• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, that shot was pointless and just had me raising an eyebrow of "Ok, but why?"
The point is to remind people that Mineta is a lazy little scumbag. It's no different than DBZ constantly reminding people Roshi is a perv. Or in Naruto when Jiraiya was constantly trying to do "research". Or Kon from Bleach.

Mineta is the MHA version of that.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna say, the delay is only me even more hyped to Keeping up with Todorokis season 2

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Overall, how do you guys feel about Endeavor getting a redemption arc?
Probably one of my favorite ongoing stories in the series.

I'm also far more interested in it than in the actual main story (Deku becoming the next Symbol of Peace, fighting Shigaraki, etc.), to be honest.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I do feel like the end goal for Endeavor's arc is to be disgraced in public (with probably Dabi airing out his dirty laundry) which will hurt the public's trust in heroes and might be the start of the villain takeover.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I do feel like the end goal for Endeavor's arc is to be disgraced in public (with probably Dabi airing out his dirty laundry) which will hurt the public's trust in heroes and might be the start of the villain takeover.
I'm of pretty much the same thought, I also think he will either die never redeeming himself or die while redeeming himself

I'd actually say at this point in the story Endeavor is more likely to die than All Might

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So far I have liked how the manga has handled the Endeavor plot point. Though I do hope it doesn't go to the death=redemption route.
Pretty much impossible, Endeavor dying would never 100% redeem him because he would never be able to bring the family together. The only way Endeavor is 100% redeemed is if Rei recovers and pardons him, Todoroki and Natsuo also pardon him and he comes clean to the public and the public also pardon him. I dont see a thing like that happening.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much impossible, Endeavor dying would never 100% redeem him because he would never be able to bring the family together. The only way Endeavor is 100% redeemed is if Rei recovers and pardons him, Todoroki and Natsuo also pardon him and he comes clean to the public and the public also pardon him. I dont see a thing like that happening.
What I meant more is that if Endeavor is planned to be killed off, I don't want Rei, Todoroki and Natsuo to pardon him on his death bed.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Overall, how do you guys feel about Endeavor getting a redemption arc?
It's fine, I get why they're going this direction, as it makes him a way more fleshed out and interesting character. I do want him to face either some criminal charges eventually or get publicly outed for it (the latter might actually happen.)

If him and Rei get back together though, I hope they handle that tactfully, though the way Deku and Bakugo's relationship was handled doesn't fill me with confidence.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible to write a woman and her abuser getting back together and have it be somewhat tactful, as it happens in real life occasionally, but you REALLY need to have great writing chops for it not to be disgusting.

So yeah, it's probably impossible. Not expecting that kind of writing on the subject matter to be handled well in a Weekly Shonen Jump manga about a guy who punches things hard, then even harder.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What I meant more is that if Endeavor is planned to be killed off, I don't want Rei, Todoroki and Natsuo to pardon him on his death bed.
I think it is pretty much impossible that all 3 pardon him on his deathbed, specially Todoroki.
I think Todoroki will have conflicted feelings until his final showdown with Dabi

Also calling Shoto by Todoroki is weird in this discussion

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty common trope in media so it's not entirely impossible.
I know, but I don't think it fits in this case. Todoroki isn't a character that will suddenly forget all trauma because his dad died, a dad that is responsible for the trauma to begin with, and with Dabi still around you are sure that what happenned it will still haunt him after Endeavor is gone.
I can see Shoto lying to make Endeavor die in peace but I doubt he will actually forgive what happenned and forget all grudges

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I know, but I don't think it fits in this case. Todoroki isn't a character that will suddenly forget all trauma because his dad died, a dad that is responsible for the trauma to begin with, and with Dabi still around you are sure that what happenned it will still haunt him after Endeavor is gone.
I can see Shoto lying to make Endeavor die in peace but I doubt he will actually forgive what happenned and forget all grudges
I agree with you but the point am trying to cross over is that am not 100% confident in Hori's writing that he will stick the landing, he's doing well so far but I wouldn't be shocked if he would go for that trope to give a quick resolution to that story point.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It is 100% possible that Horikoshi's writing falters somewhere down the line, as unlikely as that may seem to some. Anything can happen.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now since it's a delicate subject and he's handled it well up to this point

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you but the point am trying to cross over is that am not 100% confident in Hori's writing that he will stick the landing, he's doing well so far but I wouldn't be shocked if he would go for that trope to give a quick resolution to that story point.
The thing is that even if the writing falters it wouldn't make sense to give closure to this plotline before Shoto faces Dabi.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Hope everyone had a good Halloween! Spooky season was quiet for me this year, but still good.

