• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fake Deku is actually wearing the same suit as original one shot Deku
1555682658813.png
Still the wrong tie.

Proto Deku still not knowing how to tie his freaking tie properly. Dammit.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

I swear it feels like Hori and I are on the same wavelength. I kept wanting Chitose Kizuki to be a vampire and he goes ahead and names her fight chapter Interview with A Vampire.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-22861-1367440828-25.gif

Delicious.

Destro definitely fits Norman Osborn aka The Green Goblin the most. He has shades of other villains in there, but the way he's so calculating until he snaps into mania is straight up Stormin' Norman and I want more. Even the way he insulted Giran with the finger jab was Norman like. It helps he has his own company as well. Also, I love that Giran is the damsel in distress. About time it was a guy.

Toga vs Kizuki! I knew Toga was fast, but I had forgotten just how impressive she was in that department. She shanked that one dude with the quickness. I can't tell if the fight next week will be mixed with more flashbacks or is Hori just teasing us for now. Hearing Kizuki say Toga's classmates called her bright and reasonable is...something. I'm with Kizuki. I need to know more.

-Liberation Army is cool and lame at the same time. It's nice there's so many of them, but they seem like low level fodder, at least in this chapter. I hope we learn more about the grunts, but Hori's juggling a lot right now.

-Kizuki has a mine quirk. Doesn't really seem to fit her imo, blood bending would've been a nice counter to Toga.

-What's with that weird mask in Toga's flashback?

-Kizuki's Spider Sense Line. This comic book geekery is why I love Hori so much. I'd love to get a drink with the guy and talk comics

Will we learn more about Toga? Does she have what it takes to take down Kizuki? Find out next time on My Hero(Villain)Academia!

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cool chapter. Nice to confirm that Kizuki actually has an offensive quirk, and it's Killer Queen lol

I definitely want to know how she got those ninja skills. Glad that actually has a story behind it.

And does Destro really not know about Giganto?

this lady seems just as crazy as Toga lol

Yea not really a fan of her personality and interview shtick, hope Toga kills her soon lol

-Kizuki has a mine quirk. Doesn't really seem to fit her imo, blood bending would've been a nice counter to Toga.

Class B teacher already has that

Liberarion Army is cool and lame at the same time

Lmao was thinking the same thing

grand

Oct 25, 2017
What crazy person would even teach Toga to be a ninja? Oh look, a crazy middle schooler who (probably) murdered her classmate and ran away from home is here. Time to make her a ninja! Surely she's not gonna also kill whoever it was that taught her ninja skills!

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
What crazy person would even teach Toga to be a ninja? Oh look, a crazy middle schooler who (probably) murdered her classmate and ran away from home is here. Time to make her a ninja! Surely she's not gonna also kill whoever it was that taught her ninja skills!
Maybe Stain needed a cute plucky sidekick

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah! Damn, I forgot Class B lol

Don't we all ;D

You'd think with their numbers at least a couple would have cool quirks lol. It's early I guess. Also, I fixed my type cause you quoted me and that's nice. Typos are my kryptonite

My issue is that I kinda wish they weren't all trained? 90% of a town all being not just secret villains, but also trained fighters feels a little silly. Though really I'm just saying that cuz its gonna hurt all the more when they all get crushed by the LoV D:

She comes from a family of assassins clearly

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
So Toga graduated middle school then disappeared and is currently 17 years old, so that should mean she's been on the run for three years. She would have been 14 when she graduated, unless they don't follow the usual Japanese academic calendar. Somewhere in those three years, she gained her ninja-like abilities. Perhaps she learned it from someone she eventually killed? I can't imagine something interesting enough to warrant the attention it's being given.
blood bending would've been a nice counter to Toga
Dude, please no. We don't need a Bleach situation where powers are met with their counter. That's one of the things I hated the most about Bleach. It felt so obviously forced and not well thought out. It's better to have unrelated powers pit against each other since it'll create more unexpected situations the characters will have to find ways to deal with.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
My issue is that I kinda wish they weren't all trained? 90% of a town all being not just secret villains, but also trained fighters feels a little silly. Though really I'm just saying that cuz its gonna hurt all the more when they all get crushed by the LoV D:
Lmao! Maybe they have ranks and we're just seeing all the trained fighters? When you put it that way yeah, it's definitely a stretch.

Count me in the camp that thinks the LoV will Swiper swipe the Liberation Army and take it for themselves. That would be a huge boon to the League and would put Shiggy in closer conversation to AfO, he had a ton of followers iirc.

Do you think Hori is setting up Deika City to be the new base for the League? I'm kinda leaning that way with how it was described this chapter. Seems like a perfect place for villains to hide in plain sight.
Dude, please no. We don't need a Bleach situation where powers are met with their counter. That's one of the things I hated the most about Bleach. It felt so obviously forced and not well thought out. It's better to have unrelated powers pit against each other since it'll create more unexpected situations the characters will have to find ways to deal with.
Lol I hear what you're saying, but Hori hasn't lost the light in his eyes like Kubo did. The fights are still good so I don't see Hori having that same issue.

