. Insane.
Bakugo isn't even my favorite character and would be my least favorite among that top 3 but seeing him do well in these polls elicits a much stronger positive reaction in me than it would if someone else won due to how divisive he is. No matter how long it's been since I've been caught up and aware that Bakugo just wins these again and again, I still can't get used to it or take it for granted lol. It's like how I felt about Endeavor placing really high in the Japanese poll but repeated and multiplied.
The Monoma panel slayed me. The forbidden words made canon!
Also it's funny cause the characters in the manga break the fourth wall on occasion so it doesn't feel out of place.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The fucking numbers did it again, holy shit. 3 and 5 for Shoto and Momo. Episode 35 is Yaoyorozu: Rising. 3 + 5 = 8, which is a number associated with Momo that I've explained already before, lol. Damn. The very laws of the universe ship them. Amazing.

---

FYI, for those who don't know it yet, you can enable the top/bottom buttons by enabling "Show Scroll Jump Buttons" in account preferences.
No, it's out when I declare it to be out tomorrow damn it!! Look out!
(But yeah bookstores don't give a shit lol cause I often see posts with people saying they got volumes in the weekend prior to release. Makes me envious since I buy digital)
I always appreciate it when you post new releases. Post for this one too so that I'll keep an eye out!
And yeah it's one of my favorite covers as well! I think with this one is when MHA gets back on track and just keeps lining up dope covers.

My actual favorite cover though would probably be Vol. 12
1421597012.jpg

Probably one of my all time favorite manga covers. Love Deku's poses, the various facial expressions, the coloring on the background characters as well the pleasant blue color. And also I'm just a sucker for volume covers that show many characters in their own space like this. (Kinda like this old One Piece cover and this relatively recent one which are also probably my two favorites for that series right now)
Ooh, yeah, volume 12's is great too! And damn, that old One Piece cover is gorgeous!

Coincidentally, I was thinking about one of my favorite covers, volume 8's, which I realized I liked (on top of Momo being the central character, lol) also because of how the other characters are spread around her in their own panels. Having a central character surrounded by others is pretty generic, but keeping them in their own spaces creates a nice effect that elevates it... somehow. Volume 8 does it in a really simple way, though, so if it wasn't for Momo, I'd prefer volume 12's cover. Bah, who am I kidding? Volume 12 looks way better even if it doesn't have Momo on it.

latest

Ahh, still really love this cover, of course.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The fucking numbers did it again, holy shit. 3 and 5 for Shoto and Momo. Episode 35 is Yaoyorozu: Rising. 3 + 5 = 8, which is a number associated with Momo that I've explained already before, lol. Damn. The very laws of the universe ship them. Amazing.
Man when the headcanon of the damn universe includes a specific ship, you know it's not fair anymore lol
Coincidentally, I was thinking about one of my favorite covers, volume 8's, which I realized I liked (on top of Momo being the central character, lol) also because of how the other characters are spread around her in their own panels. Having a central character surrounded by others is pretty generic, but keeping them in their own spaces creates a nice effect that elevates it... somehow. Volume 8 does it in a really simple way, though, so if it wasn't for Momo, I'd prefer volume 12's cover. Bah, who am I kidding? Volume 12 looks way better even if it doesn't have Momo on it.
Yeah 8 is a great one. One of my favorites too.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It's tiny on desktop and doesn't fit the whole logo, but it'll have to work for now. Thanks Kansoku ! Much appreciated. I wanted to use the first one too, but it doesn't go well with the white title text. If only I could change the CSS on that...

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
It's tiny on desktop and doesn't fit the whole logo, but it'll have to work for now. Thanks Kansoku ! Much appreciated. I wanted to use the first one too, but it doesn't go well with the white title text. If only I could change the CSS on that...

Yeah, it doesn't maintain the ration on desktop, which sucks. Also this was stupid, I completely forgot about the white text, of course the first one on not gonna work hahahaha.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
@Chase
CHAINSAW MAN!!! I NEED THOUGHTS. ASAP.
I liked the chapter and thought it came together surprisingly well. Really not holding back when it comes to gore lol.

Interested to see where it goes. I assume it is only going to get even more crazy. Curious to know if some other yakuza will try to collect the debt from him. I will miss the demon dog if they don't come back in that form.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I liked the chapter and thought it came together surprisingly well emotional beat wise. Really not holding back when it comes to gore lol.

Interested to see where it goes. I assume it is only going to get even more crazy. Curious to know if some other yakuza will try to collect the debt from him. I will miss the demon dog if they don't come back in that form.
Yo the gore made me feel like I was reading an american comic lol (specifically gave me Image Comics vibes...but nothing specific)
When the thing happened, my first thought was legitimately "wait they got rid of the mascot character?". It'll be weird if the dog never shows up anymore in any form lol.
God I'm getting my hopes up too high now. Especially cause the weekly lineup is smaller now than at the start of the year since Robo left.
(Also btw, next issue is gonna be big as hell. All the weekly stuff, two Jump Stars, the two usual SQ series + World Trigger now. Pretty exciting.)

