• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
An advantage that the decision to have seasons of the anime instead of continually having it running like One Piece or Naruto means that there is little danger of the anime running close to the manga.
That said having a season replaced by a Vigilantes adaptation would be cool, problem is finding where to fit it since Vigilantes is a prequel. If in the future the manga does a time skip I could see it fitting there.

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they need to go on break or even sacrifice airing the main show for it. Bones is big enough to be able to do it, also nothing prevents another studio from taking the helm of a spinoff, and lastly, again president exists for both a main series and spinoff to run anime at the same time.

Oct 25, 2017
TodoBaks makes the best team for both action and everything like, wow that whole thing and then how Baks saved the antagonist and Todo brings in the good support. Also how he was still answering Todo questions even if he was annoyed at him.

Sad thats the reason we havent seen Shigs and co, how dare Horikoshi let them get defeated. Shameful.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Hero Name: Nero

Quirk: Devil Trigger
33bb65ed7711c0505d61446ea6c7cd23.gif

Badass characters doing badass stuff. What's not to like? It feels like I'm playing a fighting game and god, I forgot how much I love Nero. Him and Kacchan are oddly similar

Pull my Devil Trigger

Capcom da gawds. Megaman X9 pls

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
YO. Which of you guys have finished DMC5 already? I finished it the other night. It's so. Damn. Good. So many incredible hype moments and just an all around amazing game.

Dante awakening to his Sin Devil Trigger was one of the most exciting moments in the entire game for me, especially thanks to the debut of the Devil Sword Dante. I've been with the series for about a decade and knowing the significance of the Sparda and everything else, seeing that "New Legendary Devil Sword" appear was absolutely amazing.

That's also why I didn't comment on the chapter at all, lol. I played nearly the entire weekend. I wanna write my thoughts down on it but I'm probably just gonna go back and play instead... Hah.

Anyways, the chapter!

So stoked to see that Shoto's special move from the sports festival finally has a name and it's a very cool one too. "Flash Freeze Heat Wave," I believe? I fucking love it. Although... I wonder if all he did then was use his flames since it was already icy and cold around them. I was totally shocked to see Giran captured. I hope nothing too bad happens to him since I like him, and if something did then the League's gonna be in pretty big trouble. Especially by the looks of that last page. Possibly. Gigantomachia looks way bigger than he did before, didn't he? I'm glad we'll finally see more of the League with this arc thanks to Detnerat.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
YO. Which of you guys have finished DMC5 already? I finished it the other night. It's so. Damn. Good. So many incredible hype moments and just an all around amazing game.

Dante awakening to his Sin Devil Trigger was one of the most exciting moments in the entire game for me, especially thanks to the debut of the Devil Sword Dante. I've been with the series for about a decade and knowing the significance of the Sparda and everything else, seeing that "New Legendary Devil Sword" appear was absolutely amazing.

That's also why I didn't comment on the chapter at all, lol. I played nearly the entire weekend. I wanna write my thoughts down on it but I'm probably just gonna go back and play instead... Hah.

Anyways, the chapter!

So stoked to see that Shoto's special move from the sports festival finally has a name and it's a very cool one too. "Flash Freeze Heat Wave," I believe? I fucking love it. Although... I wonder if all he did then was use his flames since it was already icy and cold around them. I was totally shocked to see Giran captured. I hope nothing too bad happens to him since I like him, and if something did then the League's gonna be in pretty big trouble. Especially by the looks of that last page. Possibly. Gigantomachia looks way bigger than he did before, didn't he? I'm glad we'll finally see more of the League with this arc thanks to Detnerat.

It was amazing wasn't it! Dante earned the shit out of the power up and pretty much made himself the new legend.

I hope he leaves a Kid behind so we can get more continuation of the Sparda bloodline. Also that kid would have a healthier life growing up because No matter which one of Dante's Lady's has his kids, the kid would atleast know about its father and heritage ( Unlike poor Nero)

Nero continues to be best Boy. Him and his Wife are the most Holsome people in the entire franchise, its hilarious the punk kid grew up to be like that lol

I think SHoto's might be a concentrated blast of both because he was using both hands I believe in the frame for the move. I'm glad we have a name for it also but I'm not sure Shoto has gotten over his inability to use both at the same time on the move yet.

