• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
it provides easy moments of comfort and Horikoshi can do a slice of arc chapter or mini arc whenever the last arc was too stressful.
I agree that the school setting facilitates that and have enjoyed much of those moments, with the Cultural Festival Arc being a favorite of mine not just for the Gentle fight. But he still can have lighter stuff outside of that, Vigilantes does it pretty well, and I've just generally enjoyed the parts outside the school much more.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all be in my head stop sharing my tastes I don't even like y'all for real

my hero:subtitle here
fd4.gif

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
What shall be the name
My Hero World
My Hero Society
My Hero Rebellion
My Hero Story
My Hero Team
My Hero
Any other guesses?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Because I generally just prefer the manga versions of things anyway, I personally don't mind a TV adaptation suffering so a movie can look good.
(Not to say I've been watching S4 thinking "man this is suffering, is it the movie?" in the first place)

This makes me feel like he's playing lol. But maybe it's true...

So that Bleach OVA just got officially announced, I am concerned you guys.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So that Bleach OVA just got officially announced, I am concerned you guys.
Where? If you're referring to that thread here, that's based on another tweet that also isn't an official announcement.

Though yes, multiple people talking about Burn the Witch now, even just as rumors, means you should be concerned if you're against this 10 movie plan.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Realistically will we sit thru three years of school? Or will it skip past it eventually
Maybe we will get a bit of 2nd year then a skip to year 3

But idk, I love timeskips but I'm not in a rush to get past U.A. There's still a lot they could do before graduation.
Hero Society is gonna fall, so unlikely
I don't understand how some of y'all are so sure Hero society will fall. I think it is a given something major will happen, but Hero society falling is not guaranteed.

I still think it's too soon. AM and/or Endeavor dies in one major event, Hero society falls in another villain event further down in the series.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe we will get a bit of 2nd year then a skip to year 3

But idk, I love timeskips but I'm not in a rush to get past U.A. There's still a lot they could do before graduation.

I don't understand how some of y'all are so sure Hero society will fall. I think it is a given something major will happen, but Hero society falling is not guaranteed.

I still think it's too soon. AM and/or Endeavor dies in one major event, Hero society falls in another villain event further down in the series.
Because it's not really a long process, once Shigaraki wakes up he said he'll destroy everything, him taking out the Pro Heroes already pretty much kills hero society and Shigaraki will probably turn his attention to UA right after and seeing how all he has to do is put his hand on the floor to destroy a whole city, I don't see UA surviving this

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Because it's not really a long process, once Shigaraki wakes up he said he'll destroy everything, him taking out the Pro Heroes already pretty much kills hero society and Shigaraki will probably turn his attention to UA right after and seeing how all he has to do is put his hand on the floor to destroy a whole city, I don't see UA surviving this
Him saying it and doing it is different though. The heroes have been actively trying to figure out his plan, and I'd be shocked if there's no countermeasures and the League runs roughshod over everything.

When you guys say the fall of Hero society, I'm picturing the apocalypse. No heroes, villains control everything, it's just fighting, death, and Shiggy controlling everything. I don't see that happening this soon. Maybe a couple of people will die, maybe the heroes really will disappear. Hell, maybe even U.A. gets destroyed but I don't see Hero society itself falling at this point in time.

Of course I could be wrong, but I'm thinking it'll just be the start of the fall, not the actual death blow itself

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
When you guys say the fall of Hero society, I'm picturing the apocalypse. No heroes, villains control everything, it's just fighting, death, and Shiggy controlling everything. I don't see that happening this soon. Maybe a couple of people will die, maybe the heroes really will disappear. Hell, maybe even U.A. gets destroyed but I don't see Hero society itself falling at this point in time.

Of course I could be wrong, but I'm thinking it'll just be the start of the fall, not the actual death blow itself
I don't really see it that way, the Liberation Army already had their plans for a new Society, Geten said it would be one where ones status would be tied to the power of one's Quirk, they PLF also have ties to the Media and Politics so it wouldn't be hard for to trick regular citizens into believing them

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I don't really see it that way, the Liberation Army already had their plans for a new Society, Geten said it would be one where ones status would be tied to the power of one's Quirk, they PLF also have ties to the Media and Politics so it wouldn't be hard for to trick regular citizens into believing them
Tricking the people and still operating from the shadows somewhat is something I can see happening a lot easier than them destroying Hero society outright

