• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I mean I feel like him having six additional quirks does make him more special compared to other people. It's why I didn't like it when it was initially revealed, it felt like he was getting a Shonen power up if you get what I mean. And his father being someone super important or him being the kid of AFO would make it worse.
I don't feel this way because it isn't his power. He says time and time again that he needs to make his power his so I don't feel he is the chosen one or super talented like other shonen shows.
I will say I can kinda see both sides. Depends on how it is executed. If he is indeed AfO's son but chooses to be a hero instead, I wouldn't call him a chosen one per se, but someone who proved himself a hero with or without powers and despite his lineage.

Cause if it is true, AfO did some messed up stuff to his own son just for a chance to get to All Might

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
He kinda does feel like the chosen one in a way since only he is able to use the other quirks of the previous OFA users. And him having six quirks which mind you are beefed up versions of the previous users quirks puts him at a far greater advantage than any other one of his classmates. It's why I view it as a Shonen power up and am still not a huge fan of it. Just hope Horikoshi doesn't go buck wild with it in the future.
His predecessor was all might the guy that mastered OFA. The quirk reaching a new stage after All Might makes perfect sense and has nothing to do with Deku being special
If anything All Might is the special one here

Dec 28, 2018
His predecessor was all might the guy that mastered OFA. The quirk reaching a new stage after All Might makes perfect sense and has nothing to do with Deku being special
I dunno feels mighty convenient that Deku is able to tap into this power while the other users couldn't.
I will say I can kinda see both sides. Depends on how it is executed. If he is indeed AfO's son but chooses to be a hero instead, I wouldn't call him a chosen one per se, but someone who proved himself a hero with or without powers and despite his lineage.

Cause if it is true, AfO did some messed up stuff to his own son just for a chance to get to All Might
While I don't think I'll ever be a huge fan of the development I'll be better able to except it if he handles it well. If not than oh boy.

Dec 28, 2018
It actually makes Deku having six quirks feel less like an ass pull to me if AfO is the baby daddy lol
It would bug me if he was his kid but I guess I'd be better able to except it if that were the case. Though in the end for me it's a lose lose situation cause no matter what I'll be annoyed with the outcome lol. And all this talk about Deku's father has made me really wanna know who his actual father is.

Dec 28, 2018
Seriously! Talk about going out for a pack of smokes
Last time I think he was ever mentioned it was said he was working overseas, though I could be wrong it's been a while. My hope is that the father whenever he shows up is just some regular old joe and not an important hero. If the father turned out to be some big shot I'd be annoyed that Deku of all people didn't ever mention him.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Horikoshi hasn't really focused on the problems of modern hero society but he has touched on it, people in the MHA world can get arrested for using their quirks even in self defense, I'm hoping Horikoshi explores more of that aspect of the story in this arc
Nah self defense is fine, it's just in the story the kids would go out of their way to find the villains to beat up which is not self defense and straight up illegal especially without supervision

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
So I guess since I'm probably one of the people that posts about the AfO=Deku's father stuff the most I'll write a little bit about where I feel that theory works and also a bit about where it's lacking. All we know about Deku's father (that I can recall, anyway) is that he breathes fire and he works abroad. Apparently his name is Hisashi Midoriya, which can have some interesting wordplay. The possibilities are pretty broad as to what Horikoshi intends for him. He could just fall under the absent father trope, he could be a critical reveal, or he could fall anywhere between those extremes. Apparently, Horikoshi has said he intends to introduce him into the story at a later point, so hopefully there will at least be some answers.

As for the AfO stuff, well there are a lot of things to unpack there. We can talk about plot stuff like the doctor or Izuku's unique interactions with One for All, but I think a lot of that gets enough discussion. I think where the theory works best and is most interesting is from a thematic perspective. The meaning of origins and the degree to which one can control their own destiny are big themes. They're explored in many characters, such as Shoto, Gentle, Kirishima, All Might, and of course our successors, Deku and Shigaraki. Tomura is a victim of his origin. We don't know all the details, but we do know that he's descended from a hero, but manipulated and brought up by a truly evil villain. The mirror of this would be someone who is descended from a villain, but nurtured by a truly good hero. The criticism I've received about this idea is that it's too neat, and that's fair. I'm not a writer or a critic and I'm frequently wrong, but personally I think the setup allows for some interesting developments.

Anyway, it's really late where I am, and I'm sick again for the second time in two months, so I'm going to sleep. If I think of more I'll come back and post it tomorrow. None of this is particularly new stuff and I'm sure I'm a broken record to a lot of you, so I don't expect a lot of comments about it. I may just be insane from medication+lack of sleep.

