• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Throwing out a guess that just came to mind: Rexplosion
(Cause "rex" means "king" and he wanted to have king in his name. I prefer "Ground Zero" but I'm throwing this out there just so I got a guess for glory and bragging rights if it comes true! Shame me if it doesn't.)
giphy.gif

You can't top Lord/Baron Explosion Murder or King of Explodo-Kills so I'm not even going to try lol. 90s comics edge Bakugo, he seems like the kind of kid who read Spawn
Speaking of names, knowing how Horikoshi likes to put double meaning when he names things, I think it's fair to put this in the pile of Dabi is Touya hints
1575481279223.jpg
Checks out.

Remember, MHA fam. Tobi=Obito. Sometimes it really is that simple

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Late reply, but just read the chapter.

Veil it in "comedy" and it's all good!

CD0hVQ5.png

oTgFGvk.png
I definitely dislike this ongoing angry bakugo gag. Bakugo can and should calm down specially in situations are more serious.

At this point I just want this Dabi thing to happen and be done with it.
And the traitor thing too. We've been teased too damn long
I disagree, I prefer it being revealed when it has the most impact than being revealed soon just to please fans because they are getting impatient. Sure it will lose shocking value but I am ok with that if it means it is better used.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Ochaco is the traitor.
I kinda feel it wouldnt be good for her character after her recent developments. She already shifted her goals towards wanting to save people so revealing her to be the traitor kinda goes against it. Unless Horikoshi shows that she was a traitor but stopped being one.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda feel it wouldnt be good for her character after her recent developments. She already shifted her goals towards wanting to save people so revealing her to be the traitor kinda goes against it. Unless Horikoshi shows that she was a traitor but stopped being one.

Whoever the traitor is, I don't think they've been doing anything since the Kamino incident.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I am just saying if she is the traitor, it is shown that she stopped being after Kamino of her own volition.
Right. On the same page
honestly I want it to be kaminari because I think the character is kind of boring.
But for a while I wanted Kaminari to be the traitor for this. Cause giving me a nerfed lightning boy like that doesn't sit right
Lmao never seen this

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Uraraka being the traitor would make no sense and seems more like a shocking swerve
Would it really say that, she's pretty much in the same boat as all her other classmates, Horikoshi hasn't made any of the students seem treacherous, this isn't like the Dabi thing where he's leaving obvious hints, the traitor will come as a surprise matter who it is, Ochako is actually one of the few major characters who doesn't have anything to out right deconfirm don't from being the traitor in the story and there are plenty of ways to work in her being the traitor with her motivation

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lost me when it said Aoyama might know as that makes no sense
You mean the most perceptive guy in 1-A? If by "lost me" you mean you stopped reading when his name came up, then keep reading. Especially weird cause by that point in the post, you already know that Uraraka literally has "betrayal" in her name.
Of all the students, Ochaco is a very rare case of someone with at least something to speculate on. Even the Viz translator for the series has her as the second most likely traitor, after Hagakure.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Lost me when it said Aoyama might know as that makes no sense
The only Kaminari thing I buy is that he made the MLA signal
The whole Aoyama chapters heavily imply that he does know, and it wouldn't be much of a stretch for him to know, Horikoshi establish him as a very observant character being the first to figure out that Ochako was in love with Deku, during his little arc it was establish that he doesn't have launch with everyone else and the first act of the traitor happened during lunch ( the reporter thing before USJ) so he could have seen something, and like I said a lot of what happened in his chapter implies He knows something but is hard for him to tell Izuku

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
If he knew, why would he keep it to himself? It doesn't make sense to me
Maybe he's not 100% sure and had no evidence to show, he's been written as a coward with self esteem issues so it would make sense for him to be hesitant in telling his classmates to not trust Ochako (a character they'll trust more than him)

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
You mean the most perceptive guy in 1-A? If by "lost me" you mean you stopped reading when his name came up, then keep reading. Especially weird cause by that point in the post, you already know that Uraraka literally has "betrayal" in her name.
Of all the students, Ochaco is a very rare case of someone with at least something to speculate on. Even the Viz translator for the series has her as the second most likely traitor, after Hagakure.
ok, but for the translator is also looking at as another fan, so his opinion is no more valid than any of us

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If he knew, why would he keep it to himself? It doesn't make sense to me
If she is the traitor then I guess we'll find out why he didn't make a big deal about it when it happens but he clearly tries to at least warn Deku that something is up.

With him telling Deku not to trust appearances
and him being shown to be more observant than everyone else regarding Ochaco
the girl whose name can mean both "beautiful day" and "I'm a goddamn traitor" (which the author apparently felt real smart coming up with)
I'm not gonna write her off as a possibility.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Maybe but not entirely sold honestly
Again, for me, the only clue for anyone is Kaminari doing the salute but traitor Kaminari would crush me

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
MHA fans are too impatient, let the plotlines develop. The traitor plot has too little info disclosed now to be revealed like that.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people think its kaminari again? The 'evidence' is flimsy and weak as hell if you ask me

• Communication Earpiece: Denki wears an earpiece on his right ear that allows him to channel his electricity and create electrical communication signals. This allows him to communicate with other channels remotely. However, signals can also be blocked out by outside electrical disturbance.