I wonder if the league has to do a rescue mission to get Giran back because he is one of their main suppliers of equipment and Intel.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Anyways, the chapter!

I haven't finished yet mostly because I don't want it to be over

I'm going to play it again on hard mode

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Caught up after falling behind a few weeks.

Digging this villain guy so far & the Todoroki/Bakugo team up fresh off getting their licenses was awesome. Fucking Flashfreeze Heatwave, what a name.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Anyways, the chapter!

I finished it the other day. Incredible game
Loved all the stuff with Dante, Vergil, and Nero. Nero going DT was a plus ultra moment for me, it was so hype.
Let's hope the rumors of the multiplayer bloody palace are true

I don't want Giran to die either. Hope he makes it out somehow

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It was amazing wasn't it! Dante earned the shit out of the power up and pretty much made himself the new legend.

I hope he leaves a Kid behind so we can get more continuation of the Sparda bloodline. Also that kid would have a healthier life growing up because No matter which one of Dante's Lady's has his kids, the kid would atleast know about its father and heritage ( Unlike poor Nero)

Nero continues to be best Boy. Him and his Wife are the most Holsome people in the entire franchise, its hilarious the punk kid grew up to be like that lol
I remember how back in DMC4, Dante's bio suggested that he might be an even more powerful swordsman than Sparda already. There wasn't really any confirmation whether he is or not, but seeing him attain legendary status here felt like a confirmation of that.

Yeah, I love Nero and his character development.

Another thing I love about him is how he shares traits with both Dante and Vergil. He's cocky and fun-loving at times, very much like Dante, but like his father, he craves power. The difference is that his desire for power is for entirely good reasons, with Kyrie and Credit kind of grounding him and giving him a reason to fight.

Speaking of...

When Nero brings up Credo and how he hates himself for not having the strength to protect him... then swears he's not gonna let Vergil die... (๑ಥ﹏ಥ)ﻭ
I hope it gets animated, I dont think the way he drew it gave it justice, unless I wasn;t looking too closely.
Yeah, as much as I love Horikoshi's art, he's not always able to properly inform the readers of what's going on during action scenes. This one was fairly straightforward though as we know what the move does, but an additional panel could have helped make it clearer on whether he made more ice or not.
I haven't finished yet mostly because I don't want it to be over

I'm going to play it again on hard mode
Ahh, yeah, I'm usually like that with games but I decided a long time ago that I'll finish DMC5 in one weekend just because DMC games generally aren't that long.

I fully plan on playing all the way up to Dante Must Die mode, but I haven't even started Son of Sparda yet. I wanna get an S rank in all the missions first.

Anyway, what mission are you at now?
I finished it the other day. Incredible game
Loved all the stuff with Dante, Vergil, and Nero. Nero going DT was a plus ultra moment for me, it was so hype.
Let's hope the rumors of the multiplayer bloody palace are true

I don't want Giran to die either. Hope he makes it out somehow
Nero's Devil Trigger is Anime-As-Fuck, isn't it? The anime bangs and long hair, even the wings! It reminded me of Yu Yu Hakusho, lmao. I loved it though, it was such a great moment, and the song ("Legacy") was fucking fantastic too. So good.

Multiplayer would be lost on me since I don't have PS+ at the moment... but it would be really cool nonetheless! The wait for Bloody Palace is gonna be a pain though. It's still a month away! This is what I get for immediately beating the game, haha.
Nero is good and all but Nico is the best addition to the Devil may Cry cast
No doubt.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Godly boss fight, that.

Just like it was all those years ago. It took me so long to beat him since I was aiming for the trophy, but I was getting better over time so I really enjoyed it. I did it again last night but with the intent of practicing Royalguard against him and got an S rank. It felt so damn good.

