• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Bruh. This movie. This fucking movie.
pKz3nQO.jpg

You know the movie is good when my boy Bunkitz changes his avatar

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
More extras from Volume 23 are coming out and Shigaraki is featured in an omake page!
It'll be cool to see the other villains eventually get pages as well.
Apparently Shiggy is 5'7. Doesn't really seem right to me but whatever.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Drawn by the Jujutsu Kaisen Mangaka
1556527324484.jpg

Also a translated quote from the volume:

[ In volume 7 I acted kind of pretentious saying "I'd like the villains to be scary so I'm not going to write their profiles", but that was at the point of volume 7. To take a step forward from that I'm going to start drawing introduction pages for the League of Villains too. ]

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
You know the movie is good when my boy Bunkitz changes his avatar
EumK0R9.jpg

So. Thoughts on Endgame? I still need to process it some more but in general coming out of the cinema, I fucking loved it and true to the preview reactions, it was a perfect send-off to the Infinity Saga.

I've been preparing myself for Chris Evans leaving the role of Steve Rogers for years now and coming into Endgame, there was only one ending for him I would have been happy with. This was it. This was fucking it. We got it. Finally. They get their dance and they're happy together.
1556527324484.jpg

[ In volume 7 I acted kind of pretentious saying "I'd like the villains to be scary so I'm not going to write their profiles", but that was at the point of volume 7. To take a step forward from that I'm going to start drawing introduction pages for the League of Villains too. ]
Dabi up front. I like. I wanna try this series too, will hopefully get around to it soon-ish.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
EumK0R9.jpg

So. Thoughts on Endgame? I still need to process it some more but in general coming out of the cinema, I fucking loved it and true to the preview reactions, it was a perfect send-off to the Infinity Saga.

I've been preparing myself for Chris Evans leaving the role of Steve Rogers for years now and coming into Endgame, there was only one ending for him I would have been happy with. This was it. This was fucking it. We got it. Finally. They get their dance and they're happy together.

Dabi up front. I like. I wanna try this series too, will hopefully get around to it soon-ish.

As a whole, I ultimately like Infinity War more, but as a finale to a 10 year saga, this is one of the best finale's I've ever seen to anything.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Offtopic but this endgame vs got discussions are dumb
back to topic I am happy that we have profiles for the villains now, hope we get profiles for the defeated/deceased villains too

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
1556527324484.jpg

Dabi got that Megumi look. Shigi works well in their style.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

I fucking loved it, but I'm a 100% Marvel Stan so they would've had to have shit the bed hard for me to be disappointed. Luckily, I think it was their best film yet.

I'm pretty much in love with the film, every scene felt like it had so much weight. I laughed during the entire first scene with Professor Hulk. He's basically the Mr. Fix It version of the Hulk, and it was great seeing him in a movie. The fact that they've even gotten to the point where they've earned having Smart Hulk is wild to me. My comics really are coming to life!

I was sooo down with Ronin Clint. Wished we had gotten more. That scene was so badass.

Fat Thor is my favorite Thor. That is all.

Black Widows death was shocking, but earned, I do hope they find a way to bring her back to life in a future movie. She's become one of my faves.

That last hour I was a fucking wreck. It went full fucking comic book and it was amazing!!!! Cap picking up Mjolnir, everyone coming back from the portals, the A-Force moment with all the female Avengers, Peter finally getting a hug from Tony, and of course, dat ending...

He is Iron Man. I cried like a fucking baby when he died and for the funeral scene afterward. I was prepared for Cap to die so Tony got me, though in hindsight it had to be Tony.

I agree with everything you said about Captain America, and I'm glad he survived and got to be with Peggy. It also makes it easier to bring him back in the future. They already figured out the de-aging tech when they were experimenting with Time Travel on Ant-Man.

I plan on seeing it at least 2 more times.

It's an Avengers World.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Bah, long week. Still quite a while before we get the next chapter so to kill some time, how about an arc-relevant poll? Who's your favorite League of Villains character and why? Didn't realize we could have up to seven choices. I think that covers most of the League's members. Thinking of doing another poll next time for other villains after this one.

Mine is Dabi for mostly shallow reasons. Primarily because I love his design and quirk, but also very much so because of his potential ties to the Todoroki family. His aloof personality isn't anything new or special, and while I prefer the rest of the League's closer relationships with its members, I do find it appealing too. There's still technically not a lot behind Dabi's character so I'll have to wait and see if I'll like him after we find out about his past, be it a Todoroki reveal or otherwise.

Anyways, here's an awesome Dabi fan art.

