• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Stain always seemed like the complete lone wolf type to me, like he seems like the type who knows that society views what he's doing as monstrous, but he feels it's necessary for the greater good, so he wouldn't be down with anyone trying to become his student or underling or whatever.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Why would it be Stain, I thought y'all was joking...
The timeframe fits since she's been killing people for around 2 or more years, Horikoshi seems to be giving to reasons why she has a crush on Deku so I can see him tying everything together by also giving more reasons to why she's obsessed with Stain

Stain has the skills and I could see maybe some situation where trained someone to join in his crusade
Stain always seemed like the complete lone wolf type to me, like he seems like the type who knows that society views what he's doing as monstrous, but he feels it's necessary for the greater good, so he wouldn't be down with anyone trying to become his student or underling or whatever.
well stain originally spared shigaraki because he thought they could join forces so he isn't above working with another outcast

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
The timeframe fits since she's been killing people for around 2 or more years, Horikoshi seems to be giving to reasons why she has a crush on Deku so I can see him tying everything together by also giving more reasons to why she's obsessed with Stain

Stain has the skills and I could see maybe some situation where trained someone to join in his crusade

well stain originally spared shigaraki because he thought they could join forces so he isn't above working with another outcast
wasn't stain planning to go after shiragaki after he was done in hosu

Dec 28, 2018
Sorry to sound like a broken record but maybe this arc will be longer than I previously thought. Before the chapter dropped I assumed that the fight between Toga and Kizuki would only be a chapter long, so I'm glad to see that didn't end up being the case. Also glad that the fight didn't end up being a simple 1 vs 1, like how chaotic it is. Though it didn't help ease my worry about the Liberation army being nothing more than fodder for the LOV to use to progress on. It seems like that if Kizuki didn't have her posse, Toga would shred her to ribbons rather quickly. Hopefully I'm proven wrong next chapter and she is a powerhouse by herself but I'm leaning towards the doubtful side. Really interested to learn about Toga's backstory. Wanna know why she went crazy if she seemingly lived a normal life or if she was always like that and also how she got so skilled in combat.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Sorry to sound like a broken record but maybe this arc will be longer than I previously thought. Before the chapter dropped I assumed that the fight between Toga and Kizuki would only be a chapter long, so I'm glad to see that didn't end up being the case. Also glad that the fight didn't end up being a simple 1 vs 1, like how chaotic it is. Though it didn't help ease my worry about the Liberation army being nothing more than fodder for the LOV to use to progress on. It seems like that if Kizuki didn't have her posse, Toga would shred her to ribbons rather quickly. Hopefully I'm proven wrong next chapter and she is a powerhouse by herself but I'm leaning towards the doubtful side. Really interested to learn about Toga's backstory. Wanna know why she went crazy if she seemingly lived a normal life or if she was always like that and also how she got so skilled in combat.

We havent even seen Kizuki actually fight. Most of Toga's Damage has come from the Lackeys and some well planned counters. We already know that they trained all their soldier in quirk usage and surprisingly decent in hand to hand combat I expect that the executives are way better than their lackeys.

ALSO tHIS chapter proves that they aren't just fodder. The lackeys are giving the league a run for their money and are acting with tactics and are splitting them up deliberately.

Dec 28, 2018
We havent even seen Kizuki actually fight. Most of Toga's Damage has come from the Lackeys and some well planned counters. We already know that they trained all their soldier in quirk usage and surprisingly decent in hand to hand combat I expect that the executives are way better than their lackeys.

