• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I just want you to not be angry by assuming that I doing things on purpose. If I gave a bad argument just point it out, no need to assume i am doing that to irk you. English isn't even my first language so there are some things that i read wrong. People can be wrong.
The thing is I feel as if I was very patient with you and everything I said just flew over your head or was unheeded. You said you're from Brazil so I know English isn't your first language, the problem is you were so confident about something I said when I know I didn't say it, to the point of arrogance imo.

Because I told you my position, I tried to point out you were arguing in bad faith and you doubled down on your position. I tried to point it out and you didn't listen. Now cause I seem angry you want to tell me to do what I already did?

Nah. I'm not angry, but yeah. I don't play that shit

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Look there is no need to continue this, you finally understand that I didn't try to misquote you and I understand what irked you. Problem solved and that is what I wanted from the begining. If you want to keep bad blood because of this it your loss but for me it is water under the bridge
Where did the son he never knew go wrong. Who was the mother?

Why was his book recently published?
Probably we will get answers soon
idk what's going on but I'm just here to say kirishima got robbed last arc
That is the cycle of side characters, sometimes you are fighting side with deku and sometimes you have the same screen time as hagakure
Hopefully this arc has more students so he can appear with Fat gum.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Look there is no need to continue this, you finally understand that I didn't try to misquote you and I understand what irked you. Problem solved and that is what I wanted from the begining. If you want to keep bad blood because of this it your loss but for me it is water under the bridge
latest

Sure, I don't hold grudges. Just remember what I said about quoting me and we're good. Sorry if you felt like I was being super aggressive towards ya

Dec 28, 2018
I'd like to see Gentle play some kind of role in the arc though I'm doubtful he will. Hawks I also want back and I get the feeling he has a better chance of being involved.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'd like to see Gentle play some kind of role in the arc though I'm doubtful he will. Hawks I also want back and I get the feeling he has a better chance of being involved.
I think Gentle could end up at U.A. down the line

I am curious to see how the League will utilize Hawks when Destro's group shows up to challenge them. Will he fight by their side? I'm curious what'll happen if he gets seen in public helping the bad guys

Dec 28, 2018
I think Gentle could end up at U.A. down the line

I am curious to see how the League will utilize Hawks when Destro's group shows up to challenge them. Will he fight by their side? I'm curious what'll happen if he gets seen in public helping the bad guys
I'd be down for some Gentle shenanigans at UA. Now if the public saw Hawks fighting along side the LOV all hell would break loose. People would have even less faith in the pro heroes and I could see riots breaking out because of it. So if I had to guess he's either gonna stay off to the sidelines for this arc or somehow he's going infiltrate their base and take them all out.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'd be down for some Gentle shenanigans at UA. Now if the public saw Hawks fighting along side the LOV all hell would break loose. People would have even less faith in the pro heroes and I could see riots breaking out because of it. So if I had to guess he's either gonna stay off to the sidelines for this arc or somehow he's going infiltrate their base and take them all out.
Yeah, I hope he's somewhat active. Not gonna lie, I kinda want to see Hawks get exposed with the league for the chaos it will cause. I think Hori will do something like that at some point, though probably not this arc

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Here's a question for the thread:
What was a theory that you believed in strongly but will likely never eventuate?
After the Culture Festival arc, I was sure that La Brava was going to join the LoV and use her hacking skills to help them break into Tartarus.
That was dependent on the police making an example out of Gentle and throwing him in Tartarus, but that didn't happen. There was also Gentle's line that La Brava, if left alone, may go on to commit worse crimes. That may have been a reference to suicide however.
Even if that looks pretty much impossible now, I still have a feeling that we're going to see La Brava again before gentle, just owing to the simple fact that Gentle should be in prison right now.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Here's a question for the thread:
What was a theory that you believed in strongly but will likely never eventuate?
After the Culture Festival arc, I was sure that La Brava was going to join the LoV and use her hacking skills to help them break into Tartarus.
That was dependent on the police making an example out of Gentle and throwing him in Tartarus, but that didn't happen. There was also Gentle's line that La Brava, if left alone, may go on to commit worse crimes. That may have been a reference to suicide however.
Even if that looks pretty much impossible now, I still have a feeling that we're going to see La Brava again before gentle, just owing to the simple fact that Gentle should be in prison right now.
I had a theory during the Overhaul arc that Chronostasis was Eri's mom, he was always fully covered and I thought it would be more interesting If both her parents were evil, really changing it so chisaki wasn't her real father didn't add anything, Horikoshi should have kept the abusive father angle