Night y'all.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
So I guess since I'm probably one of the people that posts about the AfO=Deku's father stuff the most I'll write a little bit about where I feel that theory works and also a bit about where it's lacking. All we know about Deku's father (that I can recall, anyway) is that he breathes fire and he works abroad. Apparently his name is Hisashi Midoriya, which can have some interesting wordplay. The possibilities are pretty broad as to what Horikoshi intends for him. He could just fall under the absent father trope, he could be a critical reveal, or he could fall anywhere between those extremes. Apparently, Horikoshi has said he intends to introduce him into the story at a later point, so hopefully there will at least be some answers.

As for the AfO stuff, well there are a lot of things to unpack there. We can talk about plot stuff like the doctor or Izuku's unique interactions with One for All, but I think a lot of that gets enough discussion. I think where the theory works best and is most interesting is from a thematic perspective. The meaning of origins and the degree to which one can control their own destiny are big themes. They're explored in many characters, such as Shoto, Gentle, Kirishima, All Might, and of course our successors, Deku and Shigaraki. Tomura is a victim of his origin. We don't know all the details, but we do know that he's descended from a hero, but manipulated and brought up by a truly evil villain. The mirror of this would be someone who is descended from a villain, but nurtured by a truly good hero. The criticism I've received about this idea is that it's too neat, and that's fair. I'm not a writer or a critic and I'm frequently wrong, but personally I think the setup allows for some interesting developments.

Anyway, it's really late where I am, and I'm sick again for the second time in two months, so I'm going to sleep. If I think of more I'll come back and post it tomorrow. None of this is particularly new stuff and I'm sure I'm a broken record to a lot of you, so I don't expect a lot of comments about it. I may just be insane from medication+lack of sleep.

Night y'all.
Then there's the little things like AfO echoing the "dreams have become reality" line from the beginning of the series.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
From the way I see it Deku being AFO son would more likely be an improvement on his character, Deku stopped being an underdog when he got OFA, Deku doesn't really work well as the every man character since characters like Kirishima and lida feel more like the average Joe's of the series because they're what's normal in this world, not Deku

Deku's whole character mainly revolves around being All Might's successor, it would be smart for Horikoshi to focus more on that aspect and add some drama into it, and it would go with what All Might said about good being born from evil

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
From the way I see it Deku being AFO son would more likely be an improvement on his character, Deku stopped being an underdog when he got OFA, Deku doesn't really work well as the every man character since characters like Kirishima and lida feel more like the average Joe's of the series because they're what's normal in this world, not Deku

Deku's whole character mainly revolves around being All Might's successor, it would be smart for Horikoshi to focus more on that aspect and add some drama into it, and it would go with what All Might said about good being born from evil

I think the next big shoe to drop for Deku is All Mights Death. That will be the true turning point. All Might can't fight anymore but he still can lean on him now . Once he is gone for good he is going to have to lean more on himself and other students.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I think the next big shoe to drop for Deku is All Mights Death. That will be the true turning point. All Might can't fight anymore but he still can lean on him now . Once he is gone for good he is going to have to lean more on himself and other students.
All Might death is coming but I don't think it's next, All Might overheard Deku offering Mirio OFA, I think that has to be addressed first

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
MHA always was a legacy story and not an underdog story. All Might's legacy is plot mover for most of the heroes and villains

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Night y'all.
For what it's worth, I really like the theory. Interesting themes to explore and the parallels to Shiggy would really strengthen that rivalry

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
All Might death is coming but I don't think it's next, All Might overheard Deku offering Mirio OFA, I think that has to be addressed first
Yeah, that is one piece of unfinished business.
I'm pretty sure it'll pay off in some way after Bakugo's eavesdropping came up again in the kindergarten arc.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently Indonesia censored Momo's costume
t45tt9tqofk21.jpg

Yams

Oct 25, 2017

I think he deals with that then it happens shortly after that.

I think it happens in front of Deku and Bakugo. I've had this feeling the reason we have so many pages of them three together is because All Might is going to die protecting both of them

Oct 25, 2017
I cant be the only one who doesnt go or even look at reddit, and for that matter, whats the purpose of saying theres more active people on reddit heroaca than reddit one piece on resetera. Perhaps I could see if you said resetera One Piece OT had more/less than HeroAca OT, but to bring up reddit user statistics here? Its like me posting theres more posts on MAL for heroAca than One Piece. Whats the point?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I cant be the only one who doesnt go or even look at reddit, and for that matter, whats the purpose of saying theres more active people on reddit heroaca than reddit one piece on resetera. Perhaps I could see if you said resetera One Piece OT had more/less than HeroAca OT, but to bring up reddit user statistics here? Its like me posting theres more posts on MAL for heroAca than One Piece. Whats the point?
News on MHA popularity on a MHA thread

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I need a team up with Deku Ochako Mina and Shoji in the near future

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
In year two or three it may be possible for Shoji to intern with Suneater.
I think Shoji could learn a lot from Tamaki because Tamaki's quirk is also one of extreme body modification/manipulation.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Bakugo and Todoroki finished their battle. On the other side, Quirk Liberation army caught Giran. Next chapter probably will have flashbacks regarding LoV, their meeting with Giganto a month ago​

Someone on reddit then post this:

The first two parts are right.

