• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
So MHA had yet another year where it sold over 5M, this time without anime boosts and with one volume less. That is the 4th year in a row btw. With the 4th season and perhaps the big arc against MLA soon maybe it is possible that it will beat 2018's numbers
Unlikely and too late considering all might fight was/still is considered biggest event in heroaca among folks. Cant imagine any upcoming content would inspire people who dont own heroaca to suddenly buy it.

Would pin more hopes on an eventual heroaca movie inspiring folks to buy the manga similar to that one one piece movie's immense effect on sparking new one piece manga buyers.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Unlikely and too late considering all might fight was/still is considered biggest event in heroaca among folks. Cant imagine any upcoming content would inspire people who dont own heroaca to suddenly buy it.

Would pin more hopes on an eventual heroaca movie inspiring folks to buy the manga similar to that one one piece movie's immense effect on sparking new one piece manga buyers.
I dunno why you had to reply to me this when I said it is maybe possible. We don't know nothing of how the arc against the army will go so everything you here is meaningless. This season also has been much better than S3 so far so if it does right on key moments I dunno why it shouldnt provide a boost

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

If Hirokoshi does end up killing off one of the members of Class 1A during the Big Invasion and Destruction of Hero Society Arc i think it will be Kirishirama fighting Gigantomacha to the bitter end

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Oh hell no, he better not kill off ma boi.
I feel like if we do get the Invasion Arc which we know is going to happen, it's going to be the Marineford of MHA, loss and plenty of death and "shocking" twists. Of course All-Might,Endeavour and Hawks are the big ones but i feel like someone from Class 1A could die and in my opinion it has to be Kishirama, not only is he an important charcter in 1A but we know he's going to eventually fight Gigantomachia would complete his arc and i feel saving others, beating Gigantomachia with the help of Bakugou and the others but dying from his injuries would be a fitting way for him to go

Stop spoiling theories
My bad.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Just wanted to pop in and say that I hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving had a good one!

Currently semi-comotose from food myself lol

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit that was handled way better than I expected. Fuuuck. I love Todoroki Family Drama so much.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I'm still wish this encounter had gone differently but Hori did great with the execution, as usual.
it seems to me that the most likely way Touya's 'death" went down was that he was either pushed directly or inspired by endeavor to try and use flashfire. It backfired and burned him terribly.

Phew, at least I don't have to worry about Fuyumi getting caught in the crossfire of the villains attacking Endeavor at home anymore.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Bruh

Dabi is gonna be Toya and he's gonna kill the fuck out of Endeavor. Todoroki drama comes in clutch once again lmao, delivers almost as much as the League only chapters. Also it feels like Horikoshi is definitely aware of the fanbase that thinks that Endeavor can do nothing to redeem himself. I've never really made any real opinions on how I feel about Endeavor but this was a really interesting chapter for him.

also bakugou's hero name likely was inspired by Best Jeanist, which is being saved for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good chapter, but man this arc has been so boring overall, especially if it's about to end like this.

Anyways, I'm glad:

- Natsuo didn't forgive him over that villain we'll promptly forget about
- Someone actually acknowledged Fuyumi's obsession with the idea of a family
- Rei has a path back into their lives that cleanly avoids her ever having to live with Endeavor (Although I dunno about living in a house your abuser built/paid for, but whatever...)

Todoroki drama continues to be the one consistent thing I can look forward to at least.

Honestly forgot Bakugo still wanted a hero name. It's cute that he wants to tell it to Best Jeanist first. Hope whatever it is, the name doesn't, well, suck.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Hawks and Endeavor out here really trying to see who can get the most death flags before they finally bite the big one.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
giphy.gif

(Endeavor is totally heading for something similar)

Endeavor really needed this arc. While initially I wanted to dive right into the League and/or Toya stuff, this deeper dive into Endeavor and his family was the good stuff. While I do still wish the other internships had gotten touched on, the training was really just a set up for Todoroki family drama. Plus we might still see what they were up to next chapter.

-Enjoyed Bakugo a lot this chapter, no surprises there. His awkwardness at Endeavor's humbleness was funny, and I love the build up we are getting with his hero name. I really wonder if a confrontation with Bakugo and Hawks is coming. He might take it upon himself to find Best Jeanist and Hawks could get ordered to take him out. What an interesting scenario that could be! I hope the Best Jeanist situation is where Hori is heading next

-I'm ok with Endeavor's plan, all things considered. He is being really reasonable. Another reason he's on the chopping block

Where we will head next? Villains? Heroes?! Vigilantes?!?! Find out next time on My Hero Academia!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I like this chapter as well. Nice conclusion to this mini-arc

Part of me wants to see the other kids training, and the other part wants to move on to the heroes vs villains war.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
The shading on Endeavor and Natsuo's faces was super nice too. Did a good job heightening the emotion of the scene.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still wish this encounter had gone differently but Hori did great with the execution, as usual.
it seems to me that the most likely way Touya's 'death" went down was that he was either pushed directly or inspired by endeavor to try and use flashfire. It backfired and burned him terribly.

