• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Endeavor getting outed changes nothing for his family, I feel only want that because they dislike Endeavor and dont really care about the consequences for his family.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I'm going to be honest I don't know where to rank this arc, it set up some exciting things at the start but I was disappointed we didn't get any big story progression and reading I felt bored overall reading it.

Though I'll admit the character writing in this arc is the best it's ever been but it did do another Dabi/Touya tease without giving any confirmation or backstory for like the fourth time so going to have to rank this arc on the lower end

I'm gonna be honest, I think Dabi isn't Touya because while Hori plays the long game alot he usually doesn't tease this hard. So I think that Dabi isn't touya

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
People want it because it would be good for the story

But it really wouldn't at all. The story is already pretty cool watching this interfamily drama. So now you drag in the public and the media in this when we already got a mess on the horizon? Fuck all of that. Also people want him to retire when is literally the biggest gun we have against the onslaught on the horizon are equally weird to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Same arc would be fine I guess, unless it's like the kind of thing where he barely gets any time to address it.

After death would feel pretty whatever though
I'm thinking it'll happen beginning of a arc and he'll kick the bucket that exact same arc and that is corny. Hopefully it happens we see those results a goo arc or two than he can go

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It depends on how it is done, but I feel that sacrificing the storyline of his struggles to improve the life of his family so it can have more reasons for the fall of the hero society can be a waste.
If Horikoshi can somehow make that him getting outed doesnt mean that he trying to atone for his family is over I agree that it would be good for the story

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Like, let me put my point about this arc "teasing" Touya/Dabi stuff in other terms:

What part, exactly, hinted towards Dabi being involved in this arc that didn't require you to already assume Dabi is Touya?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

This, it's a fictional story, and I feel like it's the most interesting route to take. Would forever feel like a missed opportunity otherwise.

I'm thinking it'll happen beginning of a arc and he'll kick the bucket that exact same arc and that is corny. Hopefully it happens we see those results a goo arc or two than he can go

It wouldn't be ideal, but I'd accept that compromise if it came to that. Though yea, if it's gonna happen, preferably give Endeavor some space to tackle the full brunt of him getting outed.

Like, let me put my point about this arc "teasing" Touya/Dabi stuff in other terms:

What part, exactly, hinted towards Dabi being involved in this arc that didn't require you to already assume Dabi is Touya?

I'm not one of y'all who was hoping Dabi would crash dinner or whatever lol, I'm just tired of the constant teasing is all.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand the logic behind Natsuo possibly not talking to Endeavor ever again if the latter saved him. Does that make sense to everyone or is that possibly a translation error?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand the logic behind Natsuo possibly not talking to Endeavor ever again if the latter saved him. Does that make sense to everyone or is that possibly a translation error?
Makes sense, Nastu didn't want to be saved by Endeavor, Nastu being saved by someone you despise and never want to think about could just lead to Nastu forever avoiding Endeavor so he hesitated and let the kids save him

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I guess he figured that Natsuo would really fucking hate the fact that his abusive father saved him, and would further go out of his way to avoid speaking to him.

I guess I can see that logic, though it's definitely not the reasoning I thought had Endeavor hesitate...

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one of y'all who was hoping Dabi would crash dinner or whatever lol, I'm just tired of the constant teasing is all
But I repeat:
The arc in no way indicated Dabi would have anything to do with it. The only way you could think it was teasing that at all is starting with the assumption that Dabi is Touya. Otherwise the arc had nothing to do with Dabi and in no way teased him being involved.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But I repeat:

The arc in no way indicated Dabi would have anything to do with it. The only way you could think it was teasing that at all is starting with the assumption that Dabi is Touya. Otherwise the arc had nothing to do with Dabi and in no way teased him being involved.

I really don't wanna get into this again lol, if you don't think it's him that's fine

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't wanna get into this again lol, if you don't think it's him that's fine
The point of my original post is that the person I originally responded to deciding the arc got a lower grade for "teasing" that "reveal" doesn't make sense unless you're approaching the arc with the assumption that Dabi is Touya in the first place. Which isn't really the arc's fault.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The point of my original post is that the person I originally responded to deciding the arc got a lower grade for "teasing" that "reveal" doesn't make sense unless you're approaching the arc with the assumption that Dabi is Touya in the first place. Which isn't really the arc's fault.

I don't blame anyone for being annoyed that potentially yet another Endeavor/Todoroki focused arc comes and goes without confirming whether or not people are right.

And saying that it's on them for assuming Dabi would be involved is not a great argument anyhow. It's not like that stopped Dabi from suddenly showing up outta nowhere the end of the Pro Hero arc.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The traitor makes no sense to be revealed this soon. It needs be at a point where it can cause major drama
But does changes things for Hero society
I think there are enough chickes in the oven for this plotline. I think the whole Endeavor stuff needs more development before talking about he needs to be outed or not. Rei wasnt even released yet.
This arc does nothing for me unless Endeavor gets outed. The quicker it's in the rear view, the better.
People need to understand that this stuff isnt for the viewers pleasure. If Horikoshi wanted he could god for the easy route and just make Endeavor go to jail after the sports festival arc and everyone would like that. Instead he is trying to go for a more complex plotline that is more divisive, but, if done well, will contribute a lot more for the series.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

It was a bit odd, I assume the latter?, problem is some of Caleb's translations have been a bit off lately so we may not get a definitive answer come Sunday.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man, should Endavor die, things will really get ugly for the Hero society.

The next in line is a triple agent and even without that, I don't see anyone else being as powerful as Endavor is. While him chasing behind All Might did not close the gap between them, it definitely created a noticeable gap between him and the following heroes.

If Endeavor dies, things are really going to go south.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
deku might be the least compelling protag in a shonen i've read lmao, arc after arc horikoshi just keeps making him look terrible.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
deku might be the least compelling protag in a shonen i've read lmao, arc after arc horikoshi just keeps making him look terrible.
I don't know how you can say he was terrible this arc when he really didn't do anything offensive like Bakugo yelling every ten seconds, the arc focused on Endeavor and Deku gave him some good interactions showing how good of a teacher Endeavor is

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
This is what confirmation bias looks like, though. Like I said about this very arc: If you didn't already believe Dabi was Touya, what in this arc was teasing anything related to that?
Other arcs teased Touya being Dabi, this arc teased Touya backstory which most people relate with Dabi, the storyline was teased

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Young Touya looks a lot like Dabi
Different hair texture, different chin shape. Similar eye shape, though Dabi's are drawn angular while Toya's are rounded. They look a lot alike if you're looking for them to.
Other arcs teased Touya being Dabi, this arc teased Touya backstory which most people relate with Dabi, the storyline was teased
This is literally saying this arc is teasing it because you already assume Dabi is Toya.

Status
Not open for further replies.