• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Image leaks are out.
Toga about to go sicko mode
"Chitose Kizuki

Liberation Code: Curious

Meta Ability: Landmine (Trigger)

She can turn things she touches into a detonator, it doesn't do a lot of damage but she covers for that with overwhelming numbers

Killer Queen has already touched that knife
chitose_kizuki.png

take-aim.jpg

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Some spoiler details
League got separated

Destro believes the the league of villains don't have any more Nomu because AFO is in jail, also he doesn't know about Giganto

Toga is 17 and ran away from home after graduating, she's the oldest daughter of her family, and her parents are still alive and looking for her, it also says she didn't turn all stabby until recently

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Check it out!

Though it'll probably be a little bit before Viz bridges the gap on the chapters they're missing (so you'll have to rely on fan translations for those).

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Some spoiler details
League got separated

Destro believes the the league of villains don't have any more Nomu because AFO is in jail, also he doesn't know about Giganto

Toga is 17 and ran away from home after graduating, she's the oldest daughter of her family, and her parents are still alive and looking for her, it also says she didn't turn all stabby until recently

after graduating? I thought she would have to be 18 to graduate, like Mirio is now. M
Either way, that's really interesting.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
1555642157147.jpg

So Toga possibly already knew Deku, also Toga is fighting a large group of people in this chapter, Kizuki even ask why does she have assassin like skills

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
1555642157147.jpg

So Toga possibly already knew Deku, also Toga is fighting a large group of people in this chapter, Kizuki even ask why does she have assassin like skills

I have a ton of questions now. That just has to be someone who kind of looks like Deku right? I guess we will get the full chapter soon.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
In the new SJ issue Horikoshi recommend Jujutsu Kaisen
I've been considering checking out that series for a while now, I guess it's time I get started. Good thing I'm still subbed to Shonen Jump right now.
1555642157147.jpg

Gonna go ahead and guess that isn't Deku but someone who just happens to look a lot like him because this would be 15 year old Toga, which means Deku would be 13 at the time, and this guy doesn't look younger than Deku does right now. Plus, this person doesn't look timid and shy at all.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It is so exciting to see Toga fighting in a situation like this. Makes me hope this arc will last quite a while just so we can see the League members fighting in various situations.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Damn Redestro looks better bald lol.

Really cool chapter and I'm glad that Toga's fight isn't a one and done thing.
Kizuki being a reporter that wants a scoop is an interesting angle. It once again plays into Hori's fascination with media, as both a theme and a plot-point.

Since the league is all split up at this point, I'm guessing that Spinner's going to have some alone time with Shigaraki and Redestro, or just Redestro. A big decision where he'll either leave the league or 100% commit to the shiggy train.

The new info we've received has really changed how I see the LoV. I used to think that Shigaraki was almost a Decade older than Toga. Turns out it's only 3.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Besides the obvious JoJo reference, I couldn't help but think of it.
Wg5msHD.png

WuHl8Kj.png

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Redestro's comment about the League being nothing more than a group of delinquents without their Nomu felt like a bit of a meta callout, which leads me to believe this is going to be the arc that will prove that idea wrong. I'm most curious about how Spinner will handle things on his side since we haven't seen him ever display any quirk ability of sorts before.

That aside, this is yet another fight I am excited to see animated.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Good chapter, the translation seemed pretty poor in a few places so I'll look forward to Viz's translation, still don't know what Spinners quirk is though (maybe one day....).

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The League members don't seem to have been separated, I think it's only Toga and maybe Spinner. In that chaotic panel in page 3, we can see Dabi, Twice, and Compress all close to each other while Shigaraki is a bit farther away.
Though like I said above, keep in mind they're missing 30+ chapters.
Oh, that's a shame but it's better than Kimetsu no Yaiba's situation, at least. They're missing nearly a hundred chapters, I think? Since they're still translating it per volume, on top of the weekly releases.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Just here and there, particularly during Redestro is talking to Giro about the league, the wording was a bit off, not a big deal though.
Check the other translation as well (unless you already have).
Oh, that's a shame but it's better than Kimetsu no Yaiba's situation, at least. They're missing nearly a hundred chapters, I think? Since they're still translating it per volume, on top of the weekly releases.
Yup, same situation. I thought they were going to try to catch up, but it looks like they're waiting until the release of the volumes.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1555642157147.jpg

Yeah, that's most likely not Deku.

1. No freckles (could be an error though)
2. Deku never wore a uniform like that (middle school was your standard button down jacket, UA uniform is a blazer, but Deku wears his tie differently)
3. Ages don't match up (Deku is 15, Toga 17, if they were at the same middle school, it would be different grades at least)

So that's most likely not Deku, or we're about to learn that Deku went to another middle school at some point before transferring to the one we see him at in chapter 1.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoyed how brutal the fight is going, I hope Toga can still fight after this since if would be a shame if this was her only contribution to the arc, also I really worried about Toga's backstory, I don't want it to be that she was just crazy from the beginning because that would be weak, there has to be some factor that made her this way, also even Kizuki comments that her skills aren't of a simple murderer

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Cool chapter. Guessing we will get even more background from the next one.

Also as far as Spinner goes I've had the feeling that he's quirkless for the longest time. I could almost see Destro saying something about "live free and use your quirk without hesitation" just for Spinner to drop the bombshell that he doesn't have one.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Cool chapter. Guessing we will get even more background from the next one.

Also as far as Spinner goes I've had the feeling that he's quirkless for the longest time. I could almost see Destro saying something about "live free and use your quirk without hesitation" just for Spinner to drop the bombshell that he doesn't have one.