I hope you've finished the game already though. Can't imagine beating mission 19 and stopping.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Godly boss fight, that.

Just like it was all those years ago. It took me so long to beat him since I was aiming for the trophy, but I was getting better over time so I really enjoyed it. I did it again last night but with the intent of practicing Royalguard against him and got an S rank. It felt so damn good.

I hope you've finished the game already though. Can't imagine beating mission 19 and stopping.
I did now I'm on Hard difficulty and using any Glorbs

I'm getting a lot of Ss though so I'm getting a lot better

Man that boss kicked my ass
20 was easier but was that fucking awesome

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I did now I'm on Hard difficulty and using any Glorbs

I'm getting a lot of Ss though so I'm getting a lot better

Man that boss kicked my ass
20 was easier but was that fucking awesome
I wanna get started on Son of Sparda but getting S on the Devil Hunter missions might take a little longer than I'd hope so maybe I'll start sooner than I planned...

Yup, 20 was surprisingly easy but I don't mind cause the entire thing is one big hype moment. It also almost feels like an RE2 final boss kind of thing where they let you take it a little easier as a reward of sorts.

I was too damn excited about having the Devil Bringer back that I totally forgot about the Devil Breakers, so I was pleasantly surprised when Nico gave Nero those new prototype Breakers to use on top of his new arm. Just like that, Nero's moveset opened up and he's got so many more things he can do. I love being able to charge my Breakers while also using Snatch and attacking with everything else. He was already good before and plenty of fun to play as but he feels really whole now, which makes perfect sense given what happens, lol.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Nero's Devil Trigger is Anime-As-Fuck, isn't it? The anime bangs and long hair, even the wings! It reminded me of Yu Yu Hakusho, lmao. I loved it though, it was such a great moment, and the song ("Legacy") was fucking fantastic too. So good.
Nero is my boy and I FUCKING LOVED THAT SHIT. His DT and entrance, slamming down Shonen protagonist style was anime as fuck and I was so there for it. Getting his Devil Bringer back was the icing on top.

"You feeling acceptance yet?"
"Of your existence? Or of your strength?"
"Both, you fucking asshole."

giphy.gif
Multiplayer would be lost on me since I don't have PS+ at the moment... but it would be really cool nonetheless! The wait for Bloody Palace is gonna be a pain though. It's still a month away! This is what I get for immediately beating the game, haha.
Aw damn, I really wanna kill some demons with you and some others. I wish Bloody Palace was in at launch, but the game is so great it's hard to be mad about it
How are you all so loaded and free of time to get all these games and clear them within days. Wow
Capcom games are pretty short, if you have a free weekend you can get them done. There's also extra motivation for me because the last three games I got are in franchises that I adore. Happy coincidence we got RE2, KH3, and DMCV so close together

I assure you I'm not loaded. RE2 and KH3 being within a week of each other was rough, and I planned ahead

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
No. 220 My Villain Academia

A continuation from last time, looking at what the League of Villains has been up to. They were short on cash so attacked the Meta/Different Shape Exclusionist Group (異形排斥主義集団? - Not sure on this sorry) , stealing things worth money, lazily chatting together in a run down house, the League seems totally exhausted.

They're having a hard time finding AFO's doctor who developed and managed the Nomu. Spinner is mad, commenting they seem directionless.

Then Gigantomachia appears. Gigantomachia: Okay successor, show me if you're worthy. Shigaraki: Ha?

It then connects to the end from last time, and they receive a call from the doctor. We were at the end of the line but our story is going to speed up from here.

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to note, the upcoming issue of Jump has MHA in second place of the TOC (third if you count the cover). Since the TOC factors the chapter from 8 issues ago, that means MHA got a high-ranking from the 7 Quirks reveal.
Turns out Jump readers really love power-ups

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to note, the upcoming issue of Jump has MHA in second place of the TOC (third if you count the cover). Since the TOC factors the chapter from 8 issues ago, that means MHA got a high-ranking from the 7 Quirks reveal.
Turns out Jump readers really love power-ups
Didn't Audrey say that Japan had a very different reaction to the power up than the west?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Chapter's out.

