• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Woop, woop!

I wasn't thinking that specifically. Just seeing Endeavor put the "ending" down will remind everyone of just how violent and aggressive he can be.
Ah, true. This could be the case too. I'm curious whether this is the path he'll take or if he'll hold back... This is Endeavor though, so I'm sure he'll find a way to do this efficiently, but his emotions are definitely not in a good place right now. He's thinking a lot about his relationship with his family and how they lost Toya, supposedly because of him. Now his other son might die because of him as well. This is almost definitely how the trio will "beat" Endeavor, but what Endeavor does is what I'm most looking forward to.

But man... Looking at the chapter again, it really looks like Endeavor's about to snap, huh? Maybe he'll lose control. Sure hope not.
Edit:
unknown.png
I noticed this too! I wonder how it'll play into the story, I hope it isn't going to be a throwaway thing.
Yeah after this chapter I can't say I'm a fan of Fuyumi, Rei and Natsu are dealing with the death of a Sibling/Son, they have every right to and really Should hate Endeavor for life, I know she wants the best for her family but it comes off as dismissive and forceful how she wants everyone to "get over it"

And I really hope Natsu doesn't start forgiving him after he gets saved, that'll probably ruin the whole arc for me
I still generally like Fuyumi, but yeah, I'm not exactly a fan of what she's been pushing so hard for. I do understand of course, and I sympathize with her but it does come off as dismissive. It's also kind of weird seeing her say she feels the same way when it's never seemed that way? I agree as well regarding Natsuo. It would feel really cheap if he just changes his tune because of this. It's still only the side of the hero, not the father.
Endeavor knows his son died by being burned.
FYI, we have no details on what caused Toya's supposed death. All we know now is that he "died" around the time after Rei was sent to the hospital. It can be assumed he died via fire, but it's not confirmed yet.
OH HEY I RECOGNIZE THAT! I watched this as a kid but I can't remember the title...
Bakugo asking for the recipe from Fuyumi was cute
So true. Loved this little bit, haha.
The chaffeur is awesome! Hope to see more of him
True too.
You...you met Artgerm? I'm so jelly lol.

I really want you to get into Buffy and Angel! I think you would love it. Is there no way you can watch it legally? Hmmm...

Wow, didn't realize you liked Quentin so much. I have not had a lot of experience with the character, I need to change that. I was not impressed with Marauders #1, but maybe #2 will change my mind. X-men #2 was awesome though, Summers family sheaningans? Sign me the fuck up

Also, my Top 5 X-men
1.Cyclops
2. Nightcrawler
3. Wolverine
4. Rogue
5. Shadowcat
Unfortunately, yeah... No way to watch as far as I know.

I highly recommend Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men! It's such a fun run and one I really hold close to my heart.

Nice top 5 list, dude! Mine's something like this:

1. Iceman
2. Magik
3. Wolverine
4. Quentin
5. Emma/Kitty

Hard to pick between Emma and Kitty, they're both awesome. Scott's probably #7!
Does Iida even qualify as a main character anymore? When was the last time he was relevant? Shame cuz I like him
I wish he did, but the more time passes the more it seems he's not anymore. It really sucks cause yeah, I liked him a lot too. I miss the early times when he, Deku, and Uraraka were hanging out together fairly often. I was very happy to see him have a moment during the joint training arc. That was awesome.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, didn't realize you liked Quentin so much. I have not had a lot of experience with the character, I need to change that. I was not impressed with Marauders #1, but maybe #2 will change my mind. X-men #2 was awesome though, Summers family sheaningans? Sign me the fuck up

Also, my Top 5 X-men
1.Cyclops
2. Nightcrawler
3. Wolverine
4. Rogue
5. Shadowcat
Nice list, I have
1. Cable
2. Nightcrawler
3. Emma
4. Magik
5. X-23
As my top 5, although that list does often changes alot for me, I used to have Beast as my number 1 but the way they have been writing him since he started hating Cyclops, it just ruined the character for me

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Also, just remembered its weird that Mt Lady has the hots for Todoroki
Woop, woop!

Ah, true. This could be the case too. I'm curious whether this is the path he'll take or if he'll hold back... This is Endeavor though, so I'm sure he'll find a way to do this efficiently, but his emotions are definitely not in a good place right now. He's thinking a lot about his relationship with his family and how they lost Toya, supposedly because of him. Now his other son might die because of him as well. This is almost definitely how the trio will "beat" Endeavor, but what Endeavor does is what I'm most looking forward to.

