• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
(Possible Big MHA Movie spoilers)
Bakugo gets a temporary OFA power boost from chewing Deku's DNA, he uses it to defeat the Villain
Possible spoiler discussion.
This makes a ton of sense considering Hori's talk of doing something he wanted to keep for the ending of the series. What's really strange is that the manga doesn't seem to reference it or tease it at all, considering Rising seems to be 100% canon and takes place between the MLA arc and the latest internship.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
This might be the most one sided death battle they've ever done.
Well their last fight was Deadpool vs The Mask who they even described as a Cartoon God, and I would also say Darkseid vs Thanos, and Superman vs Goku are even more one-sided fights

they even had Wonder Woman lose to Rogue, and Garaa lose to Toph which both should have been a massacre on the other direction

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well their last fight was Deadpool vs The Mask who they even described as a Cartoon God, and I would also say Darkseid vs Thanos, and Superman vs Goku are even more one-sided fights

they even had Wonder Woman lose to Rogue, and Garaa lose to Toph which both should have been a massacre on the other direction
Wait how is Rogue supposed to lose to WW? Are we assuming Rogue's powers dont work against WW?

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

Gaara vs Toph was the fucking worst
Yang vs Tifa was bad too

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not a Superman fan, hell you can even say I don't like the whole concept of the character... but I think he beats Goku. Look at most of Goku's fights. Dude either loses or doesn't win by himself most of the time and Superman is broken in everything but the live action movies (and even then...).

I'm assuming you agree or this is going to be awkward.

Also yeah, their logic in Gaara vs Toph was hilarious.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Also yeah, their logic in Gaara vs Toph was hilarious.
Gaara vs Toph was the fucking worst
Yang vs Tifa was bad too
If I remember the fight correctly they never brought up that Toph can't "see" well with sand even though there was like a whole episode around it, the whole fight I was waiting for that to be brought up but instead they gave Garaa a stamina problem that he never had post time Skip

Last edited:

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
If I remember the fight correctly they never brought up that Toph can't "see" well with sand even though there was like a whole episode around it, the whole fight I was waiting for that to be brought up but instead they gave Garaa a stamina problem that he never had post time Skip
Yeah, how TF did they miss her whole weakness of sand

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
"AfO set up UA himself to discover good quirks to steal. The foundations of hero worship was built up by AfO to increase the amount of targets "

.........................Nezu's the traitor

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
"AfO set up UA himself to discover good quirks to steal. The foundations of hero worship was built up by AfO to increase the amount of targets "

.........................Nezu's the traitor
He says that he takes advantage of the fact UA's so famous it brings around the best quirks of japan, but stopped talking after that.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
11.Hawks
12.Jirou
13.All Might
14.Denki
15.Shindo
16.Tsuyu
17.Shinso
18.Endeavor
19.Dabi
20.Overhaul
21.Present Mic
22.Suneater
23.Twice
24.Tokoyami
25.Mirio
26.Sero
27.Shoji
28.Fatgum
29.Mina
30.Best Jeanist
31.Tail guy
32.Manoma
33.Sir
34.Mineta
35.Horikoshi
36.Mustard
37.Eri
38.Nejire
39.Chronostasis
40.AFO
41.Mei
42.Gang Orca
43.Invisible girl
44.Aoyama
44(tie).Mr.Compress

Hawks almost made it to the top 10 but Momo beat him by a few votes, Monoma continues to be the only class B character people can still remember, and nothing here seems out of the ordinary besides Mustard and Shindo placing so high

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
11.Hawks
12.Jirou
13.All Might
14.Denki
15.Shindo
16.Tsuyu
17.Shinso
18.Endeavor
19.Dabi
20.Overhaul
21.Present Mic
22.Suneater
23.Twice
24.Tokoyami
25.Mirio
26.Sero
27.Shoji
28.Fatgum
29.Mina
30.Best Jeanist
31.Tail guy
32.Manoma
33.Sir
34.Mineta
35.Horikoshi
36.Mustard
37.Eri
38.Nejire
39.Chronostasis
40.AFO
41.Mei
42.Gang Orca
43.Invisible girl
44.Aoyama
44(tie).Mr.Compress

