• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
This isnt how things work tho. Just because the story becomes bigger the prologue becomes bigger. The story until the all might fight was clearly made to be the prologue
True but he could have some new ideas that make what we've seen so far seem like a prologue
Does the site send alerts when quotes are edited into posts now? Cause I'm pretty sure that just happened for me...

Where? Are you referring to the thing about the series being planned for 20ish volumes initially or something else? (Cause I thought that predated Vol. 11)
There was an interview interview where he was talking about characters having bigger roles than there original plans, if I remember correctly I believe you also states that the story has gotten bigger than what he originally planned out

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ways they could handle 10 movies if this were true (which I don't at all believe it is, just imagining/playing along with this scenerio where somehow there are 10 more movies on the way lol):

1. Manga Arc Re-adaptations: Self explanatory.
2. MCU: Standalone movies for different characters/groups, maybe tying together at some point.
3. Deku Time, All The Time: basically what's happened so far, just stretched out for more movies

Of these, the second would be the most interesting (imagine going to theaters for "Red Riot" lol). First could be interesting as well if it's not just a compilation of TV anime footage but actual remake in movie with new visuals (backgrounds get special attention in my dream scenario). But the third would be the most likely, that's just how these anime franchise movies go. Gotta maximize potential revenue by including your most popular characters all the time. But hey, maybe Shueisha sees the success of the MCU and are like "we could do that too, we got superheroes!" lol.

if we are just in the prologue
Why would one believe Yonkou over 3+ year old info from the manga?

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly even if this is true, that I doubt, this is very irresponsible. Leaking the plans of Shueisha/Bones for the next 10 years makes no sense to me unless you want to rile up fans for no reason. Unless it is straight up revealed in a interview or the manga itself, he is seriously endangering the job of whoever leaked it to him

Not confirmed but the guy is a decent source so maybe
Wasnt he wrong recently about Attack on Titan and Jujutsu animes?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wasnt he wrong recently about Attack on Titan and Jujutsu animes?
I don't know if he specifically was wrong about Jujutsu. I remember there was wrong info being spread around Jump Festa but not sure he contributed to it.

Attack on Titan, seems like he wasn't. He said WIT wouldn't be the studio for the next season and they seemingly are not.

He has been wrong before though, notably about Dragon Ball Super returning to TV last year. I think others said that too and were also wrong. But he's been right enough times that I don't dismiss what he says, usually.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if he specifically was wrong about Jujutsu. I remember there was wrong info being spread around Jump Festa but not sure he contributed to it.

Attack on Titan, seems like he wasn't. He said WIT wouldn't be the studio for the next season and they seemingly are not.
No to both, No studio have been confirmed for AOT or JJK but he was wrong about OPM
Talking about the previous season of AoT, I remember he being wrong but it might be about OPM

Edit: Just looked, it was about it being 24 episodes that ended up being 2 cours of 12

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One Piece is going to end before MHA does
I think that's possible as well. At the very least, not many other series in Jump I see still being in the magazine when OP ends.
Edit: Just looked, it was about it being 24 episodes that ended up being 2 cours of 12
I remember that. I'm willing to believe that when he said that was the actual plan. Because seasons being split into separate cours happens occasionally (recently with SAO's latest season). I think that's why they named the second cours "Season 3 Part II" despite the fact that the two separate parts of S3 are as long as S2. Happened with Soma as well.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I remember that. I'm willing to believe that when he said that was the actual plan. Because seasons being split into separate cours happens occasionally (recently with SAO's latest season). I think that's why they named the second cours "Season 3 Part II" despite the fact that the two separate parts of S3 are as long as S2. Happened with Soma as well.
Still, it is proof that not everything he says should be taken as certain because he can have just half of the information. For all we know the reason they should be able to do movies every year is because the studio of the movies aren't the same as the anime one anymore. It can even be recap movies

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The PV for the back half of the season looks good. Arc should be as fun as the manga version

Hmmm.

Edit-Oh I guess he was joking?

No way this is true. At least, I hope not. Otherwise...
drinking-vodka.gif

How long did it take after the first movie before the second one was announced?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Still, it is proof that not everything he says should be taken as certain because he can have just half of the information.
Certainly. As I said above, he's been right enough times that I don't dismiss his claims entirely but I don't blindly believe everything he says and don't believe this 10 movie thing.
drinking-vodka.gif
Lmao

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
The PV for the back half of the season looks good. Arc should be as fun as the manga version

drinking-vodka.gif

About a year give or take ( it was announced late last summer iirc)

Edit: NSESN was right, I was thinking of the reveal of the key visual/movie title.

I could get on board with more movies if they're like the upcoming Demon Slayer movie (MVA movie anyone?) but if it's just more wishy washy non consequential stuff like two heroes then count me the fuck out.

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

drinking-vodka.gif

The second movie was announced at the end of march.
First movie was august of 2018, so about 7 months
Certainly. As I said above, he's been right enough times that I don't dismiss his claims entirely but I don't blindly believe everything he says and don't believe this 10 movie thing.
Same here

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm calling bullshit on this one. Dude can occasionally be right about manga spoilers like OP and anime announcements, but his track record is all over the place.

I still remember when OPM S2 was supposed to have one episode a month or some stupid shit.

And Hori stated that this was the last movie he'd be involved with. I always assumed more movies would be on the way, just with "non-canon" plots. Hope they go full idiot with these movies and they start doing absurd premises like the Naruto movies did. Time travel, here we come.

It's also really likely that most these movies are going to be recap films
The way the series is adapted, having recap movies or remakes of previous arcs seems pointless.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm calling bullshit on this one. Dude can occasionally be right about manga spoilers like OP and anime announcements, but his track record is all over the place.

