• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So I guess the league will have a more integral role in defeating Destro and his croonies to prove to Gigantomachia that All for One was one to something when he selecting them

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Felt a little weird at first that we spent so many pages dealing with this random villain, but it is their first time out on the streets, and it ended up tying back to the main villains w/ the tech, so all good. All Might praising them was a pretty good moment as well.

The stuff with Giran and Penguin was as tense as it could be for a character I honestly forgot even existed. Penguin actually looked a little intimidating there compared to last chapter.

Didn't expect a flashback, but it involves the dearly missed LoV, so I'm all for it. No real thoughts on the big guy though.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
A little too much jumping around for my taste especially with how little pages. But I'm all for seeing Gigantomachia again.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Bakugo and Todoroki itching to put those provisional licenses to good use! I'll never get tired of the BOOM sfx or the crazy faces Kacchan makes in battle.

Despite not seeing them get their provisional licenses(I really wanted more Bakugo/Camie interaction) it's clear they are operating more like pro heroes. Love that All Might is still getting the respect he deserves, too.

Looks like next chapter will be villain focused. God damn Giran, they caught him slipping. He's got more of a mouth on him than I was expecting. I'm wondering if he'll make it out alive. Curious about why they are collecting combat data, perhaps they are making their own Nomu? I'm sure we'll come to know the meaning soon enough.

On the League's end, I see Shiggy trying to recruit Gigantomachia ain't going too well. Curious what he'll say to sway the giant, this could be a big moment for him. Also, holy fuck I continue to be in awe of Gigantomachia. He looked like Blanka's dad in that last page

Will Giran die? Did Tomura and the League survive their encounter with Gigantomachia? How does the woman with the bangs in her eyes see?! Find out next time on My Hero Academia
giphy.gif

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Kind of hard to feel the intensity of this encounter when this is a flashback and we know the League is okay due to the Pro hero arc. I'm not bashing it really, I look forward to the development.

I do like the idea of the League clashing with the other villainous group's ideals and way of operating. The Yakuza failed, lets see how Destro's son fails now. Shiggy laughing in Overhaul's face is a top 5 my hero moment so I hope we get something like that again.

Last edited:

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Kind of hard to feel the intensity of this encounter when this is a flashback and we know the League is okay due to the Pro hero arc. I'm not bashing it really, I look forward to the development.

I do like the idea of the League clashing with the other villainous group's ideals and way of operating. The Yakuza failed, lets see how Destro's son fails now. Shiggy laughing in Overhaul's face is a top 5 my hero moment so I hope we get something like that again.
We only saw Dabi in the pro-hero arc tho.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
We only saw Dabi in the pro-hero arc tho.
He's still operating as a member of the League tho. Hawks is trying to build trust with him so he can get access to more of the League. There's nothing in that arc that indicates a massive shake-up has happened. I'm sure Dabi isn't in this most recent chapter just so Hori can be like "oh but maybe they were all destroyed here". If there's one thing I know about this manga it's that Deku and the League prevails till towards the end.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
He's still operating as a member of the League tho. Hawks is trying to build trust with him so he can get access to more of the League. There's nothing in that arc that indicates a massive shake-up has happened. I'm sure Dabi isn't in this most recent chapter just so Hori can be like "oh but maybe they were all destroyed here". If there's one thing I know about this manga it's that Deku and the League prevails till towards the end.
True. It's not really a big deal.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I don't think Hori wants us to seriously think that since he did a flashback, he's probably about to be formally recruited. It will be interesting to see how Shiggy calms him down and/if he can get him to follow his orders

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have to say, the moments where All Might is praising/giving advice or just beeing kind to students, belong to the best moments for me in Boku, or rather Manga in general.
I just love them, and i always just want to give All Might a big hug cause he really cares about all of them <3

Bildschirmfoto-2019-03-08-um-12-07-58.png

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Mangastream's translation makes it seem more like Giganto is training the League of Villains

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All Might managed to stole the chapter even when it had nothing to do with him
Not when Twice and Toga exists
As a fan of both class B anf Togawice I have mixed feelings about this comment. I compromise and say that you are right
I have to say, the moments where All Might is praising/giving advice or just beeing kind to students, belong to the best moments for me in Boku, or rather Manga in general.
I just love them, and i always just want to give All Might a big hug cause he really cares about all of them <3
Isnt it? All Might is such a great character

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I love that detail of Bakugo recovering the stolen bags and making sure not to burn them. Hori's always been good at reinforcing that even though his attitude sucks, Bakugo is damn good at what he does.

Looking forward to getting more development for the League next chapter. This whole conflict between the LoV and Destro has a lot of potential.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I love that detail of Bakugo recovering the stolen bags and making sure not to burn them. Hori's always been good at reinforcing that even though his attitude sucks, Bakugo is damn good at what he does.

Looking forward to getting more development for the League next chapter. This whole conflict between the LoV and Destro has a lot of potential.

Also Showing his situational awareness as he knocks the pole aside even though he wanted to charge the villain.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Why is everything about All MIght so good? I can't take how awesome he is time and time again.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda like that All Might is a lousy teacher honestly.

It wouldn't be interesting if All Might could just tell Deku how to power up.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Why is everything about All MIght so good? I can't take how awesome he is time and time again.

Literally what I was thinking. If I existed in the MHA world...I'd be such a super fan of All Might lol basically this would be me:

1S4piZ4.jpg

Anyway, I really liked the chapter, lots of stuff going on and seeing Bakugo and Shoto in action was nice too...the headpats gave me some feels.

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes 49

Wow they had so many heroes in the big event. Should at least make the invasion really interesting with WASHA getting in on the action, Ingenium and everyone's favorite normal hero Manual there.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I love both Japanese All Might's voice and Sabat's All Might

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Do you think they would ever make a Vigilantes anime? A nice alternative in case they ever catch up to the MHA manga and need to press pause for a bit.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Do you think they would ever make a Vigilantes anime? A nice alternative in case they ever catch up to the MHA manga and need to press pause for a bit.

Unless the Author goes on a Berserk Break we got nothing to worry about. Last arc and this arc will be season 5 material easy. By the time season 4 starts we might even be starting on season 6 material. Them pausing when they did for season 1 helped make sure they would never catch up to the Author.

Vigilantes feels like a series of OVA's when the animation studio needs to pay workers but doens't have any other anime lined up for those months.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I really don't see Vigilante becoming a OVA, it's a spin off to one of bones most popular series and it has enough content for a 2 season anime

Dec 28, 2018
Well like I thought the last few pages of the chapter were the most interesting. Todoroki and Bakugo styling on those jobber villains was nice to see and the fight itself was okay. And I'm guessing Sliding go is the long lost brother of the Crimson Chin cause that man has an absolute unit of a chin. And Giran even though I had totally forgotten about who you were you were kinda cool this chapter. Shame that he's most likely going to wind up dead or heavily tortured. And though I'm not a big fan of them it is nice to see more of the LOV after so long. And since the event with gigaboy took a month before I wonder how they managed to stop him from completely stomping their asses.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'll echo the sentiment that I doubt they'll ever need to pause the anime for scheduling reasons, but I'd love to see them put something together. Vigilantes is gr8.

Status
Not open for further replies.