• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2018
Lizard girl is a good example of the kind character I hope the Liberation army doesn't turn out to be like, a character who only exists to make another character look better. And I feel like Shigaraki and Toga have a better chance at getting redemption than her, she's to far gone if ya ask me.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You mean bland characters that greatest moment is to act as a stepping stone for Bakugo and didn't anything noteworthy besides making Bakugo dick big

To this day I'm still wondering what makes Setsuna "dirty"

Lizard girl is a good example of the kind character I hope the Liberation army doesn't turn out to be like, a character who only exists to make another character look better. And I feel like Shigaraki and Toga have a better chance at getting redemption than her, she's to far gone if ya ask me.

We were nearly halfway there with how the LoV got the last laugh over Overhaul's group, who got demolished. Definitely wouldn't want to happen to these new guys where they're dealt with in one arc (unless said arc is lengthy I suppose), even more so since the odds are overwhelmingly in their favor.

And yet, it's undeniable that the arc is framed as being an opportunity for Shiggy to finally get his big break and come out on top, so I dunno, guess we'll see.

Dec 28, 2018
We were nearly halfway there with how the LoV got the last laugh over Overhaul's group, who got demolished. Definitely wouldn't want to happen to these new guys where they're dealt with in one arc (unless said arc is lengthy I suppose), even more so since the odds are overwhelmingly in their favor.

And yet, it's undeniable that the arc is framed as being an opportunity for Shiggy to finally get his big break and come out on top, so I dunno, guess we'll see.
Yeah that's my biggest worry right now about the arc. It kinda feels like they were introduced into the story just for Shigaraki and friends to use as stepping stones. And even though I didn't care for Overhaul's group much it felt like a missed opportunity to take the whole group out in a single arc and it would suck if it happened again. And honestly I'm unsure still if this is going to be a long arc or a short one. I'm leaning towards it being on the shorter side since the only other two arcs to not focus on Deku were pretty short. I hope it isn't short but since there going to be fighting so soon I feel like it might. And yeah all we can do is wait and see how things turn out, hopefully they turn out well.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that's my biggest worry right now about the arc. It kinda feels like they were introduced into the story just for Shigaraki and friends to use as stepping stones. And even though I didn't care for Overhaul's group much it felt like a missed opportunity to take the whole group out in a single arc and it would suck if it happened again. And honestly I'm unsure still if this is going to be a long arc or a short one. I'm leaning towards it being on the shorter side since the only other two arcs to not focus on Deku were pretty short. I hope it isn't short but since there going to be fighting so soon I feel like it might. And yeah all we can do is wait and see how things turn out, hopefully they turn out well.
I don't think we've seen the last of Overhaul and the Yakuza, I feel like a lot Villains we've thought would end up as one arc Villains will eventually return to the story, most likely in the Prison Break arc

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

If the LoV end up losing, I feel like Giganto's gonna be the key to turn the tide for them later on. Either that, or this whole upcoming ordeal will put Shiggy in a spot where he can now subdue Giganto.

I don't think we've seen the last of Overhaul and the Yakuza

I mean, Overhaul lost his arms, so I don't see the point in bringing him back in any actual relevant manner.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yeah I'm worried about this too. It seems a bit of an inevitability that they'll fade in relevance after this arc. I'm hoping it's a nice sized arc, so fingers crossed. There's also a slim possibility Destro( I ain't calling him Re-Destro unless I need to differentiate) and his group could join the league or become neutral towards them.
I don't think we've seen the last of Overhaul and the Yakuza, I feel like a lot Villains we've thought would end up as one arc Villains will eventually return to the story, most likely in the Prison Break arc
This is the secret strength of MHA I think. I love that so many of the villains are still around, means they could always come back. Feels very comic booky in that way. Overhaul's not exactly high on the list of returning villains, but people like AfO, Stain, even Muscular could come back in a relevant way

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You guys all have characters that you like that dont have focus, let me have mine :|
Anyway I think Overhaul might come back as a side character not as a fighter, maybe because of his knowledge about quirk mutation after he "researched" eri

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Anyway I think Overhaul might come back as a side character not as a fighter, maybe because of his knowledge about quirk mutation after he "researched" eri
Kinda how I see it, Overhaul doesn't have to be a fighter to be relevant but hay maybe they can give Overhaul robot arms as well

Oct 25, 2017
Keep this focus on the villains going forward.

Shigaraki has his back completely against the wall (3 threats with the giant, Liberation Army, and the heroes) and he is just smiling while he faces it. Shigaraki gonna be a beast of a nemesis for Deku (he still needs a Quirk change though).

Shoutout to Giran and that finger panel.

Good stuff all around.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Redestro is a bad name, how a cool looking villain has such bad name

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
W1d3rEo.png

I love how Hori is really going for broke with this guy's facial expressions/design/mannerisms. Just in a visual sense, he's incredibly fresh.
It helps that he's one of the few main villains that doesn't have any sort of face covering (aside from the quirk blotch).