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I had a theory during the Overhaul arc that Chronostasis was Eri's mom, he was always fully covered and I thought it would be more interesting If both her parents were evil, really changing it so chisaki wasn't her real father didn't add anything, Horikoshi should have kept the abusive father angle
Then again, the angle of Chisaki, the boss's adopted son, doing that to Eri, the boss's biological granddaughter, is also interesting.
A lot of Chisaki's character came down to a deepseated inferiority/defensiveness about not being born a Yakuza and feeling a need to repay his debt. His relationship with Eri speaks to that a fair bit.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Then again, the angle of Chisaki, the boss's adopted son, doing that to Eri, the boss's biological granddaughter, is also interesting.
A lot of Chisaki's character came down to a deepseated inferiority/defensiveness about not being born a Yakuza and feeling a need to repay his debt. His relationship with Eri speaks to that a fair bit.
I just think they tried to add too much for chisaki, and it all felt rushed and a bit convoluted, he was repaying the man who picked him off the streets by putting him in a comma and torturing his granddaughter, I would have much prefer If the arc had stayed a simple get the little girl away from her abusive father type of mission

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
On the topic of theories, I have one about how Shigaraki's parents might have died, if horikoshi wants to legitimize the cause for the metahuman liberation army he has to do two things, show someone getting arrested for using his quirk in the right way and show someone who has died because of their lack of actions out of fear of the law, it goes well with Shigaraki's story if his parents had the ability to save themselves but they were waiting for a Hero, like how most people who didn't help him were

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
No real evidence, but my current theory is that Shigaraki's father killed his mother, and Shigaraki killed his father in defense.

As for the Gentle discussion, yeah I've never seen him as a villain. His crimes still showed good intentions (calling out bad business owners, attacking UA to make the students stronger, etc). Even as a "villain" he was still subconsciously trying to be a hero, and only called himself a villain because society told him he wasn't cut out to be a hero. I can definitely see Deku working with him in the future, or at the very least Gentle going out in a heroic blaze of glory.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm having in a bit of trouble with the Superpower Liberation Army (or whatever the official name is). Comparing them to Magneto's Brotherhood seems wildly exaggerated when meta's are no longer the minority. What's the new Liberation Army fighting for? What does Liberation mean in a world where superpowers are already the majority and ubiquitous? The freedom to use your powers whenever and wherever you want? Wouldn't that just be advocating chaos? In that case, what's the difference between them and the League of Villans, aside from the name? I guess that was the point of Miyashita's criticism, so I wonder if that's some thing that'll come back at some point.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
So I'm having in a bit of trouble with the Superpower Liberation Army (or whatever the official name is). Comparing them to Magneto's Brotherhood seems wildly exaggerated when meta's are no longer the minority. What's the new Liberation Army fighting for? What does Liberation mean in a world where superpowers are already the majority and ubiquitous? The freedom to use your powers whenever and wherever you want? Wouldn't that just be advocating chaos? In that case, what's the difference between them and the League of Villans, aside from the name? I guess that was the point of Miyashita's criticism, so I wonder if that's some thing that'll come back at some point.

I mean we live in the world were The Taliban, Al-Queda, ISIS all exist at the same time with similar Idiology but they all dislike or hate each other for their perceived flaws in their Ideology. To the Point that the Taliban would Help US forces it used to fight by ratting out ISIS positions to US forces. Extremists don't have to make sense, sometimes their methodology is lost on normal people and it doesn't pay to think to hard on it . If they think they are better than the league than let them, they are still Villians all the same.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Horikoshi hasn't really focused on the problems of modern hero society but he has touched on it, people in the MHA world can get arrested for using their quirks even in self defense, I'm hoping Horikoshi explores more of that aspect of the story in this arc

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Horikoshi hasn't really focused on the problems of modern hero society but he has touched on it, people in the MHA world can get arrested for using their quirks even in self defense, I'm hoping Horikoshi explores more of that aspect of the story in this arc

Its more murky than that. You can use your quirks in self defense but Todoroki and the Kids were gonna get screwed because they had multiple chances to get actual heroes involved but didn't and could have gotten everyone killed. I mean it was 3 v 1 and they almost all got got.

