• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I'm willing to bet that the last arc will involve a Toga Vs Ochako and Dabi Vs Todoroki climatic showdown, their characters are made for that

Toga is dangerous because if the battlefield is Chaotic she is incredibly deadly with her shapechanging. I mean we saw her during the Yakuza arc using misdirection and disguise incredibly well.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Goody too shoes Deku: played dead to finger blast a gentleman thief and baited a senile old man by hiding under a sofa

Dirty Setsuna: uses basic divide and conquer strategy
I'm just gonna say Setsuna is the female Grape Juice of class B, She just hides it better. Her quirk is perfect for a closet pervert.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
download-3.png

I have to confess, one of my favorite things in stories is when villains fight other villains. I always enjoy it.

For that reason alone, I'm willing to bet I'm going to love this arc.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't notice it the first time I read it, but the All Might statue at Kamino Ward is nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of hope they got the wrong scientist dude.

Toga and the family of those around Shigaraki is nice.

Other aspect of the plot is kind of lame. New antagonist is just lame in general. Gonna be a drag to go through this upcoming arc beyond caring immensly for Shigaraki.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
This sudden escalation makes me wonder if the fallout of this battle is going to result in the rise a Senator Kelly-type character. I don't know how feasible that is with most people having quirks, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Also poor Compress.

D3l-Jja-CU0-AIm-YTF.jpg

At least Toga is doing well.

D3l-JZfw-UUAAPSVs.jpg

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
sorry to repost but
XJ1VUHR.png

Caleb the translator pointed out that this dude was, a few chapter ago, eating his food like a dog.
That, along with the fact that he didn't bother saluting Destro and didn't get an introduction, really solidifies that this guy has a purely practical purpose at the Liberation Army's top command.

At first, I thought he would be the muscle to the group, the top quirk user that would they would use to beat the LoV. Another possibility is that he's a tracker, and he's out in wilderness trying to pinpoint the league or even the Doctor.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I thought Gigantomachia had some special force pushing type of ability. Didn't realize this is what he did:

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
surprised people still acknowledge and recognize kenshin considering

I mean the series is amazing and deserves the credit it gets but the creator is trash. Kinda like Enders Game for me. I love the fuck out of that book but its Author is the biggest Right wing Fascist I've seen in awhile. Also kinda like the same with Chuck Dixon writing some of the best Bat-family comics during Chucks stint but being a terrible person that we found out after the fact.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I mean the series is amazing and deserves the credit it gets but the creator is trash. Kinda like Enders Game for me. I love the fuck out of that book but its Author is the biggest Right wing Fascist I've seen in awhile. Also kinda like the same with Chuck Dixon writing some of the best Bat-family comics during Chucks stint but being a terrible person that we found out after the fact.
Don't forget about Frank Miller, he's another Piece of Shit that's written some of the best Batman stories

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Don't forget about Frank Miller, he's another Piece of Shit that's written some of the best Batman stories

Yup. Their are alot of Pieces of shit who have done amazing things and I'm not gonna not say it was good. I'm just not gonna give them more money than I already have. I'm still gonna read my bomb ass chuck Dixon comics and Watch Ruroni Kenshin. Just make sure they don't get the money from it anymore.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how season 1 All Might would fare against Gigantomachia... I would assume that All Might in his prime would be able to handle him, given that All For One sent him away rather than used him to help defeat All Might.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I wonder how season 1 All Might would fare against Gigantomachia... I would assume that All Might in his prime would be able to handle him, given that All For One sent him away rather than used him to help defeat All Might.
I'm hesitant to say, but I think season 1 All Might could take Gigantomachia. He might go into retirement even earlier, but it's not like he'd back down.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The question is whether or not Gigantomachia is stronger than he used to be. Could be that current one could've been a factor in Prime All Might vs. All For One.

Also, just remembered that Mina ran into this guy at one point. Wonder if they'll do anything with that?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
The question is whether or not Gigantomachia is stronger than he used to be. Could be that current one could've been a factor in Prime All Might vs. All For One.

Also, just remembered that Mina ran into this guy at one point. Wonder if they'll do anything with that?

I imagine if shit goes down and we get a LoV vs MLA battle with the Class watching on TV, Mina and Kirishima will recognise him straight away and be like 'oh fuck imagine if Mina hadn't intervened'.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Well I see Giganto as a stronger and smarter opponent then the USJ Nomu and All Might barely was able to beat him

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
USJ Nomu is super underrated in MHA power-level discussions. All Might didn't even do any permanent damage to it, it just lost connection to it's master.
It took a beating from All Might that would have turned anything else to paste.

As tough as Giga is, I doubt he could do the same. Kaiju Overhaul got btfo pretty quickly by 100% OfA too.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
USJ Nomu is super underrated in MHA power-level discussions. All Might didn't even do any permanent damage to it, it just lost connection to it's master.
It took a beating from All Might that would have turned anything else to paste.

