• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Deku everytime Bakugo insults him:
good-one-bakugo.png

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So, we will probably get the VA of Gentle and La Brava this week or the next. Any bets?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the next Season will air in Fall 2020 or if they'll go back to Spring for 2021. Are there announced shows from MHA's producer that may have the same timeslot? I hear Jujutsu Kaisen is Toho as well and that might air Fall 2020 but I imagine that wouldn't be the same timeslot as MHA due to being much darker/grotesque.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the next Season will air in Fall 2020 or if they'll go back to Spring for 2021. Are there announced shows from MHA's producer that may have the same timeslot? I hear Jujutsu Kaisen is Toho as well and that might air Fall 2020 but I imagine that wouldn't be the same timeslot as MHA due to being much darker/grotesque.
It is impossible to know right now. Such things are announced later

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Is Jujutsu Kaisen good? Art seems interesting and it's still pretty early in its run so it wouldn't be hard to catch up

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
tumblr_inline_orjwse8Sqe1t261ij_500.png

kYHfC72bNBnRc5Jbl4dsuRnWcduBZf9xaQCZ_LX5-NE.png

e95079aed3cab148187cbe0fe734b023dea4149b.png

This is why Todoroki and Bakugo is fine. He just dismisses his anger at all, which infuriates Bakugo. It's not like Deku still praising him and being passive. Hell, Deku says he's blessed even though Bakugo chucked his spiky helmet at the back of his head

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_inline_orjwse8Sqe1t261ij_500.png

kYHfC72bNBnRc5Jbl4dsuRnWcduBZf9xaQCZ_LX5-NE.png

e95079aed3cab148187cbe0fe734b023dea4149b.png

This is why Todoroki and Bakugo is fine. He just dismisses his anger at all, which infuriates Bakugo. It's not like Deku still praising him and being passive. Hell, Deku says he's blessed even though Bakugo chucked his spiky helmet at the back of his head
It is fine on the side of Todoroki but still has the same problems about Bakugo antics. It shouldn't be dismissed, be either because of deseness or passiveness

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get what Hori is trying to do, but whether Bakugo is too aggressive or Deku is too passive, it didn't work this chapter. Towards the end of the scene where you can tell Bakugo is being insecure the dynamic was a little better, but yeah...I wasn't the biggest fan.

Not gonna say Bakugo shouldn't be in the chats cause I do enjoy that aspect, but the dynamic needs work. Bakugo and Todoroki's dynamic is beautiful, hope Hori gets there with Bakugo/Deku

I wish it was just this chapter. Between Bakugo stabbing him, All Might calling him a good friend in the JT arc, etc., it's pretty aggravating.

Trying to play their relationship for laughs just doesn't work for me because of the history there, on top of Deku still being submissive towards him. Until that gets resolved, I continue to not be a fan.

It's weird that Horikoshi can against all odds get this Endeavor stuff right, but is completely off the mark when it comes to these two.

Yeah. I mean Deku saying he's blessed that Bakugou is his friend now is weird. You're telling me he wanted to actually be friends with the guy who bullied him his whole life the whole time said bullying occured. And yeah Bakugou really feels weird here. Also not gonna lie I REALLY don't like how All Might sees Bakugou being a tool and either smiles, says "oh their proper rivals now", and "you have a good friend in him". Seriously All Might is such a Bakugou shill it makes me roll my eyes. That's not even getting into how All Might has never once tried to deal with his aggressive behaviour and discipline him as he did Midoriya.

Yea I forgot that All Might looks worse off too.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I wish it was just this chapter. Between Bakugo stabbing him, All Might calling him a good friend in the JT arc, etc., it's pretty aggravating.

Trying to play their relationship for laughs just doesn't work for me because of the history there, on top of Deku still being submissive towards him. Until that gets resolved, I continue to not be a fan.

It's weird that Horikoshi can against all odds get this Endeavor stuff right, but is completely off the mark when it comes to these two.
Those things didn't bother me as much. The stabbing thing was clearly meant to be a gag but it didn't land. It's so over the top but it was needlessly violent. There are other ways to show Bakugo's insecurity about Deku's growth.

As far as All Might calling him a good friend, AM hasn't seen the relationship the way we have. He hasn't seen the lowest point of their relationship, just how much Deku admires Bakugo. So I can't really blame him, only the reader and Bakugo/Deku know Bakugo told Deku to kill himself.

