• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I like him well enough but he doesn't really have much beyond being a really good boy, Deku is similar to Tanjiro but he has more negative traits he has to grow from which actually makes me like him more, Tanjiro is a character that had his shit figured out early on so he ends up feeling more like a static character
That makes sense, fair enough. For me the execution on Tanjiro's character has been so good it hasn't felt static, though I do get how you could feel that way. His temper is the only negative trait I think he has

Also, this is random, but are you familiar with Sean from Street Fighter?
It's ya fault. Repent by wearing ya old avatar again
Lol which one?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Have you heard any of the remixes from his São Paulo theme? I've been jamming on them for awhile and I remember you said you were from Brazil. Thought you might like it

And a bonus Makoto silky suave track

I said I was from Cuba not Brazil though I do love his theme and played a bit of Sean back in the day, in general I really do love Capcom music and fighters, it's just a shame they there most recent fighters have been trash

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I said I was from Cuba not Brazil though I do love his theme and played a bit of Sean back in the day, in general I really do love Capcom music and fighters, it's just a shame they there most recent fighters have been trash
Ah my bad Alexi! Must've gotten my wires mixed. I'm in the same boat, love Capcom to death but was really unhappy with SFV despite loving things about it. Marvel Infinite turned out to be a joke too. Still can't believe I bought both full price with the season passes

Sucker for Capcom

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
2. Magical? I don't agree that these other MC's had some magical influence over their cast that Deku doesn't. The same stuff happens. They fight, words are exchanged, and they are changed through the MC's interactions. These other series have slow burns, or did you forget Naruto and Sasuke or how long it took for Vegeta to acknowledge Goku? This isn't unique to MHA man
I dont like how Naruto and Sasuke was solved (seriously, there is even a meme with Sasuke saying sorry) and Vegeta didnt change because of Goku imo, he changed because of his family.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I dont like how Naruto and Sasuke was solved (seriously, there is even a meme with Sasuke saying sorry) and Vegeta didnt change because of Goku imo, he changed because of his family.
I don't like how it was solved either, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a slow burn. Disagree about Goku not helping Vegeta change. His family was important, but Goku showed Vegeta a different was possible and valid. He was the foundation for everything imo

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Ah my bad Alexi! Must've gotten my wires mixed. I'm in the same boat, love Capcom to death but was really unhappy with SFV despite loving things about it. Marvel Infinite turned out to be a joke too. Still can't believe I bought both full price with the season passes

Sucker for Capcom
Lucky for me I got Infinite for free through Xbox Gamepass, the gameplay was top notch but that was sadly the only thing they got right
SFV on the other hand I bought that piss poor game at launch, got disappointed by the lack of everything, dropped it for couple months and whenever I tried to get back into it I'd quickly get reminded how much that game is Free 2 play trash, I didn't have the time to grind for fight money and there ended up being too many characters to buy, fighting games in general have been going the wrong direction for me, more fighting games are going the direction of slow pace footsie instead of the fast pace combo heavy style of games like UMvC3 and KI

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tanjiro is great and I probably like him more than current Deku, though I don't think it's a fair comparison either. Tanjiro has recency bias and I wouldn't say he has reached the peaks of Deku (Sports Festival and Muscular fight) either. As someone who has just seen the Kimetsu anime.

Oct 25, 2017
Tanjiro is great and I probably like him more than current Deku, though I don't think it's a fair comparison either. Tanjiro has recency bias and I wouldn't say he has reached the peaks of Deku (Sports Festival and Muscular fight) either. As someone who has just seen the Kimetsu anime.
Recency bias...o come on THIS is why I said don't do it Tace it never ends well to bring another comparison of another show or another character in a different show thread. It never ends well. The conversation was about deku we should've kept it deku

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Culture Festival Deku is probably my favorite, not as intense as sports festival or the camp arc but has very good chill moments like when he is fired from the dancing team.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Lucky for me I got Infinite for free through Xbox Gamepass, the gameplay was top notch but that was sadly the only thing they got right
SFV on the other hand I bought that piss poor game at launch, got disappointed by the lack of everything, dropped it for couple months and whenever I tried to get back into it I'd quickly get reminded how much that game is Free 2 play trash, I didn't have the time to grind for fight money and there ended up being too many characters to buy, fighting games in general have been going the wrong direction for me, more fighting games are going the direction of slow pace footsie instead of the fast pace combo heavy style of games like UMvC3 and KI
Yeah I hear you. I am thinking about trying again with SFV Champion edition depending on what people are saying about it
Recency bias...o come on THIS is why I said don't do it Tace it never ends well to bring another comparison of another show or another character in a different show thread. It never ends well. The conversation was about deku we should've kept it deku
Lol it's fine bro. He did say he's only seen the anime. There's no recency bias on my end, though I can't speak for everyone

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
But it is recency bias for me? I've only seen the anime for the first time a couple weeks ago, while I've been reading MHA since the beginning.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Makes sense, Nastu didn't want to be saved by Endeavor, Nastu being saved by someone you despise and never want to think about could just lead to Nastu forever avoiding Endeavor so he hesitated and let the kids save him
I guess he figured that Natsuo would really fucking hate the fact that his abusive father saved him, and would further go out of his way to avoid speaking to him.

