• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Who are your favorite characters in the series btw? I'd say:
Todoroki
Kirishima
Nejire
Deku
Kaminari/Iida
Yaoyorozu
Mirio/Tamaki
Tokoyami/Shoji
Ashido/Uraraka
EdgeShot/Hawks
Gang Orca

Villains:
Dabi
Overhaul
All For One
Shigaraki
Twice/Toga
Geten

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Favorite heroes

Edgeshot
Endeavor
Nejire
Deku
Todoroki
Mirio
Bakugo

Favorite villains

Dabi
Twice
Mr. Compress
Overhaul

All the other villains in the whole series I am meh on to be honest.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Top 5 favorite hero characters

Bakugo
Kaminari
Midoriya
All Might
Tokoyami

Top 5 favorite villain characters

All For One
Stain
Overhaul
Twice
Muscular

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
It's hard for to make a list like this. I feel like any character I like can stagnate and characters I was once uninterested in can gain new depth, so it's always fluctuating.

On a design/mannerisms level, ReDestro is probably my favorite villain though.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Favorite Heroes
Deku
Shouto
Endeavor
Hawks
All Might
Tokoyami
Iida

Favorite Villains
Toga
Shigaraki
Twice
ReDestro
Gentle and La Brava
Spinner
Mr. Compress

All in that order with Toga being my over all favorite

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Kirishma
Bakugou
Mirio
Deku
Ochako

Vs

Stain
AfO
Shiggy
Gentle
O'Clock (from the spinoff)

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All Might
Deku
Kirishima
Tsuyu
Mirio
The order changes based on my mood but I am confortable in putting All Might on first
After these I really like Todoroki, Jiro, Tamaki, Fat Gum, Kendo, Kinoko, Setsuna, Mina, Aizawa, Tokoyami, Kuroiro, Tetsu4 and Shoji, with Shoji being the most underrated character for me.
For villains I like
Gentle
Twice
La Brava
Mr Compress
In this exact order
They're cool. Eri feels more like a plot device than a character though. The Christmas chapter helped at least.
I really can't see why people think that when Horikoshi did so much to flesh her, also you have to remember that she is very young, she just wont have much to contribute in serious moments.
Compared to other younger girls that I see in other manga I think she is the best one yet, mainly because she feels like a kid and notjust a non character that is just there to be cute and motivate the protagonists.

Last edited:

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
So remember when Naruto gave us a cover parallelling the Ame Trio with Team 7
d091d61552cb05e202b612292b4e5bef.jpg

I was wondering, you think we might get a cover of the old and new big 3 maybe? I'd like to see that
Oh my Gaara. You just hit me with a wave of nostalgia. This was peak Naruto for me.
Who are your favorite characters in the series btw? I'd say:
Todoroki
Kirishima
Nejire
Deku
Kaminari/Iida
Yaoyorozu
Mirio/Tamaki
Tokoyami/Shoji
Ashido/Uraraka
EdgeShot/Hawks
Gang Orca

Villains:
Dabi
Overhaul
All For One
Shigaraki
Twice/Toga
Geten
In no particular order outside of the top 3
1.Bakugo
2.Mirio
3.Hawks

Kirishima
Deku
Mina
Uraraka
Momo
Shoto
Kamui Woods
All Might
Twice
Toga
Camie

Oh, and
1.Stain
2.Stain
3.Stain
4.Stain
5.Stain

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm away for a week in Japan and I come back to the OT becoming a list thread. Shame... Anyway, I'm back! Was at Tokyo with the family, our first time, and had a lot of fun and bought quite a few MHA goodies:

EKPBmZUUYAAL295

• TodoMomo "Tsum Tsums"
  • Tsuyu button pin (capsule gacha)
  • TodoMomo clear files
  • MHA tote bag
  • Momo birthday canned badge
  • Bakugo canned badge
  • MHA playing cards
  • TodoMomo acrylic stands
  • MHA: Ultra Analysis
  • Banpresto Figure Colosseum series Todoroki figurine
A pretty dang good haul for my first time in Japan, I think. Nearly 2/3 of what I bought are of a certain pair of characters. Hah. 😛

An amusing little thing about that Bakugo badge at the far right is that it's one of those gacha-type things where you don't know what you'll get is that it's an entire Bakugo gacha. Like, an entire Bakugo canned badge collection. Just Bakugo. Sure there's a Deku one too but he's the protagonist so that's pretty normal. Just something I found really amusing.