Would explain why we haven't seen any hints as to what his potential quirk may be, while getting Togas backstory is awesome Spinners if anything would be the big one to find out about because it would shed a lot of light on how people with physical mutations are treated in quirk society, and also potentially how broad the mutation aspect is, like can you inherit the physical aspects of a quirk but not the actual quirk itself?

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Its possible it's not the case, but the flashback panels seem to lean pretty heavily towards Toga being crazy from the start and she was just hiding it until one day she snapped. Kind of like Meguro in Kengan Ashura. Also, while I guess that's not Deku in the flashback, it sure looks just like him.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Its possible it's not the case, but the flashback panels seem to lean pretty heavily towards Toga being crazy from the start and she was just hiding it until one day she snapped. Kind of like Meguro in Kengan Ashura. Also, while I guess that's not Deku in the flashback, it sure looks just like him.

Maybe she has a type.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
  • Destro is mostly right about the nom situation but his logic is on point that they don't have Nomu that they can spam anymore when ever they need it he just doesn't know about the doctor. It's probably why he waited till now to attack when Dabi basically confirmed they can't rely on Nomu anymore
  • So really the whole arc is Dabi fault
  • Oh so the fodder they're facing aren't actually fodder I mean compare to the league because the league are the main villains obviously but they're not useless
  • It's why I'm hoping the league either takes over the army and has become an actual organization now and creates convenient villains of the weak or that the army survives somehow and they become another dangerous antagonist
  • Hiro is a comic fan he should know about the heroes having a Rogue gallery
  • Who's the girl that Kizuki is petting lol
  • 20190419_200640rhjb0.png
  • So Toga was a middle school student that went missing and somehow came back a ninja. I mean we already know that she's a ninja for some serial killer but at least there's going to be a reason for it
  • So was she always crazy and was just really good at hiding it. Kizuki also called her a doll
  • Considering we know she wants to live freely and some choice imagery here
  • You would notice her face or "mask" starts to break a bit when she sees "Deku2"
  • 20190419_201041b9kba.png
  • Then when it finally broke up and you see the knife with blood
  • 20190419_201120zajhf.png
  • Did she kill her Deku or something. Did she have a shitty, repressive or not very fulfilling life before hand and felt free after trying to become the more assertive Deku2 who was living freely or something
  • I like kizuki
  • Killer Queen has already touched that knife

chitose_kizuki.png

take-aim.jpg

It's probably just her doing a camera and it being a happy coincidence

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, that's most likely not Deku.

1. No freckles (could be an error though)
2. Deku never wore a uniform like that (middle school was your standard button down jacket, UA uniform is a blazer, but Deku wears his tie differently)
3. Ages don't match up (Deku is 15, Toga 17, if they were at the same middle school, it would be different grades at least)

So that's most likely not Deku, or we're about to learn that Deku went to another middle school at some point before transferring to the one we see him at in chapter 1.
1555667740288.png

So I'm now guessing Deku's dad got around a lot, it would explain why there's many Deku clones running around

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Wild curly hair in men then.

Actually what's odd about Kizuki and Uraraka, is that she "loves" them, but never has seen them bashed and bloodied like she has with Stain, Deku, and Deku2.
Also Tsu I forgot Tsu she did cut her tongue

I honestly don't think the blood is the only requirement probably their "passion" that the two Dekus and stain has.

Or she finds different things sexy in men and women

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Also as far as Spinner goes I've had the feeling that he's quirkless for the longest time.
Hmm. That would explain why we've never seen him use any ability before and rely on swords instead, though the latter is also easily explained with Stain inspiring him. It would be interesting if that were the case, since that would mean it's possible to get the physical mutation only but none of the other things that ought to come with it. It would be as if Tsuyu gained the frog-like physiology, but isn't able to stretch her tongue, create acid, etc. All she'd have would be the exterior qualities, such as her eyes, lips, and hands.

I can't place a guess between being quirkless or not but I'd be interested either ways.
It's why I'm hoping the league either takes over the army and has become an actual organization now and creates convenient villains of the weak or that the army survives somehow and they become another dangerous antagonist
I wouldn't want the former to happen because I prefer this smaller, focused group for the League. That, as well as the fact that it would be boring if the only lasting antagonists are all from the same group. As you said, having a rogues gallery would be better.
I just figure she superimposes people she's currently interested in over other people she was or is interested in.
That's... possible, but I think the figure looks different enough from Deku to not be her placing his image onto a past crush. Given Toga's ability to transform into people, I doubt she's likely to forget certain characteristics or features of a person either.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. That would explain why we've never seen him use any ability before and rely on swords instead, though the latter is also easily explained with Stain inspiring him. It would be interesting if that were the case, since that would mean it's possible to get the physical mutation only but none of the other things that ought to come with it. It would be as if Tsuyu gained the frog-like physiology, but isn't able to stretch her tongue, create acid, etc. All she'd have would be the exterior qualities, such as her eyes, lips, and hands.

I can't place a guess between being quirkless or not but I'd be interested either ways.

I wouldn't want the former to happen because I prefer this smaller, focused group for the League. That, as well as the fact that it would be boring if the only lasting antagonists are all from the same group. As you said, having a rogues gallery would be better.

That's... possible, but I think the figure looks different enough from Deku to not be her placing his image onto a past crush. Given Toga's ability to transform into people, I doubt she's likely to forget certain characteristics or features of a person either.

I think the best example is Tokoyami. He's a bird guy but his quirk isn't really related to being a bird. I'm pretty sure the quirk can be separated from looks and mutations.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Chapter was awesome really exciting to see how toga was before she snapped also I am totally cally Kizuki killer queen now, that exploding blood was genius

Status
Not open for further replies.