• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I am saying if I could get the manga's future, shit only Hori knows, spoiled I would be fine with that. I'm in this thread a ton lmao
-Bakugo x Camie is canon
-Mineta gets murdered by Stain. Makes what Tomura did to his family look like a picnic. Some Mortal Kombat shit
-Deku is revealed to be telling his story to Mirio, he then becomes the 10th inheritor of One for All
-People rejoice in the streets

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
NSESN sorry for giving you a hard time about the screenshot. I had no idea that was gonna be it. I thought Hawks was gonna actually show up or something. That's my bad.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I am really liking in this season is how they are adding extra things between panels instead of just adapting what is in those panels
For example the Eri scene

This same scene was only 3 panels in the manga
NSESN sorry for giving you a hard time about the screenshot. I had no idea that was gonna be it. I thought Hawks was gonna actually show up or something. That's my bad.
That is fine

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, next chapter we'll be eating fam.

Pun intended. 😎

I still play Teppen(Jill) but I've slowed down a bit
Hah! Excellent pun, my friend. I love it.
Mineta gets murdered by Stain. Makes what Tomura did to his family look like a picnic. Some Mortal Kombat shit
LMAO.
Deku is revealed to be telling his story to Mirio, he then becomes the 10th inheritor of One for All
7WK6wL2.gif

But nah, that would mean Mirio gets it when he's much older now. Not a fan of that idea, whether he's got his quirk back or not. Plus, part of what makes Mirio so amazing, for me, is everything he's able to do without One For All. Where it's all just his ability and effort, entirely.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
One thing I am really liking in this season is how they are adding extra things between panels instead of just adapting what is in those panels
For example the Eri scene

This same scene was only 3 panels in the manga

That is fine

That scene was really well done, the lighting and coloring was so nice, a bit of a shame they made it an after credits scene though.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
7WK6wL2.gif

But nah, that would mean Mirio gets it when he's much older now. Not a fan of that idea, whether he's got his quirk back or not. Plus, part of what makes Mirio so amazing, for me, is everything he's able to do without One For All. Where it's all just his ability and effort, entirely.
Lol I hear you, and that Rock Lee underdog status he has going right now is a big reason I like him too. Just being goofy, haha

While I was mostly joking, I was deathly serious about Camie x Bakugo. Some people want to win the 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi. Some people want to find One Piece. Others want to be Hokage.

I just want Camie x Bakugo big dawg, lulz.

If shipping is the devil as the boy Lotus likes to say
tumblrncstmzs05p1somw7ho1500gif

Anyone else think Bakugo and Todoroki deserve their own gag manga?
I'd love that, but I worry about getting too much of a good thing

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Lol I hear you, and that Rock Lee underdog status he has going right now is a big reason I like him too. Just being goofy, haha

While I was mostly joking, I was deathly serious about Camie x Bakugo. Some people want to win the 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi. Some people want to find One Piece. Others want to be Hokage.

I just want Camie x Bakugo big dawg, lulz.

If shipping is the devil as the boy Lotus likes to say
tumblrncstmzs05p1somw7ho1500gif

I'd love that, but I worry about getting too much of a good thing
Why do you want Camix x Bakugo?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Why do you want Camix x Bakugo?
It was really their interaction during the remedial lessons that did it for me. Her valley girl personality contrasted nicely with Bakugo's no nonsense attitude. I like that she was able to make him laugh and she seemed interested enough in him and Todoroki, but Bakugo was more responsive.

Similar to how Bakugo and Todoroki have hilarious interactions, I think Camie and Bakugo sharing the screen can only lead to good things. Unfortunately, there's no telling when we'll see Camie again

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
It was really their interaction during the remedial lessons that did it for me. Her valley girl personality contrasted nicely with Bakugo's no nonsense attitude. I like that she was able to make him laugh and she seemed interested enough in him and Todoroki, but Bakugo was more responsive.

Similar to how Bakugo and Todoroki have hilarious interactions, I think Camie and Bakugo sharing the screen can only lead to good things. Unfortunately, there's no telling when we'll see Camie again
I see, but to me, she seemed more into Todoroki. Did she show interest in Bakugo?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I see, but to me, she seemed more into Todoroki. Did she show interest in Bakugo?
I don't see it. Other than calling both of them handsome men, she showed more interest in Bakugo to me. They had the same plan when trying to figure out how to get through to the kids, and she said he was a good guy after the lesson was over. In general, she interacted with Bakugo a lot more during that short stint. That's the whole reason it stuck out to me so much.