Phew, at least I don't have to worry about Fuyumi getting caught in the crossfire of the villains attacking Endeavor at home anymore.

Watch it end up as the villains instead attack the new house and endeavour is wrecked with survivor guilt as Fuyumi, Natsuo and Rei are killed because he wasn't there to protect them.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Watch it end up as the villains instead attack the new house and endeavour is wrecked with survivor guilt as Fuyumi, Natsuo and Rei are killed because he wasn't there to protect them.
I think that's a bit too brutal, even for Hori's recent standards lmao.
Besides, there's been too much suffering because of Endeavor already.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Has Hori been reading comments about endeavor because this chapter pretty much addresses every ones concerns regarding Endeavour

Oct 25, 2017
This was a good chapter. That "I keep having a dream" line just hits right. It captures all of what Endev is trying to do and needs to do.

Bakugo wanting to tell BJ first is a nice touch.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to be honest I don't know where to rank this arc, it set up some exciting things at the start but I was disappointed we didn't get any big story progression and reading I felt bored overall reading it.

Though I'll admit the character writing in this arc is the best it's ever been but it did do another Dabi/Touya tease without giving any confirmation or backstory for like the fourth time so going to have to rank this arc on the lower end

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Has Hori been reading comments about endeavor because this chapter pretty much addresses every ones concerns regarding Endeavour

he has consistently done this too. Every worry people have seems to get addressed or not come true.

Also man what a tease for Bakugo. I wonder who he wants to tell his Hero name to? All Might maybe?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Endeavor is gonna bite the dust once everyone has left the estate, I guarantee it. Dabi will find out that his mother is safe and away from him, as well as his siblings, and as Endeavor laments his empty house Dabi comes to him in the night and they duke it out over Toya's shrine. Hawks might bite it too, or get severely injured. Bakugo is likely gonna find out he "killed" Jeanist and go berserk on his ass.

Ebnas

May 15, 2019
Fantastic resolution. It was the most mature, empathetic decision Endeavor could have made in his situation.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh wow, amazing chapter!

I've never thought, that i

would feel sad that Endevaor would've to die, but here we are...

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I really like this conclusion, better than the majority of the fan theories and speculations. Endeavor has been written really well. Kind of make me wish that Horikoshi writes a seinen/drama series after he is done with MHA
He's been writing an atonement, not redemption, arc for Endeavor from the beginning and I've pointed as much out on other forums (and possibly here as well).
I pointed this as well in the chapter with the dinner

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada

This is what I was thinking as I was reading the chapter lol

It essentially covers all the points I brought up a couple of weeks ago so I'm relieved. I especially liked how Horikoshi turned Deku's advice on it's head and revealed a different, more mature way of looking at it....which is what I wanted someone to point out within a chapter!

But I'm not sure what to think of all the obvious death flags for Endeavor. Him dying seems like an easy way out almost, I'd like to see him continue to try to grow.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I can understand for people that want more action that this arc can be boring, but I really like it. It is more drama focused, starting with Endeavor learning about the impending doom aproaching and Hawks pushing himself further and further in the mess. And then it shows Endeavor struggles with his personal life and it uses the villain to both develop the trio under his tutelage and make him reach a conclusion with what he should do to make his family happier. From a writing standpoint it might be the best one yet in MHA and it makes me think a lot of western hero comics.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So, any ideas for the arc after this?
They mentioned the Final Exams so that should be next
This is what I was thinking as I was reading the chapter lol

It essentially covers all the points I brought up a couple of weeks ago so I'm relieved. I especially liked how Horikoshi turned Deku's advice on it's head and revealed a different, more mature way of looking at it....which is what I wanted someone to point out within a chapter!

But I'm not sure what to think of all the obvious death flags for Endeavor. Him dying seems like an easy way out almost, I'd like to see him continue to try to grow.
Endeavor witnessing the fall of Hero society by something he created would be the perfect next step for his character but his seems to be pretty set in stone, that being said I don't think him dying would be a cop out as long as it's done in more like a tragic tale of a man dying because of his past sins instead of a hero going out in a blaze of hero

Status
Not open for further replies.