Gentle got fucked because interfered in official hero rescue operation. It would be like some dude trying to get in the middle of a firefighter rescuing a suicide victim because he didn't realize the firefighters were already there. Gentle got unfairly crucified but he deserved a talking down and some recrimination, because he was not trained at all for that situation he didn't practice for those type of situations so him getting involved opened him up to litigation because he isn't protected by the law like heroes, are for people hurt during their operations.

Its like My pops broke a ladies finger during a domestic situation because he tackled her into the grass because her husband threw a brick at her head as his partner was trying to talk him down. If he wasn't an officer he could have been sued for that but because he was an officer they paid for her treatment and eased it over.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yo, what if Deku can use the other holders quirks because he's AfO's son and is genetically predisposed to it? The AfO is Deku's son theory is something I never gave serous thought to, and yet...

Starting to believe that theory might not be so far fetched...plus making All Might unknowingly train his arch-nemesis' son sounds like some diabolically evil shit All For One would do.

Now imagine AfO installed a kill switch or some kind of Winter Soldier type programming to control Deku as well.

Probably not gonna happen, but it's fun to think about

Last edited:

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I think there's some decent evidence for that theory, the most essential being the physical resemblance between the two.

The big problem for me is explaining Inko's role in it.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think there's some decent evidence for that theory, the most essential being the physical resemblance between the two.

The big problem for me is explaining Inko's role in it.
Yeah, maybe you could explain it away saying AfO has a shapeshifting quirk or a mesmerizing quirk, but that seems messy.

It's a cool little theory though. Handled well I wouldn't mind it at all

Dec 28, 2018
I'd rather Deku just be a regular old kid but I won't lie I'd be interested to see how that kind of reveal would impact the story.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yo, what if Deku can use the other holders quirks because he's AfO's son and is genetically predisposed to it? The AfO is Deku's son theory is something I never gave serous thought to, and yet...

Starting to believe that theory might not be so far fetched...plus making All Might unknowingly train his arch-nemesis' son sounds like some diabolically evil shit All For One would do.

Now imagine AfO installed a kill switch or some kind of Winter Soldier type programming to control Deku as well.

Probably not gonna happen, but it's fun to think about
It's a popular theory, the parallels with Shigaraki being related to a hero, Deku's doctor looking like AFO's doctor, and Horikoshi being such a huge Star Wars fan.

Also Horikoshi already pulled a similar twist in Barrage

Dec 28, 2018
It's shonen. Hope you're ready for Deku to actually be the descendant of some legendary hero or some shit.

I mean, he's already All Might's unofficial son, so we're already there.
I almost expect it to end up being true after Deku recently got six more quirks at his disposal. Is it to much to ask for the main character of a Shonen to just be a regular old joe?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Deku still is a regular old joes tho, his power that is special not him. His whole struggle is stepping up to the stage that his power is.

Dec 28, 2018
Deku still is a regular old joes tho, his power that is special not him. His whole struggle is stepping up to the stage that his power is.
I mean I feel like him having six additional quirks does make him more special compared to other people. It's why I didn't like it when it was initially revealed, it felt like he was getting a Shonen power up if you get what I mean. And his father being someone super important or him being the kid of AFO would make it worse.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I feel like him having six additional quirks does make him more special compared to other people. It's why I didn't like it when it was initially revealed, it felt like he was getting a Shonen power up if you get what I mean. And his father being someone super important or him being the kid of AFO would make it worse.
I don't feel this way because it isn't his power. He says time and time again that he needs to make his power his so I don't feel he is the chosen one or super talented like other shonen shows.

Dec 28, 2018
I don't feel this way because it isn't his power. He says time and time again that he needs to make his power his so I don't feel he is the chosen one or super talented like other shonen shows.
He kinda does feel like the chosen one in a way since only he is able to use the other quirks of the previous OFA users. And him having six quirks which mind you are beefed up versions of the previous users quirks puts him at a far greater advantage than any other one of his classmates. It's why I view it as a Shonen power up and am still not a huge fan of it. Just hope Horikoshi doesn't go buck wild with it in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
It just so happens that one for all evolved and their quirks became available to deku it's coincidence no chosen one it's like naruto being a descendant of ashura sure there were other descendants but by chance naruto was the one to speak to the sage and get a powerup ....😏

Status
Not open for further replies.