ALSO tHIS chapter proves that they aren't just fodder. The lackeys are giving the league a run for their money and are acting with tactics and are splitting them up deliberately.
True but I can't see her being that much of a threat by herself. Just with how her quirk seems to work it doesn't seem terribly strong. I'd love to be proven wrong but I get the gut feeling that the fight will be over next chapter. And yeah the grunts are stronger than I expected them to be but I was more so referring to the top dogs of the Liberation army, a part of me is still worried that they'll be fodder for the LOV to use as a steppingstone.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Toga really tanked blood exploding within her body

I'm not sure she is gonna last much longer. Her leg was hit last chapter and this chapter her body got hit inside and outside. I think she gets taken by Kizuki half way through next chapter to give an actual interview on her terms with a restrained Toga. We are probably gonna move to the next fight with who ever is next to be separated.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
True but I can't see her being that much of a threat by herself. Just with how her quirk seems to work it doesn't seem terribly strong. I'd love to be proven wrong but I get the gut feeling that the fight will be over next chapter. And yeah the grunts are stronger than I expected them to be but I was more so referring to the top dogs of the Liberation army, a part of me is still worried that they'll be fodder for the LOV to use as a steppingstone.
Well I thought Kizuki was rather impressive with her strategy, she's not a pro hero or a well-known Villain, she's a book publisher, most of the people in this army probably just train their quirks on the weekends and have no experience in actual fights so the League of Villains should be dominating most of them, and looking at Toga's current situation you can say they aren't putting up a fight
I'm not sure she is gonna last much longer. Her leg was hit last chapter and this chapter her body got hit inside and outside. I think she gets taken by Kizuki half way through next chapter to give an actual interview on her terms with a restrained Toga. We are probably gonna move to the next fight with who ever is next to be separated.
The chapter ended with more of an impression that Toga is going to win, I believe next chapter is going to a Toga flashback

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The fight could go in a thousand different directions, but I'm leaning towards Kizuki being defeated sooner rather than later. As cool as she is, it seems she is being served to prop up and give more information about Toga. Given everything else happening this arc any flashback can't be longer than a chapter at most, which leads me to believe Toga could take her down once she gets in.

2-3 chapters per fight sounds alright, with Shiggy maybe going a little longer

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The fight could go in a thousand different directions, but I'm leaning towards Kizuki being defeated sooner rather than later. As cool as she is, it seems she is being served to prop up and give more information about Toga. Given everything else happening this arc any flashback can't be longer than a chapter at most, which leads me to believe Toga could take her down once she gets in.

I can see Toga's flashback taking multiple chapters like Kirishima's did

Dec 28, 2018
Well I thought Kizuki was rather impressive with her strategy, she's not a pro hero or a well-known Villain, she's a book publisher, most of the people in this army probably just train their quirks on the weekends and have no experience in actual fights so the League of Villains should be dominating most of them, and looking at Toga's current situation you can say they aren't putting up a fight
Oh I have zero problem with Kizuki's strategy it was actually pretty good, I was just hoping she would be more of a powerhouse but it doesn't really seem like she is.

Yeah I feel like she'll be taken down next chapter I can't really see this fight going on for a third one. Hope the other Liberation army top dogs got more going on for them as it really does feel like Kizuki was only being used as a way to tell Toga's backstory.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I can see Toga's flashback taking multiple chapters like Kirishima's did
I think we'll get just one chapter on it, maybe two. But I also think we'll get more developement later. She's one of the more prominent members of the league
Yeah I feel like she'll be taken down next chapter I can't really see this fight going on for a third one. Hope the other Liberation army top dogs got more going on for them as it really does feel like Kizuki was only being used as a way to tell Toga's backstory.
Yeah I could see that. Kizuki has such a great design it's a shame she's not more important, but yeah, I'm assuming she's the weakest of Destro's core group since she's fighting first

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be surprised if it did, she ain't that interesting
Kirishima got 2 chapters for just a confidence speech, Their a lot more questions for Toga's backstory that I don't think can be explained in one chapter like, the Izuku lookalike, where she got here skills from, and how she became a killer, also her family was also talked about last chapter

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah I could see that. Kizuki has such a great design it's a shame she's not more important, but yeah, I'm assuming she's the weakest of Destro's core group since she's fighting first
I'm also a fan of her design it's pretty good. I would hope she wasn't the weakest of the bunch but it seems likely that she is. On one hand if she does turn out to be the weakest than that possibly means that the other members are stronger and won't go down as easily. But on the other hand it's pretty disappointing for the single female character of the group to be so weak and beaten so quickly. Man the more we discuss this the more Kizuki is looking like a Lizard girl 2.0.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Let's just wait until the fight ends, no reason to say they look weak or not right now

