• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
It just adds up. Looking at the arcs post-Sports Festival to Overhaul:

Stain
- A tiny bit of Uraraka working with Gunhead and Momo working with Uwabami.
- Tsuyu also briefly mentions that she did training at the end of the arc.

Final Exams
- Some ok stuff here, but especially for Momo. Though like this current arc, it's in a training/school setting.

Forest Training
- Kendo doing her thing.
- Uraraka and Tsuyu dealing with Toga.
- Momo coming up with the tracker idea.

Hideout Raid
- Momo and the tracker stuff, joining the three guys, etc.
- It was a bonus in the volume, but there was also that Tsuyu side story.

Provisional Hero License Exam
- They did a little, but again, training/school setting.

Internship/Overhaul
- As you've acknowledged.

It may look okay in isolation, but once you compare it to the actual big things in those arcs, they're all done by the male students.

Not intentional, I imagine, but this bubble placement about sums things up:

kzNqyHb.png

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It just adds up. Looking at the arcs post-Sports Festival to Overhaul:

Stain
- A tiny bit of Uraraka working with Gunhead and Momo working with Uwabami.
- Tsuyu also briefly mentions that she did training at the end of the arc.

Final Exams
- Some ok stuff here, but especially for Momo. Though like this current arc, it's in a training/school setting.

Forest Training
- Kendo doing her thing.
- Uraraka and Tsuyu dealing with Toga.
- Momo coming up with the tracker idea.

Hideout Raid
- Momo and the tracker stuff, joining the three guys, etc.
- It was a bonus in the volume, but there was also that Tsuyu side story.

- They did a little, but again, training/school setting.

Internship/Overhaul
- As you've acknowledged.

It may look okay in isolation, but once you compare it to the actual big things in those arcs, they're all done by the male students.

kzNqyHb.png
If you ignore deku that is the main character and todoroki that is one of the main rivals the list would be very similar, no need to even ignore Bakugo because in terms of big things he has done less than Momo

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Bakugo is literally one of the most, if not the most, important characters in Season 3 and the lead up to it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
First it's "his character arc is more lost than Uraraka's", now it's "done less than Momo"

Sure.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Silfer

Viz about to pick up ne0;lation before the first chapter even hits /s

Woah what could it even be? I legitimately have no clue but if a new series is added to the magazine long-term then nice!
Dang...Read that more than I can count and I never picked up on that.

Incidentally, what would y'all say are the top 3 most impactful actions taken on by female characters in this series?
Off the top of my head, I want to say Momo tracking the LOV hideout, Mirko saving Endeavor and Kendo taking part in preventing the gas from spreading. But I may be forgetting obvious stuff so I'm curious.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
What big thing Bakugo did in a "plot relevant" arc? He blasted Kurogiri in USJ but that is before the Sports Festival

he is there reacting and being part of everything. Him dealing with the actions makes him relevant to what is happening. Him lacking proactiveness due to his situation does not make "do nothing"

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
he is there reacting and being part of everything. Him dealing with the actions makes him relevant to what is happening. Him lacking proactiveness due to his situation does not make "do nothing"
Isnt that the same thing that happened to the girls in the overhaul arc?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Oh my Gaara I would love this. Prison breaks are that good shit. Next arc hype! Stain shall return!
If you ignore deku that is the main character and todoroki that is one of the main rivals the list would be very similar, no need to even ignore Bakugo because in terms of big things he has done less than Momo
You keep bringing up Bakugo as a point of comparison for like...everyone

It's not working for ya bud.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Isnt that the same thing that happened to the girls in the overhaul arc?

no because they barely did anything relevant, especially compared to the boys in the arc. Bakugo not being able to be proactive, he was still at the center of the conflict and we got to see how deeply it changed and affected him. Compare the reactions and development between Suneater, Kirishima, Deku, Mirio to Uraraka, Tsuyu, and Nejire in the Overhaul arc. Only girl who even really got anything was Uraraka.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
he's the whole reason for the league attacking the training camp and the fight that lead to All Might's retirement
That isnt his action, that is him receiving the action.
You keep bringing up Bakugo as a point of comparison for like...everyone

It's not working for ya bud.
Bakugo is a main character, you want me to use Sato as an example?
no because they barely did anything relevant, especially compared to the boys in the arc. Bakugo not being able to be proactive, he was still at the center of the conflict and we got to see how deeply it changed and affected him. Compare the reactions and development between Suneater, Kirishima, Deku, Mirio to Uraraka, Tsuyu, and Nejire in the Overhaul arc. Only girl who even really got anything was Uraraka.
But the talk is about doing something not development. I didnt say that Bakugo developed less than momo, I said he did less than her

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Incidentally, what would y'all say are the top 3 most impactful actions taken on by female characters in this series?