I guess I can see that logic, though it's definitely not the reasoning I thought had Endeavor hesitate...
Owing your life to someone you justly hate is torturous.
Ahh, this makes sense. Thanks!
It was a bit odd, I assume the latter?, problem is some of Caleb's translations have been a bit off lately so we may not get a definitive answer come Sunday.
Hopefully it'll be clear this time. I love all the Todoroki family drama and this particular development's really important and interesting so I'd like to know as best as possible, haha.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Well I really liked this chapter and arc as a whole. Good for set up and pushing characters forward. Also should really get to watching Demon slayer apparently

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I got to hold back from posting in the anime thread lmao, it's impossible for me to be positive about this adaption so I would just end up whining every week.

Still, it pains me to see such limp visuals. I really envy Kimetsu because, from the little I've seen of the anime and manga, it looks an anime that really enhances the visuals of the manga. Both big and small moments.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I got to hold back from posting in the anime thread lmao, it's impossible for me to be positive about this adaption so I would just end up whining every week.

Still, it pains me to see such limp visuals. I really envy Kimetsu because, from the little I've seen of the anime and manga, it looks an anime that really enhances the visuals of the manga. Both big and small moments.
I get you, man... Early on in the season, I almost ended up just posting negatively each week cause a thing or two would bother me. It's mostly small stuff but seeing little things disappoint me again and again adds up. It's one of the reasons I'll always prefer MHA's manga over the anime. That's unlike Kimetsu where, while I absolutely love the manga and Gotoge's art, I'd pick the anime if I only had one choice.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

I really hope there aren't any more movies after Heroes Rising because S5 is gonna need all hands on deck.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

The animation is fine what you are talking about.
MHA has a already great visuals in the manga it is much harder to enhance it anyway.
I get you, man... Early on in the season, I almost ended up just posting negatively each week cause a thing or two would bother me. It's mostly small stuff but seeing little things disappoint me again and again adds up. It's one of the reasons I'll always prefer MHA's manga over the anime. That's unlike Kimetsu where, while I absolutely love the manga and Gotoge's art, I'd pick the anime if I only had one choice.
If you think about the manga when watching the anime you will always nitpick. They are each their own thing with distinct benefits over the other.
For me a quality adaptation is all about what it can do and how well it can do what the manga couldnt and not what it can do better the manga.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

Well If you compare any Shonen adaptation to KnY they automatically lose, KnY's adaptation was in a league of it's own when it came to elevating The source material through incredible visuals and sound, MHA adaptation is still way above average when compared to the standard anime adaptations

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well If you compare any Shonen adaptation to KnY they automatically lose, KnY's adaptation was in a league of it's own when it came to elevating The source material through incredible visuals and sound, MHA adaptation is still way above average when compared to the standard anime adaptations
Mob Psycho tho

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
If you think about the manga when watching the anime you will always nitpick. They are each their own thing with distinct benefits over the other.
For me a quality adaptation is all about what it can do and how well it can do what the manga couldnt and not what it can do better the manga.
Nah, I rarely ever think about the manga while watching the anime.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Then I don't get how you can get disappointed, if you don't think about the manga you kind of don't have expectations.
I watch the anime and take it as it is while I'm watching. There are things about it that disappoint me from time to time, regardless of the source material. Similarly, more often than not, I'll enjoy something from the anime for what it is, not because I think it's well adapted or something along those lines. That usually comes after watching when I look back on the episode and think on it a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know which whats wrong with comparing manga and anime or why its an issue, also cant see how its possible to turn one's brain off from even passively comparing.

In any case will always criticize the anime for bland terrible backgrounds and foregrounds at times and just plain lazy animation at style choices.

DS:KnY had some pretty weird animation and style choices as well that took me out of things at time-> Cartoony arrows being visible and tangible, like what?

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I watch the anime and take it as it is while I'm watching. There are things about it that disappoint me from time to time, regardless of the source material. Similarly, more often than not, I'll enjoy something from the anime for what it is, not because I think it's well adapted or something along those lines. That usually comes after watching when I look back on the episode and think on it a bit.
I see
I dont know which whats wrong with comparing manga and anime or why its an issue, also cant see how its possible to turn one's brain off from even passively comparing.

In any case will always criticize the anime for bland terrible backgrounds and foregrounds at times and just plain lazy animation at style choices.

DS:KnY had some pretty weird animation and style choices as well that took me out of things at time-> Cartoony arrows being visible and tangible, like what?
Because they are different media.
It isnt like you cant compare, but some things are obviously better in one media than the other. Like for example battles are usually better in anime because it is hard to convey motion in manga. In the same way some scenes work better because manga doesnt have motion or sounds.