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all acting like Kizuki has been touched and are comparing her to people we've never seen fight.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
All the damage Toga got was from Kizuki exploding the blood, she got extremely fucked up, so I don't know how you can compare Kizuki to lizard girl when Lizard girl couldn't even land a scratch on Bakugo

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kirishima got 2 chapters for just a confidence speech, Their a lot more questions for Toga's backstory that I don't think can be explained in one chapter like, the Izuku lookalike, where she got here skills from, and how she became a killer, also her family was also talked about last chapter

That's assuming Horikoshi even intends on answering all those questions in one chapter, which I highly doubt. You'd pretty much have to ignore the entire fight and just go straight into flashback mode. While yes, it's been done before, Horikoshi from what I can see clearly has a preference for interspersing the flashbacks throughout a fight, so Kirishima's whole thing feels more like an exception than anything else.

I don't see the entire arc slowing down just to fully tell her story right here and now, but we'll see.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
That's assuming Horikoshi even intends on answering all those questions in one chapter, which I highly doubt. You'd pretty much have to ignore the entire fight and just go straight into flashback mode. While yes, it's been done before, Horikoshi from what I can see clearly has a preference for interspersing the flashbacks throughout a fight, so Kirishima's whole thing feels more like an exception than anything else.

I don't see the entire arc slowing down just to fully tell her story right here and now, but we'll see.
Well the thing about this fight is it seems like the fight isn't the focus, Kizuki's entire character seems to be made with the purpose of just getting exposition about Toga's backstory

Dec 28, 2018
Kizuki gives off a vibe of being a character that only exists as a way to develop Toga and show off her backstory, like how Lizard girl only seemed to exist to show off Bakugo's growth so that's why I compared the two. Granted this can also be applied to the other Liberation members as well. I dunno maybe I'm jumping the gun to early on this but I ain't expecting much from Kizuki mostly because of how bad Horikoshi tends to be with female characters.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Kizuki gives off a vibe of being a character that only exists as a way to develop Toga and show off her backstory, like how Lizard girl only seemed to exist to show off Bakugo's growth so that's why I compared the two. Granted this can also be applied to the other Liberation members as well. I dunno maybe I'm jumping the gun to early on this but I ain't expecting much from Kizuki mostly because of how bad Horikoshi tends to be with female characters.
Every character has there purpose in the story, if Kizuki purpose is to be a throw-away Villain at least she's making an important female villain grow and develop, I wouldn't say Horikoshi is bad at writing female characters, it's just a lot of them aren't important characters, a lot of male and female characters haven't gotten that much development in the cast mainly because the screen time is mainly focused on the Deku, Todoroki, and Bakugo

Right now he is giving Toga more shine then most of the other characters in the league, when he gives a side character their time to shine it's usually good

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tokage exists since the start of the manga, she doesnt exist because of bakugo
Unless you think Horikoshi planned that she would lose to bakugo years before

Dec 28, 2018
Every character has there purpose in the story, if Kizuki purpose is to be a throw-away Villain at least she's making an important female villain grow and develop, I wouldn't say Horikoshi is bad at writing female characters, it's just a lot of them aren't important characters, a lot of male and female characters haven't gotten that much development in the cast mainly because the screen time is mainly focused on the Deku, Todoroki, and Bakugo

Right now he is giving Toga more shine then most of the other characters in the league, when he gives a side character their time to shine it's usually good
As someone who's been wanting another prominent female villain for a long while now it would really disappoint me if that's all Kizuki amounted to being. I in general don't want any of the Liberation army to end up being like that. As crazy and unrealistic as this may sound I want them to get characterization as well instead of being just one note mooks for the LOV to face off against. And maybe I was harsh in saying he was bad with female characters, I guess it would be better to say that I find him to be rather subpar with how he tends to handle the female cast in comparison to the male cast.
Tokage exists since the start of the manga, she doesnt exist because of bakugo
Unless you think Horikoshi planned that she would lose to bakugo years before
Felt like in that instance she only existed to prop him up. Though who knows maybe he did have it planned out years ago.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who's been wanting another prominent female villain for a long while now it would really disappoint me if that's all Kizuki amounted to being. I in general don't want any of the Liberation army to end up being like that. As crazy and unrealistic as this may sound I want them to get characterization as well instead of being just one note mooks for the LOV to face off against. And maybe I was harsh in saying he was bad with female characters, I guess it would be better to say that I find him to be rather subpar with how he tends to handle the female cast in comparison to the male cast.

