• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
So I was discussing with some people about the possibility of one of the LoV dieing and they seemed to believe Toga has high chances. I was against the idea but I was in the minority, I just think she is endgame material. What do you guys think? Will someone die? Will Toga die? Will toga be a final arc threat?
The League will have deaths for sure, but I don't think Toga will be one of them. Dabi, Shigaraki, Compress, and Gigantomachia when he joins will all die imo. Toga will be in jail or possibly redeemed. Same with Spinner

She won't be a final arc threat. Not a huge one anyways

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Were they talking about this arc because see clearly has set up for later story plot points and she's also the second most prominent figure in Shigaraki's group, it's like saying Dabi will die before the final arc
This arc, they believe someone will die because compress has a bad feeleing about this

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
So I was discussing with some people about the possibility of one of the LoV dieing and they seemed to believe Toga has high chances. I was against the idea but I was in the minority, I just think she is endgame material. What do you guys think? Will someone die? Will Toga die? Will toga be a final arc threat?
I wouldn't rule out somebody dying, but I doubt it would be Toga. I can see Dabi dying in a final battle with Endeavor/Shoto type of scenario too.
Well Compress is the most likely candidate
God I hope not.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The Viz translation for 224 is out, in the Viz translation Toga doesn't say no to the interview

Oct 25, 2017
vigilantes 51
D4I_GchW0AIGyDF.png

Yes I love THE CRAWLER being all brave and trying to do something or another even if he's really weak and such but so much heart, courage, and confidence.

Perfect chapter.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
LA Brava being employed at Feel Good Inc might be a cool way to bring her and gentle back into the story.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This arc has been awesome so far. Getting to see shigaraki finally get to go all out with his quirk was great too.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Two Heroes Moive
I enjoyed this. The highlight of course is the final fight.The shot of Deku/All Might running together had me hype. The story was fine as far as these kinds of movies go. Need more of that car Dave had in the flashback. In between the actions scenes it felt kind of on par with a regular episode art/direction wise. Could have done without the intro/recap at the start but I get why it's there.

Some stuff that amused me:
-Uno
-Hagakure using a sign for rock paper scissors
-All Might initial "Oh no" when seeing Deku's face and realizing he is going to help.

Can add another Spinner shook panel to the list. I've been liking this arc, curious to see how it plays out. Wasn't ready for Shigaraki to just start erasing people.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It just arrived at my minda, but isnt Shigaraki's powers basically The Hand but not as good?

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
well I caught up on the manga after finishing the anime last week

I feel like the chisaki/festival arcs were good...and the endeavour fight was great...but everything since else was just ok? and even the chisaki/festival arcs didn't seem to reach the highs of everything up to all might v. all for one. Maybe it's anime bias since the adaptation is so quality. idk

mirio's solo stand to protect eri was also great. that and the endeavour fights were my highlights from everything post-anime. gonna be powerful when the anime finally gets there

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
well I caught up on the manga after finishing the anime last week

I feel like the chisaki/festival arcs were good...and the endeavour fight was great...but everything since else was just ok? and even the chisaki/festival arcs didn't seem to reach the highs of everything up to all might v. all for one. Maybe it's anime bias since the adaptation is so quality. idk

mirio's solo stand to protect eri was also great. that and the endeavour fights were my highlights from everything post-anime. gonna be powerful when the anime finally gets there

A lot of people here hate the Overhaul arc, so you enjoyed it a fair bit all things considered. Haven't you been enjoying the most recent arc though?

Personally, I think a lot of people will come around if the adaption is strong. If the adaption is bad, like the provisional license exam, opinions will be soured further.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people here hate the Overhaul arc, so you enjoyed it a fair bit all things considered. Haven't you been enjoying the most recent arc though?

Personally, I think a lot of people will come around if the adaption is strong. If the adaption is bad, like the provisional license exam, opinions will be soured further.
I think it's less hate and more underwhelmed, disappointed or maybe dislike

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't call the provisional license adaptation bad. It is nowhere the levels of some the worst adaptations of an arc from long running shonens.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Mirio's moment alone is the peak of the series in Overhaul's arc. It's what this shit is all about pulled of by who should be the protagonist.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of Caleb's translation for Toga's line. It makes less sense than the other translations, but I don't know the raw text so maybe it's more accurate.