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at poll results, the banner should just be a picture of Bakugou's face with Deku and Todoroki taking up small corners.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lol

People say Japan has shit taste, but other than Asui and Mirio, it's pretty much the same.
But Mirio makes a BIG difference for me lol.
It's kinda interesting cause I wonder if it means the manga mattered more for the polls than in Japan where the anime had a big influence (and what that could potentially say about Viz Jump's readership and how that may or may not have been affected by S3) or if Mirio just resonated that much more for the English-speaking fanbase.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
I'm really psyched for this next fight. I'm hoping we'll see some more One for All shenanigans especially considering Deku is fighting Shinso again.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
100% fewer Endeavors lol. The Endeavor salt gives me a laugh. I would take Endeavor over Uraraka anyday tbh.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, best character Bakugo crushing those polls, and I thought the Japanese one was dominating enough as it was already lol

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't remove anyone, but people's Endeavor hatred is so silly to me, when he honestly has more/ is a more interesting character than most of Class A. I like most of Class A too.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Eugh. Cover photo is troublesome. Variable width makes it a pain and even when I'm using the actual given height (91px if you inspect element) I can't seem to get it right... Whatever, this'll have to do. I'll go make a collage or something next time.

Noted! Tsk, guess I should've done it while I could! It wouldn't be the same anymore if I did it now. Then again... the chapter only officially released today. HMM.
Wrote a whole thing about how the villains vs heroes was a trusted classic and we didn't really know what to expect anyway with cover photos before maintenance came back. You found something pretty good though, it looks nice with the night theme.

I'm cool with leaving the title alone for now, like you said it wouldn't be the same. Bakugo will have other moments for sure, just hope we don't have to wait forever lol
Lol nahhh. I'm only really active in this small manga sphere of the site
My actual favorite cover though would probably be Vol. 12
1421597012.jpg

Probably one of my all time favorite manga covers. Love Deku's poses, the various facial expressions, the coloring on the background characters as well the pleasant blue color. And also I'm just a sucker for volume covers that show many characters in their own space like this. (Kinda like this old One Piece cover and this relatively recent one which are also probably my two favorites for that series right now)
I'm not sure what criteria they use to pick Mods now that I think about it

Also fuck yeah the coloring on vol.12 is aces. Would love an MHA OVA or movie using coloring similar to this
Bakugo just wins, it's insane. The level of domination puts a smile on my face

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Calling Bakugo best character after last chapter seems a but of a disservice to other characters imo, specially Endeavor

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
100% fewer Endeavors lol. The Endeavor salt gives me a laugh. I would take Endeavor over Uraraka anyday tbh.
I don't know about anyday but lately I'd probably be with you on most days haha
Damn, best character Bakugo crushing those polls, and I thought the Japanese one was dominating enough as it was already lol
Bakugo just wins, it's insane. The level of domination puts a smile on my face
Truly Bakugo Appreciation Month is off to a great start!

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I'm still hoping uraraka can make a comeback, because when i read over the sports festival, her arc is one of my favorites. her talking on the phone to her dad always hits me.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna trust Horikoshi to give Uraraka her much needed screen time and development in the next match.

I'm also gonna expect to be wrong, just to be safe.

Last edited:

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
For some reason, I have a feeling that just as Deku and Shinso will be adversaries in this fight, so too will Monoma and Uraraka.
They've never interacted before, but there could be something there with Monoma's insecurities and Uraraka's continuing struggle to separate her idea of heroism with Deku.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well this arc has been good with Iida, Todoroki, Momo and Tokoyami development, and also had Tsuyu showing a lot of skil.
Bakugo is the only character that I think Horikoshi wasn't able to properly continue/create a character arc. Tho I think Ochako's case is more similar to Bakugo than the others. Like Bakugo she has been struggling to have a definitive character arc in the last years while the other have been consistently progressing on the character arc they started. But she has something over Bakugo that is potential for new arcs. Horikoshi can easily make an arc for her from the failure she experience in the overhaul arc or any struggle she has in the future, while Bakugo failing the license exam seems wasted and I don't see him having any other type of struggle in the near future with the way Horikoshi directioned his character

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1974702553.jpg

My Hero Academia Volume 16: Red Riot is out today in English.
Please support the official release!

Absolutely love this cover. One of my favorite depictions of one of my favorite characters (and seeing that "Red Riot" is the volume title gave me chills). You just know this kid man can't give up! Suneater and Fat Gum look great as well. Also I only noticed today that they don't slap a big fat number on the volume covers, just a small one in the top left lol. Looking forward to reading this again, love these fights to death. The Fat Gum Agency fucking showed up in that arc!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still hoping uraraka can make a comeback, because when i read over the sports festival, her arc is one of my favorites. her talking on the phone to her dad always hits me.

I wanted more stuff like that, but it's been 171 chapters since that moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.