Now, time to watch The Faculty
MV5BZTcwZGNiMWYtMTYwNC00MGVjLWI5OTQtODhkZTU4ZDZjOGNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Guaranteed to jack you up

Til next year, Freddy

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The thing is that even if the writing falters it wouldn't make sense to give closure to this plotline before Shoto faces Dabi.
Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it can't happen. If the writing ends up going that bad, it could start to simply not make sense. That's highly unlikely of course, but we shouldn't dismiss the possibility of it happening. If we keep thinking it'll always make sense and/or be good, we could end up disappointed. I don't expect it to go bad, but I'm prepared for the possibility of it going bad.

---

Anyways, important reminder that in the latest Tokyu Hands collaboration merch, Shoto and Momo are working together in the same department. She's his boss.

Also, Happy Halloween! We don't really celebrate it here but it's always a good time to churn out some Halloween-themed art, lol. I used the GiyuShino (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Halloween costumes as inspiration. I wanna color this one day... Just gotta figure out how.

EINuu6hWwAAZWMl

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it can't happen. If the writing ends up going that bad, it could start to simply not make sense. That's highly unlikely of course, but we shouldn't dismiss the possibility of it happening. If we keep thinking it'll always make sense and/or be good, we could end up disappointed. I don't expect it to go bad, but I'm prepared for the possibility of it going bad.
There is so many ifs that it starts to become silly. Endeavor dyeing is an if to begin with
That is why people should wait to things to actually happen to judge

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
There is so many ifs that it starts to become silly. Endeavor dyeing is an if to begin with
That is why people should wait to things to actually happen to judge
That's right, these are all possibilities. Things that can happen with varying probability. I don't think anyone here is judging anything, at least I didn't see any posts doing so. I'm simply saying we shouldn't discount anything from happening.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You're implying people are judging when everyone is speculating. If you're not, then you need to be clearer with your words
We were talking about the writing becoming bad and stopping making sense, this isn't something you can just speculate, you have to actually read to judge.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Which no one here has done, only speculated at the possibility at best.

No one has claimed the writing is bad. Only speculated at the possibility. I don't get where I'm missing you with this.

Speculation isn't judgement. It's not the same.
I didn't say anyone claimed that the writing was bad. I said that to claim such thing you need to read it. Of course people can say that it can happen, but at that point it just becomes a random prediction in my eyes

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fans predicting things? Inconceivable.
As long fans don't take predictions very seriously it isn't a problem. The problem is that it very rarely happens
Like, that's what speculation is.
For me it needs a little bit of reason behind it. Regardless, what a random prediction brings up to the discussion? It ends up being a matter that i believe or I not believe it can happen.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
As long fans don't take predictions very seriously it isn't a problem. The problem is that it very rarely happens

For me it needs a little bit of reason behind it. Regardless, what a random prediction brings up to the discussion? It ends up being a matter that i believe or I not believe it can happen.
If people want to speculate on the series that's their right. How you feel or what you believe about what they choose to bring to the table is irrelevant

We speculate every day in here

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If people want to speculate on the series that's their right. How you feel or what you believe about what they choose to bring to the table is irrelevant

We speculate every day in here
And I still believe having more grounded predictions can benefit people more.
Anyway like you said it is irrelevant, I will continue with a wait and see approach towards the endeavor topic because I believe I will enjoy it better when it actually happens, people will do what they believe is better to do

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
And I still believe having more grounded predictions can benefit people more.
Anyway like you said it is irrelevant, I will continue with a wait and see approach towards the endeavor topic because I believe I will enjoy it better when it actually happens, people will do what they believe is better to do

Good talk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.