You say the "evidence" is flimsy, but Kaminari has the best quirk for actually being able to ping the League or someone associated with the League to where they are, despite not knowing where they are themselves.

I personally want him to be the traitor due to how much you can actually do with electricity and how current Kaminari is kinda wasting most of it. My dream scenario is that he is faking being an idiot and his "overcharge" weakness so he doesn't raise suspicion.

The traitor could also be one of the teachers, but I personally feel that would be a lot less interesting than it being someone directly related to Class 1-A. That and if the reveal happens in the next two month in-universe, it'll be the perfect excuse to have Shinso take his place and keep the neat "20 people per class" thing going.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
There's one silver lining for the Dabi Teasing, and that is we've had more time to develop the Todoroki family, Natsuo especially.
He still a pretty new character in the grand scheme of things so it's great that he's such a important part of the puzzle.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's one silver lining for the Dabi Teasing, and that is we've had for time to develop the Todoroki family, Natsuo especially.
He still a pretty new character in the grand scheme of things so it's great that he's not a important part of the puzzle.
Natsuo snuck his way real high up the list of most interesting characters.

Ebnas

May 15, 2019
Ochaco makes sense as unwilling traitor. She's broke and so is her family, so it wouldn't be a stretch to think that one of AfO's associates threatened her family business in exchange for occasional intel. Her motivation to make enough money so that they don't have to work anymore would ameliorate that concern.

Still gonna bet on Hagakure, Shoji or Aoyama though.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Once again people, you have to take a look at what the characters actually did during the villain attacks.

USJ= Uraraka fought back against Kurogiri and was instrumental in allowing Iida to call back-up. She gives no indication that she's hiding something.
camp raid= She fights Toga then uses her power to help Deku's team to catch up to Compress. Once again, there's no indication that she's actually some sort of villain mastermind.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How could someone try to blame the real MVP of the camp arc Shoji. I am disgusted.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Once again people, you have to take a look at what the characters actually did during the villain attacks.

USJ= Uraraka fought back against Kurogiri and was instrumental in allowing Iida to call back-up. She gives no indication that she's hiding something.
camp raid= She fights Toga then uses her power to help Deku's team to catch up to Compress. Once again, there's no indication that she's actually some sort of villain mastermind.
During USJ she was in a group so it would make sense to play along and in the camp arc she was with Tsuyu so it's really not like she can give any indication around her

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
During USJ she was in a group so it would make sense to play along and in the camp arc she was with Tsuyu so it's really not like she can give any indication around her
If she was the traitor, she actively fought against the plans of her own team. That's the fact. My two traitor candidates both found ways to avoid that and stay out of harm's way, the bare minimum for possible suspicion.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
If she was the traitor, she actively fought against the plans of her own team. That's the fact. My two traitor candidates both found ways to avoid that and stay out of harm's way, the bare minimum for possible suspicion.
Arguing against the plan in that situation sounds like a massive red flag for not only the characters in the story but also the readers considering she also is one of the people who argued against rescuing Bakugo, I don't see what more she could have said sounds risky or something like that, part of the reason why I still have Ochako as my most likely candidate is because it's so shocking how she is the main heroine and she still hasn't gotten anything that out right deconfirms her as a suspect like a one on one, her taking initiative, or any inner thought, hell even Iida got that and he's background wallpaper now

Though out of curiosity what are your two most likely candidates?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Arguing against the plan in that situation sounds like a massive red flag for not only the characters in the story but also the readers considering she also is one of the people who argued against rescuing Bakugo, I don't see what more she could have said sounds risky or something like that, part of the reason why I still have Ochako as my most likely candidate is because it's so shocking how she is the main heroine and she still hasn't gotten anything that out right deconfirms her as a suspect like a one on one, her taking initiative, or any inner thought, hell even Iida got that and he's background wallpaper now

Though out of curiosity what are your two most likely candidates?
Aoyama/Monoma

Aoyama: hid during USJ, hid until he has a change of heart at the camp attack
Monoma: Wasn't at the USJ, deliberately threw his exam so he wasn't out and about when the villains attacked at the camp.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Aoyama/Monoma

Aoyama: hid during USJ, hid until he has a change of heart at the camp attack
Monoma: Wasn't at the USJ, deliberately threw his exam so he wasn't out and about when the villains attacked at the camp.
Aoyama I can see but Monoma's Class B vs A stick wouldn't make sense for me if he was the traitor

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest problem with Ochako being the traitor is she's your biggest female character in terms of visibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.