• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
There's a double page spread of Endeavor leading an army of literally all the Pro Heroes we've seen throughout the story, including the UA teachers

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some folks on Twitter are starting to talk about MAPPA being confirmed studio for Jujutsu Kaisen, presumably from the leaked SJ issue, and that's a thing Yonkou said a while ago, before Jump Festa (and the wrong info that spread around that time).
So...

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Beware I'm going nuts over the leaked pics here-

HOOOOOLY SHIT I JUST SAW THE LEAKED PICS. VILLANS LOOKING MAD FRESH ROLLING UP DROPPING BODIES. HEROES ON POINT BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GETEN AND DABI ON THE SAME SQUAD

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah, this is the Marineford,Battle of Beacon,Sasuke Retrival Arc of My Hero Academia for sure and i don't think we are going back to school

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Some folks on Twitter are starting to talk about MAPPA being confirmed studio for Jujutsu Kaisen, presumably from the leaked SJ issue, and that's a thing Yonkou said a while ago, before Jump Festa (and the wrong info that spread around that time).
So...
Iirc he wasnt the first one to say that

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Shoto and Endeavor vs Dabi/Geten. Dabi for sure is going to target Endeavor and Shoto is icing on the cake /spoiler]

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Iirc he wasnt the first one to say that
That it was MAPPA? Fairly sure he was. It's only started to be said by others today but he said it a while ago. Then elsewhere it was said to be TMS and folks started hounding him then that turned out to be wrong.
He said it was MAPPA weeks before even the name of the Director was out at Jump Festa. Director has worked with the studio before, like on Garo: Vanishing Line, so that maybe where you heard some say it might be MAPPA.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Since this chapter is the start of the new arc, do you think we should change the OT title?

Holy Fuck 4-5 High Ends...they are fuckkkkkkkked

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Vigilante 70
Well it's now all coming together, great twist and now I'm really looking forward to how this final arc wraps up

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Yeah this is going to go places. I guess we are gonna see the lead up to the present with flashbacks to the PLF burning cities and working towards an organized front that will culminate in Kamino City or close by. Any doubts of this not leading to the departure of the school setting I'm have finally cleared up for me, this is gonna lead up to a new era for the manga.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vigilante 70

Wow, I'm shocked. The recently introduced side character who is trying to get involved with Pop was bad this entire time. :O

In all seriousness, I saw that coming, but I forgot about Knuckleduster's first apprentice, so I didn't put two and two together.

Also, calm down Pop. Way to overreact at the end, though considering her age, I guess it makes sense. Still not feeling this romantic subplot though.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Seems like they are going to do the Pro Hero Arc this season after all...

Also

EPHcibkX4AUiuod

EPHcimVXkAA0THS

EPHatXNWkAEiDbN

ZC.png

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is probably the best MHA opening so far. Best arc gets best opening. Very fun and colorful, some nice layouts, synced to the music well, pretty nice animation in spots.

Also like that they are not showing much of Gentle and La Brava at all

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Next chapter spoilers

The way Hawks keeps talking about Twice being a good guy is interesting to me. Are they setting up some kind of heel face turn for him?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
So they're really set on doing the Pro Hero Arc...

Also I know it's not fair to compare the anime to the manga considering how better and better Hori's art is getting but this....isnt good:

latest

YxAbRPf.png

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the character art is fine. The trees look like trash but the MHA anime has always had bad backgrounds since its inception.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
So they're really set on doing the Pro Hero Arc...

Also I know it's not fair to compare the anime to the manga considering how better and better Hori's art is getting but this....isnt good:

latest

YxAbRPf.png
I thought it was totally fine, I'm more alarmed by his hair color, haha.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Hope it gets the animation it deserves like Deku vs Bakugou
You know what, I take it back. I don't think they're gonna cover it. Not only did this episode only cover 2 chapters, but the OP and ED barely hint at the Pro Heroes arc. Normally, you'd get a proper peek at the arcs covered. Instead, we got Endeavor's arm in his win pose in the OP, and Hawks and Natsuo in the ED. If they also stuck with 2 chapters an episode, we'd just end at the billboard charts.

On the other hand... It might be more accurate to look at the volumes covered instead of chapters, given the latter's flunctuating page count. Ignoring the first episode, we have 24 this season. In 13 episodes, the anime covered half of volume 14, all of 15, 16, and 17, as well as a bit of 18. That's about four volumes' worth. If the remaining 11 episodes covers even 3 volumes, we'd arriveat volume 21 which goes well beyond the Pro Heroes arc since it starts with the last two or so chapters of said arc.

Nah, they'll probably just stretch this current arc to fill the 11 episodes. I mean, they added a bunch of scenes this episode and even used flashbacks to fill up time, lol.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how people went from being confident Pro Hero would be adapted this season to now dreading the thought lol

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how people went from being confident Pro Hero would be adapted this season to now dreading the thought lol
I think my biggest concern isn't whether they'll rush through it now but how that's going to affect the next season in the event that they do. If they do Pro Hero Arc now that's kinda going to make the next season a really protracted one. The last chapter in the manga was a perfect "cliffhanger" moment to end a season on but if Pro Hero arc is done now then I worry the pacing is gonna be all fucked since Pro Hero Arc would ideally cover a third or half of the first cour; so you have Pro Hero + Joint Training in the first outing, then MVA + Endeavor in the second half.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like the song for the ED a lot, as well as how it shows pictures from various characters' school days (reminiscent of Gintama ED4 which I like a lot as well). Love that it shows Gentle as well.
Showing all the extras at once as they go to sleep was a bit much though, felt weird. Otherwise I like all of it.

The All Might transformation in the OP is really nice.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the character art is fine. The trees look like trash but the MHA anime has always had bad backgrounds since its inception.
I think the character art there is fine, I don't like it as much as the manga art but I can get it being hard to pull off that shading in color. At least when the scene is in broad daylight.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the lie that is La Brava will continue to be perpetuated, or if Love Lover will finally be accepted.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also really weird they showed Toga's past in the ending. Also Fat Gum went to Shiketsu?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
1579972545531.png

ED reveals Deku collects All Might Funko Pops, going to have to rank him lower after finding this out

Status
Not open for further replies.