• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
EVERY MEMBER IS A HIGHLY TRAINED SOLDIER GUYS
giphy.gif

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Viz translations out

while it's still unclear whether the Deku lookalike is actually alive or not, it appears from the wording that Killer Queen is most definitely dead.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
EVERY MEMBER IS A HIGHLY TRAINED SOLDIER GUYS

I mean they had her ass dead to rights. Also not highly trained just trained lol. They are basically a militia with really good organization and concealment.

Toga got her ass destroyed this fight and won because she had a move that her opponents didn't know about. Its not a bad way to win but she is definitely out of the main fight because she looks like she is barely on her feat by the end of the chapter and that last sprint took most of what she had left in her.

And Now since we now know that the Video game is hints about the character powers. Can we predict that Dabi is going to be able to do a Anime Endevour and Form his fire and control it remotely.

What was the other weird quirks in the video game that might hint to other powers the character might have but didn't show yet?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Surprise Ochako's quirk is far deadlier on someone who won't hesitate in killing someone else...I mean Ochako has always been OP her ability just isn't as flashy as the others

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I think another implication is she has to know how the quirk works in order to use it. Also there's the scarier implication she could copy heyomorphic quirks too which could be really dangerous

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I think another implication is she has to know how the quirk works in order to use it. Also there's the scarier implication she could copy heyomorphic quirks too which could be really dangerous

You mean hetromorphic quirks? (mutations). It's already been confirmed that she can copy mutations, as she has Uraraka's distinctive fingerpads in the chapter.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You mean hetromorphic quirks? (mutations). It's already been confirmed that she can copy mutations, as she has Uraraka's distinctive fingerpads in the chapter.
Darn you mistype. Also I meant in that most quirk copiers can't do physical mutations and as a result that makes Toga even scarier

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Her reaction implies it's still a surprise to her, but it's still not clear whether she's always been able to or not. Not that I expected a clearer translation would've given us that information. At least I now understand the counseling part better.
I have two thoughts about Toga, one is if she gets hit with a quirk erasing bullet would her personality change since a lot of her personality is tied to her quirk?

The other is if she wants to become the people she loves so badly that she's getting quirk power ups, the people she loves are all good people against Shigaraki, wouldn't her goal just lead her to betraying Shigaraki?
Oh, those are really good questions. She wants to live an easy life and that's to be able to live freely too, so if her quirk isn't driving her desire to consume blood then she'll probably be able to live easily already. I've got a feeling she'll still have an appetite for blood, though, since she's lived all her life that way and it's likely permanently (or nearly permanently) imprinted onto her already.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Not really bothered by this powerup to be honest.

download-1.png

Part of me wonders why her disguise popped here tho. Maybe Toga loses her disguise once she uses the quirk?

Of course, it could just be the rule of cool, and it's kinda neat to see half Toga/Half Ochako.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017

download-1.png

Part of me wonders why her disguise popped here tho. Maybe Toga loses her disguise once she uses the quirk?

Of course, it could just be the rule of cool, and it's kinda neat to see half Toga/Half Ochako.

I think it's just because of her violent cough/internal injuries.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Cool list, cool list. Love the #3. Bit of a shame to see Iron Man 3 and the Ant-Man films so low, though. Gonna think on mine a bit.

Yup. I really hated what they did to Svartalfheim and the Dark Elves. Malekith is supposed to be a menacing and somewhat charismatic character, but this was just doom and gloom. And they wasted Christopher Eccleston! Eugh.
I could barely recognize my boy Eccleston under all that make up. Maybe one day the can redeem the dark elves.

I actually like Ant-Man as a character a whole lot, but his movies have always kinda been palette cleansers. Both Ant-Man and the sequel came out after Avengers movies lol
To not make a list I'll just say my top 5 are Winter Soldier, Infinity War, Both Guardians movies, and Ragnarok (no particular order)

Dark World is a strange movie for me, when I originally saw it in theaters I loved it and said it was better than Thor 1, now I have it the worst MCU movie

And I'm also probably one of the few people who didn't like Homecoming
I thought the Dark World was good when I first saw it too, but that was the only time.

Nah, there's a group of people who don't like homecoming for whatever reason. I strongly disagree, but to each their own!
Too much to be honest. Crazy weeks and crazy news all around.

Go watch endgame guys and gals!
I was prepared to lurk myself in the event I got snapped, so I understand lol
It's hard for me to rank them all so I'll have to list them per phase first.