Most happy about the little TodoMomo Tsum Tsums which were the most expensive, lol. They were the first anime-anything I got too. The price tag hurt but zero hesitation. The acrylics are really cool! The first acrylic stands I've ever gotten and I didn't expect to find them. My brother bought one of Bakugo so that's my top three favorites right there in acrylic stand form. The clear files are really cool too not only because of the high quality but because I picked up what I thought was just a Momo clear file and found out that it came with a Todoroki clearfile packaged together. They're sold as a single item. Super cute.

Now that that's out of the way: Pretty freaking cool chapter! The action was a bit hard for me to follow so I had to reread it a few times. It's really exciting and I hope it won't be too long before we get to see it animated because I can only imagine how glorious it'll look in motion seeing the trio perform the things Endeavor tasked them with so perfectly. Of course, the one I want to see the most was what I believe is Shoto's equivalent of Flashfire Fist. But really, all three moments were dope as hell. Deku's New Hampshire Smash-like use of Air Force and Spider-Man-like use of Black Whip was wonderful, and seeing Bakugo condense his explosion to catapult himself towards Natsuo and quickly turn around in the process was amazing. I'm also pretty interested in seeing Ending's quirk in action as it looks very cool too.

Now we wait for what happens between Natsuo and Endeavor. I'm excited to see it but also cautious because I can easily see this going well or poorly. Hopefully, Natsuo doesn't suddenly forgive Endeavor or whatever. I highly doubt it'll happen, but the possibility is still there and with such a sensitive part of the story, I'm more anxious of what could happen.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
For people having problems following the action I really recommend the manga+ version, not only it is the official version, it has by far the best quality.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I'm away for a week in Japan and I come back to the OT becoming a list thread. Shame... Anyway, I'm back! Was at Tokyo with the family, our first time, and had a lot of fun and bought quite a few MHA goodies:

EKPBmZUUYAAL295

• TodoMomo "Tsum Tsums"
  • TodoMomo clear files
  • MHA tote bag
  • Bakugo canned badge
  • MHA playing cards
A pretty dang good haul for my first time in Japan, I think. Nearly 2/3 of what I bought are of a certain pair of characters. Hah. 😛

An amusing little thing about that Bakugo badge at the far right is that it's one of those gacha-type things where you don't know what you'll get is that it's an entire Bakugo gacha. Like, an entire Bakugo canned badge collection. Just Bakugo. Sure there's a Deku one too but he's the protagonist so that's pretty normal. Just something I found really amusing.

Most happy about the little TodoMomo Tsum Tsums which were the most expensive, lol. They were the first anime-anything I got too. The price tag hurt but zero hesitation. The acrylics are really cool! The first acrylic stands I've ever gotten and I didn't expect to find them. My brother bought one of Bakugo so that's my top three favorites right there in acrylic stand form. The clear files are really cool too not only because of the high quality but because I picked up what I thought was just a Momo clear file and found out that it came with a Todoroki clearfile packaged together. They're sold as a single item. Super cute.

Now that that's out of the way: Pretty freaking cool chapter! The action was a bit hard for me to follow so I had to reread it a few times. It's really exciting and I hope it won't be too long before we get to see it animated because I can only imagine how glorious it'll look in motion seeing the trio perform the things Endeavor tasked them with so perfectly. Of course, the one I want to see the most was what I believe is Shoto's equivalent of Flashfire Fist. But really, all three moments were dope as hell. Deku's New Hampshire Smash-like use of Air Force and Spider-Man-like use of Black Whip was wonderful, and seeing Bakugo condense his explosion to catapult himself towards Natsuo and quickly turn around in the process was amazing. I'm also pretty interested in seeing Ending's quirk in action as it looks very cool too.

Now we wait for what happens between Natsuo and Endeavor. I'm excited to see it but also cautious because I can easily see this going well or poorly. Hopefully, Natsuo doesn't suddenly forgive Endeavor or whatever. I highly doubt it'll happen, but the possibility is still there and with such a sensitive part of the story, I'm more anxious of what could happen.
If you have the ultra analysis, you can read japanese? neat

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

EKPBmZUUYAAL295

• TodoMomo "Tsum Tsums"
  • TodoMomo clear files
  • MHA tote bag
  • Bakugo canned badge
  • MHA playing cards

That's awesome! Glad you had fun!

