• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
We might finally be getting Toga's backstory, can't wait

I think this arc will end with Shigaraki taking over the liberation army by having Toga become ReDestro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I am feeling Shigs now. The idea of killing two birds with one stone is nice. Meanwhile, he is sleep deprived while doing all this.

I liked Twice part too.

Looking forward to Toga.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Shiggy getting real bold with his newfound swagger. As expected, he wants to use Giganto against them. I kinda almost want it to backfire, somehow because this just continues the trend of making it feel like this is going to end very badly for the Liberation Army. At the same time, the idea of Shiggy using it as an opportunity to essentially weaken Giganto is the type of cheap strategy I can't help but respect admittedly.

Guess people were right about that hero being shady after all. Wonder if he'll do anything else, or is he just a guide.

Best part about Shiggy fighting random villains this arc is that Horikoshi doesn't have to conveniently hold back on his quirk being a one-hit kill technique.

Toga vs. the new female villain, lol that's pretty cliche, but still interesting nonetheless. Toga truly is the most relevant female character in the story, she's now getting a fight in the exact way you'd expect one of the good guys to. Hope we get a flashback too while we're at it.

I give him a pass on the girl fight clixhe because the only girl fight in the past few chapters was the momo vs Kendal fight and even then before andvafter that there was alot of mixed gender fighting.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I give him a pass on the girl fight clixhe because the only girl fight in the past few chapters was the momo vs Kendal fight and even then before andvafter that there was alot of mixed gender fighting.
Tbh I chalk stuff like this up to editorial interference in most cases. Some of the stuff I've read about Shonen editors, man...

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
If the LoV get away with this and the liberation army isn't exposed, the nation's going to be shocked at the aftermath.
It will look like the LoV just rocked up and started massacring all the inhabitants of the town.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Don't really see anything wrong with the girl vs girl fight since the majority of the fights in this series has guy vs guy or girl vs guy
If the LoV get away with this and the liberation army isn't exposed, the nation's going to be shocked at the aftermath.
It will look like the LoV just rocked up and started massacring all the inhabitants of the town.
Lol didn't even think about that

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
whispers do you think of alex ross ever did an all might picture horishiki would just melt into the ground

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
D3v9l4RUIAAqVQV.png

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really starting to like confident leader Shiggy.

It also looks like we're finally about to learn
Toga's past too.

Really liking this arc so far.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
well horikoshi had to make the league of villains more competent after they lost the guy behind the whole thing or they wouldn't make for a very good enemy group

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
well horikoshi had to make the league of villains more competent after they lost the guy behind the whole thing or they wouldn't make for a very good enemy group
Tbh, I kind of think it's got more to do with the way they're structured differently than other enemy groups. They're sort of framed as being on a parallel course to the heroes, this is the natural consequence of that.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

(Shiggy's inner monologue right before he dusted those two randoms this chapter. Brutal.)
tenor.gif

Really liking where things are heading, it's always a blast when two villain groups go up against each other. I'm sure we will get more info on The Liberation Army and how they operate, but I have so many questions. So heroes are in on it too? Why? How the hell did Destro and the others take over Deika City? Looking forward to learning more about this group.

Shigaraki is really coming into his own. Take Twice's mask off was a scummy move, but I get why he did it. He seems more focused than he's ever been, and his plan to sic Gigantomachia on his enemies is not bad at all. Plus it gives us an excuse to watch them all fight while they wait on him. That's how you Shonen.

Toga vs Chitose next week. Looks like Chitose has some kind of explosion quirk. I was hoping she'd be a vampire, oh well.

If I had to guess I'm thinking the rest of the fights will be Dabi vs Koukuu and Spinner or Twice vs Tomoyasu. I think there's a good chance Compress will just end up fighting some fodder or getting taken out of commission early. Shiggy will Fight Destro of course. I also think that just maybe the League will take over Deika City by the end of the arc, but it's just a hunch.

Will Hawks make an appearance? Does Toga stand a chance against a Chitose? Will Sliding Go ever stop looking derpy?!? Find out next time on My Hero(Villain) Academia!

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So heroes are in on it too? Why? How the hell did Destro and the others take over Deika City?
If I'm guessing since they have business executives as leaders they could set up some sort of front in a city either recruit people there or move their trusted employees and being rich they could arrange and recruit heroes especially when they have a politician on their side. Since they played the long game they could have also recruited promising students that will be loyal to them after graduating

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
One thing I would love to know is where are we in the timeline right now? is this taking place straight after Shoto and Bakugo passed? (Which was early December iirc) or a bit later? (around Christmas/new year?)

