• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
When I read the reveal, I was not understanding why I didn't recognize that name... Thanks to you now I understood that I have just to read Vigilantes too. I suppose this is a good way to advertise that spin-off.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well that reveal fell completely flat for me, I never read Vigilantes lol, maybe I'll fix that sooner rather than later...

Also glad to know that out of everything they could've shown us, we got to know the most important things Uraraka has been up to, like getting a new outfit, or that she has kept Deku's secret santa gift.

And wtf at Bakugo just stabbing Deku outta nowhere

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
E8A59788-2DB2-4EBE-A109-31B4AA595F52_28.png

(Holy shit! Kurogiri is motherfucking Loud Cloud? Y'all should read that arc in Vigilantes. There's a hero in there who is basically Prince, and he's awesome.)

Hori out here connecting the satellite titles to the main book like a real comic lol. I respect the hustle, get people to read Vigilantes. That just added so much to Aizawa. Literally just gave this man an arc. I'm pretty excited for it! It's hilarious how Obito like the backstory feels, though.

The scenes with the class were great. I love Uraraka's new costume and the Mina teasing. The crush is still there. Iida got a bit of focus too, hooray! That color page was really nice. Idk what was up with that Bakugo moment. I guess that part of his costume is sharp? Grey matter coming out? You kinda have to take it as a gag otherwise Deku should be in the hospital but it wasn't really well done.

Will we learn more about Kurogiri next chapter? What will Aizawa do? Is All Might going to eat that cotton candy? Why does Present Mic drive American Muscle? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Although, to be clear, my understanding of the matter is that its Shirakumo's quirk that's there, i.e. they harvested it from him. So I guess my earlier post is wrong, lol.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you better translation

So Kurogiri isn't Aizawa friend but some random nomu with his quirk which explains her smoke body

(I read the wiki )

s y

Nov 8, 2017
looks Like another side character is getting an Arc. Which supporting character will get an arc after Aizawa? Deku?

Oct 25, 2017
So looking up the Wiki, Shirakumo was actually mentioned in Chapter 217. It's a bit of a "blink and you miss it" moment. Mic is talking to Eraser about Shinso, and asks if it's really about him, or about Shirakumo. Eraser of course dodges the question.

Also, Shirakumo means White Cloud. Kurogiri means Black Mist. Hmmm.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Yeah it seems like Kurogiri IS Aizawa's best friend, but corrupted with another quirk. The Nomus are mindless beings all deformed and shit, Kurogiri meanwhile is sentinent and looks like an actual human being. If I had to guess, this is because of his neck brace, just like AfO and Nine. I wouldn't be surprised if its a suppresor of some sort so that they don't mutate beyond their human selves because of the multie quirk usage/implants. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we see Shigi get a neck brace but this time its a monstrous construction of hands.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it seems like Kurogiri IS Aizawa's best friend, but corrupted with another quirk. The Nomus are mindless beings all deformed and shit, Kurogiri meanwhile is sentinent and looks like an actual human being. If I had to guess, this is because of his neck brace, just like AfO and Nine. I wouldn't be surprised if its a suppresor of some sort so that they don't mutate beyond their human selves because of the multie quirk usage/implants. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we see Shigi get a neck brace but this time its a monstrous construction of hands.
I'm waiting for translation because it seems it's his quirk that was taken somehow not him in another translation

But I'm waiting

I guess it explains his loyalty to AFO and Shigiraki if he was programmed to follow lil shiggy

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Wow I had no idea so many here didn't read vigilantes. It really adds to the world building and Knuckleduster is GOAT. This is like the fourth time something has been relevant first in Vigilantes before the main series.

While I like the tie in with Vigilantes, the shit with ochako is so tired at this point imo.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Well technically he did die
Nah, I mean like, he didn't become a villain. He seems to have died and had his quirk harvested into creating Kurogiri's.

