• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
As someone whose favorite villain is Dabi I honestly cannot express how excited I am for this.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It ain't happening. Don't let the hype get you.

OhmygoditsfinallyhappenigohmygodthankhouHorikoshi
source.gif
Aww yiss Tace repping Kimetsu! You read the manga yet?
Hells yeah!

I'm not fully caught up, but I'm knee deep in it right now. Y'all weren't kidding.

Yaiba has the juice. It's amazing.

Btw, this was my reaction to episode 19
giphy.gif

Have you read New Mutants or X-Force yet?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I gotta say though getting confirmation on Touya being dead lends a bit help to my "Dabi isn't a Todoroki, but actually some kind of sicko that has a very gross quirk" theory.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Touya ain't dead y'all, strap on for this wild ride I'm about to take you on. We know Touya is a fire Todoroki. But the fire half of the family is all dark haired, and that clear is the white hair of the Ice Todoroki's. You know who else has white hair and has a great command of Ice? Geten, who we recently found out is male. Dabi is unfit for his quirk, as we can see he is slowly burning up. That is because of his great command of his fire quirk, which is blue.
Somehow, someway, I think Dabi=Geten=Touya. Touya has white hair because he had a rare blue flame anomaly quirk, but also because he was an ice user as well. He was the original half and half, but the blue flame mutation was far too uncontrollable and something happened.
The reason Dabi cannot survive his flames is because he is an incomplete clone of Geten, his flame half fully removed. This is why he had a great interest in Dabi's powers and could stand toe to toe with him. Or perhaps he has no recollection of the split and just finds him as a curio. In any case, I do think Dabi and Geten are really two halves of one person.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
With all this Comic, is anyone here reading reading Immortal Hulk or any DC books?
I dropped Nightwing after Dick lost his memory. That was my only DC book. Was thinking about picking up titles with Wally West but then Heroes in Crisis happened :(

I'm mostly a Marvel guy. I get Amazing Spider-Man and assorted satellite titles, and pretty much all of the Dawn of X books.

Immortal Hulk does look sick, though. I'm always down for recommendations

Oh, I have been reading the new Buffy and Angel comics too. Good stuff
STL105608.jpg

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
source.gif

Hells yeah!

I'm not fully caught up, but I'm knee deep in it right now. Y'all weren't kidding.

Yaiba has the juice. It's amazing.

Btw, this was my reaction to episode 19
giphy.gif

Have you read New Mutants or X-Force yet?
Be sure to post in the manga thread when you're caught up! Would love to hear your thoughts on the series. Is Sabito your favorite? Would be a pretty unique choice but a good one nonetheless.

Read New Mutants, of course! Even managed to snag the Artgerm variant. ❤️ Holding off on X-Force but I hear it's pretty good? What did you think of it? I definitely plan on reading it one day since that's where Quentin is, lmao.
Marauders is still so far my favorite of the books
FyjYq3l.png

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Did a new episode air this week or no? Hulu hasn't uploaded it yet.
I just wanna say you have a fantastic avatar. Love that cover so much! Actually contemplated using it as an avatar for a bit, haha.

Also, nope, no new episode. Something about rugby season or some such thing in Japan.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I just wanna say you have a fantastic avatar. Love that cover so much! Actually contemplated using it as an avatar for a bit, haha.

Also, nope, no new episode. Something about rugby season or some such thing in Japan.
Thanks! (for the info and avatar compliment) I figured something like that was happening. Also Magik is my 2nd favorite X-Woman after Queen Emma. ❤

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Be sure to post in the manga thread when you're caught up! Would love to hear your thoughts on the series. Is Sabito your favorite? Would be a pretty unique choice but a good one nonetheless.
Oh, I will! It's not as much to get through as One Piece and I'm rushing to get current. Want to join the conversation lol

I haven't settled on a favorite yet, in a different world it would absolutely be Sabito no question. Tanjiro and Inosuke are up there too!
Read New Mutants, of course! Even managed to snag the Artgerm variant. ❤ Holding off on X-Force but I hear it's pretty good? What did you think of it? I definitely plan on reading it one day since that's where Quentin is, lmao.
Oh shit, you lucky son of a gun! Artgerm hype! X-Force was good. Started off slow and mysterious but it ended with a bang! They are diving into some of the questions we all had about the new status quo

Ah, a Quentin fan! As far as I know I don't think he showed up in issue #1, but I could be mistaken

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I dropped Nightwing after Dick lost his memory. That was my only DC book. Was thinking about picking up titles with Wally West but then Heroes in Crisis happened :(

I'm mostly a Marvel guy. I get Amazing Spider-Man and assorted satellite titles, and pretty much all of the Dawn of X books.