Felt like in that instance she only existed to prop him up. Though who knows maybe he did have it planned out years ago.
While I do agree that the lack of female Villains is a problem I think looking at this point it's best to assume that all the top liberation army members are just stepping Stones for the league but I do hope Shigaraki by the end of this arc shigaraki can at least take over to army itself because I think the concept of them is at least the best part about them

Ask for the female problem I do think there is a problem but it isn't a writing one, it's that all the female characters in the story are essentially side characters, I was expecting Ochako to get as much focus as Bakugo and Todoroki but she got relegated to just the love interest role, the reason I have Toga as my favorite female in this manga is because at least in the group she's in she feels like an important character, all the girls in UA feels several tiers less important then Bakugo and Todoroki

Last edited:

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Y'all acting like Kizuki has been touched and are comparing her to people we've never seen fight.
I am making a lot of assumptions true, but I'm just going by previous examples. The strongest doesn't usually fight first
Best case scenario Destro's group continues to develop after this arc, becoming mini Kingpins.

In all actuality all of them will probably job to the league except maybe Destro.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I am making a lot of assumptions true, but I'm just going by previous examples. The strongest doesn't usually fight first

Best case scenario Destro's group continues to develop after this arc, becoming mini Kingpins.

In all actuality all of them will probably job to the league except maybe Destro.

Feel Good Inc CEO isn't even there though.

Dec 28, 2018
While I do agree that the lack of female Villains is a problem I think looking at this ar it's best to assume that all the top liberation army members are just stepping Stones for the league but I do hope Shigaraki by the end of this arc shigaraki can at least take over to army itself because I think the concept of them is at least the best part about them

Ask for the female problem I do think there is a problem but it isn't a writing one, it's that all the female characters in the story are essentially side characters, I was expecting Ochako to get as much focus as Bakugo and Todoroki but she got relegated to just the love interest role, the reason I have Toga as my favorite female in this manga is because at least in the group she's in she feels like an important character, all the girls in UA feels several tiers less important then Bakugo and Todoroki
They probably will end up being stepping stones but I hope at the very least there's more to them than just that. This only bothers me as much as it does is because I find them to be interesting especially Destro. Would be kinda neat to see how things would go if Shigaraki was able to somehow take control of the Liberation army by the end of the arc. Yeah I also used to think early on in the series that Ochako was going to be more prominent in the story but alas I was wrong. Hurts even worse as I'm a fan of her and the treatment she got during the overhaul arc and afterwards pissed me off so much, the one sided love stuff really didn't help either. I really do wish Horikoshi would give the female chracters in Class 1 A and other female characters as well bigger roles to play in arcs instead of minor ones like he constantly tends to do. It's because of how unimportant they feel in comparison to the male cast is why I find his treatment of them so subpar.

I'd like that but I can't shake the feeling that they'll be a one and done deal like Overhaul's group was, I hope this isn't the case. Yeah I also assume Destro won't job to bad and I think the hooded figure might not job hard either. Only guessing this as we still know nothing about that person and they could potentially be the secret weapon of the group, if there wasn't anything special with that character I feel like Horikoshi would have already revealed their design and name.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Ochako should have developed a rivalry with Izuku instead of a romance, their romance doesn't do anything positive to ether of them and it's not interesting to watch

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I'm almost completely sure that When Giga shows up he is going to reek some Havoc but he is gonna get his shit pushed in just to show the difference between the two group and most of the LoV is gonna be sent packing with their tales between their legs with Giran and maybe one more member dead or turned to the other side.

