• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Apparently some One Piece leakers have been arrested so as a result we might be waiting a bit longer than usual for scans, as I'm sure the MHA leakers are laying low.

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
Juuuuuuuust caught up to Hero Academia after not reading any of it for 2 months.

Gotta say, we appear to be having some serious power-creep on Shigaraki's side, in addition to Deku's. PLEASE don't turn this into Bleach...

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Juuuuuuuust caught up to Hero Academia after not reading any of it for 2 months.

Gotta say, we appear to be having some serious power-creep on Shigaraki's side, in addition to Deku's. PLEASE don't turn this into Bleach...

I didn't finish Bleach so I don't know how this compares but I'm not worried about escalation issues here because we know Deku and Shigaraki are meant to be around All Might/AFO level at the end and we have an idea of what that looks like.
Granted, there is a bit more cause for worry since the Deku thing given that there was already a perfectly fine and realistic path to follow for him to reach the top and so whatever else seems "perfectly fine and realistic" to me right now may get upended too. But still, I'm not too concerned.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

I don't think power-creeps were the problem with Bleach, the problem was how the fights were written, bad guy reveals a secret ability that counters the his opponents ability then suddenly the good guy asspulls a power that counters the bad guy and so on

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think power-creeps were the problem with Bleach, the problem was how the fights were written, bad guy reveals a secret ability that counters the his opponents ability then suddenly the good guy asspulls a power that counters the bad guy and so on

It was both (reaching the epitome that was the final arc), along with the fact that Kubo kept sloppily expanding the cast despite it already being huge to begin with.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Shigaraki continues to destroy more and more of the town. Redestro's allies try to save him but they see Shigaraki's face and pull back. Redestro surrenders, telling Shigaraki the Liberation Army will follow him. Machia cries.

Shigaraki: "You're the CEO, so you have money right?" Our story is accelerating and no one can stop us anymore. The League's victory is in sight...!?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Shigaraki continues to destroy more and more of the town. Redestro's allies try to save him but they see Shigaraki's face and pull back. Redestro surrenders, telling Shigaraki the Liberation Army will follow him. Machia cries.

Shigaraki: "You're the CEO, so you have money right?" Our story is accelerating and no one can stop us anymore. The League's victory is in sight...!?
Huh, was not expecting this actually. The league backed by Re-Destro and a substantial amount of money is gonna be potent as hell. Mass Production High Ends would be insane Endeavor lost an eye just trying to take down one, just imagine 5 or 10 jumping heroes together.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I overall think this is a good way to keep the MLA in the story but I want to see it go down in context. It's probably going to be divisive.
The original Destro's name meant "destroyer of the status quo" and nobody embodies that goal better than shiggy.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I overall think this is a good way to keep the MLA in the story but I want to see it go down in context. It's probably going to be divisive.
The original Destro's name meant "destroyer of the status quo" and nobody embodies that goal better than shiggy.
Which is likely why ReDestro offered his allegiance, last chapter he saw in Shiggy everything the ideals of the MLA proposed and then some. I'm loving this outcome personally, I always viewed this arc as the establishment of the League as the defacto antagonists and tbis cements it for me. The MLA ceding their resources and influenceis the first step in the League becoming a coalition of every villain group, a powerhouse of evil that has a nationwide network that will burn down the house. I cannot see it going any other way.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Which is likely why ReDestro offered his allegiance, last chapter he saw in Shiggy everything the ideals of the MLA proposed and then some. I'm loving this outcome personally, I always viewed this arc as the establishment of the League as the defacto antagonists and tbis cements it for me. The MLA ceding their resources and influenceis the first step in the League becoming a coalition of every villain group, a powerhouse of evil that has a nationwide network that will burn down the house. I cannot see it going any other way.
When Hawks is inducted into the league, however, Shigaraki will be surrounded by people he can't really trust. Skeptic seems like the type of guy to hold a grudge.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
When Hawks is inducted into the league, however, Shigaraki will be surrounded by people he can't really trust. Skeptic seems like the type of guy to hold a grudge.

And Geten for that matter, that's if he's still alive, politician guy as well, I agree with you in that we need to see how it actually all goes down because at the moment it feels a bit too....neat?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
And Geten for that matter, that's if he's still alive, politician guy as well, I agree with you in that we need to see how it actually all goes down because at the moment it feels a bit too....neat?
I think we'll have to wait untill next chapter to see about that. It seems like this chapter is just Re-Destro making the case and Shigaraki responding yes, not much more.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Boom. The League wins and gains the MLA in full. Can't say I'm surprised as the alternative was destroying them altogether and that would've been a waste. Given Re-Destro's reaction as well in the last chapter, it's not surprising.