Caption says "The anime's Dabi-chan truly has beautiful eyes..."
I just watched this and yeah THIS FUCKING MOVIE
SO good. Does it make your top 5? Like it more than Infinity War?
I fucking loved it, but I'm a 100% Marvel Stan so they would've had to have shit the bed hard for me to be disappointed. Luckily, I think it was their best film yet.

I'm pretty much in love with the film, every scene felt like it had so much weight. I laughed during the entire first scene with Professor Hulk. He's basically the Mr. Fix It version of the Hulk, and it was great seeing him in a movie. The fact that they've even gotten to the point where they've earned having Smart Hulk is wild to me. My comics really are coming to life!

I was sooo down with Ronin Clint. Wished we had gotten more. That scene was so badass.

Fat Thor is my favorite Thor. That is all.

Black Widows death was shocking, but earned, I do hope they find a way to bring her back to life in a future movie. She's become one of my faves.

That last hour I was a fucking wreck. It went full fucking comic book and it was amazing!!!! Cap picking up Mjolnir, everyone coming back from the portals, the A-Force moment with all the female Avengers, Peter finally getting a hug from Tony, and of course, dat ending...

He is Iron Man. I cried like a fucking baby when he died and for the funeral scene afterward. I was prepared for Cap to die so Tony got me, though in hindsight it had to be Tony.

I agree with everything you said about Captain America, and I'm glad he survived and got to be with Peggy. It also makes it easier to bring him back in the future. They already figured out the de-aging tech when they were experimenting with Time Travel on Ant-Man.

I plan on seeing it at least 2 more times.

It's an Avengers World.
Lmao, same. It was highly unlikely that I would come out disappointed in the first place. I have never watched an MCU film and left the cinema disappointed, but I did dislike Thor: The Dark World and Doctor Strange eventually.

Professor Hulk is kind of weird for me because while I'm down with the idea of Banner and Hulk merging together, that's... not exactly what we got. Apparently, there was a Professor Hulk in the comics before where three personalitie merged together to create a new one. Great. However, in the MCU, what we actually get is Banner basically absorbing Hulk. We don't get any traces of Hulk's personality here, it's all entirely Banner. I'm not a fan of that especially given how much I enjoyed Hulk's character in Ragnarok. Still... I did enjoy the character, just not the technicalities of it and how he came to be. I just wish they changed his personality and made him a bit more like Hulk.

Same! I wish we got more, it's a shame we didn't see him fighting as Ronin (more katana, less bow and arrow) more. It's an even bigger shame we didn't really get to see him with his mask and hood on much. On the other hand, I saw a Ronin cosplayer at FCBD earlier today. That was neat.

I wouldn't want them to bring Nat back because it weakens the whole "permanent exchange" deal and I'd like it to stay relevant. I do agree that it was earned though, and I love the way her character arc ends. It definitely helped to preface it with the reveal (if you can consider it one) that she has nothing else but the Avengers and that they mean the world to her. They're her family and home and in line with her desire to rid her ledger of all the red, it makes sense that she'd be 100% willing to sacrifice herself to not only save her family but also (attempt to) save the entire universe. I absolutely wouldn't have been against Clint being the one to go, though. It would've been cool to have the Hawkeye series star Kate instead or maybe even Violet. (I'd prefer Kate, of course, lol)

The last hour was just... it was an absolute joy to watch. Yes, it was definitely fan service and almost like a checklist of characters and fights, but it was totally earned! It works because of the MCU and all it's built towards since 2008. God, I just love it so much. Cap finally wielding Mjolnir made me lose my mind. I screamed in the cinema and was freaking out (in a controlled manner, haha) so much. Then that awesome A-Force moment, Instant Kill Mode finally being used, the Iron Gauntlet relay, the Rescue/Iron Man combo! So much. So much Good Shit™. The best is still definitely Cap soloing Thanos with Mjolnir and the shield. OH BUT ALSO WANDA SOLOING THANOS LIKE A FUCKING BOSS. She forced him to use his entire arsenal to wipe out the field! Hell yeah, Wanda!

Peter reuniting with Tony wrecked me so much... and Peter and Pepper saying goodbye to Tony... GOD. Plus, the fact that Tony ultimately built the time machine because he missed Peter. Don't talk to me, man. I can't. This movie. Peter's relationship with Tony. GOD. *sobs uncontrollably*

I was so not prepared for Cap to die and I dreaded it the whole time. I was ready for Tony to die but I didn't expect to get so emotional about it. He is Iron Man. They both got their perfect endings, in my opinion, and I'm so grateful to the Russo brothers for that.

I'm planning on maybe watching it again tomorrow? Not sure if I'll watch it a third time, will have to see how I feel after a second viewing.
Well shit. The green coloring can also be viewed as a Green Goblin nod, if you want.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Bah, long week. Still quite a while before we get the next chapter so to kill some time, how about an arc-relevant poll? Who's your favorite League of Villains character and why? Didn't realize we could have up to seven choices. I think that covers most of the League's members. Thinking of doing another poll next time for other villains after this one.

