• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
a clone of Toga is a totally good idea guys, nothing could possibly go wrong

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
giphy.gif

(Me trying to decide if I like Spinner's quirk or not)

Good chapter, though I don't know how I feel about Spinner's quirk. I would've been fine with him not having one, all I wanted was for him to do something. Him having...*sigh* such a useless quirk is disappointing but makes sense. Stain's quirk wasn't that strong all things considered, he shined in other areas. Spinner is basically keeping Stain's will alive right now. I guess his journey will mirror Stain's a bit. Speaking of, I believe Spinner will get a chance to meet his idol in the future. Were those scenes of Spinner watching Stain on tv new flashbacks btw? I wonder if Hori will dive into those anymore before the arc is over. Still, climbing walls....imagine if that was all Spidey could do. Lame.

Hanabata has a cool mask design and his quirk is decent enough. But like others have said, these executives from Destro's group turned out to be pretty underwhelming. Curious had the most potential besides Destro and she got offed almost from the jump. The others haven't really impressed me much.

So the battle between Shiggy and Destro begins. He does indeed look like a suited Hulk(the arms more than anything) transformed, but then again, Ultimate Goblin transforms into a rage monster like the Hulk too. I'm interested in seeing how drastic his transformation can get. Sure Shiggy is about to stress him out.

Speaking of Shiggy, man that panel of Destro obliterating Shiggy's sticky fingers...perfection. The look on Shiggy's face after he talked all the shit was priceless. Though that 100,000 man army Destro had might as well have been some Dynasty Warrior fodder, Shigaraki was right about that.

Twice continues to be best-worst boy. The concern is touching.

How will this arc conclude? Can Spinner stop Hanabata? Can Shiggy win with one hand and a half? Will Destro escape? Is that Giganto coming to wreck shop? Find out next time on My Hero(Villain) Academia!

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Though that 100,000 man army Destro had might as well have been some Dynasty Warrior fodder, Shigaraki was right about that.
Remember these guys spent their free time training to be good at fighting and were supposed to be strong yet they're struggling against Spinner when there's dozens of them

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Remember these guys spent their free time training to be good at fighting and were supposed to be strong yet they're struggling against Spinner when there's dozens of them

It doesnt seem like the league has even fought a good number of then. Just a coupke hundred and most of that wqs twice. Other than that with like 10 or 20 at a time showing up to provide support.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile we have Geten that is super busted, i guess if you tell 100000 people to get strong at least 1 of them will really get strong

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Hanabata has a cool mask design and his quirk is decent enough. But like others have said, these executives from Destro's group turned out to be pretty underwhelming. Curious had the most potential besides Destro and she got offed almost from the jump. The others haven't really impressed me much.
Hey there's still Redestro and maybe Getten would be cool

But yeah Curios got robbed

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Hey there's still Redestro and maybe Getten would be cool

But yeah Curios got robbed

NO Curious got the most cocky out them. She had the whole evil reporter thing come back to bite her because she couldn't resist getting the personal scoop herself and couldn't help inserting herself into the narrative rather playing directly to her strengths. Had she fell back after the first couple hits she got in, she would have won.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile we have Geten that is super busted, i guess if you tell 100000 people to get strong at least 1 of them will really get strong

I don't know if there's a name for the trope but I love it when a super badass is unexpectedly mixed in with the jobber minions. Like Battle Beast's introduction from the comic Invincible.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Geten, Destro and probably some of the Heroes with the Liberation Army are probably a bit busted. To this is like fighting a whole martial arts school and being surprised that there are a whole lot of white belts you got to wade through to get to the higher belts and that there only like 5 black belts in the school.

Also we know that while this is the main base, its not their only base of operations for the Liberation Army. They mentioned it before that the Liberation army set this place up to have total control of it but they have other areas that they control that aren't this city. We already saw part of it with Slid-go's patrol city. They were openly testing things on civilians no for the cause with hero help.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes 56

Holy fuck it's amazing how much the quality of this manga goes up when Knuckleduster is on the page. The explanation and exploitation of the villains quirk was brilliant. And since he technically doesn't have a name yet, 6 o'clock works.