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

EKPBmZUUYAAL295

• TodoMomo "Tsum Tsums"
  • TodoMomo clear files
  • MHA tote bag
  • Bakugo canned badge
  • MHA playing cards

I was getting worried about you haha. Glad you had a good time bro!!! How much TodoMomo stuff do you have? Lol

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The world is lucky Momo is a kind hearted hero.

Imagine if she was a villain and just started printing money and forming gold bars. She could financially rule the underworld.
Hmm, that's a neat idea. Maybe her parents or someone in her family has a similar quirk and that's the true source of their wealth. Unbeknownst to Momo.

Would make a nice mini-arc if she had to take that person down. Gain some more confidence by defying her family and potentially becoming penniless as a result

I take checks and all major credit cards, Hori

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hmm, that's a neat idea. Maybe her parents or someone in her family has a similar quirk and that's the true source of their wealth. Unbeknownst to Momo.

Would make a nice mini-arc if she had to take that person down. Gain some more confidence by defying her family and potentially becoming penniless as a result

Oh wow I never thought of that before that would be an amazing story arc.

I am still hoping that deku's Dad is a secret villain story arc is still going to happen.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Seriously, what is up with the Dad??
I have no idea, but it's so weird and out of place that the dad is specifically mentioned to be alive and we even learn his Quirk. Yet he is never mentioned again by anyone. Not even Deku or his mom. I mean if it wasn't for him being mentioned it just the one time we would not even know that he exists. That feels deliberate.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I have no idea, but it's so weird and out of place that the dad is specifically mentioned to be alive and we even learn his Quirk. Yet he is never mentioned again by anyone. Not even Deku or his mom. I mean if it wasn't for him being mentioned it just the one time we would not even know that he exists. That feels deliberate.

If I had to guess, little things like Deku not knowing how to do his tie properly, to him texting his mom and AM that he passed his provisional exam (but not his dad) suggest that he has a pretty shitty relationship with his dad, quite what Hori plans to do that I have no idea.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
If you have the ultra analysis, you can read japanese? neat
A bit. Still studying and still bad at it, lol. Hopefully Ultra Analysis will be a good reading material to practice on.
That's awesome! Glad you had fun!
Thanks!
I was getting worried about you haha. Glad you had a good time bro!!! How much TodoMomo stuff do you have? Lol
How much does he have?

Answer: Yes.
Coyote has the correct answer.

On top of these, I have two doujins and the TodoMomo zine. That's about it, I guess? I've got these two fan-made acrylic charms of Shoto and Momo too, though they're separate and not actually a TodoMomo thing but I count it as one anyway, lol.

So... 8.

Not enough. Lmao.
I think Deku's Dad is like Jotaro's dad and we'll just never see him
Pfft. Until we see a dad I will assume Jotaro was born Anakin-style.

This is actually an idea Momo fans have considered quite a bit. It would be interesting for sure, and I'd be pretty happy with it since it would mean her finally having a backstory...

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
A bit. Still studying and still bad at it, lol. Hopefully Ultra Analysis will be a good reading material to practice on.

Thanks!

Coyote has the correct answer.

On top of these, I have two doujins and the TodoMomo zine. That's about it, I guess? I've got these two fan-made acrylic charms of Shoto and Momo too, though they're separate and not actually a TodoMomo thing but I count it as one anyway, lol.

So... 8.

Not enough. Lmao.

Pfft. Until we see a dad I will assume Jotaro was born Anakin-style.

This is actually an idea Momo fans have considered quite a bit. It would be interesting for sure, and I'd be pretty happy with it since it would mean her finally having a backstory...
Maybe her family could be part of the MLA. If there's any character in high places that match Momo's looks, it's this guy:
933hanabata-e1561562671347.png

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Making some family members of the students be part of the MLA is an interesting twist

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So MHA had yet another year where it sold over 5M, this time without anime boosts and with one volume less. That is the 4th year in a row btw. With the 4th season and perhaps the big arc against MLA soon maybe it is possible that it will beat 2018's numbers

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
This arc was basically to move Endeavour's story foward and set up for future arcs
Hell we don't know many more arcs we have until the Invasion Arc by the villains. It could be a year or two before we get to that/spoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.