Its probably gonna force the LoV to actually operate like a gang and actively recruit and not just have Dabi kill Dozens of people at a time and actually train underlings to get their goals in place.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Ochako should have developed a rivalry with Izuku instead of a romance, their romance doesn't do anything positive to ether of them and it's not interesting to watch

Only people who have a rivalry with Deku are people who private issues they had to deal with it and Deku was just an outlet for them.

Iida doesn't have a Rivalry he just wanted to prove to himself that he didn't have to be with his friends to be effective and he proved that to me.

Dec 28, 2018
Man I wish this would have happened instead of what we got. I can sorta tolerate their crush for one another when their both freaking out over each other, I find that kinda funny. Not so funny when it becomes one sided then it's just annoying.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Feel Good Inc CEO isn't even there though.
Yet. Either he'll come to them or they'll go to him. No way he won't fight
I'd like that but I can't shake the feeling that they'll be a one and done deal like Overhaul's group was, I hope this isn't the case. Yeah I also assume Destro won't job to bad and I think the hooded figure might not job hard either. Only guessing this as we still know nothing about that person and they could potentially be the secret weapon of the group, if there wasn't anything special with that character I feel like Horikoshi would have already revealed their design and name.
You're probably right that they'll be one and done. That's another reason I'm hoping the league can take control over the Liberation Army, Deika City, or both. Give this arc some lasting impact for The League

Totally forgot about hooded guy. Variable X
Yeah it's really stalled her progress. Wish Hori would just have her admit it. You can only tease that shit for so long and it'd be legit interesting to have a shonen with main characters as an actual couple.

But this is Shonen. That shit probably ain't happening

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's really stalled her progress. Wish Hori would just have her admit it. You can only tease that shit for so long and it'd be legit interesting to have a shonen with main characters as an actual couple.

But this is Shonen. That shit probably ain't happening
Has there ever been a Shonen that had the main couple be a thing before the end?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I still think that the hate that ochako crush for deku gets is largely exagerated and mostly comes from fearmongering
Last arc was extremely bad about this with some people making fake leaks and mistaking she saving deku for hugging him
Oh and people thinking she would fall for Shinso's quirk for hearing deku confess that never made sense because shinso doesnt know she likes him

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I still think that the hate that ochako crush for deku gets is largely exagerated and mostly comes from fearmongering
Last arc was extremely bad about this with some people making fake leaks and mistaking she saving deku for hugging him
Oh and people thinking she would fall for Shinso's quirk for hearing deku confess that never made sense because shinso doesnt know she likes him
The fear people have of Ochako's crush is that it would continue to be written the same way it has been and still is

The whole being too shy to confess is a tired trope that is especially more annoying when it's the main female

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The fear people have of Ochako's crush is that it would continue to be written the same way it has been and still is

The whole being too shy to confess is a tired trope that is especially more annoying when it's the main female
It might be your fear but it isn't the impression I get from most people

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Ochako recognized that her crush was holding her back, and she's shown growth since then. I do wish that she got more shine, but that's true of most of the cast.

Maybe I just have a higher tolerance for will they/won't they stuff.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There's a couple, I guess. Mostly when characters are together in Shonen they're either a) not part of the main cast or b) already going out by the time the series starts. It's not a great genre if you're looking at the formation of healthy romantic relationships.

Sasuke'Sakura is still in a league of its own, mind.
Goku married chi-chi like halfway through
Absolutely does not count.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Uraraka's role in match five was a good set-up for future development.

I can't help but think how Uraraka could have been interned with another hero and gone into the labyrinth with Nighteye's group in the Yakuza arc.
It would probably mean sacrificing Suneater's role, but I think a class 1-A core of Deku/Red Riot/Uravity would have been a better choice.

Froppy would just have to play support lol.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's cute how awkward Deku and Ochako are around each other, other than that, I think she does fine when she's given focus, Horikoshi just has a problem doing that with female characters in general
Bruh Chi-chi? Lol come on now
Chi-chi is the only responsible member of Goku's family damnit

Status
Not open for further replies.