• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Feels like it's been forever since I last posted in here but Reciproturbo wasn't really that long ago was it? Chiming in to say that watching Bakugo kick ass was cool and all (as always) but I can't help but think "show don't tell" a bit with the author intent of his development. A bit disappointed that the rest of his team did essentially nothing when arguably almost every other team was much more (still not ideally but more) rounded in terms of focus and role.

Cool fight tho Bakugo never ceases to impress me

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
text spoiler out
Class A and Bakugo are being praised and All Might tells them they made him shiver (they impressed him). Bakugo sends out an explosion and Deku answers. Class B is cautious about Deku. I'll become the bait to trap our enemies. AFO "I hear my little brother's voice"

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I guess heroAca s4 is getting a timeslot demotion in spring or will just not be a spring anime since Mix is airing in the timeslot once ace attorney ends which replaced heroaca.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...eals-staff-visual-april-2019-premiere/.140464

Just to clarify, do you mean that this "mix" anime is occupying the spot in 2019 that MHA occupied in 2018?

text spoiler out
Class A and Bakugo are being praised and All Might tells them they made him shiver (they impressed him). Bakugo sends out an explosion and Deku answers. Class B is cautious about Deku. I'll become the bait to trap our enemies. AFO "I hear my little brother's voice"

afo HYPE

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Considering the last time Deku heard the voices at night he went berserk and trashed him room, and he first heard the voices after Shinso possessed him. I wonder if the rest of the students are going to see Deku go berserk by the end of this fight and perhaps this is when Deku's secret is revealed.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Damn I liked the vibes on a Saturday morning when watching MHA these past two seasons.
Does the timeslot change mean it might get a different episode count? Since apparently timeslot is what people used to determine that S3 would be 25 episodes. Or are there other well-known timeslots it could occupy as a 25 episode series?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the last time Deku heard the voices at night he went berserk and trashed him room, and he first heard the voices after Shinso possessed him. I wonder if the rest of the students are going to see Deku go berserk by the end of this fight and perhaps this is when Deku's secret is revealed.

that's what I'm saying. i expect something to go very wrong.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I actually have a bigger issue with the female cast members, as most of them haven't got much, if any, character development or their moment to shine.
I feel the same, except... well, this arc's done a pretty good job of making up for it so far. Tsuyu kicked ass in match 1, and Momo did her best to essentially fight a 2v4 battle while Kendo and Komori both contributed largely to their victory. Momo and Kendo both got some development and are now established as rivals, which is pretty awesome. The third match had Pony, who was the only reason 1-B didn't lose. This last match, though... well yeah, bit of a shame that Tokage got stomped like that but at least Jiro had some moments.

Still, you're right. Having these moments aren't enough and they deserve more. I've no doubt Mina will play a significant role in the future with regards to Gigantomachia, but I do hope she gets ample screen time in the next match and further development soon after. I'm on a wait-and-see kind of approach with Uraraka right now, but... I guess I'm satisfied for now? Luckily, Momo's had plenty of screen time and development compared to the other girls, hehe.

Now, if only Tsuyu's character would go through... anything. That one moment where she firmly stood against the Bakugo Rescue Squad was great and all, but that was tiny and gone all too quick. She's still a Mary Sue otherwise.
I guess heroAca s4 is getting a timeslot demotion in spring or will just not be a spring anime since Mix is airing in the timeslot once ace attorney ends which replaced heroaca.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...eals-staff-visual-april-2019-premiere/.140464
Nooo!! I hope this doesn't mean anything bad... Now I'm worried season 4 will be less than 25 episodes to focus solely on the Yakuza arc. That would suck so much.
I wouldn't say Deku "trashed" his room... I mean, saying that makes it sound like he moved and did stuff. More like an energy burst or whatever somehow ripped his room up. Still unhappy about that not being touched upon. Maybe we'll hear something about it in this match. It would be awesome if something bad did happen, though.

The spoilers indicate that something bad might happen... It's worrying that All For One can apparently sense what's going on with One For All.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel the same, except... well, this arc's done a pretty good job of making up for it so far. Tsuyu kicked ass in match 1, and Momo did her best to essentially fight a 2v4 battle while Kendo and Komori both contributed largely to their victory. Momo and Kendo both got some development and are now established as rivals, which is pretty awesome. The third match had Pony, who was the only reason 1-B didn't lose. This last match, though... well yeah, bit of a shame that Tokage got stomped like that but at least Jiro had some moments.

