• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
What if the League and Class B both have moles in Class A
Now that's a twist.
I mean when Shinso brought it up Monoma straight up said he's not sure about doing that and in Hori had him flashback to when Deku broke his arms during the festival

So it would be weird to have him obviously be worried that he doesn't have the experience to control the power without blowing himself up and not be a thing
You right. Still, I wouldn't put it past Monoma to try to yank someone else's. Mineta's might be the easiest

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It hasn't been clarified if that is the case. Ongoing series that are in Viz Shonen Jump are guaranteed to have backlog and continue as simulpubs, but it isnt clear if series like Kimetsu no Yaiba or Haikyuu!! would suddenly become simulpubs AND have all their backlog from whatever vol 3 of yaiba ends at to current would be added.
Wasn't Kimetsu no Yaiba in the video? I seem to recall seeing it there...
I dunno, if Monoma copies Deku's quirk, I suspect literally nothing will happen. It obviously goes back to how weird of a quirk OfA is, but let's consider that maybe it's a bucket. The holder fills it with a little "water" (power, memories, kinetic energy, whatever), and when it is time to transfer it they hand the bucket to someone else, who then repeats the process. In this way, the quirk is not the "water" in the bucket, but the bucket itself. Maybe it's just a container, and if Monoma copies it he'll get no benefit since his bucket will be empty.

EDIT: This might also explain AfO's connection to it, because maybe there's a little bit of himself in that bucket, too.
That is a great analogy. I'd be disappointed if nothing special happen, but at the same time, I would be satisfied if this was how it was done since it's very logical.
But by tactically countering the other team. They should have the level of planning Class B had in earlier matches.....Deku needs to stand out from all the other team leaders ie Momo, Todo, Bakugou and class B ones also.
I want this too but I'm still disappointed Momo was somewhat shafted in this regard... I'm not saying she should've been able to plan the way Deku does cause the way do it is differently, but Momo kind of planned for defeat. Yes, she relied on Tokoyami, but I can't not be disappointed that she planned and expected for herself to lose... Still, the plan was good for what's it's worth.
I expect some insane combos in this match since it is Deku's speciality!!!!!!!
Huh? Since when was this his specialty?

Official English chapters will actually be coming out earlier now. I missed this originally in their announcement.

Oh, are they arriving later in America currently? It arrives on Sundays in Japan, yeah?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Kimetsu no Yaiba in the video? I seem to recall seeing it there...

That is a great analogy. I'd be disappointed if nothing special happen, but at the same time, I would be satisfied if this was how it was done since it's very logical.

I want this too but I'm still disappointed Momo was somewhat shafted in this regard... I'm not saying she should've been able to plan the way Deku does cause the way do it is differently, but Momo kind of planned for defeat. Yes, she relied on Tokoyami, but I can't not be disappointed that she planned and expected for herself to lose... Still, the plan was good for what's it's worth.

Huh? Since when was this his specialty?

Oh, are they arriving later in America currently? It arrives on Sundays in Japan, yeah?

it arrived monday in japan and monday in america. But now the second it arrives in japan, we get it.

FallenChief

Oct 27, 2017
Since when was this his specialty?
Speciality was wrong word. But he had a shown a capability to combine others quirk to produce results. Like the combo during Bakugou rescue (Todo+ Iida + Kirishima + Deku), or during the cavalry battle ( I don't exactly remember that one!!) Hope I clarified my view!!!!! Someone could elaborate this further cause there are more instances like these.

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Kimetsu no Yaiba in the video? I seem to recall seeing it there
That's why its unclear. Just because something in the video is there doesnt mean it's a simulpub or will be added entirely on day1 (theres many completed series there) just the same as people making the assumption that the video implied the entirety of jump is going to be simulpubbed. I guess we will know in 4hours if non-currently simulpubbed series are graduating to simulpub status.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Speciality was wrong word. But he had a shown a capability to combine others quirk to produce results. Like the combo during Bakugou rescue (Todo+ Iida + Kirishima + Deku), or during the cavalry battle ( I don't exactly remember that one!!) Hope I clarified my view!!!!! Someone could elaborate this further cause there are more instances like these.
Ahh, that. I think it's less combining quirk usage and more of just a general ability to make the best out of various situations. Simply put, it's his tactical mind at work. And I agree in hoping we see that at work here again. I don't think there's any reason for it not to be the case, unless One For All acts out, I suppose...
That's why its unclear. Just because something in the video is there doesnt mean it's a simulpub or will be added entirely on day1 (theres many completed series there) just the same as people making the assumption that the video implied the entirety of jump is going to be simulpubbed. I guess we will know in 4hours if non-currently simulpubbed series are graduating to simulpub status.
To clarify, I meant the digital vault that they mentioned, not the simulpub. I would be kinda surprised (and disappointed, naturally) if we won't actually get access to the digital chapters/volumes that they have.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Here are more details about what's to be added
dE2OZ5p.jpg
Also for those wondering what the official translation is "That's a good friend you've got." - All Might