The heroes are screwed. This is hella exciting.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Whatever you feel about the conclusion, there's no doubt that this chapter is visually amazing. ReDestro took the L pretty well (both literally and figuratively).

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Whatever you feel about the conclusion, there's no doubt that this chapter is visually amazing. ReDestro took the L pretty well (both literally and figuratively).

seeing ReDestro completely and utterly defeated (dude lost both his feet by the looks of it?) while Shiggy looks likes he's been reborn gave me chills

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
ReDestro bends the knee, Gigantomachia yields, the MLA sticks around as the League's backing, and now they're an incredibly lethal force. This is exactly how I wanted this arc to end. Shit is about to royally hit the fan for the heroes.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
best possible ending for this arc, it would have been a waste to kill them all off

Also how the hell are they going to explain the destroyed town now?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
best possible ending for this arc, it would have been a waste to kill them all off

Also how the hell are they going to explain the destroyed town now?
League and the MLA top brass skeddadle. Ordinary fighters stay behind and tell heroes and police that the league came to Deika and just started destroying the town and left.
It's a half truth and most of the evidence of the MLA fighting back will have been obliterated.

It's also possible that they could just evacuate everyone in the town and pretend that the league either killed or kidnapped all of them

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
League and the MLA top brass skeddadle. Ordinary fighters stay behind and tell heroes and police that the league came to Deika and just started destroying the town and left.
It's a half truth and most of the evidence of the MLA fighting back will have been obliterated.

It's also possible that they could just evacuate everyone in the town and pretend that the league either killed or kidnapped all of them
if the LoV want to use the MLA's money and influence, I don't think that is such a good idea
Aww yiss, now Compress will get a new hand with the MLA tech.
they all should be getting new gear now but I wonder if it'll be to the extent of something like ReDestro battle armor

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
DragonSJG

Please react to the contents of spoilers in spoiler-tags, even if your post doesn't include an actual spoiler (which in this case is somewhat debatable I guess).

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
huh, I was a hundred percent sure the MLA would be forgotten after this. I think them joining up makes sense imo, but I wonder how the individual members of the Mla will react

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
anyone else think the manga is going to pivot towards All Might's inevitable and already forecasted death now?

I don't see how they put it off now that shiga and the LoV are so stupid strong. AFO's successor has realized his role. It's time for OFA's to have to do the same

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
honestly i hope that Horikoshi waits until at least the middle of their second year for the LOV to start making big moves

also do you think Horikoshi planned for Shigaraki's power to be that ridiculous from the jump or do you think he just realized that Deku would flatten him if he didn't give him a huge buff

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
cringe.gif

What type of sloppy writing is this...

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
anyone else think the manga is going to pivot towards All Might's inevitable and already forecasted death now?

I don't see how they put it off now that shiga and the LoV are so stupid strong. AFO's successor has realized his role. It's time for OFA's to have to do the same
It is around the time when Nighteye's vision said he would die

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
1565978576332.png

If you read the page above, it makes plenty of sense. A person preaching freedom just encountered the most 'free' person he has ever seen.

He says in that cap you posted that he believes true freedom is to be free of the history/burden of the past. In ReDestro's eyes, the ideal leader of the Liberation army understands their values, but doesn't feel pressured by the history plaguing the faction. He simply *is* a force of liberation. No ties, no hindrances, no oppressive forces. Just pure freedom. It's something ReDestro himself could never be because he's constantly caught under the weight of the expectations placed upon him

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I do think it makes sense, but I think it happened to fast. I think Hori was feeling the pressure to get back to Deku and co.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Redestro more or less said at the start that he thought the League's goals and the LA were close to being the same but that the LA should be the ones making history instead due to their legacy. It makes enough sense that he'd switch sides if he view if he came to the conclusion that the legacy doesn't matter...though that's ignoring how the League is AfO's pet project. I guess it wouldn't be tonally appropriate to break out Big Shiggy from jail right now.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Anyone else think this is eventually lead to a massive wide-ranged attack on Japan by the Re-Destro and his forces as well as Shigaraki's forces which leads to most of the ProHeroes being captured or killed and leads to the destruction of UA and forcing the students to escape Japan or go into hiding. I am 90% sure the Destruction of UA is coming.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think this is eventually lead to a massive wide-ranged attack on Japan by the Re-Destro and his forces as well as Shigaraki's forces which leads to most of the ProHeroes being captured or killed and leads to the destruction of UA and forcing the students to escape Japan or go into hiding. I am 90% sure the Destruction of UA is coming.

It has been a long-standing theory that the Prison Break will lead to the death of All Might and the collapse of Hero Society forcing the heroes to the underground much in the way that Japan was like during AFO's heyday.

After this chapter I'm feeling more and more confident that that is actually the direction this is all heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.