Oct 25, 2017
It isnt like you cant compare, but some things are obviously better in one media than the other. Like for example battles are usually better in anime because it is hard to convey motion in manga. In the same way some scenes work better because manga doesnt have motion or sounds.
I wouldnt say obviously especially when you then go on to say "sometimes/usually" when for the sake of comparison there are times where it isn't better in anime, that alone justifies the purpose of even comparing them in the first place.

As theres been numerous LN, Novels, and manga where the anime did the fight so badly it became laughable, or scenes lacked impact cause bad voice direction, my stylistic choice, or even again lazy action. And even outside of fight scenes, some conversations, romance threads, dramatic delivery of death/sick scenes, plot twists and so on can be better in the source, example, bad/distracting music choice during a dramatic scene.

For heroaca, Im sure people have somethings they preferred the manga doing than the anime, and vice-versa, hence why I dont agree with people viewing each in a vacuum and taking an all or nothing approach to discouraging people expressing opinions on what they felt are pros/cons to the anime/manga.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If we do get a timeskip after the invasion arc, i wonder how different the new outfits will be especially since Hero Society would have likely fallen and their clothes would have likely been banged up

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Actually, would you rather have a Timeskip after the Hero Society Falls/the aftermath or do you think MHA should never have a timeskip?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I have a good memory for the series and that includes how the manga looks. When I'm watching, I can simply feel that "hey, this isn't right". And it's not just the fact that there's a change at all, in pretty much every case it's a change for the worse.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have a good memory for the series and that includes how the manga looks. When I'm watching, I can simply feel that "hey, this isn't right". And it's not just the fact that there's a change at all, in pretty much every case it's a change for the worse.
I dunno, it just distract me so much if I think about the manga when watching the anime. I usually only try to compare after I have already watched the episode so it doesnt get in the way of my entertaining watching the anime.
About your last statement I disagree, even in this chapter there was changes about how the investigation went that was positive in my view, but at the same time it is pretty much expected that these changes happen since it was just panels in the manga and wouldnt make sense in the anime.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The manga overall is better than the anime, but when it has a good budget on an episode and the full production team it can be on par or better. Problem is it looks like all the top talent has been working on the films for the past couple seasons. I really do think that's had a noticeable impact on the quality
Actually, would you rather have a Timeskip after the Hero Society Falls/the aftermath or do you think MHA should never have a timeskip?
If we get a timeskip, I'd prefer it be after their third year. Make it a sequel series showing them as pros, mix up the cast and setting

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How are people already souring on the Yakuza arc in the anime thread, that's supposed to happen later :P

I want a timeskip, as it better justifies Deku taking down powerful villains, hopefully mixes up the cast and/or gets us out of the school setting. Though first I gotta see how this LoV attack goes

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The manga overall is better than the anime, but when it has a good budget on an episode and the full production team it can be on par or better. Problem is it looks like all the top talent has been working on the films for the past couple seasons. I really do think that's had a noticeable impact on the quality

If we get a timeskip, I'd prefer it be after their third year. Make it a sequel series showing them as pros, mix up the cast and setting
I disagree, while this season didn't have many crazy animated scenes I think it has been better directed than the past ones
It is in no case similar to season 3.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

I mean with the LOV plan to destroy Hero Society in 4 months I doubt Deku and the others will get to their third year. I really doubt that UA will remain standing considering the strength of the villains forces,To me personally with all the forces they have it would take a serious asspull for them to lose

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
How are people already souring on the Yakuza arc in the anime thread, that's supposed to happen later :P
I'm impressed by the impatience actually lol
I disagree, while this season didn't have many crazy animated scenes I think it has been better directed than the past ones
It is in no case similar to season 3.
Eh, I haven't really seen anything to make me think it's better directed. Last episode when they were talking for most of it I actually thought could've used better direction to not feel as static.
I mean with the LOV plan to destroy Hero Society in 4 months I doubt Deku and the others will get to their third year. I really doubt that UA will remain standing considering the strength of the villains forces,To me personally with all the forces they have it would take a serious asspull for them to lose
Nah, it's too soon for all of Hero society to fall like that. I think another crack will form and things will get pretty bad. But not to the point where U.A. closes its doors. The LOV would need to take control of all of Japan to do that, and I don't see that happening

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I haven't really seen anything to make me think it's better directed. Last episode when they were talking for most of it I actually thought could've used better direction to not feel as static.
??But they did, they coudn't much because the whole part is like this in the manga, but in the anime they did a lot with the camera cuts to try to diminish this stactic feeling, in other seasons scenes like this were even less dynamic
There is also the scene with eri tunning in the alleyway, it is one of my favorites in the series, past seasons didn't take the liberty to views scenes in new angles like that

Oct 25, 2017

I want a timeskip, as it better justifies Deku taking down powerful villains, hopefully mixes up the cast and/or gets us out of the school setting. Though first I gotta see how this LoV attack goes
They're all waiting for kirishima and fatgum right subconsciously

Status
Not open for further replies.