Immortal Hulk does look sick, though. I'm always down for recommendations
Immortal Hulk is probably my favorite current Marvel book and the best take on Hulk since Planet Hulk, I highly recommend it

On the case of DC I too have always been more of a Marvel guy but for a brief moment recently DC had me, I was mainly only reading DC books but then Bendis had to come and ruin everything
Also Magik is my 2nd favorite X-Woman after Queen Emma. ❤

Excellent taste and 100% correct

Last edited:

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Immortal Hulk is probably my favorite current Marvel book and the best take on Hulk since Planet Hulk, I highly recommend it
Say no more fam, I'll add it to the list
On the case of DC I too have always been more of a Marvel guy but for a brief moment recently DC had me, I was mainly only reading DC books but then Bendis had to come and ruin everything
Lmao

I know Bendis gets trashed a lot these days but I'm always gonna be grateful to the man for his masterpiece Ultimate Spider-Man run. Still my favorite comic series period, back when Bendis was firing on all cylinders. I wish I could read them again for the first time.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Say no more fam, I'll add it to the list

Lmao

I know Bendis gets trashed a lot these days but I'm always gonna be grateful to the man for his masterpiece Ultimate Spider-Man run. Still my favorite comic series period, back when Bendis was firing on all cylinders. I wish I could read them again for the first time.
His run on USM and Daredevil was fantastic, he has some good books under his belt I won't deny that but there are just somethings you can't forgive
MOS_4_dylux_Page_20_5b245d5e895922.62550287.jpg

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
With all this Comic, is anyone here reading reading Immortal Hulk or any DC books?

those are the people who speed read past the part where Touya is stated to be a fire user
I stated in my theory in this very page that Touya is a fire user yes, but Fire Todoroki genes give them red hair. Touya in the scans has white, which is an ice Todoroki gene trait. In any case, I know what's up, U ain't pulling theories from my ass, Touya/Geten/Dabi are somehow one and the same, dabi less so as a clone.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We're back with Keeping up with the Todorokis, and it didn't disappoint.

- Alright, I know Bakugo has an extremely low-key tsundere thing going for him, and that Todoroki in comparison is super dense (to the point of it being exaggerated at times), but if someone told me they're not my friend several times, I'd believe them lol

- Lol at Bakugo's much meeker "But why" when he first meets Fuyumi.

- Natsuo didn't disappoint with the awkwardness.

- So Toya's dead after all. Welp, mystery solved, no one ask any more questions! :3

I was just about to post this lmao.
2 speedy.

3fa48a7b6fd3e28f1ee01e4f4b07add5ad9f24fd_hq.gif

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
That panel of Rei and young shoto is fucked.
Hori really doesn't hold back with depicting violence against kids

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
RapidInfiniteAquaticleech-max-1mb.gif

(Me seeing everything starting to come together with the Dabi=Toya theory)

The dinner from Hell chapter! I've been waiting for this!

Lol, massive death flags for Endeavor straight from the jump. His wish to make his family whole again did get me in the feels though. Too bad he was such an ass. His sidekicks continue to be the unsung breakout characters of this arc, I just love how upbeat they are. Stealing Johnny's catchphrase might have something to do with it as well, hehe. I'm excited to see how many level ups the trio gains at the end of this arc.

The main event tho...it was everything I dreamed of. Vintage Bakugo fuming, Deku over analyzing everything, Todoroki being way too polite, it was all perfect. Fuyumi is sister of the year! Natsu...well, I can't blame him for leaving. Talk about an awkward dinner.

Bakugo's outburst at overhearing Todoroki's backstory made me laugh out loud. Dude has no idea how to handle this heavy ass atmosphere. I bet Kacchan and Todoroki do become better friends at the end of this arc though.

So, I'm thinking right as Todoroki is getting ready to talk to Daddy dearest the Dabi=Toya reveal will happen and all hell will break loose. Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Oof this build up is tense. Also I really like Natsu. He's a pretty realistic character.

Also Lol Bakugou. But I understand how he feels. Just trying to eat and drama breaks out all over the place.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Dabi can't be Touya unless the intese flames charred his hair. And again, bow is a flame quirk Todoroki white haired. It just doesn't add up. I dunno if I agree with Shoto forgiving Endeavor either, even if people change. What happened was fucked up and it took him far too long to realise that there are other ways to strive for greatness. Becoming #1 and realizing it after the fact and people forgiving you because the weight of responsibility finally made you become almost sensible is just...wrong. Better than typical shonen villains who are forgiven, but still I would have preferred them staying strictly professional with no reconciliation.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dabi can't be Touya unless the intese flames charred his hair. And again, bow is a flame quirk Todoroki white haired. It just doesn't add up. I dunno if I agree with Shoto forgiving Endeavor either, even if people change. What happened was fucked up and it took him far too long to realise that there are other ways to strive for greatness. Becoming #1 and realizing it after the fact and people forgiving you because the weight of responsibility finally made you become almost sensible is just...wrong. Better than typical shonen villains who are forgiven, but still I would have preferred them staying strictly professional with no reconciliation.

It can be makeup, wasn't Dabi introduced near a shop that sold that stuff?

Seeing he was supposedly "gone" when he was a child, it makes even more sense that it's him. Explains why nobody has recognized him from his encounters.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So Touya is presumed dead like I expected. I wonder if Endeavor will die or if just his crimes will be exposed or both. I feel like the second is more likely cause then Endeavor will actually have to deal with the ramifications of his actions.

Oct 25, 2017
That panel of Rei and Shouto 😔

I liked the part with Endev thinking of them happy without him. His concern should just be on getting to that point and nothing else.

Touya....Hmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.