Last parts are: One month ago, Gigantomachia and a small villain group teamed up together and killed people.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Other parts of the spoiler I've found
No.219 ゴー!スライディン・ゴー! 15P 10P使ってひったくりを制圧したところにヒーロー、スライディン・ゴーが到着し、爆豪・轟を学生と思えない!未来のトップヒーローだ!と褒める 一方解放軍、敵連合のブローカー・義爛を拘束。しかし口を割らずに長い付き合いになりそうと社長 ところ変わって一ヶ月半前、連合メンバーを泣いて襲うギガントマキア…敵連合は自壊の危機!? 近くのセブンのスルメを4,5個一度に買うのが最近の贅沢です<雄心>

No. 219 Go! Sliding Go!
After Bakugo and Todoroki restrain the purse snatcher, Pro Hero Sliding Go arrived and praises them, "I can't believe you're students! You'll be future top heroes!"

Meanwhile, the Liberation Army captures the League of Villains broker Giran. But he won't tell them anything and the CEO comments he thinks this will take awhile.

We flashback to a month and a half earlier, and see Gigantimakia crying and attacking the league members... is the league of villain in danger of destroying itself!?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
one month before the new Hero Rankings? That can't be too long since the highway attack.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
it's been a long time story wise since we've seen the League so I hope this flashback is lengthy, I wouldn't mind if it's the size of a mini arc

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of expecting the Gigantomachia thing to be the League training or something. I doubt they'd fall into infighting in a flashback like that.

I also still cannot get over how cool a name Gigantomachia is.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Other parts of the spoiler I've found
No.219 ゴー!スライディン・ゴー! 15P 10P使ってひったくりを制圧したところにヒーロー、スライディン・ゴーが到着し、爆豪・轟を学生と思えない!未来のトップヒーローだ!と褒める 一方解放軍、敵連合のブローカー・義爛を拘束。しかし口を割らずに長い付き合いになりそうと社長 ところ変わって一ヶ月半前、連合メンバーを泣いて襲うギガントマキア…敵連合は自壊の危機!? 近くのセブンのスルメを4,5個一度に買うのが最近の贅沢です<雄心>

No. 219 Go! Sliding Go!
After Bakugo and Todoroki restrain the purse snatcher, Pro Hero Sliding Go arrived and praises them, "I can't believe you're students! You'll be future top heroes!"

Meanwhile, the Liberation Army captures the League of Villains broker Giran. But he won't tell them anything and the CEO comments he thinks this will take awhile.

We flashback to a month and a half earlier, and see Gigantimakia crying and attacking the league members... is the league of villain in danger of destroying itself!?

Sliding... Sliding... Could it be... The Cruller? :O

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me if the BakuTodo fight shown in the final page last chapter, isnt just like one page thing in the upcoming chapter. I just want them to have a fully dedicated chapter to fighting.

Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
are you physically incapable of not referring to two male characters by a ship name?
?????

best kaminari and kirishima

D0xBbw7XcAA1MPC.png:small

Support for Kaminari feeling down about never succeeding over them was wonderful. VEry fantastic.

Also the BakuTodo final page was the best. Hope we drag out their battle for several chapters instead of making it a short thing. Need my dream team to happen for reals. Also I wish the provisional license exam was drawn extensievely, didnt need to be just two panels, really.

Arc will be pretty fantastic if we get the downfall of the LoV and Shigs needing Midoriyas help leading them to have to work together to bring down Destro and foster a AFO/OFA-mentee partnership/relationship. Would extensively subvert expectations.

Dec 28, 2018
Like the weak willed person I am I caved in and read the spoilers. Seems pretty juicy from the looks of it I mean the five last pages do atleast. Dunno if I would have spent 10 pages on Bakugo and Todoroki fight against a bunch of fodder but I guess it has been a while since they've fought some villains, hope the main leader of the fodder squad isn't super foddery. And who is Giran again? Like I I'm trying to recall all the members of the LOV and I can't seem to remember him at all.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Like the weak willed person I am I caved in and read the spoilers. Seems pretty juicy from the looks of it I mean the five last pages do atleast. Dunno if I would have spent 10 pages on Bakugo and Todoroki fight against a bunch of fodder but I guess it has been a while since they've fought some villains, hope the main leader of the fodder squad isn't super foddery. And who is Giran again? Like I I'm trying to recall all the members of the LOV and I can't seem to remember him at all.
Giran is the broker guy who introduced Dabi and Toga to Shigaraki

Status
Not open for further replies.