As tough as Giga is, I doubt he could do the same. Kaiju Overhaul got btfo pretty quickly by 100% OfA too.
Shock absorption and regeneration basically makes it indestructible to punching All mights super power

JohnDoe

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that nomu was mainly a really bad matchup for All Might in terms of quirks. (Which reminds me of One Piece where devilfruit matchups can be a big factor as well)

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that nomu was mainly a really bad matchup for All Might in terms of quirks. (Which reminds me of One Piece where devilfruit matchups can be a big factor as well)
Endeavour if and that's a big if is able to get a drop on him can burn him to a crisp

Maybe Dabi could Shoto in a few years probably could

Shoto, Dabi and Endeavour >>>> All Might Change my mine

But yeah him having trouble with Nomu doesn't mean a whole lot unless Gigantomachia has the same quirk

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Endeavour if and that's a big if is able to get a drop on him can burn him to a crisp

Maybe Dabi could Shoto in a few years probably could

But yeah him having trouble with Nomu doesn't mean a whole lot unless Gigantomachia has the same quirk
I'm mean endecour isnt all might level but the dude has some of the beat endurance and strength showings from someone with no bodily enhancement quirk. His fight with high end only elavated to me that with some better aupport equipmeny he could be fucking insane.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm hesitant to say, but I think season 1 All Might could take Gigantomachia. He might go into retirement even earlier, but it's not like he'd back down.
Well I see Giganto as a stronger and smarter opponent then the USJ Nomu and All Might barely was able to beat him
Hmm... I gotta agree with alexi here. Gigantomachia seems way stronger than that first Nomu, given that he can easily level mountains from what we've seen of him, and he's a smart fighter too.

I was thinking of current Gigantomachia vs. prime All Might or season 1 All Might, but thanks for pointing that out. Gigantomachia was much smaller back then, so my assumption is that he grows stronger over time, which Spinner may have confirmed when he said that Gigantomachia grows larger in battle.

As for Mina, they're definitely gonna bring that up in the future. Her and Kirishima will likely face Gigantomachia one day in some way.
Bingo. Assuming you're referring to matchups against the Nomu.

Although, the anime showed Endeavor's ability to burn hot enough to the point of carbonization to prevent cellular regeneration, which is perfect for fighting a regenerating Nomu, but given the events at Fukuoka, I have a feeling that will remain anime-only... Dabi, though, he can definitely do that.

Fair point about the trouble All Might had against the Nomu being due to his quirk... So maybe season 1 All Might would be able to defeat Gigantomachia.

Last edited:

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Hmm... I gotta agree with alexi here. Gigantomachia seems way stronger than that first Nomu, given that he can easily level mountains from what we've seen of him, and he's a smart fighter too.
I am putting a lot of faith in an injured All Might, but I still think he would win. He has always found a way, doubly so if there's lives on the line. Assuming they sent Gigantomachia instead of Nomu to USJ, I think he would've fought even harder than he did against Nomu. Also assuming Gigantomachia doesn't have shock absorption or regeneration(which he probably doesn't because AfO hid him while AM was active) I think All Might would eventually beat him into submission.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

I was thinking of current Gigantomachia vs. prime All Might or season 1 All Might, but thanks for pointing that out. Gigantomachia was much smaller back then, so my assumption is that he grows stronger over time, which Spinner may have confirmed when he said that Gigantomachia grows larger over time.

As for Mina, they're definitely gonna bring that up in the future. Her and Kirishima will likely face Gigantomachia one day in some way.

Bingo. Assuming you're referring to matchups against the Nomu.

Although, the anime showed Endeavor's ability to burn hot enough to the point of carbonization to prevent cellular regeneration, which is perfect for fighting a regenerating Nomu, but given the events at Fukuoka, I have a feeling that will remain anime-only... Dabi, though, he can definitely do that.

Fair point about the trouble All Might had against the Nomu being due to his quirk... So maybe season 1 All Might would be able to defeat Gigantomachia.

Its noted that he burned blue during the fight also. Remember the nomu tore ofd his head to avoid that move killing him out right.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Really the USJ Nomu wasn't even defeated, he was just thrown far away and too dumb to return to finish All Might off

AFO throughout has had plenty of opportunities to kill All Might, like all he had to do was join the USJ Nomu in the fight against All Might or he could have sent another Black Nomu or Giganto, and even in the fight at Kamino he could have just had Giganto fight alongside him but he didn't and that's because his goal throughout the manga hasn't been to kill All Might, it's been to train Shigaraki and he saw Giganto as too valuable of an asset to risk using early on in the series, that alone implies that he's more powerful than a Nomu he was willing to throw away

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Really the USJ Nomu wasn't even defeated, he was just thrown far away and too dumb to return to finish All Might off

