• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
He just showed that she upgraded her costume and she still likes Deku, what is problematic about it?
Yeah I'm a bit confused as well.

We even found out a neat little tidbit about her costume. It's heavy as FUCK, but thanks to her gravity powers it doesn't bother her. Which means if done correctly she could use the wrist and leg pieces as brutal weapons.

Thats badass to me.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Momo (ducks for cover)
Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

We even found out a neat little tidbit about her costume. It's heavy as FUCK, but thanks to her gravity powers it doesn't bother her. Which means if done correctly she could use the wrist and leg pieces as brutal weapons.

Thats badass to me.

And She has cable in his wrist things now. If she wanted to she can grip one of her rocks and make a flail out of it

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At first when I read this chapter I was wondering whether the whole Nomu twist could be tied back into Dabi somehow but then I remember he wasn't in the League to begin with

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder if Vigilantes is going to end with something big that will come back in the main series.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The art style in this chapter was significantly different. I wonder if a different/new assistant worked on it.

Either that or Horikoshi is drawing the characters older and a more 'serious' fashion which is intriguing.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

Thats badass to me.
Imagine if she tosses them up into the air then releases them on top of a villain... Given that they're attached to her via wire, I wonder if she'd also be able to pull them back easily. Maybe turn them into weapons she could swing around, lol.

I do understand the frustrations with Uraraka's character though. Nearly every time she shows up, she's being written mostly as this character who's in love with Deku. I don't mind it much but it's disappointing if that's continuously brought up and she's not allowed to just grow as her own character without being tied to anyone else. At least we got a bit of that in the training arc.

Also, I think this is an unpopular opinion but I wasn't a fan of how Uraraka was drawn in that panel this chapter. Looked off to me.
So I saw this on my timeline
IMG_20191206_142216.jpg
Oh shiiit. Maybe this is a tease of the timeline of events that'll occur for the four months? i.e. All Might dies at the end of it, when Shigaraki finally executes his plan. Fuck, that'd make sense. Although, I'm kinda doubtful we'd see much of the other students' internships. I'd love to be wrong about that, of course.
Momo (ducks for cover)
Silly Dimple. Go back to hunting ghosts and malevolent spirits with Mob.

This does have the pleasant side effect of reminding me of my favorite TodoMomo fic which briefly featured some IidaMomo:

Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated in almost a year now. Still, if anyone is interested in a slice of life quirkles AU TodoMomo fic, I cannot recommend this one enough! <3
Reported straight to Bunkitz

Enjoy purgatory, heathen
I'm kidding
Okay, this is just weird cause I didn't get the notification again. Hmm. Makes me wonder if I've been tagged elsewhere and just couldn't see it. This is kinda bad.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Every female character in this series is just window dressing at best.
Not unsurprising for a shonen series, but still disappointing.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
YO. Bones did Suneater justice. Fuck yeah.
He doesn't Doc just likes Dabi because Dabi is smart and observant and thus the only one besides Shigiraki he trusts with nomu
Yup, yup. The only way I can see Dabi being one of Ujiko's creations is if they could retain memories of their past selves or the owners of the quirks that were factored into them because Dabi's clearly got some hang ups from his past and a history of his own.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up with the latest official chapters. The Endeaver stuff was fantastic. It really is like Horikoshi read all of the complaints and concerns and addressed all of them lol

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
Guys I know it feels gratifying to see the development you were hoping for, but do you really, honestly believe that Horikoshi lacks the intelligence necessary to think this by himself? That's some mad disrespect to him and his work.
Yes, he can consider criticism and fan expectations when writing the manga, but at the end of the day it all came out so well because he actually understood how to write it. You can't do that by just reading comments on something. It has to be felt.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Guys I know it feels gratifying to see the development you were hoping for, but do you really, honestly believe that Horikoshi lacks the intelligence necessary to think this by himself? That's some mad disrespect to him and his work.
Yes, he can consider criticism and fan expectations when writing the manga, but at the end of the day it all came out so well because he actually understood how to write it. You can't do that by just reading comments on something. It has to be felt.
Nope i think Hori is completely idiot who can't write without someone telling him

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Iirc, before the pro hero arc, Horikoshi took a pause of one week to do research, I wouldnt be surprised if the research was to deal with the Endeavor development better.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I think the issue was more that what hori was dealing with is a very touchy subject in real life and people would worry that Endeavor would be easily redeemed.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It is actually a crime that Suneater hasn't been utilized more since the Yakuza arc.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
It is actually a crime that Suneater hasn't been utilized more since the Yakuza arc.

Lets Be honest the boy is not the go getting type. If shit pops off he will be there but after that arc the kids haven't had serious Villian fights where he would be involved in forever. When Mirio shows up again I can see him coming back into the plot.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Magne and Overhaul are a pretty big Chekov's gun set up at the end of this arc. Both could have been killed off completely but weren't, with them being shelved. Feels a lot like Moiraine in WoT.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Overhaul has the ability to resurrect her, you just have to give him the limb and motivation to do it. Obviously not happening anytime soon, but seems like something that could pay off way down the line.

He can't bring back the dead. If he "kills" then immediately reassembles you, did you really die?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay let me rephrase that. Do you think he could revive something that has been dead for a long time? Cause I absolutely don't believe he can. It's like trying to revive a person whose heart has flatlined, I believe he can do that, but you can't bring back someone who has been dead for a long time.

(Maybe Eri can but who knows)

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay let me rephrase that. Do you think he could revive something that has been dead for a long time? Cause I absolutely don't believe he can. It's like trying to revive a person whose heart has flatlined, I believe he can do that, but you can't bring back someone who has been dead for a long time.

Yea I have no reason to believe he can do that

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So I don't think of it as "reviving" them, it's more like copying someone in a Xerox machine. The question is whether he can delay printing the new copy, which we don't have an answer on.

This is why what he's doing to Eri is so horrific, he's hurting her, killing her, reassembling her, and repeating the process over and over. And then he's left at the end of the arc in a situation where she's the only person who could possibly heal him. They'd have to be at "Summon Lilith to Sanctuary" levels of desperate to do that though.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So I don't think of it as "reviving" them, it's more like copying someone in a Xerox machine. The question is whether he can delay printing the new copy, which we don't have an answer on.

This is why what he's doing to Eri is so horrific, he's hurting her, killing her, reassembling her, and repeating the process over and over. And then he's left at the end of the arc in a situation where she's the only person who could possibly heal him. They'd have to be at "Summon Lilith to Sanctuary" levels of desperate to do that though.
I believe I remember him saying something about having to revive right away after killing someone during the Mirio fight

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe I remember him saying something about having to revive right away after killing someone during the Mirio fight
Ah, you're right- it sounds like he has trouble reviving people if he doesn't do it quickly enough. RIP my theory.

Though for objects I'd assume this restriction doesn't apply.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Where is my Suneater arc Hori? He deserves it now that the Big 2 are down to the Big 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.