Also, silly goose, if Hori does pairings Momo/Todoroki is the second safest bet behind Deku/Uraraka

Oct 25, 2017
Guess Horikoshi really loved reading our BakuTodo and BakuTodoMido letters and is giving us the content we wanted.

Beautiful chapter and wonderful things to come.

Endeavour reconfirmed for best hero.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I find funny(tbh I find it sad) that the west loves Mirio but japan doesnt seem to care about him
And I disagree about Hawks, he is nice character but I don't think he is really that universally loved, it is just that his fans are very loud
His fanbase is like Bakugo's but without the loud haterbase to counter it

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
It's impossible to hate Eri but doesn't mean that I want to see her appear more often. Hawks is great every single time he shows up.

My Hero Academia: Season 5 |OT| Hawks will make you believe in Jesus

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hawks is great every single time he shows up.
He is good but it doesnt make me love him like I love characters like Deku, All Might or Mirio, he is a great plot mover but as a person he is in the middle of the pack

Talking about great great written characters but not so likeable characters Endeavor is the top one for me, it might just be because of the recent chapters but I think he is the best written character of the manga

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
He is good but it doesnt make me love him like I love characters like Deku, All Might or Mirio, he is a great plot mover but as a person he is in the middle of the pack

I do love all 3 of those characters and put them above Hawks as well (he's my #4 fav), I know if he was somehow real I would be such a huge fanboy. He's like engineered to be as cool as possible.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
giphy.gif

I would also throw Eri in the mix.

Literally everyone loves Eri.
Oh dude you're right!!!! How could I forget Eri-chan

Brb, going to look up at the sky angrily while it rains
7qP1PTQ.gif

I find funny(tbh I find it sad) that the west loves Mirio but japan doesnt seem to care about him
That's a shame. More greatness for us I guess
It's impossible to hate Eri but doesn't mean that I want to see her appear more often. Hawks is great every single time he shows up.

My Hero Academia: Season 5 |OT| Hawks will make you believe in Jesus
No lie, when Hawks showed up briefly in this week's episode I almost went YOLO and changed the OT to

My Hero Academia: Season 4 |OT| It's a bird! It's a plane! HAWKS!!!

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
A good friend of mine finished season 1 and said he's going to watch it. I'm glad but odd he says he likes Mineta

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Give him time. Some characters age like a fine wine.

Mineta ages like Milk.
Because he legitimately gets worse, the first couple of chapters used him as a background gag and that was the only moment I liked him, bit the second he started to get focus he became horrible, the more he talked the worse he got, it would have been better if he stayed a silent character that only gives a thumbs up to the camera and maybe one line every once in a while

"Favorite Villain?" poll results
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Right. Meant to delete the poll like... a month or two ago. No new poll for now, but here are the final results of the previous poll:

E6c7t41.png

I'm honestly a bit surprised that Gentle beat Twice? He was my pick too, though I assumed people preferred Twice a bit. Both have fantastic backstories and great motivations, in my opinion, and both are relatable to different degrees. I suppose one of the reasons I expected a lower turnout for Gentle was that there's a number of fans who dislike the arc he was featured in. I'm glad to see almost everyone got plenty of votes too, with the exception of Re-Destroy who I'm surprised even got some votes. I added him as an option simply because of his relevance at the time. A few months ago, I don't think much people would've voted for Shigaraki. It's cool that people are liking him more now. I know I certainly like him more now as well.

Finally updated the OP too. New character descriptions, updated the story arcs and official releases, etc.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Because he legitimately gets worse, the first couple of chapters used him as a background gag and that was the only moment I liked him, bit the second he started to get focus he became horrible, the more he talked the worse he got, it would have been better if he stayed a silent character that only gives a thumbs up to the camera and maybe one line every once in a while

Doesn't help that Bones likes to double down on his behavior in the anime, that shot in the last episode where he was staring at Mina's chest was utterly infuriating.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Doesn't help that Bones likes to double down on his behavior in the anime, that shot in the last episode where he was staring at Mina's chest was utterly infuriating.
Dude is a little scumbag. If he suddenly stopped being one out of nowhere then that would be really odd. So as annoying as it is I get why they do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.