AFO throughout has had plenty of opportunities to kill All Might, like all he had to do was join the USJ Nomu in the fight against All Might or he could have sent another Black Nomu or Giganto, and even in the fight at Kamino he could have just had Giganto fight alongside him but he didn't and that's because his goal throughout the manga hasn't been to kill All Might, it's been to train Shigaraki and he saw Giganto as too valuable of an asset to risk using early on in the series, that alone implies that he's more powerful than a Nomu he was willing to throw away
Shiggy wants AM dead though, and AfO gave him that Nomu explicitly to kill All Might iirc. If he had Giganto this whole time and choose not to send him, to me that signals he believed there was a good chance All Might would still win. I don't know for sure if Gigantomachia has shock absorption and regeneration like the USJ Nomu but I don't think he does, which means All Might would just need one good smash.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Shiggy wants AM dead though, and AfO gave him that Nomu explicitly to kill All Might iirc. If he had Giganto this whole time and choose not to send him, to me that signals he believed there was a good chance All Might would still win. I don't know for sure if Gigantomachia has shock absorption and regeneration like the USJ Nomu but I don't think he does, which means All Might would just need one good smash.
AFO wants Shigaraki to succeed but he doesn't want to make it easy for him, Shigaraki wouldn't have grown that much if he had succeeded during the USJ arc and like I said if AFO was so eager to kill All Might he would have sent more of his assets like other Black Nomu or Giganto to fight alongside the USJ Nomu, he would have also showed up when All Might Ran out of Power there, it's like he said he wants All Might to die a slow and horrible death, everything so far has been his plans

And ask for Giganto's durability, the doctor commented on his invulnerability so imagine he can take some of All Might's full power punches and from what we've seen I believe Giganto definitely Hits harder than that Nomu

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair Gigantomachia seems to be a "break glass in case I'm dead or gone" thing

I doubt he can win against all might though based on what shown though

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
AFO wants Shigaraki to succeed but he doesn't want to make it easy for him, Shigaraki wouldn't have grown that much if he had succeeded during the USJ arc and like I said if AFO was so eager to kill All Might he would have sent more of his assets like other Black Nomu or Giganto to fight alongside the USJ Nomu, he would have also showed up when All Might Ran out of Power there, it's like he said he wants All Might to die a slow and horrible death, everything so far has been his plans

And ask for Giganto's durability, the doctor commented on his invulnerability so imagine he can take some of All Might's full power punches and from what we've seen I believe Giganto definitely Hits harder than that Nomu
I thought AfO had to put extra resources into that specific Nomu for it to be as strong as it was, and that the other Nomu weren't as strong or far along at the time. I'm not sure though

I do think Giganto hits harder than USJ Nomu, but I don't see him lasting any longer than the Nomu did when All Might goes for broke on him. I just don't see All Might losing that fight, but that's just me

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I thought AfO had to put extra resources into that specific Nomu for it to be as strong as it was, and that the other Nomu weren't as strong or far along at the time. I'm not sure though

It definitely was. None of the other Nomu's have demonstrated it's speed, strength or physical durability, not even High-End.
Back at the end of Season 1, the Doctor was pretty mad when he heard that the USJ Nomu had been lost. That probably a reason why he's putting the LoV through a test before they get his work this time.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

I do think Giganto hits harder than USJ Nomu, but I don't see him lasting any longer than the Nomu did when All Might goes for broke on him. I just don't see All Might losing that fight, but that's just me

The black Nomu that Endevour fought in Hosu was the Same type as the one at USJ, maybe under tuned a little but it was the same basic powerset. And He washed it with his powerset.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It definitely was. None of the other Nomu's have demonstrated it's speed, strength or physical durability, not even High-End.
Back at the end of Season 1, the Doctor was pretty mad when he heard that the USJ Nomu had been lost. That probably a reason why he's putting the LoV through a test before they get his work this time.
Ah, ok cool. Dude, your memory for remembering the smaller details in this manga never ceases to impress

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I am putting a lot of faith in an injured All Might, but I still think he would win. He has always found a way, doubly so if there's lives on the line. Assuming they sent Gigantomachia instead of Nomu to USJ, I think he would've fought even harder than he did against Nomu. Also assuming Gigantomachia doesn't have shock absorption or regeneration(which he probably doesn't because AfO hid him while AM was active) I think All Might would eventually beat him into submission.
Good point about the shock absorption... You're right about him always finding a way too! I feel bad for not having faith in All Might, haha.
Its noted that he burned blue during the fight also. Remember the nomu tore ofd his head to avoid that move killing him out right.
During the fight with High-End? The only blue flames noted there were Dabi's. One of the heroes specifically pointed it out. It's true that Prominence Burn did destroy High-End's body... So that would definitely be enough to prevent the USJ Nomu from regenerating. Good point as well.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Enjoying Two Heroes so far.(missed getting to see it in theaters.)

The Young All Might scene was awesome. Though seeing him with normal eyes is still really bizarre to me.

(Also Bakugo was on screen for like five seconds before he started screaming for fucks sake shut up!)

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Shigaraki says to hit Gigantomachia

Sliding Go shows the LOV to Deika City and once they get there they come under concentrated attack

90% of Deika City residents are members of the Meta Liberation Army

The LOV heads to the tower Giran is in

Toga-chan vs Kizuki

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh no.

Momo is from Aichi prefecture. The prefecture where Deika City is apparently located. 90% of the city's population works for the Meta Liberation Army. What if... what if Momo's parents work for them too??

I'd be down for the potential angst, I guess, lol.

Also, wow. Sliding Go is a bad guy. Huh.

I'm really digging the sound of this arc, though. We're not just seeing the League train or whatever, they're on a mission to rescue Giran!

Status
Not open for further replies.