Gah what a great chapter. Even better than the MHA this week.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes 56

Holy fuck it's amazing how much the quality of this manga goes up when Knuckleduster is on the page. The explanation and exploitation of the villains quirk was brilliant. And since he technically doesn't have a name yet, 6 o'clock works.

Gah what a great chapter. Even better than the MHA this week.

I actually burned through all of Vigilantes over the last couple days and enjoyed the different perspective on the universe a lot. More Fat Gum is always welcome too.

Also I totally forgot he went by Knuckleduster and my brain still had him filed away as Grandpa Fist. Definitely glad he's back in the picture though.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I actually burned through all of Vigilantes over the last couple days and enjoyed the different perspective on the universe a lot. More Fat Gum is always welcome too.

Also I totally forgot he went by Knuckleduster and my brain still had him filed away as Grandpa Fist. Definitely glad he's back in the picture though.

So do you see how much a piece a shit Stain was now that you have seen all the good Iida's brother was doing and how much of a good guy he was?

Dec 28, 2018
Glad that Spinner finally got some time to shine. I'll agree with others that his quirk is underwhelming. But it does explain why he never used it before. Though maybe he'll have other lizard abilities kinda like Asui and how she has multiple different frog abilities, well that's my hope at least. And also this chapter killed off any notion of Spinner leaving the LOV, dude is there to stay. Twice once again the highlight, he's been so damn good this arc. And Shigaraki isn't looking to great so far in his fight, I can't imagine him and Destro will finish their fight. Giga gonna probably swoop on in and start fighting Destro, unless Shigaraki has something up his sleeve to beat him. Also gotta say that I feel bad for Compress and his fans. Dude is getting done dirty this arc he's had no big role to really play and I can't imagine he'll get much of anything now. Hope he fares better in the next arc whenever the focus is back on the LOV. Well anyways that was another good chapter.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So we just gonna forget Twice did make a clone of Toga before in the Ovehaul arc lol

Good chapter though, Redestro's quirk is neat but I certainly wouldn't want it. Also rule of shonen, don't call a weak character useless cause they will body you in the next few chapters.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I just realize that so many of the league are gonna be laid the fuck up for months after this fight. Both of Twices arms are busted from the Elbow.

Toga's insides are all fucked up and she got internal and external bleeding, she also got neck injuries from motherfucker trying to twist her neck off.

Shigiraki just lost most of one of his hands and will probably catch a few more hands from Re-destro before Machia comes.

Dabi is probably fucked all the way up because this is by far the longest fight he has ever been in. His body is probably burning all the way up now.

Spinner just stabbed all over his body from the spike dude that jumped him.

Giran lost a whole shit load of fingers and a hand.

Like they really need a member drive once this is over because man the only person in half-way decent shape is mister compress.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
So we just gonna forget Twice did make a clone of Toga before in the Ovehaul arc lol

Good chapter though, Redestro's quirk is neat but I certainly wouldn't want it. Also rule of shonen, don't call a weak character useless cause they will body you in the next few chapters.

Considering that clone fell apart with the slightest touch it probably doesn't really count to him as it was fragile as fuck and probably didn't have the same capabilities as his normal clones.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I just realize that so many of the league are gonna be laid the fuck up for months after this fight. Both of Twices arms are busted from the Elbow.

Toga's insides are all fucked up and she got internal and external bleeding, she also got neck injuries from motherfucker trying to twist her neck off.

Shigiraki just lost most of one of his hands and will probably catch a few more hands from Re-destro before Machia comes.

Dabi is probably fucked all the way up because this is by far the longest fight he has ever been in. His body is probably burning all the way up now.

Like they really need a member drive once this is over because man the only person in half-way decent shape is mister compress.
I'm sure Doctor can get them all patched up real quick.

Considering that clone fell apart with the slightest touch it probably doesn't really count to him as it was fragile as fuck and probably didn't have the same capabilities as his normal clones.
Yeah, I'm sure when the official translation comes out they will clear it up.

