• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Same here. I guess for casual fans it really doesnt spoil much, but for people that watch 3/4 times it is very easy to notice things like shigaraki's hands, the doctor, or the guys that every manga fan is freaking out about.
I can't even talk about Hawks in the anime thread. My blazing passion for the character is only going to lead to hype, and then profound sadness lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The pacing for these last two chapters feels so off. Actually I'm not even sure what this arc is even building towards in the here and now given that Shiggy's evolution is 4 months from now. Unless we're doing a timeskip, which I suppose feels increasingly likely after this chapter.

Not sure how I'd feel about a timeskip if that is the case, even if I'm really not in the mood for more training either.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
bold move

I get to see some season 5 shit animated early so no complaints here

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, the pacing is a little wonky, but interested to see how things play out. And cool to see Shoji with Gang Orca.

Holy shit I legit didn't even notice that until you said something.

That is soooooooo bad lol
More oof from the one-shot color page. Just par for the course, though.
M6W30pb.png

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so excited for the movie. It might just get a generic story like I expect, but I suspect all the Wonder Duo moments are gonna be enough to make me really enjoy it. I already love the little bits we got in the trailer. It also doesn't hurt that I'm intrigued to learn more about Nine and Shigaraki's role in the movie. Plus: Hawks!

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I think the final two spreads of this chapter was Hori echoing the ending montage of the USj arc/season one.
There isn't a great copy of it on YouTube but I'm sure guys can remember.
AM-Deku.png

Back then, it was a positive moment after the student's first encounter with the forces of evil. This time, the future seems much more ambigous. The kid's are training well but there are ominous signs on the horizon. In addition to ushering in a timeskip, I think it's plausible that this chapter could be planned as the finale of season 5.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
If there was a timeskip, wouldn't Hori have mentioned it?

I think he's mentioned in the past we've covered most of the school stuff, but even if he hadn't the story needs a bit of a shake up pacing wise, we can't keep continuing to follow the students week in week out otherwise everything will just progress at a snails pace.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If there was a timeskip, wouldn't Hori have mentioned it?
It would be 4 month timeskip, which is actually nothing compared to most shonen.

And yeah, I got "timeskip" vibes from this chapter too, though the only thing that makes me think otherwise is that Shinsou was supposed to join in the next two months or so, which a timeskip would skip.

So, part of me wants there to be an arc in between this big Hero vs Villain battle where the traitor is revealed, and Shinsou takes their place.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I see Shiggys hair now white? It looks a lot lighter than before, I'll be really happy if they changed it as I always hated the washed out blue they used in the anime.
Nah, it's still the blue-ish thing. You can see it if you look closer to the left side. The lighting just makes it look whiter.

Oct 17, 2018
This is shaping up to potentially be the best arc so far. Also sad All Might in the last big panel is worrying, he's obviously not gonna be around much longer.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nice chapter, excited to see how things will develop with these teams
The pacing for these last two chapters feels so off. Actually I'm not even sure what this arc is even building towards in the here and now given that Shiggy's evolution is 4 months from now. Unless we're doing a timeskip, which I suppose feels increasingly likely after this chapter.

Not sure how I'd feel about a timeskip if that is the case, even if I'm really not in the mood for more training either.
How exactly is the pacing off? It is a set up chapter I dont get it. Also because it is a set up chapter I dunno why you expect to know everything about what the arc will be already.
So is a four month timeskip likely?
I dont think it makes sense to tease a deku+bakugo+todoroki team up and then just skip it. I think the timeskip will come after the whatever shit Shigaraki pulls off after 4 months have passed.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Damn, that chapter was foreboding as hell.

I'm really excited to see where this arc goes, I really like how it focused on the growth of all of the students instead of just Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki.

And lol at the movie being practically up to date with the manga. I was hoping to see it with my buddy when it comes overseas, but he's anime-only so I dunno what to do lol.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure everyone so sure about the 4 month timeskip, the graduation is in three months and this chapter felt more like they were setting up a training arc with Endeavor

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Subbed version

The villain has nine quirks and ability to steal quirks, this is probably most likely due to Ujiko experiments so this probably also spoils Shigaraki's power up

One For All quirk clone, I bet you guys anything that's what Nine has. Shigaraki likely has a form of this in the hands he collects, each hand from here on out will allow him to use a different quirk through the DNA in the hand coming into contact with his face or something batshit insane like that.
This feels like a Timeskip is coming
Yeah it does. More then just the 4 months some are speculating. Nabu Island feels like the HA secretly relocating the kids before the villains overrun Japan, and they likely aren't the only relocated students or Heroes. I can see them staying on the island for a few years reforming society and whatnot before resurfacing in the mainland.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
One thing you also see in the chapter is Shikestu students interning with meatboy's father(who in the databook is said to work at Tartarus) so expect them to play a part during the Prison break

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One For All quirk clone, I bet you guys anything that's what Nine has. Shigaraki likely has a form of this in the hands he collects, each hand from here on out will allow him to use a different quirk through the DNA in the hand coming into contact with his face or something batshit insane like that.