Unless, of course, his corpse was used to create Kurogiri in the first place then they modified his quirk into becoming what it is now.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I guess this confirms Giganto is a type of Nomu as well, he's also probably going to Crimson Riot

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Good chapter, Aizawa getting a focus now before the big arc against the villains raise some flags.
looks Like another side character is getting an Arc. Which supporting character will get an arc after Aizawa? Deku?
I dont get the sarcastic question
The chapter had some really inconsistant art..
As always with art wait for the official release, scans quality is too low to judge anything
why?
I guess this confirms Giganto is a type of Nomu as well, he's also probably going to Crimson Riot
we already knew that, it was confirmed, iirc in the recent databook, that gigantomachia has multiple quirks

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I've been telling y'all nerds to read Vigilantes but nooooooooooo, you don't want to. It's been canon since the intro of quirk enhancing drugs.

Dabi came to the league though.

He did but there seems to be an existing relationship between the doc and Dabi, it's quite possible the doc pointed Dabi in their direction.

Wow I had no idea so many here didn't read vigilantes. It really adds to the world building and Knuckleduster is GOAT. This is like the fourth time something has been relevant first in Vigilantes before the main series.

While I like the tie in with Vigilantes, the shit with ochako is so tired at this point imo.

I think it's something that people just dropped off of (I dropped off around Chapter 40 and have been meaning to pick it back up for an absolute age, this for sure will be the thing that does that for me).

As for Ochako I'm wondering if Horikoshi's planning on doing something with her this arc, he's put some emphasis on her here and there recently (probably not though knowing Hori lol).

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Ooo wonder how they'll handle this in the anime. Will they just pull a Watchmen and not care if you don't know who that is? Will they just animate the Aizawa flashback arc? Or perhaps they will animate Vigilantes itself in all its copyright skating glory in the future? The possibilities have me just gleeful!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ooo wonder how they'll handle this in the anime. Will they just pull a Watchmen and not care if you don't know who that is? Will they just animate the Aizawa flashback arc? Or perhaps they will animate Vigilantes itself in all its copyright skating glory in the future? The possibilities have me just gleeful!
They could add a flashback in the class 1a x 1b arc when Aizawa is thinking about Shirakumo.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I wouldn't want a Vigilantes anime cause that would put some stress on Bones, unless someone else does it. I mean it could be cool if half the year we grt Vigilantes and the other half MHA.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Agreed, i hate this will they won't they

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Good chapter, Aizawa getting a focus now before the big arc against the villains raise some flags.

I dont get the sarcastic question

As always with art wait for the official release, scans quality is too low to judge anything

why?

we already knew that, it was confirmed, iirc in the recent databook, that gigantomachia has multiple quirks
I don't like having to read external media to get something. No biggie

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't want a Vigilantes anime cause that would put some stress on Bones, unless someone else does it. I mean it could be cool if half the year we grt Vigilantes and the other half MHA.
Bones works on multiple anime yearly, it wouldn't affect the MHA anime, they would just get one of their C teams to work on it

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Bones works on multiple anime yearly, it wouldn't affect the MHA anime, they would just get one of their C teams to work on it
True, True. Would be fun to see it animated cause from what I have read its got some interesting things that can be used to set up future arcs and plot twists.

I was looking around and I found something that makes sense. If there is a future Prison Break Arc, its very possible we might get a reveal of the traitor through conversation with Kurogiri about the league.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like having to read external media to get something. No biggie
I mean it isn't really external media, it is promoted as part of the series in japan with Horikoshi constantly asking people to read it. Also considering Horikoshi is a big hero comics fan this like his own MCU thing
Tho I recognize that the accessibility of Vigilantes is really wonky and it difficults things.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also i will go back of what I said earlier in this week. This chapter made me believe in the Ochako is the traitor more. The All Might plushie is a big chekov's gun imo.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
True, True. Would be fun to see it animated cause from what I have read its got some interesting things that can be used to set up future arcs and plot twists.

I was looking around and I found something that makes sense. If there is a future Prison Break Arc, its very possible we might get a reveal of the traitor through conversation with Kurogiri about the league.
I don't see a full traitor reveal but I can totally see them giving a hint like let's say Aizawa is trying to get to Kurugiri, and in a taunting matters says one of Aizawa's students is going to betray him then that
Also i will go back of what I said earlier in this week. This chapter made me believe in the Ochako is the traitor more. The All Might plushie is a big chekov's gun imo.
Yeah it would be a massive red flag for her if we get traitor talk next chapter and she was the only student emphasize this chapter, with the emphasis being pushing her feelings down

Status
Not open for further replies.