Dec 28, 2018
The more I think about it the more I doubt Giga will be the final boss of this arc. Unless he gets really messed up in the upcoming fight I can't see any of the other LOV members fighting him at the current moment. A large majority of them are all injured and tired and the only ones that I can see doing anything possibly is Dabi, Compress, and the clone twice. And the only reason I included Dabi and Compress is because I have no clue how they are doing health wise, since they've been fighting off screen mostly. And I doubt Giga would just let them heal up after fighting the Liberation army he'd probably go right after them. Hell I don't think Giga would even acknowledge Shigaraki as being worthy with how he's doing currently.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Having a stress is actually amazing for CEO/Leader of an entire army to have

He should be all might level by the amount of stress he probably has

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Redestro might actually be another Horikoshi self-insert character lmao. At some point during the last arc he made a comment about losing hair.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The more I think about it the more I doubt Giga will be the final boss of this arc. Unless he gets really messed up in the upcoming fight I can't see any of the other LOV members fighting him at the current moment. A large majority of them are all injured and tired and the only ones that I can see doing anything possibly is Dabi, Compress, and the clone twice. And the only reason I included Dabi and Compress is because I have no clue how they are doing health wise, since they've been fighting off screen mostly. And I doubt Giga would just let them heal up after fighting the Liberation army he'd probably go right after them. Hell I don't think Giga would even acknowledge Shigaraki as being worthy with how he's doing currently.
Idk, maybe Giga will have some respect for Shiggy when he sees what they've been doing since he's been sleeping? You're right that he'd body the entire league in the condition they're in right now, so maybe Hori will use Giga as his get out of jail free card. I can see him begrudgingly helping him beat Destro

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad I was right about Spinner latching onto Shigaraki like that. He's a nobody who didn't really have any direction he wanted to take his life towards so he latched onto Stain, then very recently onto Shiggy. It's good that we've got a variety of motivations behind our antagonists. We have most of the League figured out now, so we just need to find out what Compress' deal is.

I do hope the League still expands and gains new members, though. It would be a shame if this is the roster for a very long time. I'm not including Gigantomachia and Ujiko since the former is just a moving mountain and the latter is just their support. When they're lucky.

As for Spinner's quirk... kinda lame that that's all there is to it, but ehh? I suppose I'd rather that than something over the top and ridiculously powerful or special. It makes sense with who the character is.
Turn out to be true or Hori told them or he played the game
I would find it easier to believe that they just lucked out instead of Horikoshi telling them. If Horikoshi got the idea from the game... I'd be a tiny bit disappointed, I guess? Although, it's not exactly some genius idea to think Toga can use the quirks of people she transforms into (as we've discussed before) nor Shigaraki's Decay growing stronger to have an area of effect.
Also "Hot and cold peaches"
Hah, you only just noticed the tag now or only figured out what it's referencing?

Oof. Good point. It's ironic that Mr. Compress is the one in the best shape right now given he's the handicapped one among them. Now a bunch of them are too... I'm really curious how the Shigaraki/Re-Destro fight's gonna go. Shame we gotta wait two weeks for it!
Still, climbing walls....imagine if that was all Spidey could do. Lame.
Hey now! I'm sure Horikoshi can make stick'em powers cool somehow. 😛 I'm actually pretty excited to see how this will turn out for Spinner. He'll somehow win, probably, but how? Hopefully he'll get a great moment.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Spinner actually got a lot more interesting to me...when I was a kid I read a lot of TMNT comics and Mondo Gecko was my favorite character. Though looking back I guess he was a Poochy-like icon of early 90s lameness, sue me I was like 7.

Anyways back then I was fascinated by geckos because their weird abilities looked like a list of superpowers on their own. So it wouldn't surprise me in the least that his quirk could actually be strong if trained, as mentioned already Asui has a similar quirk and has never come off as weak.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Spinner actually got a lot more interesting to me...when I was a kid I read a lot of TMNT comics and Mondo Gecko was my favorite character. Though looking back I guess he was a Poochy-like icon of early 90s lameness, sue me I was like 7.

Anyways back then I was fascinated by geckos because their weird abilities looked like a list of superpowers on their own. So it wouldn't surprise me in the least that his quirk could actually be strong if trained, as mentioned already Asui has a similar quirk and has never come off as weak.