Speaking of post-anime arcs, I'm really looking forward to the High-End arc. It's gonna be a terrific fight to see animated, and I'm so looking forward to seeing Endeavor get up from the attack that nearly cost him his eye. I hope the music doesn't disappoint there.

Next to that, I'm most excited to see... Eri's smile and 1-A's show. Other personal highlights I'm looking forward to include Deku vs. Gentle, BakuGOAT stomping, all of round 3, and of course: Shoto's commentary for Momo's match. (✿◡‿◡)

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Not a fan of Caleb's translation for Toga's line. It makes less sense than the other translations, but I don't know the raw text so maybe it's more accurate.

It feels very wack to read the official translation and think the unofficial one was better. It happens to me relatively often nowadays.

Sometimes Caleb seems to make lines more casual or loose than appropriate.

See "Eri, will you lend me your power?" transforming into "Eri...mind lending me a hand, here?!" The first has some gravity too it, the other does not.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It feels very wack to read the official translation and think the unofficial one was better. It happens to me relatively often nowadays.

Sometimes Caleb seems to make lines more casual or loose than appropriate.

See "Eri, will you lend me your power?" transforming into "Eri...mind lending me a hand, here?!" The first has some gravity too it, the other does not.
Yeah, that particular translation really stood out for me. It sounded so weird. It's not surprising though, it's not like VIZ's translators are the be-all and end-all translations.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I found that interesting (the general consensus against the Chisaki arc)

is it because all the female heroes kinda got no time to shine?

I did find deku's full power fight against Chisaki kinda underwhelming, although I was hyped to see him go backpack ERi upgrade mode lol

Nighteye's power was pretty weirdly handled

I really enjoyed how it felt like stakes of the world post-all might were finally coming to fruition though.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017

I did find deku's full power fight against Chisaki kinda underwhelming, although I was hyped to see him go backpack ERi upgrade mode lol

I really enjoyed how it felt like stakes of the world post-all might were finally coming to fruition though.

You got it for the most part, I feel the same.

We have to remember, however, that we got to experience the arc in one big rush. Reading it weekly, especially when the pacing got rough during the raid, must have been really tough.
I know that now after sitting through the joint-training arc lmao. It's not that bad, but i'll look back at some of those really short chapters and weeklong breaks as a dark-age of this thread.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't reread it yet but I expect the joint training arc to feel very different when binging it.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't reread it yet but I expect the joint training arc to feel very different when binging it.

The A and B fights?

It was ok to me. Kinda felt like a low stakes way to bring the voice control guy into the hero class and to introduce new powers/upgrades.

I found the first fight really really hard to understand/follow in manga form. IDK if it was just me. The rest were fine

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Summarize my problem

• It has the same issue as the class b arc (and I'm not mad at hiro because shonen is hard, just how it affected the arc) because the author got sick or burnt out or whatever the issue was I forgot and could only manage to do shorter chapters. Which fucks up the pacing of the arcs because events would take longer than they normally would while reading weekly
  • The girls team has one or two fan favorites Uraraka and Tsu or at least very prominent characters, one of the big three and the highest ranking in the team being a top ten who turns into a dragon. What do they do FUCKING NOTHING. You could cut them out and nothing would change and probably be for the better even if it would make the arc a sausage fest. There was even a ninja like possible sidekick to dragon lady that doesn't even get a name.
  • Nighteye quirk is such bullshit or at least the way they handle is such bullshit, I'm a cynical adult sick of some shonen bullshit but don't make a character explicitly can see the future and was never ever wrong but have him be wrong for the sake of hype "power of friendship moments" just have his vision be blurry or whatever
  • Overhaul honestly was a cool idea but I feel like he needed another arc to build him up as a threat before the takedown
  • The Yakuza enemies were really underwhelming
  • Nighteye death would have work a lot better if we got to know him more than we do
  • Deku blood should have been a bigger deal

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The A and B fights?

It was ok to me. Kinda felt like a low stakes way to bring the voice control guy into the hero class and to introduce new powers/upgrades.