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This debate is exactly why I'm extremely curious to see what the aftermath looks like lol

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Tricking the people and still operating from the shadows somewhat is something I can see happening a lot easier than them destroying Hero society outright
Yeah since they abandoned the name LoV and the fact that most of their Identities are still hidden to the public, they can easily sell a story about how the LoV sent High End Nomu to kill all the Pro Heroes and the PLF were the ones to defeat them after

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yeah since they abandoned the name LoV and the fact that most of their Identities are still hidden to the public, they can easily sell a story about how the LoV sent High End Nomu to kill all the Pro Heroes and the PLF were the ones to defeat them after
Yeah it's possible, though I wouldn't consider that the fall of Hero society. Just your everyday corruption lol. Granted, I don't see all the pro heroes dying. That would be a bold move

Something else is behind the disappearance, though I have no idea what

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My Hero Battleship
Class 1-A will flee japan on a battleship and become pirates

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You know what, I will just ignore it. Doesnt matter if it is true or not but I don't want to give audience for this show

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'd looooooooooove it if we got out of the highschool setting. It feels like... you know, I was going to say like a crutch, but it goes beyond that. Like it's a limitation. So many series are like "yeah this whole cast looks and acts like adults and gets into adult drama but actually they're all in middle school" or whatever, like it's obligatory that they're all under 18. Maybe they don't have that long a timeskip, but just having them out in the world away from the classroom would be cool. as hell.
What shall be the name
My Hero World
My Hero Society
My Hero Rebellion
My Hero Story
My Hero Team
My Hero
Any other guesses?
I always liked My Hero Resistance if the LoV wins in March. If it's just Deku as a hero and society is more or less intact... probably something with an A? My Hero Ascension?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you have some crazy and unreasonable expectations if you expect the whole manga to be rebooted for this arc lol

I'm sure it's gonna be a big shake up but c'mon now, it isn't going to change the entire name and brand of the series.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I read those tweets are like 1 AM or something. Hoped I'd wake up to them getting debunked or whatever... Fuck. I mean, uhh, I'd be happy if the series lasted a long time if Horikoshi can keep up the quality, but I am absolutely not happy about the 10 movies thing if it turns out to be true. Season 3 and 4 were already disappointing enough for me, I'd hate to see future arcs keep getting affected by movie productions.
Ways they could handle 10 movies if this were true (which I don't at all believe it is, just imagining/playing along with this scenerio where somehow there are 10 more movies on the way lol):

1. Manga Arc Re-adaptations: Self explanatory.
2. MCU: Standalone movies for different characters/groups, maybe tying together at some point.
3. Deku Time, All The Time: basically what's happened so far, just stretched out for more movies

Of these, the second would be the most interesting (imagine going to theaters for "Red Riot" lol). First could be interesting as well if it's not just a compilation of TV anime footage but actual remake in movie with new visuals (backgrounds get special attention in my dream scenario). But the third would be the most likely, that's just how these anime franchise movies go. Gotta maximize potential revenue by including your most popular characters all the time. But hey, maybe Shueisha sees the success of the MCU and are like "we could do that too, we got superheroes!" lol.
Oh sweet, time for TodoMomo: The Movie. An hour and a half of pro heroes Shoto and Creati working together and ending with their wedding and a flash forward to their life with children. Amazing. The 10 movies have been redeemed now. They can continue to exist.
Because I generally just prefer the manga versions of things anyway, I personally don't mind a TV adaptation suffering so a movie can look good.
(Not to say I've been watching S4 thinking "man this is suffering, is it the movie?" in the first place)

This makes me feel like he's playing lol. But maybe it's true...

Oh snap, I'd watch the shit out of that.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I read those tweets are like 1 AM or something. Hoped I'd wake up to them getting debunked or whatever... Fuck. I mean, uhh, I'd be happy if the series lasted a long time if Horikoshi can keep up the quality, but I am absolutely not happy about the 10 movies thing if it turns out to be true. Season 3 and 4 were already disappointing enough for me, I'd hate to see future arcs keep getting affected by movie productions.

Oh sweet, time for TodoMomo: The Movie. An hour and a half of pro heroes Shoto and Creati working together and ending with their wedding and a flash forward to their life with children. Amazing. The 10 movies have been redeemed now. They can continue to exist.

