• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Most shonen gives preferential treatment to the MC via fights, power ups, etc but it's spread pretty equally in Hunter x Hunter. Like sure all the Strawhats are the protagonists in One Piece for example, but Luffy easily gets the most focus of the group, same goes for Goku and Naruto, Ichigo. But Gon and Killua are kept at similar levels all throughout HxH. They get the same amount of characterization and development. One does not get more spotlight than the other. Kurapika now has his own arc with those two absent. I'd say Gon is not the sole protagonist in the same way other shonen protagonists are because he isn't favored in the story any more than his friends.
I was mainly speaking before the latest arcs which is why I said most of the series Gon has gotten more focus then Killua, the Hunter exams were mostly through his perspective, Heavens arena was more focused on him and even ended with him fighting Hisoka, and he also got more focus in Greed Island where the last fight was him Vs Gentru, the main premise of the story was Gon trying to find his dad, a Hunter hunting a Hunter, and Killua joining him on his journey

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Question, If Crisis on Infinite Earths Happened in the My Hero Academia Verse, Who Would Be the Seven Paragons?

Paragon of Hope

Paragon of Destiny

Paragon of Truth

Paragon of Courage

Paragon of Honor

Paragon of Love

Paragon of Humanity

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Question, If Crisis on Infinite Earths Happened in the My Hero Academia Verse, Who Would Be the Seven Paragons?

Paragon of Hope

Paragon of Destiny

Paragon of Truth

Paragon of Courage

Paragon of Honor

Paragon of Love

Paragon of Humanity
Hope: Bakugo
Destiny: Deku
Truth: Iida
Courage: Todoroki
Honor: Kirishima
Love: Momo
Humanity: All Might

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
In exchange for having Kurapika MC, however, we now have to deal with dozens of secondary suit-wearing characters that love having monologues.

At least the 4th Prince is cool. And I like the baby prince's mom.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In exchange for having Kurapika MC, however, we now have to deal with dozens of secondary suit-wearing characters that love having monologues.

At least the 4th Prince is cool. And I like the baby prince's mom.

I can't wait for this arc to end in 10 years so I can finally like it.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017

Unrelated, but this reminded me of the thematic elements in the mafia families from Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
Deku would be Sky (and he even looks like Tsuna), Bakugo definitively is Storm, Todoroki would be Rain, Uraraka could be Sun, Kaminari would be Thunder, Momo would be Mist and Tokoyomi woud be Cloud.
If I knew how to draw I would try to do fan art of it.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait for this arc to end in 10 years so I can finally like it.

I sometimes forget Leorio, Chrollo, Ging and their respective groups are all in that ship.

But instead everything we get to see is Game of Thrones with a bunch of Stand users and their secret services, and it's somehow boring.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes forget Leorio, Chrollo, Ging and their respective groups are all in that ship.

But instead everything we get to see is Game of Thrones with a bunch of Stand users and their secret services, and it's somehow boring.
You're so wrong. The arc has been awesome so far. It's just really hard to keep up with it considering how much is going on and the year+ breaks.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
A Toga fan hating Ochako somewhat makes a lot of sense in my kind
I used to like Ochako but I started to dislike her around the Provisional License Exam arc when her character started to be too Deku focused and it doesn't help that the IzukuOchako ship seems to be going the route of the standard Shonen tease till the end, I became a Toga fan because despite her being a Yandere that's in love with the MC she actually does things that don't revolve around him, and I want Ochako to be the traitor because her being traitor would actually get me interested in her character again and I've also been pushing that theory for years now

I'm actually enjoying the succession war but I would lying be if I didn't say I would like Togashi to just move on to the Hisoka vs Spiders stuff

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Togashi seems to have a cushy deal of 1 volume a year and he's taking full advantage of that. It'll never finish lol.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not this year it ain't lol

People were so hopeful when we got 2 volumes last year :P

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

So in this interview with Hori he says something kind of interesting. Assuming the translation is correct, he said Bakugo still needs to apologize to Deku. The only thing I can think of was his comment at the start of the series which people have said he should apologize for. If that is what Hori is talking about then I'm surprised cause I assumed he tried to sweep that under the rug and forget about it.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
So in this interview with Hori he says something kind of interesting. Assuming the translation is correct, he said Bakugo still needs to apologize to Deku. The only thing I can think of was his comment at the start of the series which people have said he should apologize for. If that is what Hori is talking about then I'm surprised cause I assumed he tried to sweep that under the rug and forget about it.

I swear to god, Horikoshi reads Reddit, Twitter, or something.

Also, he needs to apologize for being a nigh-murderous bully at the beginning of the manga/show.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I swear to god, Horikoshi reads Reddit, Twitter, or something.
I doubt he reads Reddit, but Twitter is widely used in Japan so I wouldn't be surprised if he sees some of the tweets about the series there. Glad he's finally addressed it though. I personally haven't been clamoring for it like others have, but I do acknowledge that it's needed. Looking forward to seeing it finally happen.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

I'm glad Hori plans to address it. Whether or not people will come around on Bakugo after he apologizes remains to be seen. I've long since suspected even if he did apologize people would just jump to something else to continue their dislike of the character.

We'll see.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Thank you, I swear I have seen many Bakugo fans saying that he doesnt need to apologize because that is his personality

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I feel like Bakugou coming around and apologizing to Deku is obviously going to happen.

But it wont for a long, long, long time. That's like final arc stuff.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Poll leaked
1576128800262.jpg

Edit: lol beaten by a second

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2nd best character Bakugo stays winning goddamn

Did Todoroki beat Deku last time? It's always super close between those two lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised Iida still has so many fans despite his general lack of screentime nowadays

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Best character stay winning

Top 3 have been in the same spots since the 2nd poll. This is the 5th iirc

Kirishima has consistently been the most liked U-A student outside of the core trio.
Todoroki beat Deku in the last poll and surprisingly enough Hawks was fourth last time and now he dropped out of the top 10

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Todoroki beat Deku in the last poll and surprisingly enough Hawks was fourth last time and now he dropped out of the top 10
Yeah good catch! I edited my post. Deku and Todoroki seem to go back and forth. What amazes me about Bakugo is not only has he been #1 for so long but he's also done it without a one on one villain fight. That's impressive

I wonder why Hawks didn't make the cut this time? Maybe they don't like his triple agent storyline as much as we do

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder why Hawks didn't make the cut this time? Maybe they don't like his triple agent storyline as much as we do
The poll where Hawks got fourth was right at the end of the Pro Hero arc after his triple agent reveal so he had good timing before, I guess it seems he didn't have much lasting power for the Japanese readers

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Todoroki is only 3rd? Noooooooo
And as well, glad Hori plans to have Bakugo apologize and realize he isn't off the hook

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey they got number 1 right! Also my boi Iida still hanging in there despite not being important in forever!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I stand by what i said this week about these polls, they are more about who is more favorite than who is more popular. Like I refuse to believe All Might isnt a top 10 popular character

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Toga and Shigaraki in the top ten where they belong. Japanese fans love them power ups

But no Twice so it's trash.

Definitely seems like the villain arc had the intended effect for Horikoshi, considering the league never made it into the top ten if I'm not mistaken.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Deku had the 2nd place on lock with his powerups considering the chapter where he awakened black whip was very well received if I'm remembering right in the weekly rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.