I found the first fight really really hard to understand/follow in manga form. IDK if it was just me. The rest were fine
We were at a big disadvantage, so to speak, by following it weekly due to the low page count for several chapters. It artificially extended the arc's length. Binge reading ought to make it seem lighter at the very least, so that'll be beneficial.

In terms of the stakes, binge reading won't change a thing of course. Personally, I loved it despite the lack of large stakes for most of the cast. I've always enjoyed the series not just for its main plot but for its characters and world so I was happy to see the students duking it out and seeing their quirks in action in all sorts of ways.

I don't think I found any fight hard to follow... but Horikoshi does have some weak areas when it comes to action scenes, so I think it's kinda normal for some people to find certain scenes a tad difficult to follow.
Most arcs are, when I reread the Yakuza arc I didn't even notice any pacing problems
Yup, the raid itself doesn't actually feel that long.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
The A and B fights?

Yeah the first fight was seriously underwhelming, I struggle to remember who was actually in the fight it was that dull, I imagine 3&4 (3 in particular) will be a lot better in the anime, not sure about 5 though.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But does it truly have bad pacing if that problem only exists when viewing it week to week, something that won't be a problem after the arc is over? Like the World Ninja War in Naruto has terrible pacing, and you can still feel that when reading it after its all over. Can't say the same for both the A vs B arc and the Yakuza arc.

Now if the material of both arcs were any good, yeah, that's an entirely different argument.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Summarize my problem

• It has the same issue as the class b arc (and I'm not mad at hiro because shonen is hard, just how it affected the arc) because the author got sick or burnt out or whatever the issue was I forgot and could only manage to do shorter chapters. Which fucks up the pacing of the arcs because events would take longer than they normally would while reading weekly
  • The girls team has one or two fan favorites Uraraka and Tsu or at least very prominent characters, one of the big three and the highest ranking in the team being a top ten who turns into a dragon. What do they do FUCKING NOTHING. You could cut them out and nothing would change and probably be for the better even if it would make the arc a sausage fest. There was even a ninja like possible sidekick to dragon lady that doesn't even get a name.
  • Nighteye quirk is such bullshit or at least the way they handle is such bullshit, I'm a cynical adult sick of some shonen bullshit but don't make a character explicitly can see the future and was never ever wrong but have him be wrong for the sake of hype "power of friendship moments" just have his vision be blurry or whatever
  • Overhaul honestly was a cool idea but I feel like he needed another arc to build him up as a threat before the takedown
  • The Yakuza enemies were really underwhelming
  • Nighteye death would have work a lot better if we got to know him more than we do
  • Deku blood should have been a bigger deal

Add 100% Deku to that, and this is more or less me

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Now that Deku has all those extra quirks we can at least say the real 100% Midoriya will be a lot more powerful than when he fought Chisaki.

Knowing what we know now, I see why Hori gave him 100% early before he gave him more quirks

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
But he didn't really give it to him, he only accessed it because of Eri
I'm saying when he does go 100% he's gonna have what he had against Chisaki AND like six quirks.

At first I thought of it as a sneak peek, but it's really more of a version of Deku we thought we were gonna get before the extra quirk reveal. Now when he goes 100% he'll be the Avatar

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How long off do you think we are to Deku 100% being fully accessible to him? That's his next milestone since he needs to do that before moving on to the other quirks.

My only problem with that is that Deku 100% will easily make him dominate over the rest of the class, yet that's just step 1 of like 6 now for him.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i say not until the end of the manga, deku at 100% this early would mean next to nobody would be a threat to him.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
How long off do you think we are to Deku 100% being fully accessible to him? That's his next milestone since he needs to do that before moving on to the other quirks.

My only problem with that is that Deku 100% will easily make him dominate over the rest of the class, yet that's just step 1 of like 6 now for him.

He will definitely start using the other quirks before he is even near 100%

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Didn't Deku say that he was going to master 100% first before the six other quirks

Well he also doesnt know when thebother quirks will unlock so he said he was going to slow down a bit so he doesnt have another black whip situation where it goes fucking berserk.

Also the other quirks could hurt his body because we know black whip stresses his body also.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I audibly groaned when it looked like Toga was going to face the woman resistance member. I know, the odds of probability, but I can't help thinking of how often thay happens in shounen.

Status
Not open for further replies.