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

Also for those wondering what the official translation is "That's a good friend you've got." - All Might
Ooh, awesome!! Thanks for sharing this! By the way, Imgur links are broken right now, but you can easily fix it by removing the "s" in "https." Anyway, excited to be able to read Kimetsu no Yaiba and Haikyuu!! World Trigger will probably be included too, yeah? Looking forward to that as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Confused where people think Monoma wouldnt try to copy Midoriya. Nothing he said seemed like he was against or turned away from the idea, more that there is a chance that it could be a bad gamble.

Surprised we're teasing a potential break out arc, hype for it happening sooner than later.

I live for BakuKami moments, how did no one not tell me we got another to add to the list! Like look how happy Kami is at his Baku!
DuEnXTXWwAANE61.jpg:small

And this is like the sweetest BakuDeku moment of all, that Midoriya smile, and Bakugo not yelling or anything at him. My heart.
DuEoougXgAANRbK.jpg:small

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It's already in their magazine so there was no doubt about it.
Ooh, cool cool, nice. Time to see what all the hype is about! 100 chapters at a time.
Oh, thanks for sharing this too. Happy with Caleb's translations as is often the case.
how did no one not tell me we got another to add to the list!
I thought you didn't want spoilers...?
oh
And this is like the sweetest BakuDeku moment of all, that Midoriya smile, and Bakugo not yelling or anything at him. My heart.
DuEoougXgAANRbK.jpg:small
Oh, I definitely like these lines a lot more. Although, the "nah" feels a little weird.

Saying Bakugo's isn't yelling at Deku here is even weirder, though.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Oh cool, good to know. Yet another reason to go for the subscription, accurate translations. I think that scene is still gonna cause problems(can you guys imagine the anime thread when that happens), but I'm satisfied with that. We can say All Might is talking about present day, at least, and you can make an argument for Bakugo being a good friend post Deku round 2.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Man that new VIZ subscription is genuinely awesome.
Y'all have no excuses not to read World Trigger and Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba now!
Jujustsu Kaisen has been pretty cool too.

I'm reading through Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku right now (around chapter 20 of 40), and it's been pretty interesting too.

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes is perfection all around.

Koichi faces are the best, kept forgetting he was 19 thought he was a bit older.

Midnight easily increases several spots on the pro-hero ranking meter for me

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible Monoma leadership/speech.

Deku's response to Bakugo was amusing. Framing them as friends begins...

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Another really fun MHA/Smash crossover, this time based on the end of the Kamino Ward fight. Torino being Game & Watch is simply too good. Palutena is funny too because it's totally how I think one would expect her to sound and also not at all what she's like in Kid Icarus Uprising.

The original is here!!!

(Btw, if you have a Funimation subscription, I highly recommend watching the BTS video for Episode 49. I did so last week when I randomly remembered they did those and loved seeing the director and actors work through their performance for that ep.)
When have we ever seen that with Midoriya anyway? Im quite sure this smiling at Baks was Midoriya's biggest friendship moment this entire manga.
The most notable regular ass friendship things that happened with Midoriya are him getting lunch with Todoroki/Ochaco/Ida, and the stuff with Aoyama who I think also becomes a lunch buddy.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
One of the stranger Deku friendships is his friendship with Mineta. You think "how the fuck did this happen" but it's pretty consistent throughout the series.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For what looked like the core group he'd hang out with (Iida and Uraraka), it has felt lacking in that regard. At least, in the sense of assuming it'd determine their relevance within the story.

One of the stranger Deku friendships is his friendship with Mineta. You think "how the fuck did this happen" but it's pretty consistent throughout the series.

