• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Unconfirmed spoilers, but same source that got info right for the last couple chapters
We don't get much about Toga's past besides the Deku lookalike was named Saitou, she drank his blood, and killed birds as a kid

Toga kills Kizuki by turning into Ochako and using Ochako's quirk to make Kizuki float high, she apparently can also duplicate quirks

Questionable at best

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
About Toga's quirk:
That's actually how it works in the MHA game so I wouldn't be surprised if Horikoshi gave them that info ahead of time or just decided to repurpose it for the main series.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
About Toga's quirk:
That's actually how it works in the MHA game so I wouldn't be surprised if Horikoshi gave them that info ahead of time or just decided to repurpose it for the main series.
1556133533718.jpg

He also spoiled it in one of the volumes

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
this fight serves 2 purpose, to show Toga's fighting capabilities and to make use curious about her past, I don't think we saw everything since we didn't get all the answers like why she's a trained fighter, I believe we'll get the the rest in the Prison Break arc maybe, and ask for Kizuki her character's only purpose was to ask questions about toga so I can't say I'll miss her

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Unconfirmed spoilers, but same source that got info right for the last couple chapters
We don't get much about Toga's past besides the Deku lookalike was named Saitou, she drank his blood, and killed birds as a kid

Toga kills Kizuki by turning into Ochako and using Ochako's quirk to make Kizuki float high, she apparently can also duplicate quirks
Well shit.

I hope this is true, or at least the part about Toga's quirk. There wasn't really any reason to believe she didn't copy the quirks too, I suppose. We simply didn't see her do anything with them yet, not say she can't. This makes her a much larger threat than we realized and that's pretty exciting.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised the correct leaks haven't shown up yet then, considering we're supposed to get the chapter officially in two days.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Totally unrelated but I love my avatar and I just felt the need to say it

about the chapter yeah it is better to wait

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I remember the time the text spoiler was badly written/translated and people thought that Hawks, Dabi and Toga were all double agents.
Good times.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I'm hoping the spoilers are fake too
not because of the Kizuki part, I don't care if she dies, I just wanted more backstory from Toga

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't spoil anything. Hence no spoiler tag

Yes I'm aware. I'm just saying it kinda sets a tone on what to expect when everyone's apparently hoping the spoilers are fake, and it's just an easily avoidable issue in general when impressions are put in tags alongside the actual spoilers. It's not the end of the world for me personally, but I've seen others not care for it in other OTs, so I've been mindful of that ever since.

Then again, it feels like DTL is the only other person here that doesn't read MHA spoilers, so maybe it's a total non-issue here for all I know lol

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I typically don't read spoilers. Pretty hard to even have a conversation in here sometimes since I usually read the Viz translations and you guys have been talking about the fan ones for days by then

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yes I'm aware. I'm just saying it kinda sets a tone on what to expect when everyone's apparently hoping the spoilers are fake, and it's just an easily avoidable issue in general when impressions are put in tags alongside the actual spoilers. It's not the end of the world for me personally, but I've seen others not care for it in other OTs, so I've been mindful of that ever since.

Then again, it feels like DTL is the only other person here that doesn't read MHA spoilers, so maybe it's a total non-issue here for all I know lol
Right. I'm not the only one who has talked about the upcoming chapter vaguely enough to not use spoilers, so idk why you quoted me but ok. I don't like spoilers either so it's something I'm always mindful of.

I've also been around the block long enough that i figured people know I'm not gonna start spoiling without a spoiler tag, but what the hell do I know

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Right. I'm not the only one who has talked about the upcoming chapter vaguely enough to not use spoilers, so idk why you quoted me but ok. I don't like spoilers either so it's something I'm always mindful of.

I've also been around the block long enough that i figured people know I'm not gonna start spoiling without a spoiler tag, but what the hell do I know

Well I said y'all, but yea, you just happened to be the last post I saw, didn't mean to make it like it was just you, my bad lol

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
looks like that leak was legit after all. Images are coming out now
It seems like one of my long-held headcannons about quirks and personalities is somewhat confirmed.

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
with the scans it's showing that it was her quirk that made her insane and she actually ate the birds as a kid

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
probably my favorite chapter in years, the spoilers had me worried they were going to make Toga unsympathetic but I did felt bad for her and I like her character even more now

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
probably my favorite chapter in years, the spoilers had me worried they were going to make Toga unsympathetic but I did felt bad for her and I like her character even more now
I dont feel bad for her at all. some people have fucked brain chemistry and its just how it is. She was just a rare born serial killer.

Also Yeah it seems Toga is out of the fight from all this. Also I'm not sure everyone is dead or not.

Dec 28, 2018
So the spoilers were true then. I've only looked at a few of the images but I can already tell I'm gonna be disappointed by this chapter.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I dont feel bad for her at all. some people have fucked brain chemistry and its just how it is. She was just a rare born serial killer.

Also Yeah it seems Toga is out of the fight from all this. Also I'm not sure everyone is dead or not.
it's a bit different than regular serial killers, she was born with the desire to drink blood, she's more like a vampire or Tokyo Ghoul character, like it would be hard to train a lion to be a vegetarian, it's in his nature to eat the certain food it wants to eat, the reason I feel for is because the way she was born she really did have no hope for a normal life
So the spoilers were true then. I've only looked at a few of the images but I can already tell I'm gonna be disappointed by this chapter.
the spoilers really didn't do the chapter justice, it's alot better than the spoilers made it out to be

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Not to say the series hasn't been getting more violent, but it's kinda surprising to see a person fall to their death with focus on the impact like that.

Pretty dark way to go.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I've just seen the scans and I have to say this chapter was nuts, some of those panels (especially the one where she's drinking his blood) are fucking disturbing.

Also dnabro looks like you were right about Toga killing him to become him lol.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
What a freaking sick chapter. These Liberation guys are really messing with the wrong people. They don't care about the liberation of their quirks, they are living the way they want. Toga not knowing she could use the quirks of people she copied makes sense because Ochako makes a specific motion when doing it. The touch then the hand sign. Good power-up for Toga imo.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Saw that character info page from Vol. 19 being passed around. Definitely seems like it was an attempt to preempt the developments here.

Though don't get me wrong, it does make sense given the use of their blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.