• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also i will go back of what I said earlier in this week. This chapter made me believe in the Ochako is the traitor more. The All Might plushie is a big chekov's gun imo.
Nah it's got nothing to do with that. Its just Hori furthering the whole Deku/Ochaco thing. Just reminding us that she still likes him and that they will likely be a thing down the line.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I got traitor vibes from it too with how long hori has been going with this with no progress.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
He is implying that somewhere down the line something bad will happen involving the traitor and the only clue left at the scene is the doll thus implicating Ochaco.
Ah. Okay that makes sense. But I doubt she is the traitor. She is in it for the money, but that's to support her parents. Unless she got more money as a traitor and she is that callous. But evem then I dunno, it feels like literally making Sasuke a girl love interest for the main character.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Ah. Okay that makes sense. But I doubt she is the traitor. She is in it for the money, but that's to support her parents. Unless she got more money as a traitor and she is that callous. But evem then I dunno, it feels like literally making Sasuke a girl love interest for the main character.
If she is the traitor then i would bet everything i have its not her choice and the LoV targeted her family and their financial instability. But it's not her. Hori has spent far too much time diving into her character and building up her relationship with Deku for her to turn traitor and betray everyone.

Its either Kaminari, Hagakure, or Aoyama.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
If she is the traitor then i would bet everything i have its not her choice and the LoV targeted her family and their financial instability. But it's not her. Hori has spent far too much time diving into her character and building up her relationship with Deku for her to turn traitor and betray everyone.

Its either Kaminari, Hagakure, or Aoyama.
While I do agree with that line of thought for Ochaco, I dunno if I agree with that for everyone. Hell, with the recent chapter I ak moving away from a student being a traitor entirely, I would pay good money on a bet that we have already or will be clued in on the traitor in Vigilantes.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, a spanish translation for Vigilantes got added for the Manga PLUS app. I guess now I haven't choice more than read it.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Holy shit, Hori really doesn't care if you're not reading Vigilantes, huh? I'm honestly surprised that the Aizawa flashback didn't make it into the main series now.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
While I do agree with that line of thought for Ochaco, I dunno if I agree with that for everyone. Hell, with the recent chapter I ak moving away from a student being a traitor entirely, I would pay good money on a bet that we have already or will be clued in on the traitor in Vigilantes.
Oh I'm not saying that would be the case for everyone. Just Ochaco. I have several guesses to their motivations. If it's Aoyama or Hagakure the motivation will be their quirks and inability to properly control them. If it's Kaminari I am betting its a family thing. As in his parents (or lack thereof) are somehow involved.

But at the same time I could see Hori transforming Shirakumo into the traitor. And him being a former student gives him insider knowledge of the goings on at UA. Like maybe the Pussycats forest area was a secret training ground in his time as well there as well so he knew that's where they would send them. Maybe the USJ was brand new in his time at UA so he knew how to circumvent the security.

Just spitballing obviously, but I could see I happening.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oh I'm not saying that would be the case for everyone. Just Ochaco. I have several guesses to their motivations. If it's Aoyama or Hagakure the motivation will be their quirks and inability to properly control them. If it's Kaminari I am betting its a family thing. As in his parents (or lack thereof) are somehow involved.

But at the same time I could see Hori transforming Shirakumo into the traitor. And him being a former student gives him insider knowledge of the goings on at UA. Like maybe the Pussycats forest area was a secret training ground in his time as well there as well so he knew that's where they would send them. Maybe the USJ was brand new in his time at UA so he knew how to circumvent the security.

Just spitballing obviously, but I could see I happening.
The traitor is contemporary and Shirakumo was kiilled as a teen. It would be a teeny bit hard to be them after 20-30 years.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Pretty sure Aizawa is only like 30.
Okay 10 years. Still stands that it has to be someone who is alive.

You know I have been thinking about the whole traitor situation.Would be wild if the traitor is actually Jeanist, and that's why the League hasn't been able to target them so easily and its just randoms. That is, the League accepted Hawks because he killed Jeanist, so they assume he did so because he was the traitor and they know he is double crossing them becahse of that and his cover is actually blown because of that, meanwhile the heroes don't actually know that the traitor situation has actually been solved and that Hawks is in deep shit.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
In regards to Uraraka, to quote myself from nearly a year ago:

Been Rereading the Exam Arc and if the traitor is a Student
She's Ochako.

What makes me think this?

The whole putting her feelings for Deku aside scene. It makes sense in the context of 'hey, not during the exam', but it's definitely a little too dramatic. And it was implied to be about putting them aside for longer than the exam, which makes no sense whatsoever. Unless there's a specific thing her affection for him would get in the way of. Theoretically she's talking about her becoming a hero, but a high school crush/boyfriend doesn't derail your future. And given she's in it for the paycheck, and not to be a sort of symbol, it could even be beneficial to have that kind of connection or someone to split the cost of an Agency with.

Add in Camie/Toga's whole "you've got a lot of trust placed in you" aside she had for Uraraka and my god does that make for some heavy foreshadowing.

The best part is that every potential clue here is something only we as readers are privy to, or at least have the whole context for. So if it happened, the faculty not figuring it out wouldn't just be them holding the idiot ball.

Kaminari, Aoyama, Hagakure and all the other common suggestions when it comes to students just don't matter enough for readers to care if it's them.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
In regards to Uraraka, to quote myself from nearly a year ago:
Her letting her feelings go that way was as dramatic as it was because it was not just for that exam it was for basically the entire time she's trying to be a hero that was her basically saying I'm going to be a hero first and then worry about my feelings for him.