Mine is Dabi for mostly shallow reasons. Primarily because I love his design and quirk, but also very much so because of his potential ties to the Todoroki family. His aloof personality isn't anything new or special, and while I prefer the rest of the League's closer relationships with its members, I do find it appealing too. There's still technically not a lot behind Dabi's character so I'll have to wait and see if I'll like him after we find out about his past, be it a Todoroki reveal or otherwise.
Hmm, it's probably Twice, though Spinner just needs that one good chapter to put him over the top for me.

Twice brings a lot of comedy with a truly messed up origin. I like the dual personality angle a whole lot too. Helps that his look is also Deadpool inspired.
Anyways, here's an awesome Dabi fan art.

Caption says "The anime's Dabi-chan truly has beautiful eyes..."

Good stuff.
Lmao, same. It was highly unlikely that I would come out disappointed in the first place. I have never watched an MCU film and left the cinema disappointed, but I did dislike Thor: The Dark World and Doctor Strange eventually.

Professor Hulk is kind of weird for me because while I'm down with the idea of Banner and Hulk merging together, that's... not exactly what we got. Apparently, there was a Professor Hulk in the comics before where three personalitie merged together to create a new one. Great. However, in the MCU, what we actually get is Banner basically absorbing Hulk. We don't get any traces of Hulk's personality here, it's all entirely Banner. I'm not a fan of that especially given how much I enjoyed Hulk's character in Ragnarok. Still... I did enjoy the character, just not the technicalities of it and how he came to be. I just wish they changed his personality and made him a bit more like Hulk.

Same! I wish we got more, it's a shame we didn't see him fighting as Ronin (more katana, less bow and arrow) more. It's an even bigger shame we didn't really get to see him with his mask and hood on much. On the other hand, I saw a Ronin cosplayer at FCBD earlier today. That was neat.

I wouldn't want them to bring Nat back because it weakens the whole "permanent exchange" deal and I'd like it to stay relevant. I do agree that it was earned though, and I love the way her character arc ends. It definitely helped to preface it with the reveal (if you can consider it one) that she has nothing else but the Avengers and that they mean the world to her. They're her family and home and in line with her desire to rid her ledger of all the red, it makes sense that she'd be 100% willing to sacrifice herself to not only save her family but also (attempt to) save the entire universe. I absolutely wouldn't have been against Clint being the one to go, though. It would've been cool to have the Hawkeye series star Kate instead or maybe even Violet. (I'd prefer Kate, of course, lol)

The last hour was just... it was an absolute joy to watch. Yes, it was definitely fan service and almost like a checklist of characters and fights, but it was totally earned! It works because of the MCU and all it's built towards since 2008. God, I just love it so much. Cap finally wielding Mjolnir made me lose my mind. I screamed in the cinema and was freaking out (in a controlled manner, haha) so much. Then that awesome A-Force moment, Instant Kill Mode finally being used, the Iron Gauntlet relay, the Rescue/Iron Man combo! So much. So much Good Shit™. The best is still definitely Cap soloing Thanos with Mjolnir and the shield. OH BUT ALSO WANDA SOLOING THANOS LIKE A FUCKING BOSS. She forced him to use his entire arsenal to wipe out the field! Hell yeah, Wanda!

Peter reuniting with Tony wrecked me so much... and Peter and Pepper saying goodbye to Tony... GOD. Plus, the fact that Tony ultimately built the time machine because he missed Peter. Don't talk to me, man. I can't. This movie. Peter's relationship with Tony. GOD. *sobs uncontrollably*

I was so not prepared for Cap to die and I dreaded it the whole time. I was ready for Tony to die but I didn't expect to get so emotional about it. He is Iron Man. They both got their perfect endings, in my opinion, and I'm so grateful to the Russo brothers for that.

I'm planning on maybe watching it again tomorrow? Not sure if I'll watch it a third time, will have to see how I feel after a second viewing.
I caught the movie a second time last night, and in hindsight, Hulk definitely should've gotten another shot at Thanos somewhere. I was so excited that we even got to Professor Hulk I didn't realize there was no trace of the old Hulk. Hopefully Ruffalo isn't done, because there is definitely more stuff to mine there. I want Mob Boss Mr.Fix It Hulk.

I'm hoping there's a chance we get some more Ronin in the Disney + Hawkeye show, but I'm not holding my breath. Agreed about Black Widow. Upon seeing it again and reflecting(and crying) it was how it had to end. Same with Tony. I sobbed again at his funeral lol. But yeah, everyone ended up exactly where they needed to be.