It really does feel like Hori is trying to pretend that didn't happen. If he's not going to address it he definitely needs to look at how he writes their dynamic

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those things didn't bother me as much. The stabbing thing was clearly meant to be a gag but it didn't land. It's so over the top but it was needlessly violent. There are other ways to show Bakugo's insecurity about Deku's growth.

As far as All Might calling him a good friend, AM hasn't seen the relationship the way we have. He hasn't seen the lowest point of their relationship, just how much Deku admires Bakugo. So I can't really blame him, only the reader and Bakugo/Deku know Bakugo told Deku to kill himself.

It really does feel like Hori is trying to pretend that didn't happen. If he's not going to address it he definitely needs to look at how he writes their dynamic

The gags and usual dynamic is already pretty ehhh for me nowadays, so when actual violence came out of it, I'm like ok, that's too much lol

As for stuff like All Might, that justification was barely fine for the JT arc that one time, but seeing it happen is less so. That said, regarding these 3 characters, they're all admittedly acting in-character. (Well maybe All Might could show some more self-awareness)

The blame is, as always, on Horikoshi of course, because no one told him to inadvertently make All Might look bad by having him say that. And like you said, it does feel like he wants us to forget about it, but it's just impossible, it's the perpetual elephant in the room. At the very least, if he could speed up Deku being more unwilling to take his shit, that'd be swell.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The gags and usual dynamic is already pretty ehhh for me nowadays, so when actual violence came out of it, I'm like ok, that's too much lol

As for stuff like All Might, that justification was barely fine for the JT arc that one time, but seeing it happen is less so. That said, regarding these 3 characters, they're all admittedly acting in-character. (Well maybe All Might could show some more self-awareness)

The blame is, as always, on Horikoshi of course, because no one told him to inadvertently make All Might look bad by having him say that. And like you said, it does feel like he wants us to forget about it, but it's just impossible, it's the perpetual elephant in the room. At the very least, if he could speed up Deku being more unwilling to take his shit, that'd be swell.
Yeah, I hear where you're coming from brother. It is starting to bother me a little too, so I do hope Hori can improve things

Watch Bakugo completely change after All Might bites it. Lol probably not, but maybe he won't be as aggressive towards Deku

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I hear where you're coming from brother. It is starting to bother me a little too, so I do hope Hori can improve things

Watch Bakugo completely change after All Might bites it. Lol probably not, but maybe he won't be as aggressive towards Deku

Yea I could see that

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh the slapstick doesn't bother me at all - it's just that, slapstick. This chapter in particular though had Bakugou cranked up to 11 in a scene where he really probably should've been quieter. He's always taken this All Might stuff seriously before, but now it's all "HAAA THAT MEANS I WIN" about it? Felt weird.

I wonder if there's going to be a serious body count come March. If the MVA arc was any indication, I think it might be possible.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Not all Might. I'm thinking once he finds out about Best Jeanist.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I wonder if there's going to be a serious body count come March. If the MVA arc was any indication, I think it might be possible.
While I'm fairly confident(but prepared to eat crow) that Hero society will continue in some form after this arc, I'm terrified for the characters.

All Might, Endeavor, and Hawks in particular. AM and Endeavor I'm kinda prepped for...

But dear Gaara, don't take Hawks away from me lol

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
While I'm fairly confident(but prepared to eat crow) that Hero society will continue in some form after this arc, I'm terrified for the characters.

All Might, Endeavor, and Hawks in particular. AM and Endeavor I'm kinda prepped for...

But dear Gaara, don't take Hawks away from me lol
I'm filled with fear that they're going to Worf Miruko. What better way to show that shit's gotten real than to have an outspoken badass woman go out like a punk?

-__-

But speaking more generally I really feel like we're going to see hero society get broken, at least in Japan. Transition us into My Hero Resistance sequel series *cmon horikoshi*

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm filled with fear that they're going to Worf Miruko. What better way to show that shit's gotten real than to have an outspoken badass woman go out like a punk?

-__-

But speaking more generally I really feel like we're going to see hero society get broken, at least in Japan. Transition us into My Hero Resistance sequel series *cmon horikoshi*
I hope Miruko pulls through, we haven't seen enough of her. I would love it if she became one of the more important pros moving forward.