Phase 1:
  1. Captain America: The First Avenger
  2. Iron Man
  3. The Avengers
  4. Iron Man 2
  5. Thor
  6. Incredible Hulk
Phase 2:
  1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy
  3. Iron Man 3
  4. Ant-Man
  5. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  6. Thor: The Dark World
Phase 3:
  1. Avengers: Infinity War
  2. Captain America: Civil War
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  4. Thor: Ragnarok
  5. Captain Marvel
  6. Black Panther
  7. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  9. Doctor Strange
Man, it was hard picking between Black Panther and Ragnarok. Now, let's see about that overall favorites list.
  1. Avengers: Infinity War
  2. Captain America: Civil War
  3. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  4. Captain America: Winter Soldier
  5. Captain America: The First Avenger
  6. Iron Man
  7. Thor: Ragnarok
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy
  9. The Avengers
  10. Captain Marvel
  11. Black Panther
  12. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  13. Iron Man 3
  14. Ant-Man
  15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  16. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  17. Iron Man 2
  18. Doctor Strange
  19. Thor
  20. Thor: The Dark World
  21. The Incredible Hulk
Ah, would you look at my top 5? Bet y'all can't tell who my favorite MCU character is. Anyways, this is a list based more on how I feel towards each movie rather than a ranking from best to worst. That can be influenced by how much I've watched something or how recently I watched it. Captain Mavel, for instance, is more recent but I did really enjoy that film. Then there's Guardians vol. 2 which I enjoyed a lot back then but I just didn't care enough to watch during my MCU re-watch. That and Doctor Strange were the only ones I didn't watch. Oh, and The Incredible Hulk. I kinda dislike Doctor Strange and don't care enough for the other two.
Look at you with your fancy lists and organizing movie rankings by phases lol, I love the attention to detail bro.

Spider-Man is my favorite hero, but Cap is my favorite Avenger. Judging by your list I'd say we both feel that way. The first half of our lists are pretty similar
——————
So yeah, read the official translation to see if it would clear up the confusion on whether or not Toga always knew she could use other quirks

Lol nope

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
——————
So yeah, read the official translation to see if it would clear up the confusion on whether or not Toga always knew she could use other quirks

Lol nope

the translation made me think that she didn't. Made it sound like at that moment she wanted to be more like Ochaco which made her be able to use her quirk.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
the translation made me think that she didn't. Made it sound like at that moment she wanted to be more like Ochaco which made her be able to use her quirk.

Also she just tried it because she was in a pinch. It was pretty much a hail-mary pass for her because she was cornered at deaths door with them countering all her other strategies.

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes 52

Late on everything cause a work retreat...

Epic chapter, love shooty go blam not being unlimited and also Koichi not having unlimited stamina.

Love story with captain celebrity was great too!

Cool best jeanist.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Vigilantes 52

Late on everything cause a work retreat...

Epic chapter, love shooty go blam not being unlimited and also Koichi not having unlimited stamina.

Love story with captain celebrity was great too!

Cool best jeanist.

Its is both lovely and Sad to see Captain Celebrities story. I hope he survives to reconcile with his wife because he seems to have genuinely became a better man and is working on his faults and kinda want things to work out for him.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I actually like Ant-Man as a character a whole lot, but his movies have always kinda been palette cleansers. Both Ant-Man and the sequel came out after Avengers movies lol
I think I enjoy them so much because they're so different (first was a heist movie, second was this MacGuffin chase thing involving multiple parties) from the usual MCU flick and because their comedy never feels forced or inappropriate. Not like some of the other movies...
Look at you with your fancy lists and organizing movie rankings by phases lol, I love the attention to detail bro.
I like being organized and making lists, heh.
Spider-Man is my favorite hero, but Cap is my favorite Avenger. Judging by your list I'd say we both feel that way. The first half of our lists are pretty similar
Great taste as always! Cap's my definite fave (has been since the grenade scene in First Avenger) in the MCU but he has the advantage of being around more and being Chris Evans, lol. I expect things will change eventually after Endgame... Sadly.
Endgame spoilers can no longer hurt me!
Lucky! Now please don't hurt us with them. I'm watching tomorrow, so it won't be too long of a wait.

Oct 25, 2017
Its is both lovely and Sad to see Captain Celebrities story. I hope he survives to reconcile with his wife because he seems to have genuinely became a better man and is working on his faults and kinda want things to work out for him.
I thought hed die, but when Koichi got there and now jeanist, I think he'll come out just fine. And itd be cruel to kill him without ever being there to hold his child.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, I wonder if they're actually going to follow the logic of the Toga fight. Sure, she took out a couple dozen guys, but there's still thousand and thousands of people there. If the other League members do that well, the LoV will lose in about 10 or so chapters, having taken out like... 400 army types? Which is a good rate, but considering that there's tens of thousands of them, probably not good enough.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Y'know, I wonder if they're actually going to follow the logic of the Toga fight. Sure, she took out a couple dozen guys, but there's still thousand and thousands of people there. If the other League members do that well, the LoV will lose in about 10 or so chapters, having taken out like... 400 army types? Which is a good rate, but considering that there's tens of thousands of them, probably not good enough.

