• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Season 4 trailer, airs October 12

YOOO!!! That short clip of Shoto looked really good! I can't remember anything like it in the manga... and he was in his school uniform so that couldn't have been the training session where they were trying to create new special moves. I wonder where it's supposed to be from.

Made a quick GIF of it but it's kinda too slow...

BNHA-S4PV1_01c.gif

I have another one that's 0.01 seconds faster per frame but then it ends up looking way too fast. Hmm.

EDIT: OH WAIT. Silly me. The special moves scenes were already done last season. So these must be completely new scenes then. I thought of the special moves creation class because I saw Bakugo do an AP shot in the PV, I think.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
YOOO!!! That short clip of Shoto looked really good! I can't remember anything like it in the manga... and he was in his school uniform so that couldn't have been the training session where they were trying to create new special moves. I wonder where it's supposed to be from.

Made a quick GIF of it but it's kinda too slow...

BNHA-S4PV1_01c.gif

I have another one that's 0.01 seconds faster per frame but then it ends up looking way too fast. Hmm.

EDIT: OH WAIT. Silly me. The special moves scenes were already done last season. So these must be completely new scenes then. I thought of the special moves creation class because I saw Bakugo do an AP shot in the PV, I think.

I think they're new scenes because those Bakugo scenes are certainly not in the manga, little bit unnecessary but oh well.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I think they're new scenes because those Bakugo scenes are certainly not in the manga, little bit unnecessary but oh well.
If I had to guess I'd say they're of Bakugo and Shoto training to catch up, i.e. part of their little arc for later this season so I don't think it's necessarily unnecessary. If anything, I found it a tiny bit disappointing that we only saw one of their remedial classes, so if we got to see a bit more of it, I'd be very happy about it.

---

Made a GIF of the Big Three as well! Really excited to see them in action.

BNHA-S4PV1_02c.gif

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Think I already spot a Yutaka Nakamura cut in the PV. That's a good sign, we barely got him last season and not until towards the end.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I I'm getting it right 'The Mother of Quirks' is the person who popularized the term 'quirks' in relation to superpowers and Destro was her child, but powers had been around for a while beforehand

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I I'm getting it right 'The Mother of Quirks' is the person who popularized the term 'quirks' in relation to superpowers and Destro was her child, but powers had been around for a while beforehand
Yup, this is how I understand it. Will hopefully be cleared up in a few hours.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Thinking about it more - i still really dislike 100% Full Cowl and the ending of the Overhaul fight outside of Sir Nighteye's death chapter - that was fantastic

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Official chapter is out, it clearly explains that Destro's mom is the one who coined the term Quirk.

also Hori's art on on Re-Destro's face is so good.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't notice Re-Destro's hulking form after the building disintegrated last time. Now I see the Ultimate Goblin comparisons, haha. Love it.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It seems that Re-Destro's size changing is a lot faster than what we've seen before - he's using it to basically throw fast, hard punches - but I wonder if he'll be as quick at full size.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
It seems that Re-Destro's size changing is a lot faster than what we've seen before - he's using it to basically throw fast, hard punches - but I wonder if he'll be as quick at full size.

You forget that kendo uses her size changing in the same way. Its her power plus the size acceleration that allow her to easily dent and break Momo's metal defenses with ease even when momo layered it up multiple times

Oct 25, 2017
Finally were moving past twice, ready for Shigaraki to throw down a face down. Gonna be great to see re destro get destroyed. His role, plot, has no relevance on the main cast so it's unlikely this will end in his favor.

Dec 28, 2018
To anyone here who for whatever reason plays Jump Force still Bakugo was added to the game. He looks about as good as you'd expect.

Also in other news apparently it was Hagakure's birthday today, not that it really matters.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
To anyone here who for whatever reason plays Jump Force still Bakugo was added to the game. He looks about as good as you'd expect.

Also in other news apparently it was Hagakure's birthday today, not that it really matters.

i wanted to wish her happy birthday, but i couldn't find her

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I feel the bigger the eyes, the creepier the character looks in that art style. For example, All Might, Kenshiro, and City Hunter all look great while Deku and Gon look like aliens.