Like, their best moments in general, or actual usefulness?

If it's the latter, then off the top of my head:

• Mt. Lady protecting Deku and co. from Compress
  • Eri giving Deku the cheat codes to access 100%
  • Momo's tracker

Formerly on the list: Toga stealing Deku's blood

Kendo taking part in preventing the gas from spreading.

Fun fact, that Mustard guy Tetsu defeated was only 13 years old.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's could be nothing...
Too late dude, my mind already went to "big manga crossover event"
Yeah this one
If it's the latter, then off the top of my head:

• Mt. Lady protecting Deku and co. from Compress
  • Eri giving Deku the cheat codes to access 100%
  • Momo's tracker
These are good ones. I thought of Mt Lady destroying the Nomu facility but forgot about her saving the kids. And Eri's thing is a pretty big one.
Fun fact, that Mustard guy Tetsu defeated was only 13 years old.
I knew he was young but damn.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
What he did in those arcs? Most of Bakugo big actions arent in "plot relevant" arcs

He is important, doesnt mean that he did big things, he mostly was on the receiving end of those things
Stain Arc
- A little bit of his time with Best Jeanist (so, comparable to Uraraka and Momo).

Final Exams
- All Might fight. Backstory with Deku, etc. etc.

Forest Training
- Weakening and calming Dark Shadow.
- Captured by Compress.

Hideout Raid
- Already known.

- Fight with Deku.

And then he had that moment in the Remedial Course.

It's just kinda (ok, not even kinda) laughable to say he's done less than Momo. Also, I'm not sure why you're hung up on "plot relevant" arcs. Is it because Lotus mentioned it first?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Stain Arc
- A little bit of his time with Best Jeanist (so, comparable to Uraraka and Momo).

Final Exams
- All Might fight. Backstory with Deku, etc. etc.

Forest Training
- Weakening and calming Dark Shadow.
- Captured by Compress.

Hideout Raid
- Already known.

- Fight with Deku.

And then he had that moment in the Remedial Course.

It's just kinda (ok, not even kinda) laughable to say he's done less than Momo. Also, I'm not sure why you're hung up on "plot relevant" arcs. Is it because Lotus mentioned it first?
Lotus is ignoring the current arc for not being "plot relevant"
Anyway nothing that you said is a big action or in these "plot relevant arcs". Compare to Momo's action in the camp, that is what was made the next arc possible

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Lotus is ignoring the current arc for not being "plot relevant"
Anyway nothing that you said is a big action or in these "plot relevant arcs". Compare to Momo's action in the camp, that is what was made the next arc possible
Of course all the students are going to get some focus during the training/school arcs. It's all but inevitable.

And I knew you were gonna go down this line of reasoning lol.

"Well you see, if it weren't for Momo..."

But come on now. I'm not too concerned about how good of a plot device her action was. How much did that really do for her character? Her development? Especially compared to what Bakugo got?

And you don't consider the Hideout Raid plot relevant? Huh?

No big action?

cTtgYY9.png

tsm7xRI.png

Just because Bakugo was captured, and "mostly was on the receiving end of those things," my point is that his role in the plot was so great that to compare it to Momo's is beyond inaccurate.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Who would I mix it up, Deku and Todoroki, like I mentioned, are the 2 that see more action in these type of arcs
Maybe compare her with someone with similar screen time or story significance, or against her other female classmates because none of the girls receive the amount of focus the guys get anyway. Comparing Momo against Bakugo, or even Deku or Todoroki in terms of plot relevance seems like a shaky foundation to be making a case

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe compare her with someone with similar screen time or story significance, or against her other female classmates because none of the girls receive the amount of focus the guys get anyway. Comparing Momo against Bakugo, or even Deku or Todoroki in terms of plot relevance seems like a shaky foundation to be making a case
I am comparing her to Bakugo to show how much she has done for the story. Comparing her to other students of the class would mean much because they don't get as much focus
Of course all the students are going to get some focus during the training/school arcs. It's all but inevitable.

And I knew you were gonna go down this line of reasoning lol.

"Well you see, if it weren't for Momo..."

But come on now. I'm not too concerned about how good of a plot device her action was. How much did that really do for her character? Her development? Especially compared to what Bakugo got?

And you don't consider the Hideout Raid plot relevant? Huh?