Its more like it looks like she took out maybe 30 people but yeah there are thousands of people maybe there waiting to be tagged in. Its not good because Toga is out of the fight for the most part now.

Oct 25, 2017
Guess Horikoshi got inspired by BLack Clover. Could totally insert a scene with Togas Grimoire flipping to a blank page and olden language being transcribed on the blank pages.

Love seeing writers inspire each other.

Hoping we see Kirishima and Kaminari also go beyond and gain new abilities. Hype.

Also reconfirms Toga as best femchar in jump, that's not Sakura Haruno.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Guess Horikoshi got inspired by BLack Clover. Could totally insert a scene with Togas Grimoire flipping to a blank page and olden language being transcribed on the blank pages.

Love seeing writers inspire each other.

Hoping we see Kirishima and Kaminari also go beyond and gain new abilities. Hype.

Also reconfirms Toga as best femchar in jump, that's not Sakura Haruno.

Kirishima already got his new form a few arcs ago. His unbreakable form makes him look like a mini-kaiju and I can see him making ungrades to that form for awhile because thier are various ways he can go with it.

Also I love that Captain celebrity is another refutation of Stains Ideology because he was a bit of a misguided bad person but he also is genuinely trying to be a better petson and cut the toxic people he used to hang aroind out of his life and build himself back up so he can be with his wife and kid again.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The smart thing to do would be to get the MLA to damage Gigantomachia enough to make him bleed, or vulnerable enough that the League can make him bleed. Then Toga gets what she can. Oh, but I seem to recall there being a limitation that she needed to be close to the same size as what she's transforming into? Maybe I'm thinking of some other series or power. Gonna have to look that up.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
From the way she acted it definitely seems she didn't know that she could ochako's quirk, i dunno what is the confusion now.

download-1.png

I think using quirks makes her blood fuel deplete faster

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
From the way she acted it definitely seems she didn't know that she could ochako's quirk, i dunno what is the confusion now.

I think using quirks makes her blood fuel deplete faster

She also is gonna have to pull a deku and take notes or more people so that she understands their quirks so she can use them when transormed. there may be more restrictions we don't know about yet just like we didn't know about Monama's restrictions until he actually talked about them

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm free from the Endgame spoiler bunker. Fantastic movie.

Now back to Japanese super heroes.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
She also is gonna have to pull a deku and take notes or more people so that she understands their quirks so she can use them when transormed. there may be more restrictions we don't know about yet just like we didn't know about Monama's restrictions until he actually talked about them
Yeah, if people are troubled about her powers I am certain it will be explained/developed further in the future

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Great taste as always! Cap's my definite fave (has been since the grenade scene in First Avenger) in the MCU but he has the advantage of being around more and being Chris Evans, lol. I expect things will change eventually after Endgame... Sadly.
I've liked Cap since Marvel vs Capcom, and I really started to dig him around First Avenger's release. He's the Boy Scout archetype done perfectly, and yeah, Evans was perfectly cast. Elevated the character for sure.
Lucky! Now please don't hurt us with them. I'm watching tomorrow, so it won't be too long of a wait.
Enjoy brother! You'll love it!
Yea the official translation didn't really clarify things much. Oh well, still a mess to me either way.
Yeah, I'm wondering if Hori just assumed we would all think she had just discovered it's possible she can copy quirks. He barely spends any time on it and the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Less messy that way too

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I've liked Cap since Marvel vs Capcom, and I really started to dig him around First Avenger's release. He's the Boy Scout archetype done perfectly, and yeah, Evans was perfectly cast. Elevated the character for sure.

Enjoy brother! You'll love it!

Yeah, I'm wondering if Hori just assumed we would all think she had just discovered it's possible she can copy quirks. He barely spends any time on it and the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Less messy that way too

That assumption is correct, for a couple of reasons.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Was bored, read Barrage, was a fun read despite being a short run. Author has definitely grow since

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It isn't like Toga had time to think about it, she could be killed in any moment

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
It was a last ditch effort for survival, it makes sense why she would try it even if she didn't knew it would work

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I wonder what Hori thought of Endgame.
It would be cool if we got a twitter sketch out of it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.