Oh snap, I'd watch the shit out of that.
He may be wrong

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you have some crazy and unreasonable expectations if you expect the whole manga to be rebooted for this arc lol

I'm sure it's gonna be a big shake up but c'mon now, it isn't going to change the entire name and brand of the series.
Same here. I can't think of a previous example were part of the title of a WSJ manga was dropped due to plot development reasons. The "Academia" is here to stay, even if they stop attending school. I would only expect to have it removed once the series ends, and a sequel series is announced ala Boruto.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Spoilers for Chapter 258 are out.
The pro's are gathering in one place and the students are gathering in one place

Chase

Oct 25, 2017

Well, the end of 257 does say heroes vanish from the city. Would make a lot of sense to reboot as "My Academia" and focus on Deku's school studies.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Yonkou hasn't said anything about them adapting fan-fiction yet...
Well, the end of 257 does say heroes vanish from the city. Would make a lot of sense to reboot as "My Academia" and focus on Deku's school studies.
Lol

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Full Spoiler
(Also poorly translated)

No.258 Fellow

Door Hawks in the PLA about a

month
after receiving a hint from a hospital two months back from the origin trio "Hero disappeared" following Bernin who jumps in the air and gives instructions .

Twice calls Hawks to come over with Choi.
The unit captain, Twice, was told to state his philosophy, but apparently wanted to consult the Hawks, but the

PLA had a unit whose cadres were separated by trend. Hawks has been in the know for a month.

The beginning of time behavior human wave tactics Corps BLACK Twice
the beginning of time behavior guerrilla regiment VIOLET cremated
the beginning of time behavior information regiment CARMINE Toga
the beginning of time behavior support regiment BROWN spinner and compress

those visible in the Liberation Army participants of spy it, the current is those who are in favor of the Liberation Army system There was resentment against
The current system
, the elimination of heroes. Specifically, where major cities were attacked and outlawed, Lidestro and the Flower Party of the Senate Party entered politics.
Giving the freedom of self-defense by dispersing weapons, causing confusion and replaying the AFO.

After consultation, Twice had a very good face and said, "I'm a good guy. You are!"
Hawks "This is (thanks to you, Hitoshi Minabe Kawahara. I heard that I had overcome the trauma, and I was the most vigilant from Ichisuke's child villain. existence to the unusual) "should Back to the present.
Hawks(you))
"I'm not a bad guy," he said, " but I'm not a bad guy."」
The Hawks are a good team.)
Now playing: 'GMA' Hot List: how to beat the flu」

It's the same place.The boys before elementary school seem to be uneasy.
Mother " first grade you can do your best?」
The child who has the endver plush toy looks at the fist of the might statue and says, " Yeah!」

Endeavor is a picture of a group of pro-hero gathered at the top of the picture to go to somewhere.There are teachers.

Instead of 1A, the intern is supposed to go on an expedition, and I wonder why the expedition is overlapping with everyone

Expedition day
Burnin pointed to the city below, and towards the yuei intern student, " we are evacuating at the rear」
The gathered heroes have their own thoughts on their faces

Last Part Translated:

Changing locations, we're in front of the All Might statue at Ground Zero in Kamino.

There's a little boy looking nervous about starting elementary school.

Mother: Are you gonna do your best in first grade?

The little boy is holding on to his Endeavor plushie and looks up at the All Might statue's fist. "Yeah!"

We then see the Pro Heroes gathered together with Endeavor in the lead, and they're headed out somewhere. There are some U.A. teachers in their midst as well.

The students find out that all of their internships are sending them on missions, and it's not just 1-A. They're all chatting about how weird it is they all are having missions on the same day.

On the day of the mission:
Burnin' points at the city below them, and tells the interns from U.A. "We're going to follow from behind and help with evacuation." The U.A. students are all together and we see on their faces how they all feel.

Last page has the Class A students plus Nejire and a bunch of heroes together

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Full Spoiler
(Also poorly translated)

No.258 Fellow

Door Hawks in the PLA about a

month
after receiving a hint from a hospital two months back from the origin trio "Hero disappeared" following Bernin who jumps in the air and gives instructions .

Twice calls Hawks to come over with Choi.
The unit captain, Twice, was told to state his philosophy, but apparently wanted to consult the Hawks, but the

PLA had a unit whose cadres were separated by trend. Hawks has been in the know for a month.