It's not that strange. If Deku can more or less tolerate Bakugo and keep up his childhood nickname for him, then it just speaks to how he's the type of person that generally tries to get along with everyone for better or worse. Prolly went a step further with Mineta due to the fact that they teamed up against the villains in that one arc.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah dude, Deku definitely has people he likes to hang out with. Uraraka and Iida were the first friends he made and he's made a few more since then.
midoriyas-friends-with-uraraka-and-iida.jpg

Look at the smile he gave Aoyama for example.
walking to class? though, well if thats the barometer of friendship, than TodoBaku are true friends. Walking together to the make up exam ^_^ cannonically confirmed.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Nah. Given the USJ attack, it makes perfect sense. Mineta admires Deku as a result, so he's friendly to him and seeks his opinions and approval. It's nice. One of my favorite friendships in the series among the less prominent ones.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
This arc has lowkey been Mineta's best showing ever. Hopefully his fight doesn't ruin it.
His banter and "rubbing salt in the wound" comments are pretty funny. He doesn't really need the perviness to be distinctive.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the best place for Mineta's character for me is when he just instigates.
"The old hierarchy's falling to pieces!"

FallenChief

Oct 27, 2017
Following the All for One return last week, I would like to discuss things with you guys:-
1. Have we ever seen AfO take anyones quirk?? I remember seeing people who had quirk stolen but never how it happened. Was this mentioned anytime?
2. If we have never seen it done, how may quirk stealing happen?? Is it a long process or quick one? Can it be done in battle?
3. Are both quirk stealing and quirk giving ability part of the same quirk or one came after the other?
4. Can AfO take back a quirk he already gave to someone?
5. If you think above is true, why has AfO never tried to take back OfA??
6. This is a crazy one. What if Monoma touched AfO!!!!!! Will he get the original quirk or all the quirks AfO has at the moment? And if he uses copied AfO to steal the original AfO will that quirk become permanent or will it be lost after Monoma's quirk expires..... Thus ending AfO quirk forever?? And vice versa is also true......

That's all!!! MHA is too fun to speculate!!!!!!!

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Following the All for One return last week, I would like to discuss things with you guys:-
1. Have we ever seen AfO take anyones quirk?? I remember seeing people who had quirk stolen but never how it happened. Was this mentioned anytime?
2. If we have never seen it done, how may quirk stealing happen?? Is it a long process or quick one? Can it be done in battle?
3. Are both quirk stealing and quirk giving ability part of the same quirk or one came after the other?
4. Can AfO take back a quirk he already gave to someone?
5. If you think above is true, why has AfO never tried to take back OfA??
6. This is a crazy one. What if Monoma touched AfO!!!!!! Will he get the original quirk or all the quirks AfO has at the moment? And if he uses copied AfO to steal the original AfO will that quirk become permanent or will it be lost after Monoma's quirk expires..... Thus ending AfO quirk forever?? And vice versa is also true......

That's all!!! MHA is too fun to speculate!!!!!!!
All For One was seen taking someone's quirk and giving it to someone else during Deku's One For All "dream."

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Yeah he picked up on something that I didn't realize. Nejire was evidentlly carrying most of the fight with the stamina draining monster for 20 minutes before her and dragon lady teamed up to put him through multiple layers of reinforced concrete bunker.

She is way stronger than I remember and we haven't even seen her go maximum power because I think all we have seen was that blast and the blast of 30 percent that took out two giant quirk users.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
If any of you are into edgy dumb fun then I recommend to you Chainsawman, only 2 issues out and it's off to a really great start

Oct 25, 2017

Sometimes Im confused at what he is doing with some of his *trivia* when some of it seems common knowledge or like "what are you trying to point out"? For example, what is he trying to say here. Even here in America, sentencing is done after a trial up to several months later in some cases. And I thought the capital punishment note is common knowledge as well.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes Im confused at what he is doing with some of his *trivia* when some of it seems common knowledge or like "what are you trying to point out"? For example, what is he trying to say here. Even here in America, sentencing is done after a trial up to several months later in some cases. And I thought the capital punishment note is common knowledge as well.
Sometimes I read comments like these and tell myself it's a good thing for my patience that I try to read most posts in a monotone voice. Cause good god it would be so easy to naturally read this in a not at all flattering tone.

Anyway
1. Not every reader of MHA or his Twitter is American/Japanese or lives in either country.
2. Similarity with the system of another country does not remove notability from his statement. "This is how this works" is a viable principle behind a comment, even without "and how it's different from X" tagged onto it at the end.
3. Not gonna speak for others because I don't feel like assuming what is "common" knowledge for others regarding a country they've never been to or have no special relationship with, but I didn't know Japan had capital punishment. In 2018, capital punishment isn't in a place where you can safely assume it's in practice or not.
4. You use Twitter, as you're certainly not shy of reminding us periodically. Just ask him the question directly if you actually care for answers to them and understanding into his perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.