I still remember when OPM S2 was supposed to have one episode a month or some stupid shit.

And Hori stated that this was the last movie he'd be involved with. I always assumed more movies would be on the way, just with "non-canon" plots. Hope they go full idiot with these movies and they start doing absurd premises like the Naruto movies did. Time travel, here we come.

The way the series is adapted, having recap movies or remakes of previous arcs seems pointless.
It can be true, but I dont like his overreaction. Like I said above, it doesnt make sense for a substudio to make a yearly anime and a movie at the same time, so they would probably need a second studio to maintain the rhythm. And if there are 2 substudios the worry that the movies will affect the anime disappear.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
About a year give or take ( it was announced late last summer iirc)

I could get on board with more movies if they're like the upcoming Demon Slayer movie (MVA movie anyone?) but if it's just more wishy washy non consequential stuff like two heroes then count me the fuck out.

That's what anime movies for shounen series should be, just non-canon stuff that is entertaining. I'd hate for them to be something I actually had to go out of my way to watch to make sense of the manga.

As for something like what Demon Slayer is doing, while it's nice seeing an arc in movie quality, I will always prefer an anime series adaptation instead.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, cool. Thanks guys.

I say we just wait 7-8 months after this latest movie to see if we hear anything. If a new movie gets announced, that's when we hit the panic button
I mean even then it would mean the next movie is only mid 2021 that would be against Yonkou claim that it will be yearly.
Panic button would be needed if it is announced until march and it is the same substudio as the anime one

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ohhh that's what it was lmao!!! I remember now. (Saw OPM come up but didn't remember it was this specifically)
Hope they go full idiot with these movies and they start doing absurd premises like the Naruto movies did. Time travel, here we come.
Oh my god, is this how we get Quirkless Deku? "Road to Hero" where Deku and Ochaco go to a parallel world?
We could also get Prototype Bakugo who casually throws shade with his "Why I daresay anyone could pull it off!"
While I do agree there are series more in need of canon higher quality movie remakes (cough Black Clover cough), it would make sense here as well. Having a new promotional event (movie in this instance) tied to the beginning of a series is a good way to get new people in. I imagine that's why One Piece had canon arc movie/special remakes.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I mean even then it would mean the next movie is only mid 2021 that would be against Yonkou claim that it will be yearly.
Panic button would be needed if it is announced until march and it is the same substudio as the anime one
I hear what you're saying but any movie announcement would be a panic button moment for me. I don't think the staff splitting time between the anime and movies works out in the anime's favor. I was hoping after this last movie all hands would be on deck for the anime for at least a couple seasons.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Because I generally just prefer the manga versions of things anyway, I personally don't mind a TV adaptation suffering so a movie can look good.
(Not to say I've been watching S4 thinking "man this is suffering, is it the movie?" in the first place)

This makes me feel like he's playing lol. But maybe it's true...

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The discussion made me actually wonder about what percentage of the overall series we're into and how far beyond they expect to go (e.g. whether it's going to stay in a school environment or go further beyond post-graduation). Looking back at other bigger shonen series like Dragon Ball, Bleach, Naruto etc. makes me feel like we're not even at the halfway point.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The discussion made me actually wonder about what percentage of the overall series we're into and how far beyond they expect to go (e.g. whether it's going to stay in a school environment or go further beyond post-graduation). Looking back at other bigger shonen series like Dragon Ball, Bleach, Naruto etc. makes me feel like we're not even at the halfway point.
Beats me. Chapter wise, at this point in Dragonball, there was already a timeskip and Goku was fighting Piccolo Jr.

At this point in Naruto, we were in Shippuden rescuing Gaara.

We're not at the half way point. Hell, we might not even be at the 1/4th point.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Btw, looking at the list of uncollected chapters, the latest chapter (257) seems like it'll be the end of Volume 26 (so it'd have 247-257). Don't know if a release date for that has been announced yet but it'd mean "Post-Timeskip" MHA starts at Volume 27.

For comparison, Naruto Part II is 28. Pretty close!
(One Piece is in the 61 lol)

How far ahead did we timeskip anyway? What month does that last scene take place in?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Btw, looking at the list of uncollected chapters, the latest chapter (257) seems like it'll be the end of Volume 26 (so it'd have 247-257). Don't know if a release date for that has been announced yet but it'd mean "Post-Timeskip" MHA starts at Volume 27.

For comparison, Naruto Part II is 28. Pretty close!
(One Piece is in the 61 lol)

How far ahead did we timeskip anyway? What month does that last scene take place in?
In story they were in January and it skipped to late March, not much of a timeskip but I can see a two year time skip after the war arc

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the future first year students were mentioned last chapter I think we will see all 3 years. The name is My Hero ACADEMIA anyway so it shouldnt be a surprise.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Considering the future first year students were mentioned last chapter I think we will see all 3 years. The name is My Hero ACADEMIA anyway so it shouldnt be a surprise.
Well of course new student are going to get in every year but that isn't confirmation that we're going to see them

On the Academia part it's already been discussed her that it could get a title change

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know but I would like to get out of that school setting, whether through a timeskip or their studies being on-hold or the school getting destroyed or whatever. I'm over the setting at this point.
That is ok to think but I feel the school is essential for Horikoshi's writing, it provides easy moments of comfort and Horikoshi can do a slice of arc chapter or mini arc whenever the last arc was too stressful. It was basically what happenned with the culture festival arc and to a lesser extent the xmas chapter.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
That is ok to think but I feel the school is essential for Horikoshi's writing, it provides easy moments of comfort and Horikoshi can do a slice of arc chapter or mini arc whenever the last arc was too stressful. It was basically what happenned with the culture festival arc and to a lesser extent the xmas chapter.
But you don't need a school to do SOL

Status
Not open for further replies.