Fantastic chapter. Love how Shiggy cracked the logo. My Villain Academia indeed. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear Hori was playing DMCV. That crack was a little too familiar.

So the League has been reduced to this. I gotta say, I dig it. Seeing them fight other villains is always fun, and my Gaara was it bloody. Heavy Marvel vibes, those kooks the League took down reminded me of the Purifiers from the X-Men.

Shigaraki out here fighting for scraps, subordinates constantly doubting him. Taking away AfO and Kurogiri really forces Tomura to take charge, and I for one am stoked to see how he rises to the occasion.

Man, I really hope Hori keeps doing different perspectives on villains. Every time he does I get a newfound appreciation for them, and Spinner's no exception. I'm putting him finally meeting his idol Stain on the list of things that I want to see.

So, do we know why Shiggy is looking for the doctor? Wonder if we'll get any more evidence for AfO=Deku's Dad theory.

Will the League sway Gigantomachia? What secrets does AfO's doctor hold? Find out next time on My Hero(Villain) Academia!

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Just skimmed the chapter (waiting for the other translation), but definitely a cool concept for catching back up with the LoV.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Woah, three good chapters in a row. Nice.

Also this may be MHA's best title yet for a chapter yet. Surprised it took so long to happen, people have joked about it before.

Kind of hilarious how the LoV are deadly af when they're not fighting the protagonists, but that's a common thing in these type of series haha

Further insight on Spinner was both necessary and appreciated, as well as reminding us that he's very much still a Stain fanboy.

Same for the blunt acknowledgment of how crappy the LoV are, especially after all the fuss they've made. they truly need their opporunity to have their come up already so I can take them seriously. Only thing I don't like is that they're so reliant on one-note entities. First Nomus, now seemingly Gigantomachia. Adding the doctor to the fold should prove interesting if it extends past providing them with Nomus. But yea, very much hoping that this Giganto guy is well fleshed out when all is said and done. But mostly I just want them to have more "regular" villains like themselves.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018
I guess the LOV aren't all that bad after all since they just took out the manga equivalent of the kkk. Wasn't expecting the chapter to focus on Spinner of all characters but I liked it. Hope that the other LoV members get some chapters dedicated to them as well. And man the LOV sure aren't in the greatest of positions at the moment, wonder how they got themselves out of it. So far this arc has been really good and I hope that it retains this quality throughout.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Interesting, makes me wonder if Horikoshi is even aware of what the kkk is, cause the group shown this chapter is a lot like them.
He's a huge comic book fan, so I imagine there have been some Spiderman or Captain America comics that had issues involving the KKK. Could also be inspired by the anti-mutant movement in X-men.
Was just about to say this. Knowing he's a Marvel stan it's more likely he's referencing an X-Men anti-mutant group like the Purifiers
latest

They're basically the mutant KKK so in a roundabout way you're right

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Pretty great chapter.

I know I'm biased by all the clues and theories, but Dabi's rudeness really feels like a spin on Shoto and Endeavor's. It's an interesting family resemblance.
Dabi also called Spinner a "Lizard" during the highway attack, that's awkward.

Speaking of Spinner, it seems his appreciation of Stain was more of an aesthetic/symbolic one, rather than ideological. That panel of Spinner forcefully stepping forward is a callback, I believe, to Stain's walking towards the heroes just before his capture.
Makes sense that people like Spinner would look to a stain, a man standing alone against the world and walked forward, in awe.

One question now is why Dabi was the one to "Demo" High-End and how he got to meet Hawks. I'm expecting "Ujiko" to be revealed soon too.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I really love the title of this chapter and the interactions between league members, I also like that Horikoshi added mutant discrimination as something that happens in this manga, it adds a bit more depth to the world and even though he's member I was least interested in, I'm glad we got Spinner's backstory, I guess I can't call him dumb lizard guy anymore

I'm excited to see Ujiko and the Doctor next chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.