No big action?

cTtgYY9.png

tsm7xRI.png

Just because Bakugo was captured, and "mostly was on the receiving end of those things," my point is that his role in the plot was so great that to compare it to Momo's is beyond inaccurate.
I am talking about actions that move the plot forward, sure Bakugo blasting Shigaraki face look cool but in the end it isn't as impactful was tracking the enemy nomu factory
Anyway that action still was important for her character it showed growth in a important moment of the stry based on a development that she had in non "plot relevant" arc.
That is why I use quotes on plot relevant, because even if those arcs don't affect the plot directly they still can affect indirectly like this. The current arc is no difference.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I am comparing her to Bakugo to show how much she has done for the story. Comparing her to other students of the class would mean much because they don't get as much focus
I'm only gonna speak for myself, but the reason I'm saying it's a shaky foundation is because she doesn't get as much focus as Bakugo. So you saying how much she has done for the story in comparison rings hollow because it's not there, I feel the manga is not supporting your statements.

I think you'd be better served making that comparison with Iida or Uraraka.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I am talking about actions that move the plot forward, sure Bakugo blasting Shigaraki face look cool but in the end it isn't as impactful was tracking the enemy nomu factory
Anyway that action still was important for her character it showed growth in a important moment of the stry based on a development that she had in non "plot relevant" arc.
That is why I use quotes on plot relevant, because even if those arcs don't affect the plot directly they still can affect indirectly like this. The current arc is no difference.
Sure, and I'm saying any growth that she showed from that moment is nothing compared to what we got for Bakugo.

The argument is that not one of the female students has gotten any kind of moment like Iida got against Stain, like Kirishima got in those fights he had. Whether said actions moved the plot forward or not is irrelevant.

Edit: I just remembered Uraraka's fight with Bakugo, but at this point, I'm so salty that he's turned her into fawning over Deku at every opportunity, that I tend to forget it easily.

And I'm still confused. Do you consider the Hideout Raid plot relevant or not?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so salty that he's turned her into fawning over Deku at every opportunity, that I tend to forget it easily.
It doesn't happen as frequent as people make it seems to be. With the way people criticize that it looks like it is as frequent as Mineta being a perv.
Do you consider the Hideout Raid plot relevant or not?
I do, I just don't think what Bakugo did there was big
Y'all know I stan Momo but even I wouldn't say that.
It is a very specific statement, Momo did more(as actions, not development) than Bakugo in arcs that are directly related to the main plot of the manga. I am not saying that Momo has more focus than Bakugo or anything.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The argument is that not one of the female students has gotten any kind of moment like Iida got against Stain, like Kirishima got in those fights he had. Whether said actions moved the plot forward or not is irrelevant.
I agree that no female student got a moment like Iida against stain, but again only Deku had something similar so far. Kirishima moment in the overhaul is strange to compare because it is much more emotional than an action feat. Emotionally yeah there isn't any fight like that for the girls, but action wise Ochako performed better against Toga

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
It doesn't happen as frequent as people make it seems to be. With the way people criticize that it looks like it is as frequent as Mineta being a perv.
I don't know. It's like a constant thing whenever he does anything with her character at all. If there were more variety with her, I really wouldn't mind, given their ages and whatnot.

Edit: And maybe fawning is the wrong phrasing. More that pretty much her whole character revolves around him.

9Y6YC7L.png

zLnBKIL.png

Yfbgsia.png

gBorOpm.png

OnABfub.png

9gnJnkg.png

Oa281Ko.png

but action wise Ochako performed better against Toga
Sure, but... that was only like 7 pages lol. Comparison seems a little off.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. It's like a constant thing whenever he does anything with her character at all. If there were more variety with her, I really wouldn't mind, given their ages and whatnot.

9Y6YC7L.png

zLnBKIL.png

Yfbgsia.png

gBorOpm.png

OnABfub.png

9gnJnkg.png

Oa281Ko.png

Sure, but... that was only like 7 pages lol. Comparison seems a little off.
Now something I can agree with, the gag moments indeed could be more varied.
But I think he serious parts aren't all about him, her last serious moment was the panel she goes to talk with Aizawa after the Overhaul arc and that had nothing to do with deku.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Let us appreciate the fact that after so long, Ochaco will finally be in an on screen fight tomorrow. One of the many things that'll make tomorrow a beautiful day!

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, that's the thing though. It might be a little too busy. Deku, Shinso, Monoma, any antics from Mineta.

We'll see whether he can find the time for her.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's the thing though. It might be a little too busy. Deku, Shinso, Monoma, any antics from Mineta.

We'll see whether he can find the time for her.
I have faith. The pattern of prior matches makes me feel like after Deku, Ochaco is probably getting the most stuff on that team. Though I do expect Deku/Shinso/Monoma to be the main focus.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Screw it, I'll have hope. This is your chance Kohei, it's not too late to save Uraraka! If Mineta gets more shine then she does....the disappointment will be palpable

Status
Not open for further replies.