Yeah it does. More then just the 4 months some are speculating. Nabu Island feels like the HA secretly relocating the kids before the villains overrun Japan, and they likely aren't the only relocated students or Heroes. I can see them staying on the island for a few years reforming society and whatnot before resurfacing in the mainland.
It makes no sense to skip the thing that will make the hero society fall, if there is a timeskip it will 4 months tops
Yep I guess so, but they're still going to need to break AFO out
For what reason tho? Shigaraki is the new AFO

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
You mean tartarus
And still not sold on this prison break thing
Hori is sending the literal B Squad to the maximum security facility where the main Big Bad is being held. The writing is the wall, the villains need to be shown as this powerful force without the main heroes losing, so the cannon fodder is going in to get their asses kicked 7 ways to sunday.
It makes no sense to skip the thing that will make the hero society fall, if there is a timeskip it will 4 months tops
The timeskip will come after the fall of the hero society, I am pretty sure that is what we saw there with the city being blacked out.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
0a8612b107148a04e42467285433c36c.gif

(Shiggy about to get that Dr. Light upgrade)

Shigaraki's new look is such an upgrade man, it's gonna be tough looking at his old design in the anime. Decent chapter, though it was all set up. Shiggy going under for 4 months, Endeavor learning to be on the lookout for more of Hawks messages, and Endeavor taking the training of the trio serious. At this point we just have to wait and see how things play out.

It was nice getting a glimpse of everyone doing their internships. I want to say there were some new faces there though I could be mistaken.

Destro continues to disappoint me.

We will skip ahead next issue? See more of their internships! Find out next time on My Hero Academia!
Not sure everyone so sure about the 4 month timeskip, the graduation is in three months and this chapter felt more like they were setting up a training arc with Endeavor
I could mayyybe see Hori skipping 4 months to show us what Shigaraki's plan is, but I wouldn't really call that a timeskip, not in the major sense. Plus you're right in that we would miss certain things like graduation and who knows what else.

Beyond that, I don't think the fall of Hero society is as close as some of you do. I mean, we haven't even seen Shinsou join the Hero course yet and you guys want to take them out of U.A. as soon as he is coming in???

A real timeskip is still a ways away

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hori is sending the literal B Squad to the maximum security facility where the main Big Bad is being held. The writing is the wall, the villains need to be shown as this powerful force without the main heroes losing, so the cannon fodder is going in to get their asses kicked 7 ways to sunday.
Only the shinketsu students are going there, and it is probably because one of their dads work there.

The timeskip will come after the fall of the hero society, I am pretty sure that is what we saw there with the city being blacked out.
Well that is another story, they way you worded it seemed like it would skip the next 5 months
A real timeskip is still a ways away
I still think when the real timeskip comes the name of the manga will change.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
All of that build up for just a 4 month time skip is a bit...much. I guess the intention was to moreso signal the potential end of the current status quo or setting, but still. At least give us 6 months. A whole half a year.

That being said, some interesting stuff to look forward too.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All of that build up for just a 4 month time skip is a bit...much. I guess the intention was to moreso signal the potential end of the current status quo or setting, but still. At least give us 6 months. A whole half a year.

That being said, some interesting stuff to look forward too.
The timeskip isnt confirmed, it is just fan speculation

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Skip three months and then build up to the big throw down through that last month. All might dies. Endeavor gets btfo. Hawks goes full emo over his failures. Start mha shippuden.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Teams that I was able to recognize
  • Endeavor, Izuku, Bakugou, and Todoroki
  • Fatgum, Kirishima, Tetsutetsu tetsutetsu, and Tamaki
  • Ryukuyu, Ochako, Tsuyu, and Nejire
  • Edgeshot, Kamino Woods, Mount Lady, Kaminari, Sero, Mineta, and Ibara
  • Manual and Iida
  • Mina, Aoyama, and Hagakure
  • Momo and Tokage
  • Wash, Koda, and Manga
  • Monoma and Pony
  • Shishido from Oumagadoki, Ojiro, Satou, Jurota, and Shouda
  • Gang Orca, Jirou, and Shouji
  • Inasa, Camie, and Seiji
  • Awase and Hiryu
  • Kendou and Reiko
  • Kamakiri, Kaibara, and Tsuburaba
  • Kuroiro and Kinoko
  • Honekuni and Yui
  • Shindou and Tatami
The rest was alone or with a character that wasnt named yet

Ebnas

May 15, 2019
Shigaraki is getting his body modified to handle multiple quirks throughout this 'timeskip', and it will culminate in the prison break where they will free AfO- or at least, Shiggy will ask/demand AfO to transfer over his Quirk. In the process, they will free a massive wave of dangerous villains, including Kurogiri who was saw in Tartarus in the last page- and begin the 'darkness'.

Very nice.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well, with Gigantomachia and Nine we know that is possible to make people hold multiple quirks without become noumus. My guess is that the doctor will make the same process with Shigaraki that he did with the other 2.
Also in this chapter we have the confirmation that AFO's body isnt able to contain the power that doctor was speaking of, maybe that is why he nurtured shigaraki, to get what he couldnt: A power to surpass Metal Gear One For All

Status
Not open for further replies.