Still, you're right. Having these moments aren't enough and they deserve more. I've no doubt Mina will play a significant role in the future with regards to Gigantomachia, but I do hope she gets ample screen time in the next match and further development soon after. I'm on a wait-and-see kind of approach with Uraraka right now, but... I guess I'm satisfied for now? Luckily, Momo's had plenty of screen time and development compared to the other girls, hehe.

Now, if only Tsuyu's character would go through... anything. That one moment where she firmly stood against the Bakugo Rescue Squad was great and all, but that was tiny and gone all too quick. She's still a Mary Sue otherwise.

Right now we're in a training arc where there's no stakes, and it's in a forced team setting at that. It's definitely not enough, even more so on the characterization/development side of things, so it'd be nice for things to improve in a more plot-relevant arc.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Right now we're in a training arc where there's no stakes, and it's in a forced team setting at that. It's definitely not enough, even more so on the characterization/development side of things, so it'd be nice for things to improve in a more plot-relevant arc.
The only "plot relevant" arc that had no female student getting to do big things was the Overhaul arc. Like I know that the arc was big and all of that but let's not use that as the norm.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it's still my constant, back-of-the-head, worry that the girls will keep getting the shorter end of the stick even after all the other great writing Horikoshi has done with the series so far.
I was hoping heroaca would become a long running show.
HEY DON'T SAY THAT. It's probably nothing to worry about... but what if Yonkou somehow foresaw this and this is what he meant!?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Nooo!! I hope this doesn't mean anything bad... Now I'm worried season 4 will be less than 25 episodes to focus solely on the Yakuza arc. That would suck so much.
Well it can't be one cour because the Yakuza arc is too big for that, and 3 cours would put it too close to the manga so I don't see why we won't get the same amount of episodes, that is unless they want to skip a year or do the spin off

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping heroaca would become a long runni-.
Don't say it...
(Is my initial reaction but Bones have had excellent looking long running shows like FMAB and Soul Eater, maybe others idk, so I wouldn't even mind at all if I could expect that quality. Pacing/potential filler would be a concern though)
but what if Yonkou somehow foresaw this and this is what he meant!?
Lol my first thought when i saw DTL's timeslot thing was about Yonko's "It was never about if but when" tweet being updated to "It was never just about when but when it'll end"

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Time slot change is interesting.

Wonder if we will find out when/where it comes back at jump festa (I think that's when the first teaser usually comes out?)

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Well it can't be one cour because the Yakuza arc is too big for that, and 3 cours would put it too close to the manga so I don't see why we won't get the same amount of episodes, that is unless they want to skip a year or do the spin off
Is it possible for them to do one and a half? I'm not being pessimistic or forcing the idea, but I'm just being open to any possibility... Good point about 3 cours being too close to the manga. Not that I ever considered that, but good point nonetheless. I didn't think about how close it was before.
Lol my first thought when i saw DTL's timeslot thing was about Yonko's "It was never about if but when" tweet being updated to "It was never just about when but when it'll end"
9JuZIQ1.gif

Oh thank fuck you said that, I was getting worried.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
This fan art is so awesome because holy heck does it look legit!

Plus, Hawks. Hehehe.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only "plot relevant" arc that had no female student getting to do big things was the Overhaul arc. Like I know that the arc was big and all of that but let's not use that as the norm.

1. I didn't say anything about norms. I'm just saying I'd like for it to do better.

2. That said, that's clearly not true.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So AFO is talking to Deku inside his head, do you think it's possible that AFO can try to posses Deku.

Deku does also mean puppet after all

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If something is said in relation to spoilers being read, spoiler-tag it. ESPECIALLY if it's an actual spoiler.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oof. I'm gonna go ahead and edit spoiler tags into spoiler posts from now on, to make sure nobody gets spoiled by accident. If I can catch it in time anyway...
ok, and yeah it's why that wooden race in the Zelda games are called deku, because they resemble puppets
Ohh. Yeah, I've never played Zelda, lol. But I have heard of them.
---

Somewhat clearer and more straightforward post about the schedule thing:

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Text spoiler comments below
Really interesting spoiler this week. I'm still a couple of chapters behind, but I've been keeping up with the thread since spoilers for this series don't generally bother me. Sounds like there might be some Voldemort-esque connection? I'm curious as to the mechanism. OfA is a weird quirk, though it seems to be affecting Deku in a unique way, so maybe there's something special about him.