Idk how I feel about the fall of society and about the sequel series. I think it's too soon. There's still so much potential in the school setting. Plus I would feel bad for Shinso lol

Finally get into the Hero course just in time for society to get rekt

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

All Might saw him try to maim Deku though in their first fight, so calling him a good friend and encouraging Deku's admiration of him is odd

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

I look forward to Horokoshi reading the internet and addressing it finally six months from now.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I feel we go over this every other week, but I think it's either Kaminari or Hagakure. I'm hoping for Kaminari though.

This thread also convinced me that Uraraka wouldn't be a bad pick for traitor either.

Anyone else would be unsatisfactory.

I would love for there to be two traitors, Hagakure/ Uraraka who's been working for the league, Kaminari who's been working for the MLA (or at some point has been indoctrinated to the MLA, maybe after the stain incident)

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I liked Bakugo celebrating still being ahead in his eyes. It's Deku's reaction to it that makes it weird. Dude just feels like a pushover/doormat when it comes to Bakugo. And for him to then be like "blah blah normal-ish convo with Kacchan blah blah I'm so blessed", that just felt hollow to me.
It's not as if the "blessed" part was talking about his improved relationship with Bakugo only, that's just one part of it. Looking at where he's come from, it's totally understandable that he feels that way. He used to be alone and quirkless and the childhood friend he admires so much but couldn't properly talk to before is now friends with him. He goes to the best hero school now and even has his idol All Might personally mentoring him.

Honestly, I found it a little weird that quite a few of you here fixated on the small Bakugo portion of that. He was literally counting his blessings and Bakugo just happened to be a part of it cause it really was one of (among many others) the good things that happened to him: his relationship with Bakugo improved.
Bakugo being obnoxious is par the course, honestly. He's like that with everyone to an extent.

The problem is how Deku reacts to it. Saying things like "I'm so blessed to be able to talk to Bakugo normal-ish now". Their relationship still kinda comes off as toxic in a way. They don't feel like friends, it feels like Deku is putting Bakugo on some sort of pedestal.

There's a reason that people also say that the Shoto/Bakugo or Kirishima/Bakugo dynamic works well. Shoto just has everything Bakugo say roll off of him like water, while offering deadpan, airhead responses that piss Bakugo off. That dynamic works. Kirishima is so overly optimistic and friendly that he actually does come off as a friend to Bakugo. They see each other as equals.

Deku is getting to the point that Bakugo's insults don't bother him, and he's able to offer comebacks now, which is great. But then you have him saying that "I'm blessed" nonsense, and you realize that he still has Bakugo on this "oh, I need his approval" pedestal nonsense that he should have outgrown a long time ago. It also doesn't help that Shoto and Kirishima don't have the history with Bakugo that Deku has, so them being buddy buddy works more. Deku and Bakugo being friends has times when it does work, but Deku's attitude towards how Bakugo treats him and their relationship in general needs serious work.

People say that there's an interview where Hori says that he regrets having Bakugo tell Deku to kill himself. Not sure if that's just a rumor or not, but I can see that considering Deku and Bakugo's relationship. But, so far, he hasn't retconned it, so all of their interactions still make you think back to that moment and how Bakugo hasn't really apologized for it. Maybe he doesn't have to, but in turn, Deku's way of thinking of Bakugo seriously needs to change.

All Might saying shit like this doesn't help either.

1iYguZx.png
Deku absolutely has Bakugo on a pedestal, Deku vs. Kacchan 2 and their previous fights made that clear enough. I do understand where you're coming from now though. He and All Might could both be reacting better to Bakugo, but I find that happening pretty hard to imagine. Like I said, he definitely puts Bakugo on a pedestal and now that they understand each other, I don't think Deku would ever have any qualms with the way Bakugo talks to him. At the very least, he's at least referred to their relationship as "okay-ish" so there's room for improvement in his eyes.

I don't have a link on me right now but Horikoshi did say that, and he addressed it once more recently too. I believe it was during a Q&A thing for Heroes Rising. He specifically mentioned how Bakugo has yet to apologize and that he needs to do that one day. I expect their relationship will go from "okay-ish" to "okay" or better once that happens. Maybe he'll act like he does around Kirishima with Deku once that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.