The beginning of time behavior human wave tactics Corps BLACK Twice
the beginning of time behavior guerrilla regiment VIOLET cremated
the beginning of time behavior information regiment CARMINE Toga
the beginning of time behavior support regiment BROWN spinner and compress

those visible in the Liberation Army participants of spy it, the current is those who are in favor of the Liberation Army system There was resentment against
The current system
, the elimination of heroes. Specifically, where major cities were attacked and outlawed, Lidestro and the Flower Party of the Senate Party entered politics.
Giving the freedom of self-defense by dispersing weapons, causing confusion and replaying the AFO.

After consultation, Twice had a very good face and said, "I'm a good guy. You are!"
Hawks "This is (thanks to you, Hitoshi Minabe Kawahara. I heard that I had overcome the trauma, and I was the most vigilant from Ichisuke's child villain. existence to the unusual) "should Back to the present.
Hawks(you))
"I'm not a bad guy," he said, " but I'm not a bad guy."」
The Hawks are a good team.)
Now playing: 'GMA' Hot List: how to beat the flu」

It's the same place.The boys before elementary school seem to be uneasy.
Mother " first grade you can do your best?」
The child who has the endver plush toy looks at the fist of the might statue and says, " Yeah!」

Endeavor is a picture of a group of pro-hero gathered at the top of the picture to go to somewhere.There are teachers.

Instead of 1A, the intern is supposed to go on an expedition, and I wonder why the expedition is overlapping with everyone

Expedition day
Burnin pointed to the city below, and towards the yuei intern student, " we are evacuating at the rear」
The gathered heroes have their own thoughts on their faces

Last Part Translated:

Changing locations, we're in front of the All Might statue at Ground Zero in Kamino.

The little boy is holding on to his Endeavor plushie and looks up at the All Might statue's fist. "Yeah!"

We then see the Pro Heroes gathered together with Endeavor in the lead, and they're headed out somewhere. There are some U.A. teachers in their midst as well.

The students find out that all of their internships are sending them on missions, and it's not just 1-A. They're all chatting about how weird it is they all are having missions on the same day.

On the day of the mission:
Burnin' points at the city below them, and tells the interns from U.A. "We're going to follow from behind and help with evacuation." The U.A. students are all together and we see on their faces how they all feel.

Last page has the Class A students plus Nejire and a bunch of heroes together

No.258 Friends (Nakama)

Opening page: Deku, Todoroki, and Bakugo following Burnin' as she jumps in the air and gives orders

We go back in time two months before the "heroes disappeared". It's been about one week since Hawks got the hint about the hospital and he's with the Liberation Front.

Twice called Hawks to come over. Twice was assigned to be the leader of a unit and was told to speak on the principals of the PLF but doesn't understand them at all so wants Hawks to help him.

The Liberation Front has divided their leaders up into units based on their strengths. It's take Hawks one month to get a clear understanding of their members.

Human Wave Attack Unit - BLACK Twice

Raid Unit - VIOLET Dabi

Information Unit - CARMINE Toga

Support Unit - BROWN Spinner & Mr. Compress

*this is a rough translation, the unit/squads have fancier names

As a spy in the Liberation Front, Hawks saw that people that agreed with the Liberation Front were people who hate and resent the current system. Hating the current system aka they wish for the annihilation of heroes. They plan to attack major cities, and then Redestro and Hanabata will move into areas that have become lawless with their own politics. They'll give out weapons left and right, give people the freedom to defend themselves, cause chaos, and replicate what AFO did.

After talking with Hawks, Twice gives him a really nice look and says "You really are a nice guy!" Hawks: It's my pleasure (thinking: It's thanks to you, Jin Bubaigawara. When I heard that you had overcome your trauma I knew you had changed from just a little villain to the person I should be most cautious about)

Hawks thinking: I knew you were a good person.

Hawks remembers when he was teaching him about the Liberation Front's ideals on a whiteboard. Twice asked "Why do you know about the Liberation Front?" and Hawks tells him "I want to fly freely. That place (probably means as a hero) isn't where I belong." See Hawks look lonely, Twice says he wants to introduce him to Shigaraki soon.

We then return to present time (end of March) Hawks Thinking: (You are) Twice: Anyone who tries to help their friends isn't a bad guy. Hawks Thinking: (A good person which means...) Twice: Let's fly however we want together!

(please feel free to correct!!!)

On the day of the mission: Burnin' points at the city below them, and tells the interns from U.A. "We're going to follow from behind and help with evacuation." The U.A. students are all together and we see on their faces how they all feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.