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
W1d3rEo.png

I love how Hori is really going for broke with this guy's facial expressions/design/mannerisms. Just in a visual sense, he's incredibly fresh.
It helps that he's one of the few main villains that doesn't have any sort of face covering (aside from the quirk blotch).
Yeah, he has great faces. The one on the left looks like he's about to transform into the green goblin

Oct 27, 2017
Just caught up, really loving the League focus and this ReDestro guy and the cool tidbits about Quirk society and such these last few chapters have been touching on. Hope we get more of this in the coming weeks.

Also I wonder what the plan is for Spinner

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Calling it now, the cover for the volume that My Villain Academia starts in is going to be an evil version of Volume 1's cover with Shiggy, AFO, and the LoV in the background.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Why do I get the feeling Gigantomachia, the original destro or even Re-Destro all have ties or ARE previous OfA Torch Bearers? I can't help but feel that AfO has actually corrupted every previous one bar Nana and All Might, being pawns in his grand scheme of things. Its a stretch, but Gigantomachia looks a lot like Hellboy and ReDestro's Quirk vein looks a lot loke the Black Web deku recently got.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Why do I get the feeling Gigantomachia, the original destro or even Re-Destro all have ties or ARE previous OfA Torch Bearers? I can't help but feel that AfO has actually corrupted every previous one bar Nana and All Might, being pawns in his grand scheme of things. Its a stretch, but Gigantomachia looks a lot like Hellboy and ReDestro's Quirk vein looks a lot loke the Black Web deku recently got.

But the deku's quirk is black whip, the quirk Hellboy owned during his time. You're reaching a little bit.

Still, I think all the previous holders will be involved in the issues to a certain extent.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
But the deku's quirk is black whip, the quirk Hellboy owned during his time. You're reaching a little bit.

Still, I think all the previous holders will be involved in the issues to a certain extent.
Correct. But would it be wrong to assume that because of his quirk stealing technique AfO mix and matched the quirks of the Torch Bearers between each other? I mean they would be compatible with em instead of becoming like Nomus because of OfAs quirk stockpiling, and it would be like AfO to corrupt and manipulate them like that.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
So, if Destro has 100 000 followers ready to go...
latest

Is this guy a part of the liberation army? People have raised this question before, but it seems more likely now that we know the scope of the army's reach.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Prior to this chapter, I was under the impression that this new liberation army isn't that big of a threat and will only serve as a stepping stone for Shigaraki to prove himself to Gigantomachia and thus gain more power. Now that they've brought up a supposed six figure army though... I'm not so keen on Shigaraki and the League somehow defeating them. That seems like the only way to go though, as it would feel strange if they still somehow lost. Then again, perhaps the High-End Nomu will come into play. Dabi has successfully tested one of them, so perhaps Ujiko will be willing to lend them some more. Still, I don't want these villains to be a one-off type of thing as I'd be more interested in having multiple villain groups active rather than the League of Villains simply defeating all the rest.

I still expect this to turn out like Tokage, however. *sighs*
So, if Destro has 100 000 followers ready to go...
latest

Is this guy a part of the liberation army? People have raised this question before, but it seems more likely now that we know the scope of the army's reach.
Hmm? Why would people suspect him of being a member?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Prior to this chapter, I was under the impression that this new liberation army isn't that big of a threat and will only serve as a stepping stone for Shigaraki to prove himself to Gigantomachia and thus gain more power. Now that they've brought up a supposed six figure army though... I'm not so keen on Shigaraki and the League somehow defeating them. That seems like the only way to go though, as it would feel strange if they still somehow lost. Then again, perhaps the High-End Nomu will come into play. Dabi has successfully tested one of them, so perhaps Ujiko will be willing to lend them some more. Still, I don't want these villains to be a one-off type of thing as I'd be more interested in having multiple villain groups active rather than the League of Villains simply defeating all the rest.

I still expect this to turn out like Tokage, however. *sighs*

Hmm? Why would people suspect him of being a member?

1. He's fucking weird (lol)
2. There's a chapter named after him for some reason.
3. When the purse-snatchers support gear crumbled, Slidey quickly answered Bakugo by saying they must have crumbled because they were inferior black market goods. We know the truth is that those gauntlets were manufactured by Detnerat and they were built to self-destruct. With that knowledge, one could suspect that Slidey was trying to quickly sidestep that possibility.
4. This may be a reach, but the pickpockets picked that time because they knew the hero schedule and thought they could get away with it. Even so, Slidey appeared pretty quickly after Bakugo and Todoroki beat the pickpockets. Maybe he was hanging around in the area to observe the support gear from afar, to report back to Detnerat.

Or, he's just some meme character Hori put in for a laugh. It's fun to speculate though.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
1. He's fucking weird (lol)
2. There's a chapter named after him for some reason.
3. When the purse-snatchers support gear crumbled, Slidey quickly answered Bakugo by saying they must have crumbled because they were inferior black market goods. We know the truth is that those gauntlets were manufactured by Detnerat and they were built to self-destruct. With that knowledge, one could suspect that Slidey was trying to quickly sidestep that possibility.
4. This may be a reach, but the pickpockets picked that time because they knew the hero schedule and thought they could get away with it. Even so, Slidey appeared pretty quickly after Bakugo and Todoroki beat the pickpockets. Maybe he was hanging around in the area to observe the support gear from afar, to report back to Detnerat.