Hawks almost made it to the top 10 but Momo beat him by a few votes, Monoma continues to be the only class B character people can still remember, and nothing here seems out of the ordinary besides Mustard and Shindo placing so high
I will never understand why Japanese fanbase lets All Might be 13th, and Mirio 25th. At least Shoji is way higher there than he would with the western fanbase so at least they some taste.
Also Jirou is very close to top 10 after a year of her arc, I expect she to be top 10 next year if they do the class 1a presentation well.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
11.Hawks
12.Jirou
13.All Might
14.Denki
15.Shindo
16.Tsuyu
17.Shinso
18.Endeavor
19.Dabi
20.Overhaul
21.Present Mic
22.Suneater
23.Twice
24.Tokoyami
25.Mirio
26.Sero
27.Shoji
28.Fatgum
29.Mina
30.Best Jeanist
31.Tail guy
32.Manoma
33.Sir
34.Mineta
35.Horikoshi
36.Mustard
37.Eri
38.Nejire
39.Chronostasis
40.AFO
41.Mei
42.Gang Orca
43.Invisible girl
44.Aoyama
44(tie).Mr.Compress

1. Why is Shindo popular?
2.Suneater is the most popular of the big 3, eh Mirio 25th is bad but Nejire at 39th is the worst? Mineta is more popular than her?!

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Japan doesn't care about beauty pageants
source.gif

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
11.Hawks
12.Jirou
13.All Might
14.Denki
15.Shindo
16.Tsuyu
17.Shinso
18.Endeavor
19.Dabi
20.Overhaul
21.Present Mic
22.Suneater
23.Twice
24.Tokoyami
25.Mirio
26.Sero
27.Shoji
28.Fatgum
29.Mina
30.Best Jeanist
31.Tail guy
32.Manoma
33.Sir
34.Mineta
35.Horikoshi
36.Mustard
37.Eri
38.Nejire
39.Chronostasis
40.AFO
41.Mei
42.Gang Orca
43.Invisible girl
44.Aoyama
44(tie).Mr.Compress

Shinso is too low. Mirio at 25, damn. He needs his quirk back Hori. Also, lol at Horikoshi placing 35th.

Y'all talking about Nejire and beauty pageants, but the real news is Japan don't give a fuck about Eri apparently

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
ehhh... Not to repeat myself again, but Eri isnt a character that someone would have as favourite, she is basically a civillain. I wouldnt say they dont care about her because of this ranking.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
ehhh... Not to repeat myself again, but Eri isnt a character that someone would have as favourite, she is basically a civillain. I wouldnt say they dont care about her because of this ranking.
Eri doesn't have to be a favorite, being 37 out of 44 is pretty low. She's not as popular as I would've thought

When Mineta beats you....yeah, not a good look

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter out

Kurogiri is a nomu

So his loyalty to Shigiraki is just him being based on the original sense of loyalty and being protective of weak i guess

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
gDPnOTo.png

Man, High-End was intimidating even as a normal man. I wonder if he ever faced off against Rappa while in the fight pits.
I love how similar they look, despite how monstrous High-End's design is.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I need those full color spread's costume designs to be the new defaults for the heroes, More Dakka Bakugo is cool as hell.
Pretty boring chapter, I mean its part of the story but pretty unremarkable. Aizawa crying was a highlight, and the High End Nomus being more humanoid is pretty damn interesting to think of as a concept. I just hope Hori isn't going where i think he is going, redeeming High Ends and turning em into heroes or something.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Pretty boring chapter, I mean its part of the story but pretty unremarkable. Aizawa crying was a highlight, and the High End Nomus being more humanoid is pretty damn interesting to think of as a concept. I just hope Hori isn't going where i think he is going, redeeming High Ends and turning em into heroes or something.
well not all of them. High-End was obviously a pretty violent dude before he got nomufied, so it wouldn't make sense to redeem him. The fact is though that all Nomus were once people, and if possible, they ought to be a given a chance.
Like if best Jeanist were to turn up a Nomu, it obviously wouldn't be right for the heroes to just murk him without considering other options.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
well not all of them. High-End was obviously a pretty violent dude before he got nomufied, so it wouldn't make sense to redeem him. The fact is though that all Nomus were once people, and if possible, they ought to be a given a chance.
Like if best Jeanist were to turn up a Nomu, it obviously wouldn't be right for the heroes to just murk him without considering other options.
Oh my god, if Best Jeanist IS dead and they bring him back as a Nomu and then they decide to bring him back or something that would be insane. Doubly so because that would mean Hawks DOES have blood on his hands, imagine that clusterfuck of emotions and blame being thrown around. Would also make tons of sense with the Bakugo Hero Name subplot, he'll probably confront the Jeanist Nomu shouting his Hero Name to snap it out of the League's control.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Oh my god, if Best Jeanist IS dead and they bring him back as a Nomu and then they decide to bring him back or something that would be insane. Doubly so because that would mean Hawks DOES have blood on his hands, imagine that clusterfuck of emotions and blame being thrown around. Would also make tons of sense with the Bakugo Hero Name subplot, he'll probably confront the Jeanist Nomu shouting his Hero Name to snap it out of the League's control.
I don't think Doctor Ujiko could resist lmao. He seems to fuck with every corpse he can get.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So most Nomus are actually intelligent and can speak or even function in human society. It's just the first one we saw wasn't like that.