Edit: remembering that Shiggy had been going at it for a while with Giga, even later perhaps?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I would love to know is where are we in the timeline right now? is this taking place straight after Shoto and Bakugo passed? (Which was early December iirc) or a bit later? (around Christmas/new year?)

Edit: remembering that Shiggy had been going at it for a while with Giga, even later perhaps?
We're in the present now so it's right after the two passed no timeline shenanigans

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
If I'm guessing since they have business executives as leaders they could set up some sort of front in a city either recruit people there or move their trusted employees and being rich they could arrange and recruit heroes especially when they have a politician on their side. Since they played the long game they could have also recruited promising students that will be loyal to them after graduating
Yeah that makes sense. I'm guessing these are the kind of heroes Stain hates, haha

I'm thinking it's after. I'm expecting Bakugo and Todoroki to have some kind of reaction to this or get involved. Maybe right after this arc or during.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
We're in the present now so it's right after the two passed no timeline shenanigans
Yeah that makes sense. I'm guessing these are the kind of heroes Stain hates, haha

I'm thinking it's after. I'm expecting Bakugo and Todoroki to have some kind of reaction to this or get involved. Maybe right after this arc or during.

Gotcha, thanks, just a little bit hard to keep up with the back and forthing recently, especially as we haven't yet seen the Shoto/Bakugo and AM return to UA yet.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Really looking forward to the fights in this arc now that it seems Hori is sticking with them.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Good chapter, I hope these high rank mooks aren't actually defeated but become underlings of the league.

Goddammit Lotus
No I think the league of villians is going to be dismantled here. And the rise of the liberation army after they broadcast them beating most of the members wgile the rest go into hiding.

It would make the rest have to actually go fucking recruit for the gang whkle shifting the focus from the league of villians to a new threat.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so Toga is actually a high schooler?
I always thought she was like a dropout who's in college now.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
If you wanted to go full pun he should've gotten Typhlosion

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Also the doctor mentioned how Nomu take long without AFO likely because AFO can easily move around quirks

I'm wondering how is he currently able to gather multiple quirks and people now or considering the Johnny nomu having the same warp ad AFO that maybe he can replicate or artificially create quirks ( the nomus are implied to be strong not because of a quirk but being built strong)

Also high end name is hood chan

Drinks for hood chan

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shiggy has to have a plan other than "lol destroy everything."

Makes him come off as kinda one dimensional.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Two Heroes

God did I miss watching My Hero Academia. Really enjoyable movie with some stellar animation. Villain had no depth but his quirk was just animation bait which was fine lol. This also kills me that this is the last time I'm expecting to see All Might animated in a fight. (unless we get flashbacks later on)

4th season needs to hurry up. I miss My Hero Academia in the spring.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Shiggy has to have a plan other than "lol destroy everything."

Makes him come off as kinda one dimensional.
Lol yeah but at the same time this is the most we've seen him fired up period. I believe the more complex motivations will come
Two Heroes

God did I miss watching My Hero Academia. Really enjoyable movie with some stellar animation. Villain had no depth but his quirk was just animation bait which was fine lol. This also kills me that this is the last time I'm expecting to see All Might animated in a fight. (unless we get flashbacks later on)

4th season needs to hurry up. I miss My Hero Academia in the spring.
Villain was whack but I liked his connection to AfO. It was tenuous at best, but I wish we had gotten more of it

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I think there are some characters out there that have the potential to change Shigaraki in some fundamental ways.
All Might and Eri in particular. Eri's going to be part of the story until the end, so I wouldn't be surprised if she had some sort of interaction with the LoV eventually.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Not complex on some Magneto shit, but something a bit more than I just want to destroy everything haha
I think after this arc Horikoshi could go the mad king route with him, if he starts to get alot of followers he can change his tune from "kill everyone" to "kill everyone who doesn't follow me"

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I suppose one question back from the start of the arc has been answered.

"How could Redestro just squash someone's head inside his office and get away with it?"

He wasn't stressing because almost the entire town is with him. Mr Miyashita was in some bad company.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose one question back from the start of the arc has been answered.

"How could Redestro just squash someone's head inside his office and get away with it?"

He wasn't stressing because almost the entire town is with him. Mr Miyashita was in some bad company.
Or

Or

Or

Hear me out

He's rich

Status
Not open for further replies.