Dec 28, 2018
I feel the bigger the eyes, the creepier the character looks in that art style. For example, All Might, Kenshiro, and City Hunter all look great while Deku and Gon look like aliens.
Every single character looks bad to me in this art style, those three are probably the least offensive looking. Still can't get over just how ugly this game is, probably the worst looking anime game I've seen in a long while.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm waiting for all the DLC to come out and I'll likely get Jump Force. It's good for a few drunk game nights with friends. No Kuga, Medaka, or Kumagawa is just putting me off badly. Also Ochako over Todoroki is suspect but I guess you need all the female fighters you can get.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not completely caught up in the manga yet but
The villains are still trying to win the giant guy over
but Shigaraki is such a terrible villain. I thought that by now he would have been disposed of to make room for something more interesting but nope he's still here except now with a backstory.

It's a shame because I love the art, the world and a lot of the characters but everytime he shows up I just feel like putting the manga down. He is so fucking boring.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
but Shigaraki is such a terrible villain. I thought that by now he would have been disposed of to make room for something more interesting but nope he's still here except now with a backstory.

It's a shame because I love the art, the world and a lot of the characters but everytime he shows up I just feel like putting the manga down. He is so fucking boring.

skip the arc then

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when people complained about Shigaraki and the LoV not being around because they didn't appear in the manga for year and some change?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

He's the villain foil for Deku. There isn't some end game villain to appear later, Shiggy is growing into that end game villain like Deku is growing into a hero.

I 100% like the idea more of growing your main villain across the series rather than the villain just being an end goal for the hero.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People would like Shiggy more if he actually had a good long-term goal in mind. Instead he's in now in this weird state of progression and regression where he's undoubtedly become stronger and a better leader overall, but now he's decided just wants to simply destroy everyone and everything. It's boring.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Shiragaki is certainly better than he used to be, but he still doesn't really have great dynamics with his 'team' and he doesn't really have a great foil on the main cast side. Deku is the closest, but they haven't really interacted that much.

I wonder how close we are to year two by the way.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The thing about Shigaraki is a lot of people want him to be like ReDestro in having a set goal that makes sense but the thing is Shigaraki's desires do make sense in how the character is written and how the backstory is presented, Shigaraki is just a irrational murderer and I don't see any thing wrong with that, some of the best Villains in anime are irrational serial killers, Shigaraki mainly has two big problems
1.) Is we've never really seen him do anything that's truly evil yet, hard to be afraid of him when the only people he has killed are unimportant characters or other bad guys
2.) He barely has any interactions with Deku or any other good guy, this is a huge problem because I'm supposed to really want to see Deku fight with Shigaraki like Batman and Joker or Spiderman and Doc Ock but the story so far puts more effort with Deku's school rivalries then his villain ones

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2.) He barely has any interactions with Deku or any other good guy, this is a huge problem because I'm supposed to really want to see Deku fight with Shigaraki like Batman and Joker or Spiderman and Doc Ock but the story so far puts more effort with Deku's school rivalries then his villain ones

Agreed.

Shigaraki is just a irrational murderer and I don't see any thing wrong with that, some of the best Villains in anime are irrational serial killers

How many of them were endgame villains though, which Shiggy presumably will be? On top of that, Shiggy is a big bad that's being built up from his initial status as a scrub. So to go through all of that development, just to have the final result be a villain that just wants to destroy everything, is not what I'd consider compelling.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have to disagree with this one, we had the mall chapter that was a huge part of why he stopped being a scrub. There's also the first arc and Kamino
It might be less than hero comics but it is more than other battle shonens that usually only make the main antagonist face the hero at the end

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
How many of them were endgame villains though, which Shiggy presumably will be? On top of that, Shiggy is a big bad that's being built up from his initial status as a scrub. So to go through all of that development, just to have the final result be a villain that just wants to destroy everything, is not what I'd consider compelling.
plenty of endgame villains are irrational serial killers but the common denominator between them is that they are fearsome characters that make you worry about the lives of the main characters, Shigaraki doesn't do that, if he were to kill people close to Deku and have the power to become a character that needs to be stopped at all costs because he's killing millions, then he would be a villain to fear for when he's on screen, AFO is probably more one dimensional than Shigaraki but he's a better villain because shit goes down when he's on screen
I have to disagree with this one, we had the mall chapter that was a huge part of why he stopped being a scrub. There's also the first arc and Kamino
It might be less than hero comics but it is more than other battle shonens that usually only make the main antagonist face the hero at the end
They need more than that, there's no real personal grudge between them yet, it'll most likely be built later but right now they are not nemesis

Status
Not open for further replies.