Also not sure if the 2-A reveal counts as a retcon or not, but I don't mind it either way.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So most Nomus are actually intelligent and can speak or even function in human society. It's just the first one we saw wasn't like that.

Also not sure if the 2-A reveal counts as a retcon or not, but I don't mind it either way.
I imagine Aizawa in the beginning was a lot harsher in Hori mind than his current characterization of being a softy

Like how Hori admitted he went too far by having Bakugo tell Deku to kill himself and he stopped doing that

Though honestly no way any teacher is good enough to allow a school to just expell entire classes lol

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Last episode of TLA shows Toph mastering sandbending, to the point of making a Ba sing Tse sculpture in scale, with characters. It's not a handicap anymore.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

Why would it be a retcon? What did they say about it before, i dont remember.

Nomus being mutated humans is kinda crazy.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What I interpret is that every expelled student just is moved to general studies and they can move back just like Shinso is moving to the hero course
Anyway good chapter. It is very nice to see aizawa's characterization and it gives his scenes in the Yakuza arc more meaning.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I came to complain about Bakugou winning the polls again but then I remember its aimed at kids and Sasuke won a ton of polls in Naruto as well and the recent election results left me with one feeling, disappointment.

Voting sucks and I see why people don't do it. Other people just disappoint you all the time. At least Izuku is 2nd even if the vote difference is almost 1k.

I really am disliking all the favoritism going towards Bakugou recently. Its like Wolverine effect from X-Men. He failed the hero license exam was his last big failure but got one in the end and absolutely obliterated his enemy team in Class A vs B where the B team had a recommended student who was the only other girl that was recommended. Like Horikoshi, chill out with the Bakugou love and give some love to your female characters! Getting a leading role with Izuku in the movie is whatever since that tends to happen. Hope if there is a next one, Todoroki and Izuku get some shine time together.

As for the chapter,
it was a huge retcon about class A. I always thought it was odd that every single member was expelled. Kinda lame but nice too in a way. I feel nothing about Kurogiri personally but it was nice seeing an emotional Aizawa with even Present Mic being speechless about the situation.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why would it be a retcon? What did they say about it before, i dont remember.

Nomus being mutated humans is kinda crazy.
We get introduced to Aizawa by being told that by All Might that he is known for expelling an entire class the previous year and about 150 previous students in total.

We now know that while he technically did expel them, that they were allowed right back into the UA apparently immediately since they're in 2-A and haven't missed a year. Whenever they're in the hero program or in general studies, we don't know yet.

Like I said, I'm not sure if that's a retcon or not, but it does lessen the blow of Aizawa being the kind of person to expel potential heroes after only knowing them for one day. Also when he threatened to expel all of 1-A after the Bakugo incident is kinda lessened since we know they wouldn't have actually left UA most likely, though they might have been moved to general studies, which seems not great if Shinso is anything to go off of. I don't think this is a bad thing though, it just plays into his "he's actually a softie" character that we've known for a while.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
A page showing the rest of the character Poll is out

46 Gentle Criminal
47 Mon-chan (Shiggy's dog)
48 Spinner
49 Stain
50 David Shield
51 La Brava
52 Shishikura
53 Kendou Itsuka
54 Gran Torino, Yanagi Reiko
56 Kodai Yui, Shiozaki Ibara, Yoarashi Inasa
59 Edgeshot
60 Giran, Nana Shimura
62 Tetsutetsu, First One for All
64 Tameda Hiroshi (Can't you see-kun)
65 Miyashita (mouse guy RIP)
66 AWase Yosetsu
67 Kouda Kouji, John-chan, Dark Shadow, Mandalay, Miruko
72 Nezu, Ms. Joke, Midnight, Melissa Shield
76 Kuroiro Shihai, Tokage Setsuna, Mt. Lady
79 Utsushimi Camie, Noumu, Ragdoll
82 Kaibara Sen, Gigantomachia, Geten, Midoriya Inko
86 Shinrin Kamui, Setsuno Toya (8 bullets guy), Deku's Hood, Honenuki Juuzo
90 Kurogiri, Shimura Kotaro (Tenko's dad), Skeptic, Rappa Kendou
94 Izumi Kouta, Curious, Curator (from the game), Rin Hiryu, Yokozuna (??)
99 Satou Rikido, Tsunotori Pony, Hana (Tenko's sister), Fukidashi Manga, Muscular, ReDestro, Akiyama Yoco (Hori's assistant), Yoritomi-san (Hori's editor)