Another reason I would've preferred blood bending or something similar is that it seems to fit Kizuki more than the mines quirk which feel random to me.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, please no. We don't need a Bleach situation where powers are met with their counter. That's one of the things I hated the most about Bleach. It felt so obviously forced and not well thought out. It's better to have unrelated powers pit against each other since it'll create more unexpected situations the characters will have to find ways to deal
You say but what if that's what Toga wanted her enemy to think and can temporally sacrifice all her blood for a short boost

There's no reason why her power works like that but it does and now she can't be blood bended

Blood bender: Strange when were you under the implication I needed your blood to win

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Chaptr was sick af. I like how with the villains Hori can be as savage as he wants with the fights since they're bad guys. Toga wasting no time throwing the knives around.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think Hori is setting up Deika City to be the new base for the League? I'm kinda leaning that way with how it was described this chapter. Seems like a perfect place for villains to hide in plain sight.

Seeing as how they're gonna have Giganto do this thing real soon, I doubt it. The heroes will come knocking.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Lmao! Maybe they have ranks and we're just seeing all the trained fighters? When you put it that way yeah, it's definitely a stretch.

Count me in the camp that thinks the LoV will Swiper swipe the Liberation Army and take it for themselves. That would be a huge boon to the League and would put Shiggy in closer conversation to AfO, he had a ton of followers iirc.

Lol I hear what you're saying, but Hori hasn't lost the light in his eyes like Kubo did. The fights are still good so I don't see Hori having that same issue.

Another reason I would've preferred blood bending or something similar is that it seems to fit Kizuki more than the mines quirk which feel random to me.

I really thing the League is gonna get completely washed in thus fight and only survive to get away when destro and Giga fight it out.

I think this going to make them rethink there strategy because they just cant pursist as they are because they dont have the level of power or organization needed to stand against hero society or thus new group. Any newer group with a bit of power could knock them off the way they are now.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"A League of Villains without their Noumu is nothing more than a gang of street punks"

Where is the goddamn lie

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Seeing as how they're gonna have Giganto do this thing real soon, I doubt it. The heroes will come knocking.
That's true. A lot, like a lot lol would have to go right(Shiggy earning Giganto's respect, Destro dying or allying with the LoV) but i think it's a possibility
I really thing the League is gonna get completely washed in thus fight and only survive to get away when destro and Giga fight it out.

I think this going to make them rethink there strategy because they just cant pursist as they are because they dont have the level of power or organization needed to stand against hero society or thus new group. Any newer group with a bit of power could knock them off the way they are now.
Honestly if they get washed in this fight I'll never consider them a real threat. There needs to be some kind of victory for them at the end of this arc, because other than AfO's Pyrrhic "victory" against All Might they've been losing since day one

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm predicting Toga learned her ninja skills from Stain, Horikoshi seems to be tying all her crushes with her past

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

It's true that the fights are still good... I guess I just really dislike it when power match-ups are done that way, but I guess it can still end up good even if that's how it was.

True about land mines not fitting her. Visually, especially with her eyes, blood bending or something similarly manipulative and sinister would be a good fit.
You say but what if that's what Toga wanted her enemy to think and can temporally sacrifice all her blood for a short boost

There's no reason why her power works like that but it does and now she can't be blood bended

Blood bender: Strange when were you under the implication I needed your blood to win
I think I'd dislike that even more, if they made an ass-pull ability to conveniently counter the opponent secretly the character's ability all along. Eugh.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It's true that the fights are still good... I guess I just really dislike it when power match-ups are done that way, but I guess it can still end up good even if that's how it was.
Trust me brother, if you were thinking about Bleach I get your distaste for match-ups like that.
True about land mines not fitting her. Visually, especially with her eyes, blood bending or something similarly manipulative and sinister would be a good fit.
I just want her to be a vampire. I love me some vampires

Classic kind, none of that Twilight BS lol

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

I think I'd dislike that even more, if they made an ass-pull ability to conveniently counter the opponent secretly the character's ability all along. Eugh.
I know you would it's a bleach joke

I remember when Yoroichi was fighting askin who can make himself immune to stuff then suddenly she can change her spiritual pressure in rapid time because she can just do for no reason

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Kizuki is kinda like a vampire in the sense that she's pursues leads and wrings out a story like a blood.
It's like how people will refer to those they see as having "dishonorable" professions, like lawyers, as "bloodsucking" or "like a vampire".

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I know you would it's a bleach joke
Oh. That's... yeah, I'm still pretty bad at identifying jokes online, lol.
I remember when Yoroichi was fighting askin who can make himself immune to stuff then suddenly she can change her spiritual pressure in rapid time because she can just do for no reason
This is exactly what I was thinking of. Ugh. Hated that so much.

Oh damn, that's a nice catch. I really like how a lot of things that happen later on in the story can be traced back to earlier points. It's a good sign that things have been planned out at least a bit. Makes me trust Horikoshi even more.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Oh. That's... yeah, I'm still pretty bad at identifying jokes online, lol.

This is exactly what I was thinking of. Ugh. Hated that so much.

Oh damn, that's a nice catch. I really like how a lot of things that happen later on in the story can be traced back to earlier points. It's a good sign that things have been planned out at least a bit. Makes me trust Horikoshi even more.

Now what if the person who trained Toga is the descendants if the last major figure we got introduced to when destro was introduced. The phantom theif guy.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Now what if the person who trained Toga is the descendants if the last major figure we got introduced to when destro was introduced. The phantom theif guy.
Had a similar thought a while back but now I'm leaning more towards it being Stain who trained her but it would be more interesting to bring that guy into this

Status
Not open for further replies.