Or at least that's how I interpreted it.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Her letting her feelings go that way was as dramatic as it was because it was not just for that exam it was for basically the entire time she's trying to be a hero that was her basically saying I'm going to be a hero first and then worry about my feelings for him.

Or at least that's how I interpreted it.
My point is that that doesn't actually make sense in the context of her earning potential as a hero in the future which is what she is primarily concerned with.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ok someone pointed out to me that the toy might be something that might differentiate Ochako from Toga if they ever fight.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
How does it not make sense?
Because she's not looking to be a symbol or fight some long term deeprooted evil that may endanger her loved ones.

She's looking for a day job that pays well and she enjoys. A high school fling, or even a long term real relationship, does nothing to endanger that. In fact, having someone as capable and trustworthy as Deku around to split the cost of opening up an agency with would be a boon.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Ok someone pointed out to me that the toy might be something that might differentiate Ochako from Toga if they ever fight.
But Toga already used up her blood and it seems redundant story-wise to do a who's the real Ochako when Izuku already figured her out in the License exam arc

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Because she's not looking to be a symbol or fight some long term deeprooted evil that may endanger her loved ones.

She's looking for a day job that pays well and she enjoys. A high school fling, or even a long term real relationship, does nothing to endanger that. In fact, having someone as capable and trustworthy as Deku around to split the cost of opening up an agency with would be a boon.
Wow you guys really missed the point. She is not trying to set aside her feelings for Deku because it would put him in danger or because she has some ultimate goal of be #1 and doesn't want him in the way.

She set aside her feelings because she could tell they were becoming a distraction. If you recall in the time leading up to the moment where she makes the decision to set her feelings aside she was constantly flustered, jealous and distracted by Deku and his interactions with other female characters. She saw that wasnt a good thing for her during important moments like the exam and it wasn't good for her friendship with Deku. So she decided that for the time being she would set all that aside. And she did. And its worked out rather well. She hasn't been nearly as flustered or distracted as she was before. Just little moments here and there to remind us that the feelings still exist. The All Might doll is another one of those moments. It's Hori's way of saying "Hey guys don't forget that Deku and Ochaco is a thing okay?".

It's not some deeper meaning plot point. It's a teenager trying not to let their feelings get in the way of their goals lol

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So I saw this on my timeline
IMG_20191206_142216.jpg

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Wow you guys really missed the point. She is not trying to set aside her feelings for Deku because it would put him in danger or because she has some ultimate goal of be #1 and doesn't want him in the way.
I need you to start reading my posts before you respond to them or else I'm not going to bother continuing to try to have a conversation with you.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's Hori's way of saying "Hey guys don't forget that Deku and Ochaco is a thing okay?".

How could we forget, we get reminded of it in every arc Uraraka shows up in :3

I remember it was stolen way back when and I am drawing blanks on if she ever used it or not.

It was used in the Yakuza arc. You prolly forgot because it was so damn underwhelming, hell I don't even precisely remember anymore

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Bruh. Not cool. Seems Horikoshi didn't get the memo:

Lol every time
Oh, are these official colors?
I could be mistaken, but I think it's unofficial. Grabbed it from the wiki, but couldn't find the artist or where the image came from. I've seen some say his hair could be white and whatever it is it probably matches his cloud. I have trouble deciding if blue or white would be better, or maybe a bluish white...
Ooo wonder how they'll handle this in the anime. Will they just pull a Watchmen and not care if you don't know who that is? Will they just animate the Aizawa flashback arc? Or perhaps they will animate Vigilantes itself in all its copyright skating glory in the future? The possibilities have me just gleeful!
I think they'll do an Aizawa flashback arc when the time comes, would make a cool 3-4 episodes.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

It was used in the Yakuza arc. You prolly forgot because it was so damn underwhelming, hell I don't even precisely remember anymore
Ah right right, thanks for refreshing my memory. It was when she led them away from overhaul. I'm allergic to google so I didn't look it up at all, that was underwhelming.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Edit: I'm dumb.

Well considering we haven't see her that much in quite a while and we just came off a HUGE villain arc where none of core hero cast was seen at all thats not really saying much lol

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
uh, I feel like dragon lady falling on Deku and Overhaul while they were fighting and the ensuing chaos is like one of the best parts of that arc and has some of Hori's best pages but to each their own I guess.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The Adder Nevermind I see what you mean now. I misunderstood your first paragraph. Thats my bad.

I stand by the rest of what I said though. Uraraka setting her feelings aside makes perfect sense in the context of the story and her character.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
The Adder Nevermind I see what you mean now. I misunderstood your first paragraph. Thats my bad.

I stand by the rest of what I said though. Uraraka setting her feelings aside makes perfect sense in the context of the story and her character.
Apologies for getting snippy about it, it's a button of mine.

As for the rest, I wouldn't disagree if not for the way that scene was framed, especially having been preceded by that line from Toga.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Apologies for getting snippy about it, it's a button of mine.

As for the rest, I wouldn't disagree if not for the way that scene was framed, especially having been preceded by that line from Toga.
Don't get me wrong I can see how people would think that they overdid it a bit, but to me personally I saw that as Hori putting appropriate weight on the sentiment given the importance of it. If Deku and Uraraka really are an endgame plotline then Hori would want to put some emphasis on it. To me that's what he did.

Last edited:

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Nice chapter, although the shift from the internship to back to school seemed very abrupt. The Bakugo stabbing Deku bit was wholly unnecessary though, and seems more of a regression for Bakugo than anything else, so not sure what Horikoshi was thinking with that. It's not really a funny gag.

looks like it's time for me to catch up with Vigilantes.

e: the captured villain guy is the portal guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.