But man... Looking at the chapter again, it really looks like Endeavor's about to snap, huh? Maybe he'll lose control. Sure hope not.

I noticed this too! I wonder how it'll play into the story, I hope it isn't going to be a throwaway thing.

I still generally like Fuyumi, but yeah, I'm not exactly a fan of what she's been pushing so hard for. I do understand of course, and I sympathize with her but it does come off as dismissive. It's also kind of weird seeing her say she feels the same way when it's never seemed that way? I agree as well regarding Natsuo. It would feel really cheap if he just changes his tune because of this. It's still only the side of the hero, not the father.

FYI, we have no details on what caused Toya's supposed death. All we know now is that he "died" around the time after Rei was sent to the hospital. It can be assumed he died via fire, but it's not confirmed yet.

OH HEY I RECOGNIZE THAT! I watched this as a kid but I can't remember the title...

True too.

I highly recommend Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men! It's such a fun run and one I really hold close to my heart.

1. Iceman
2. Magik
3. Wolverine
4. Quentin
5. Emma/Kitty

I wish he did, but the more time passes the more it seems he's not anymore. It really sucks cause yeah, I liked him a lot too. I miss the early times when he, Deku, and Uraraka were hanging out together fairly often. I was very happy to see him have a moment during the joint training arc. That was awesome.

Top 5 for me are:
1. Wolverine
2.Cyclops
3. Shadowcat
4. Nightcrawler/Gambit
5.X-23

Last edited:

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
...that's the voice they chose for Fatgum? come on. The dude is at least 8 feet tall and massively fat, he shouldn't have a regular-joe kinda voice.

Oct 25, 2017
Then send a PM?
It is just a comment, I didnt even quote you.
You see this shit right here that you doing? This is exactly why half this thread goes back and forth with you almost every day. You inserted yourself into the joke and decide to be a jerk about it than wanna be confused. You don't dictate what's posted in this thread and you don't and you didn't need to quote me when it was clear as day what you was talking bout
Glad you liked it. It was really cool.

tenor.gif
Where them gifs at tho

Oct 25, 2017
Dude you are the one that wants to make every thread about you and your squads and posting your unrelated gifs
Like I get it, you only care about Kirishima, but that thread is an open for everyone not just you and your "mates"
We can continue here there was no need to hop in my dms. You decided you wanted to be apart of the conversation so don't be private now

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't even say anything negative I don't see why it was an issue for him to drop in and make a joke about no one telling him

Why can't we all just be friends

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yutapon showing up for the most random scenes in MHA continues to be pretty funny. Dude just shows up, does 10 seconds of amazing animation, and the bounces.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yutapon showing up for the most random scenes in MHA continues to be pretty funny. Dude just shows up, does 10 seconds of amazing animation, and the bounces.
I think it is pretty possible that he just chooses what scene he will do at this point, iirc he also did a Shoto scene in S2 just because he liked the character

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is pretty possible that he just chooses what scene he will do at this point, iirc he also did a Shoto scene in S2 just because he liked the character
He does get to choose which scene he works on. It can be a little disappointing when you want him to be on the big moments, but his work is always amazing so you can't complain too much

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
He does get to choose which scene he works on. It can be a little disappointing when you want him to be on the big moments, but his work is always amazing so you can't complain too much
I think that is ok because there are plenty of other talented artists that can do those big moments even if they arent as unique as Yutapon

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I have dudes repairing a pipe leak in my house so it's too loud to watch the episode but glad to see Red Riot Unbreakable happen

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

True too.

1. Iceman
2. Magik
3. Wolverine
4. Quentin
5. Emma/Kitty

The gif is from a show called Mummies Alive. Liked it as a kid, not sure how it holds up now. Not sure if you have a VPN or not but if you can get access to Hulu I would totally share my password with you so you could watch Buffy/Angel.

Was Aaron's run the one from around 2010-2012 or so? I'll add it to the list! Speaking of lists, nice top 5.
Nice list, I have
1. Cable
2. Nightcrawler
3. Emma
4. Magik
5. X-23
As my top 5, although that list does often changes alot for me, I used to have Beast as my number 1 but the way they have been writing him since he started hating Cyclops, it just ruined the character for me
Nice list! agree about Beast, I liked him quite a bit til he jumped on the Cyclops hate train. Can't stand him these days
Also, just remembered its weird that Mt Lady has the hots for Todoroki

