• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'm impressed by the impatience actually lol

Eh, I haven't really seen anything to make me think it's better directed. Last episode when they were talking for most of it I actually thought could've used better direction to not feel as static.

Nah, it's too soon for all of Hero society to fall like that. I think another crack will form and things will get pretty bad. But not to the point where U.A. closes its doors. The LOV would need to take control of all of Japan to do that, and I don't see that happening
I mean Shigaraki's goal is to completly destroy everything. To me it seems he would go all in on the invasion in 4 months. He has all these resources and power,why would he stop?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I mean Shigaraki's goal is to completly destroy everything. To me it seems he would go all in on the invasion in 4 months. He has all these resources and power,why would he stop?

It's
He could certainly try, I'm just not convinced of his overwhelming victory. The heroes aren't going to just lay down and let him do this. They know he has a plan so it's not like they're going to be unprepared. Like I said, I'm sure Shiggy will do some damage. Kill All Might and/or Endeavor maybe. Expose the system. I just don't think that's going to result in the complete collapse of society.

I just don't.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Because he just failed to successfully rescue his friend despite being the golden boy son of the number 2 hero.

In the pursuit of Dabi being a Todoroki, I really feel like some of y'all are forgetting he joined the league because of Stain's ideology and continued to uphold that, burning people who wanted to join but failed to meet his standards.

I'm not saying it won't happen, mind. I'm saying that you're reading into literally everything being teasing it, whether it is or isn't. Going so far as to say a villain taunting a hero for failing could only mean that villain is his brother.
Ok, then why does this resonate to Dabi then if he's not Toya cuz if he is, this makes perfect sense
Du8l8RNU8AADtaj.jpg

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, then why does this resonate to Dabi then if he's not Toya cuz if he is, this makes perfect sense
Du8l8RNU8AADtaj.jpg
That's one of the moments that I agree lends credence to the idea instead of making me discard the notion completely out of hand. But, having said that, I didn't originally read that moment that way because I wasn't (and, admittedly, am still not) on the Dabi = Toya train.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
He could certainly try, I'm just not convinced of his overwhelming victory. The heroes aren't going to just lay down and let him do this. They know he has a plan so it's not like they're going to be unprepared. Like I said, I'm sure Shiggy will do some damage. Kill All Might and/or Endeavor maybe. Expose the system. I just don't think that's going to result in the complete collapse of society.

I just don't.
I think you're underestimating how close Hero society is to completely falling apart, in the Cultural Festival arc it was pretty much stated UA is one scandal away from shutting down, the Liberation Army has been pushing to the public the idea of citizens being able to save themselves, and in the beginning we see that currently Hero society is being held up by Endeavor, the PLF control the media and they're not dumb, they're going to go at this at an angle the makes the Heroes look bad and regular citizens look good

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think you're underestimating how close Hero society is to completely falling apart, in the Cultural Festival arc it was pretty much stated UA is one scandal away from shutting down, the Liberation Army has been pushing to the public the idea of citizens being able to save themselves, and in the beginning we see that currently Hero society is being held up by Endeavor, the PLF control the media and they're not dumb, they're going to go at this at an angle the makes the Heroes look bad and regular citizens look good
Those are valid points. I could totally be wrong. I could see UA temporarily shutting down but the entire collapse of society is a bit much I feel. That's a huge status quo shift that you can't walk back

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
huge status quo shifts are very tasty though.
Endeavor/All Might dying or Endeavor getting exposed would be an effective status quo shift as well. There's too much left to explore in the current setting. Fall of Society should happen at the tail end of second/ start of third year. Somewhere closer to the end of the series.

Shiggy going from squatting in abandoned buildings to ending Hero society in four months feels too soon. There's still a step or two that needs to happen imo

Oct 25, 2017
Why you gotta make this hard Natsuo, though I guess you were closest to Toya perhaps.

Distance should hopefully make things better, will patientiantly await for Natsuo to come around and not at like Endeavors death bed or some other random overly dramatic plot like that. Also I wanted to see him use his quirk.

Awesome arc, Endeavor has had the best character development over the course of the series, followed by Shoto, and Kirishima, and Shigaraki. Hopefully everyone gets even more developed the whole series.

Guessing Baks will tell All Might or Aizawa his name first, canonically can't think of anyone else apart from his parents.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is Knuckle Duster suppose to be a dark counterpart to All Might?
I see him as the Batman (with AM being Superman). I'm pretty sure very early on, if not for his inroduction, he also says "I'm here!".
Edit: Checked Volume 1 of Vigilantes and this is what is said in his character profile
Hideyuki Furuhashi said:
The concepts at play here are "if All Might = Superman, then this guy is more like Batman" and "societal justice vs personal justice". He's not actually a bad guy once you get to know him, but I never let myself forget that he's also fundamentally a weirdo.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I see him as the Batman (with AM being Superman). I'm pretty sure very early on, if not for his inroduction, he also says "I'm here!".
Edit: Checked Volume 1 of Vigilantes and this is what is said in his character profile

It was a great parallel with All Might and Koichi's reaction is the exact opposite of Deku's where he goes hell no to him.

Also Knuckle Duster is the best part of Vigilantes.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Promo art for Jump Festa
EKwDr2hUYAAsoKk
Poor Iida. Nice for Kaminari to be getting a push.

Weird that the movie will be taking place two to three arcs ahead of where the anime is but I'm not complaining. I'm sure the movie's setting is so vague it won't spoil anything major. Considering the plot, I'm guessing it'd only spoil Hawks, the Doctor being the guy back from S1, and maybe some minor Meta Liberation Army cameos.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

Loooooool , first they release the first one in the same month as RDR2 and now they're releasing the sequel just one week after FF7 Remake

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Loooooool , first they release the first one in the same month as RDR2 and now they're releasing the sequel just one week after FF7 Remake

I don't think it will make much difference in Japan, i doubt those games share the same public, I would be more afraid of realeading too close to Animal Crossing tho

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Man the Endeavor training/family arc was great.
Batch reading the entire thing in one go was even better.

Time to go underground for another few months again, lol.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
She looks like an Inkling
well she already looked like an inkling before but now the color matches

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Endeavor saying he'll build them a new house is a really good moment and shows that he knows things can never be the same. He just wants his family to finally be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.