107 Akitani Mikumo (Deku's prototype), Iida Tenya's Glasses, Intelli Saiko (IQ girl), Kumori Kinoko, Godzillo, Slide n' Go, Bakugo Mitsuki, Power Loader, Magne, Agatsuma Zenitsu (KnY), Monkey D. Luffy (OP)

118 Aizawa-sensei's training, Izumi Kouta's hat, Wash, Kirishima's middle school friends, Ectoplasm, Gran Torino eating taiyaki, Claustro (Redestro's armor), Kenranzaki Bibimi, Shigaraki's Hands, Shiketsu High's teacher, Thirteen, Snatch, the thorns guy hugging Spinner in Chapter 233, Cementoss, Tabe Soramitsu (8 bullets), (can't read it), Tsuburaba Kosei

Todoroki Fuyumi, Trumpet, Nemoto Shin (8 bullets), Haimawari Kouchi (Crawler), Bakugou Katsuki's Grenade Bracers, Vlad King, Recovery Girl, Ryukyu, Shiina (a singer probably)

144 Aoyama Yuuga's costume sunglasses, Academia Guy (probably a joke?), Iida Tensei, The old man who cheered Deku on in Episode 1, Wolfram, Overhaul's mask, All Might's bangs, Heaven-Piercing Ice Wall (Todoroki's super move), Curious' Kappa assistant (the boy with bowl cut hair), the Black Whip uncle, Shigaraki's mom, Jiro Kyoka's earphone jacks, Centipeder

Takahiro (a singer), Tsuragamae Kenji (Chief of Police), Deku's Shoes, Deku's Freckles, Tengai Hekiji (8 bullets), Toga Himiko's injections, Toga Himiko's knife, Toga Himiko's Mask, Tiger, The guy with the arrows that appeared in Chapter 225, Haya Yuuyu, Hanso Robo (the small UA robots), Fujimi Romero (OVA zombie guy), Hojo Yu (8 bullets), Bondo Kojiro, Maboroki-kun (the illusion Todoroki), Mimic, Miyagi Daikaku (reporter guy with a broken horn), Mera Yokumiru, Lock Rock, (can't read), Ikuma Tatsuhito (World Trigger), Kirisu Mafuyu (We never learn), Neda Hirofumi (mangaka that made the SMASH spinoff), Nenji-san (??)

That's it

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
We get introduced to Aizawa by being told that by All Might that he is known for expelling an entire class the previous year and about 150 previous students in total.

We now know that while he technically did expel them, that they were allowed right back into the UA apparently immediately since they're in 2-A and haven't missed a year. Whenever they're in the hero program or in general studies, we don't know yet.

Like I said, I'm not sure if that's a retcon or not, but it does lessen the blow of Aizawa being the kind of person to expel potential heroes after only knowing them for one day. Also when he threatened to expel all of 1-A after the Bakugo incident is kinda lessened since we know they wouldn't have actually left UA most likely, though they might have been moved to general studies, which seems not great if Shinso is anything to go off of. I don't think this is a bad thing though, it just plays into his "he's actually a softie" character that we've known for a while.
I dont think that would be considered a retcon because he did still expel them, they are just expanding on that info

i agree with your post about Aizawa's character though
A page showing the rest of the character Poll is out

46 Gentle Criminal
47 Mon-chan (Shiggy's dog)
48 Spinner
49 Stain
50 David Shield
51 La Brava
52 Shishikura
53 Kendou Itsuka
54 Gran Torino, Yanagi Reiko
56 Kodai Yui, Shiozaki Ibara, Yoarashi Inasa
59 Edgeshot
60 Giran, Nana Shimura
62 Tetsutetsu, First One for All
64 Tameda Hiroshi (Can't you see-kun)
65 Miyashita (mouse guy RIP)
66 AWase Yosetsu
67 Kouda Kouji, John-chan, Dark Shadow, Mandalay, Miruko
72 Nezu, Ms. Joke, Midnight, Melissa Shield
76 Kuroiro Shihai, Tokage Setsuna, Mt. Lady
79 Utsushimi Camie, Noumu, Ragdoll
82 Kaibara Sen, Gigantomachia, Geten, Midoriya Inko
86 Shinrin Kamui, Setsuno Toya (8 bullets guy), Deku's Hood, Honenuki Juuzo
90 Kurogiri, Shimura Kotaro (Tenko's dad), Skeptic, Rappa Kendou
94 Izumi Kouta, Curious, Curator (from the game), Rin Hiryu, Yokozuna (??)
99 Satou Rikido, Tsunotori Pony, Hana (Tenko's sister), Fukidashi Manga, Muscular, ReDestro, Akiyama Yoco (Hori's assistant), Yoritomi-san (Hori's editor)