Or, he's just some meme character Hori put in for a laugh. It's fun to speculate though.
Huh.

I can dig it. It doesn't sound like a stretch if you put it that way.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Oh
And Slidey said to "leave the rest to me".
basically, he wants AM, Todoroki and Bakugo to fuck off so he's the only hero there to hand the crooks over to the police. There's no other heroes around at time remember. That way he can erase evidence of the Detnerat connection before he hands them over to the cops
maybe there's a Destro plant in the police as well?

When Slidey comes back to kill Toga and Spinner, don't say I didn't warn you.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little worried that that 6-figure number is gonna be used as a "look how awesome these guys are!" thing rather than actually weighing into the battle. I could see them bringing in like... 10k dudes to the fight with the LoV and them all getting wrecked off panel to demonstrate how broken the High-Ends are, or something like that.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I'm a little worried that that 6-figure number is gonna be used as a "look how awesome these guys are!" thing rather than actually weighing into the battle. I could see them bringing in like... 10k dudes to the fight with the LoV and them all getting wrecked off panel to demonstrate how broken the High-Ends are, or something like that.

Bring thousands of dudes to fight the LoV is super counterproductive though. They don't want to start a massive villain brawl and reveal all their cards. No doubt they're still trying to avoid discovery by heroes like Hawks.
I'm guessing they'll still outnumber the LoV, but not by much. Just some heavyhitters to get the job done.

Then there's the possibility that the number is super inflated and most of the 100k is just ordinary people who think "Destro was pretty cool I guess".

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably like a small group of fighters (still bigger than the league but there's superhero agencies bigger than the league) of their really good fighters

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I hate when others job to make the League look stronger.
It really limits the scope of the larger world as a whole, which is one of my favorite aspects.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I hate when others job to make the League look stronger.
It really limits the scope of the larger world as a whole, which is one of my favorite aspects.
The League has never really beaten anyone on there own, I don't see anything wrong with them finally proving themselves, especially when their role in the story is to be that big bad organization that stands above all others

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The league jobs everytime, the only reason they look strong to the is because they take advantage of situations like with stain and with overhaul

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The league jobs everytime, the only reason they look strong to the is because they take advantage of situations like with stain and with overhaul
Also because they're pretty much one of the only actual competent villain group in Japan while the rest are basically two bit thugs and because they had Kurogiri

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder most villains are thugs that can be easily beaten by high school students with no actual combat experience

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Reminder most villains are thugs that can be easily beaten by high school students with no actual combat experience

Mostly because most organized threats have already been Squashed out by hero society. We still getvserial killers and stuff but bigger criminal enterprises have to be heavily hidden to avoid the law in this world.

Only people left over are usually low level thugs and people from older generations

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly because most organized threats have already been Squashed out by hero society. We still getvserial killers and stuff but bigger criminal enterprises have to be heavily hidden to avoid the law in this world.

Only people left over are usually low level thugs and people from older generations
I know the reason and it's why the only good villain organizations are ones that are funded or supported by old villains or criminal groups that were able to survive Leagur had Afo, Overhaul was Yakuza Destro is Destro

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I know the reason and it's why the only good villain organizations are ones that are funded or supported by old villains or criminal groups that were able to survive Leagur had Afo, Overhaul was Yakuza Destro is Destro

Its kinda why I want to see the bad old days when all human progress ground to a halt for atleast a generation but I don't want it to back slide into the that type of Era because I can only imagine how scary it was back then. I mean in the All For One flashback his group whole sale murdered a whole organization of people because they were trying to get some peace back in the streets.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Its kinda why I want to see the bad old days when all human progress ground to a halt for atleast a generation but I don't want it to back slide into the that type of Era because I can only imagine how scary it was back then. I mean in the All For One flashback his group whole sale murdered a whole organization of people because they were trying to get some peace back in the streets.
A No Man's Land type of situation could be a thing, and I can see it happening in the back half of the series.

If Dabi being Endeavor's son is true and is made public, Endeavor gets killed and Hawks gets outed as a double agent..those things happening in rapid succession would cripple Hero society

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
A No Man's Land type of situation could be a thing, and I can see it happening in the back half of the series.

If Dabi being Endeavor's son is true and is made public, Endeavor gets killed and Hawks gets outed as a double agent..those things happening in rapid succession would cripple Hero society

I'm gonna be honest I want Dabi to die

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
We need 5 chapters of Dabi and Todoroki showdown at the end of the series, please not disappoint me Hori

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
I'm willing to bet that the last arc will involve a Toga Vs Ochako and Dabi Vs Todoroki climatic showdown, their characters are made for that

Status
Not open for further replies.