More than anything, he is built for stealth. Gecko's got wall crawling and nightvision and regeneration and that is about it.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

It helps that Asui actually trained her quirk even before coming to UA and Spinner was just a hikkimori

Hah, you only just noticed the tag now or only figured out what it's referencing?
I just noticed lol

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
More than anything, he is built for stealth. Gecko's got wall crawling and nightvision and regeneration and that is about it.

Camouflage too, at least some types. I think there's a species that can run on top of water surfaces too - a 'Gecko' quirk sounds like a nice package for a ninja-themed character, to be honest. If Asui can asspull frog abilities from multiple species of frog, I could see Spinner going in that direction if the character continues to hang around.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Camouflage too, at least some types. I think there's a species that can run on top of water surfaces too - a 'Gecko' quirk sounds like a nice package for a ninja-themed character, to be honest. If Asui can asspull frog abilities from multiple species of frog, I could see Spinner going in that direction if the character continues to hang around.

Yeah but his powers are much more situational than her because Frog's have alot of abilities that can be readily used. Spinner just has to play more to his strengths and try and avoid situations like the forest where he really wasn't able to use his abilities

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Spinner having a lame power fits his character really well, he's supposed to be the group's loser, and I don't think everyone in the League necessarily needs to be a powerhouse

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Hey now! I'm sure Horikoshi can make stick'em powers cool somehow. 😛 I'm actually pretty excited to see how this will turn out for Spinner. He'll somehow win, probably, but how? Hopefully he'll get a great moment.
I'm just giving Spinner a hard time ;D , I have faith in him. Unless there's another aspect to his quirk I think he'll have to use some outside the box thinking. That or just stick to his swords.

I guess he could pull a Spidey and do this
9CngRy3.jpg

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm just giving Spinner a hard time ;D , I have faith in him. Unless there's another aspect to his quirk I think he'll have to use some outside the box thinking. That or just stick to his swords.

I guess he could pull a Spidey and do this
9CngRy3.jpg
YO. I read some stuff involving Ana Kravinoff before (also drawn by Marco Chechetto...) but I don't recall anything like that. Although... the dialogue does sound familiar. Hmm. Mind reminding me what storyline this is? Maybe I have read this, haha.

Would be sick if Spinner did this against Hanabata, prove him wrong about his quirk.
Well I hope you also understand what it means.

7y8A48I.gif

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
YO. I read some stuff involving Ana Kravinoff before (also drawn by Marco Chechetto...) but I don't recall anything like that. Although... the dialogue does sound familiar. Hmm. Mind reminding me what storyline this is? Maybe I have read this, haha.

Would be sick if Spinner did this against Hanabata, prove him wrong about his quirk.

Well I hope you also understand what it means.

7y8A48I.gif
It's not Ana it's her Mom and I think it's Grim Hunt

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

It's not Ana it's her Mom and I think it's Grim Hunt
Yeah it's the Grim Hunt storyline which was kind of the climax to The Gauntlet if you remember that. Ana and her mom Alyoshia plan to resurrect Kraven but manipulate a bunch of old school enemies to go after Spidey one after another for weeks to wear him down. I started collecting single issues of Amazing at Brand New Day so it's a storyline I remember fondly.

Let's just say at that point in the story Spidey was done playing lol

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
download.png

Yeah, they're gonna have to censor that somewhat in the anime.

No way they show a hand being destroyed like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes

Wow epic way for the fake O'clock to get cornered like this. Really cool way to make Acceleration something deeper than just what other series have done with the same ability.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a buddy working their way through the manga for the first time, now, and they're really calling "Bakugou will probably end up a villain because he's never really lost and when he does it'll break him" during the license arc. This'll be fun :D

-

This week's chapter thoughts: Destro's got one hell of a quirk. That combination of fast, strong, and brutally violent is tough. Looking forward to the inevitable throwdown with Gigantomachia. Spinner really is just a lizard, I fuckin' called it. Shiggy's gonna be out of commission for a bit, guess we're getting another new villain next arc (assuming we don't go back to school stuff for a while).

Oh, and Vigilantes was indeed real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.