As for deku no bou referring to puppets, that's true and why it is used as an insult for a useless person (think "blockhead" I guess), I just wonder if that was ever intended as a hint. Horikoshi absolutely loves wordplay names, but that would be, like, the 5th pun or something involving Deku's name. lol

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't mind the fourth season being delayed, I expected it at a later date anyway. Hopefully, if it does get delayed, this means we're getting top notch animation all throughout the season! With You Say Run coming back as well, please.
Text spoiler comments below
As for deku no bou referring to puppets, that's true and why it is used as an insult for a useless person (think "blockhead" I guess), I just wonder if that was ever intended as a hint. Horikoshi absolutely loves wordplay names, but that would be, like, the 5th pun or something involving Deku's name. lol
I can totally see that happening! It would be incredibly interesting. What are the other puns he's made with Deku's name, though?

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
I wouldn't mind the fourth season being delayed, I expected it at a later date anyway. Hopefully, if it does get delayed, this means we're getting top notch animation all throughout the season! With You Say Run coming back as well, please.

I can totally see that happening! It would be incredibly interesting. What are the other puns he's made with Deku's name, though?
Izuku -> Deku (alternate reading of the kanji in his name), phonetically sounds like the deku used as an insult for "a useless person"
Izuku -> kyu=9, 9th holder of OfA
Midoriya -> Midori=Green, the color he's associated with
Deku -> dekiru, a verb that basically means something like "able to do." This is why Ochako makes her comment about Deku's name and why he takes it as his hero name

And now potentially, Deku as in literally a deku no bou or wooden puppet if he is actually able to be influenced or controlled by AfO.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Izuku -> Deku (alternate reading of the kanji in his name), phonetically sounds like the deku used as an insult for "a useless person"
Izuku -> kyu=9, 9th holder of OfA
Midoriya -> Midori=Green, the color he's associated with
Deku -> dekiru, a verb that basically means something like "able to do." This is why Ochako makes her comment about Deku's name and why he takes it as his hero name

And now potentially, Deku as in literally a deku no bou or wooden puppet if he is actually able to be influenced or controlled by AfO.
Ah... I thought you meant something else, haha. I was aware of most of those already. Not the "dekiru" one, though! Always wondered why Uraraka said it sounded positive to her. Thanks!

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I don't mind if season 4 is slightly delayed, but hopefully no later than next summer. It'll give a chance for the manga to pull ahead even further, filler must be avoided at all costs.

The AfO thing is interesting, and it makes me wonder if with training could Deku also sense AfO's power? Not gonna lie, I'm pretty hype for this fight. If Bakugo was demonstrating his ability to work in a team(in his own way), then I feel we're about to see Deku go for total victory like Bakugo does. Too bad his team will probably lose, but whatevs

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd welcome filler in the form of a Vigilantes adaptation.
Or Class B stuff. Or Pro Hero stuff. Or the League of Villains playing video games.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd welcome filler where the girls actually do something
I want my

Shiketsu High filler arc - BakuKiriKami go there for a day and train with Shishikura
Ketsubatsu High filler arc - BakuMido go there for a day and train with the discount Deku with a new paint job, could be fun.
Kota filler arc - MidoTodo spend time training Kota on how to use his quirk
Monoma Filler - KiriKami team up with Monoma for good fun

Assorted class b fluff - yosetsu moments especially but also tsuburaba, sen kaibara, tetsux4

FallenChief

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for disrupting all the SPOILER talk but I wanted to share a little idea I had during the Team Todoroki fight. We all know how obsessed Endeavour was to make Shoto surpass All Might.
So he has probably done MASSIVE amount of research in Shoto's costume, his powers, how to make him popular among people, his special moves. There is a chance that a big book of Shoto exists which has all his future planned out!!!! And seeing Endeavour's diverse moveset, he must have planned some awesome fire and ice combos for Shoto; something which he needs right now.
And the best thing he may have thought of is:- fire and ice facial hair!!!!!!! Like horns of ice or cowl of fire...... There may also be plans for armour of ice that will fortify Shoto and then use his fire......

Just my 2 cents on how Shoto may progress down the line. He has the most potential out of the big three in terms of power level (not combat level). Deku will just punch and kick harder, Bakugou will make even bigger explosions but Shoto has a chance to be the most diverse. This may also lead to some father son bonding and Endeavour's atonement.

He may have ruined Shoto's childhood but he may help his kid fulfill his dream of being a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.