Top 5 for me are:
1. Wolverine
2.Cyclops
3. Shadowcat
4. Nightcrawler/Gambit
5.X-23
Righteous. X-23 is cool!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna see a scene that really justifies Nejire's position on the Big 3: Mirio is the technician, Suneater is the creative one, Nejire is the powerhouse. Gimme that juice.
I dont think a scene is needed to justify her position at all, she needs more focus because she is part of the big 3 not because she needs that to be justified as one.
Like it isnt like we dont know that is capable, we know what she did in the raid, what is need is to actually show what happenned instead of skipping it.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think a scene is needed to justify her position at all, she needs more focus because she is part of the big 3 not because she needs that to be justified as one.
Like it isnt like we dont know that is capable, we know what she did in the raid, what is need is to actually show what happenned instead of skipping it.
Hmm, yeah, that's a better way to put it. I want to see, like, *extensive visual confirmation* that she's on that tier.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Also I can I say Endevours memory is fucking on point. He remembers a random assault case he closed 7 years ago? Between this and the flowers he remembers for his wife I wonder if Endevour has a photographic memory

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also I know people love to praise Yutaka Nakamura, with reason, but we must praise Uda Sakiko too, she did Deku x Muscular before and now she did the Unbreakable scene really well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Just a thought, but regardless of whether Toya is Dabi or not, we do know for a fact that he had a flame quirk like Endeavor, one that was stronger than Hellflame. Despite the quirk, he still had white hair. This makes sense given what's been said about his body being incompatible with his quirk. So essentially, his body is for an ice user (hence the white hair and being apparently weak against his own flames) while his quirk is a fire user's.

Shoto is really the perfect merging of the two: his body is compatible to both heat and cold and his quirk is exactly that. Toya had the terrible misfortune of having a twisted mix of that instead.
The gif is from a show called Mummies Alive. Liked it as a kid, not sure how it holds up now. Not sure if you have a VPN or not but if you can get access to Hulu I would totally share my password with you so you could watch Buffy/Angel.

Was Aaron's run the one from around 2010-2012 or so? I'll add it to the list! Speaking of lists, nice top 5.
Aww, thanks man, I really appreciate that. Unfortunately I don't have a VPN. Though I have been considering getting one...

And yup! It's the 2011 series. That, alongside Thor: God of Thunder, made Jason Aaron one of my favorite comics writers. His work's really good and a ton of fun, with Thor having some especially cool stuff.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
giphy.gif

Love that we got some more backstory on Touya. Natsu was closest to him, huh? I bet that will come up again. I like that whatever happened to Touya happened around the time Shoto got his scar. There's more story there, and with Natsu blaming Daddy Dearest for Touya's death it wouldn't surprise me if Touya confronted Enji after Shoto was burned and shit popped off. No doubt that whenever the Dabi=Touya reveal happens, the family will be involved.

As far as the Fuyumi thing, its complex. She sees her Dad is earnestly trying to improve his relationship with his family and I think she is responding to that. At the same time, I do think if Natsu wants to say fuck his dad for all the shit he put them through, that's his right. I know if I was in Natsu and Shoto's shoes I would not be so eager to forgive Endeavor either. I really hope Natsu does not do a complete 180 on his dad after he gets saved. He still has not earned that yet, but I think Hori knows that.

-Bakugo asking for the recipe from Fuyumi was cute
-The chaffeur is awesome! Hope to see more of him
-The art, as usual, was on point this week
-I'm surprised a Mummy villain hadn't appeared before this tbh

Will Endeavor or the trio get to Natsu first? Will he be saved at all? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!

You...you met Artgerm? I'm so jelly lol.

I really want you to get into Buffy and Angel! I think you would love it. Is there no way you can watch it legally? Hmmm...

Also, my Top 5 X-men
1.Cyclops
2. Nightcrawler
3. Wolverine
4. Rogue
5. Shadowcat

Most of the evidence points to Dabi=Touya. Not saying it is 100%, but I have seen nothing to convince me that is not the case. Feels more like people don't want him to be Touya just for subversion's sake. If Dabi is gonna end up hating Endeavor regardless, having him not be Touya or just some impersonator makes it needlessly complex and a much worse storyline imo. Especially considering the end result would be the same either way.
Where is that mummy from, I swear i saw that cartoon as a kid.
Does Iida even qualify as a main character anymore? When was the last time he was relevant? Shame cuz I like him
Iida is basically the Rock Lee of MHA at this point. Damn shame too, cause his powers are pretty kcikass as well as the whole dynamic of his family.

Chapter 250 was yet another slow burner, I wonder when this arc is gonna pop. Cause when it does its probably gonna do so in a big way, all this building feels like something momentous is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.