107 Akitani Mikumo (Deku's prototype), Iida Tenya's Glasses, Intelli Saiko (IQ girl), Kumori Kinoko, Godzillo, Slide n' Go, Bakugo Mitsuki, Power Loader, Magne, Agatsuma Zenitsu (KnY), Monkey D. Luffy (OP)

118 Aizawa-sensei's training, Izumi Kouta's hat, Wash, Kirishima's middle school friends, Ectoplasm, Gran Torino eating taiyaki, Claustro (Redestro's armor), Kenranzaki Bibimi, Shigaraki's Hands, Shiketsu High's teacher, Thirteen, Snatch, the thorns guy hugging Spinner in Chapter 233, Cementoss, Tabe Soramitsu (8 bullets), (can't read it), Tsuburaba Kosei

Todoroki Fuyumi, Trumpet, Nemoto Shin (8 bullets), Haimawari Kouchi (Crawler), Bakugou Katsuki's Grenade Bracers, Vlad King, Recovery Girl, Ryukyu, Shiina (a singer probably)

144 Aoyama Yuuga's costume sunglasses, Academia Guy (probably a joke?), Iida Tensei, The old man who cheered Deku on in Episode 1, Wolfram, Overhaul's mask, All Might's bangs, Heaven-Piercing Ice Wall (Todoroki's super move), Curious' Kappa assistant (the boy with bowl cut hair), the Black Whip uncle, Shigaraki's mom, Jiro Kyoka's earphone jacks, Centipeder

Takahiro (a singer), Tsuragamae Kenji (Chief of Police), Deku's Shoes, Deku's Freckles, Tengai Hekiji (8 bullets), Toga Himiko's injections, Toga Himiko's knife, Toga Himiko's Mask, Tiger, The guy with the arrows that appeared in Chapter 225, Haya Yuuyu, Hanso Robo (the small UA robots), Fujimi Romero (OVA zombie guy), Hojo Yu (8 bullets), Bondo Kojiro, Maboroki-kun (the illusion Todoroki), Mimic, Miyagi Daikaku (reporter guy with a broken horn), Mera Yokumiru, Lock Rock, (can't read), Ikuma Tatsuhito (World Trigger), Kirisu Mafuyu (We never learn), Neda Hirofumi (mangaka that made the SMASH spinoff), Nenji-san (??)

That's it
my boy Edgeshot got done dirty :(

I came to complain about Bakugou winning the polls again but then I remember its aimed at kids and Sasuke won a ton of polls in Naruto as well and the recent election results left me with one feeling, disappointment.

Voting sucks and I see why people don't do it. Other people just disappoint you all the time. At least Izuku is 2nd even if the vote difference is almost 1k.

I really am disliking all the favoritism going towards Bakugou recently. Its like Wolverine effect from X-Men. He failed the hero license exam was his last big failure but got one in the end and absolutely obliterated his enemy team in Class A vs B where the B team had a recommended student who was the only other girl that was recommended. Like Horikoshi, chill out with the Bakugou love and give some love to your female characters! Getting a leading role with Izuku in the movie is whatever since that tends to happen. Hope if there is a next one, Todoroki and Izuku get some shine time together.

As for the chapter,
it was a huge retcon about class A. I always thought it was odd that every single member was expelled. Kinda lame but nice too in a way. I feel nothing about Kurogiri personally but it was nice seeing an emotional Aizawa with even Present Mic being speechless about the situation.

it's not a retcon

Bakugo's arc is more interesting than Deku's

What I interpret is that every expelled student just is moved to general studies and they can move back just like Shinso is moving to the hero course
Anyway good chapter. It is very nice to see aizawa's characterization and it gives his scenes in the Yakuza arc more meaning.

I dont think they move classes. I think Aizawa is using a shock tactic to get the students to work harder. He expels them so they think they failed, and he wants them to think 'I'll overcome this, work harder and become a hero regardless of the expulsion' and then re-enrolls them in the class. He is trying to motivate them In his own way lol

they are actually getting expelled by him but he also has the power to re-enroll them back in the same class.

Status
Not open for further replies.