Wanda bodying Thanos was amazing, thanks for reminding me! Good Shit indeed.

Well shit. The green coloring can also be viewed as a Green Goblin nod, if you want.
That too lol. Can't wait to see what his quirk is.
————
What's everybody been doing during Golden Week? I'm making some good progress in One Piece, about halfway(?) through the Arlong Park arc and I'm really enjoying it.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Poor Spinner got forgotten even in this thread popularity poll
In my defense, I thought the League had more members aside from Spinner. I suppose the current lineup only actually has six members so I should've included him... Nobody voted for "Other" but I'll change it anyway, lol.
Hmm, it's probably Twice, though Spinner just needs that one good chapter to put him over the top for me.

Twice brings a lot of comedy with a truly messed up origin. I like the dual personality angle a whole lot too. Helps that his look is also Deadpool inspired.
Twice would be my favorite if I wasn't so biased towards Dabi, that's for sure. He's the most interesting member so far and I love how much he cares for his teammates as well. Plus, it's pretty freaking cool how he fights with a razor-sharp measuring tape. Quite adeptly too from what the anime showed us.
I caught the movie a second time last night, and in hindsight, Hulk definitely should've gotten another shot at Thanos somewhere. I was so excited that we even got to Professor Hulk I didn't realize there was no trace of the old Hulk. Hopefully Ruffalo isn't done, because there is definitely more stuff to mine there. I want Mob Boss Mr.Fix It Hulk.

I'm hoping there's a chance we get some more Ronin in the Disney + Hawkeye show, but I'm not holding my breath. Agreed about Black Widow. Upon seeing it again and reflecting(and crying) it was how it had to end. Same with Tony. I sobbed again at his funeral lol. But yeah, everyone ended up exactly where they needed to be.

Wanda bodying Thanos was amazing, thanks for reminding me! Good Shit indeed.
Maybe we'll get some flashbacks to Clint's Ronin days in Hawkeye? I'd love if we did just to see the suit and katana more in action. That, and it would be disappointing to not see any proper consequences from his murderous vigilante days.
.....Anybody got any leaks for 227 yet?

giphy.gif
Unfortunately, given that the chapter is still a week away, I doubt we'll get any anytime soon.

I hope the next chapters will focus on either Spinner or Mr. Compress.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Unfortunately, given that the chapter is still a week away, I doubt we'll get any anytime soon.

I hope the next chapters will focus on either Spinner or Mr. Compress.

Yeah I understand why what with golden week going on (which is good! everybody deserves a break, not least Horikoshi) just the wait is killing me, especially with such a bonkers arc, I'm also hoping for more spinner, the way they've been quitely building him up this arc makes me think they've got some really cool stuff planned for him.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Some cool art from Umakoshi, the anime's... character designer, I believe?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully he's back for S4 and not stuck on the movie like he was during last season. The lack of his polish was definitely felt in some episodes.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully he's back for S4 and not stuck on the movie like he was during last season. The lack of his polish was definitely felt in some episodes.
We have another movie coming so I'm not so optimistic about this, but it did sound like the movie will premiere later (they said winter so I think it's a 2020 flick?) so... at the very least, maybe he'll be involved in the fourth season more than he was in the third? Or was he completely not a part of season 3?

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so too but besides the MHA movie, he is also working on another movie as character designer slated for 2020(some magical girl movie), so his chances of appearing might be even lower.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Bunkitz!
Bunkitz!
There's a new Far From Home trailer!

Ah!

*spontaneously combusts into flames*
Silly Tace. You think I would risk myself getting spoiled like the Homecoming trailer spoiled me of the entire plot? Not this time! Seriously though, I'm good. It's not that far away anyway.
Not sure about rankings but definitely liked it a lot more than Infinity war
Cool, cool. Not a big fan of Infinity War, though? For me, it's pretty close between the two but I prefer Endgame.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, cool. Not a big fan of Infinity War, though? For me, it's pretty close between the two but I prefer Endgame.
I like there's moments I love but I didn't love the movie overall like some people did though it has the better thanos

Endgame overall is stronger movie especially when watching it in the cinema lol

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Not surprised Twice is in the lead, but I'm a little surprised not a single person voted for Kurogiri. I thought he was fairly popular. Then again, I suppose it's hard to be the favorite when you've got others like Twice and Dabi there.
I like there's moments I love but I didn't love the movie overall like some people did though it has the better thanos

Endgame overall is stronger movie especially when watching it in the cinema lol
Ah, fair enough. It's certainly not perfect and I think one of the things that makes it weaker is that it's nearly just one big action set piece after another. There's sort of not enough down time... I guess, is what I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.