• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully season 4 being in October allows for a longer pre-production phase then.... It'd suck to see animators be pulled away from the show again, especially during the Overhaul arc.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
One spoiler pic is out.
it reveals one small piece of Trivia:
Shigaraki is twenty years old

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Something from the spoiler
turns out the doctor was the one called Ujiko

If we are getting another movie then that's probably we season 4 got delayed to the fall season

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the spoilers.

So the doctor that told Deku he has no quirk works for AFO, the person known to steal quirks. Not sure how I feel about this and its future potential relevance.

Can't recall the source but read an interview somewhere that they would like to release a movie each year, or at least regularly like Detective Conan or One Piece.
That's a quick way for me to stop caring about the movies. Yearly shonen movies are some of the most throwaway movies ever.

It'd be cool if we get some focus on characters that desperately need it. Or it might just be the Deku, Bakugou, Todoroki movie.

At least the animation will be nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't recall the source but read an interview somewhere that they would like to release a movie each year, or at least regularly like Detective Conan or One Piece.
Can we source these things please? No one ever even provided the source that said they wanted to animate the entire manga until it finishes.

Are they just going to put a movie out every year until then?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the spoilers.

So the doctor that told Deku he has no quirk works for AFO, the person known to steal quirks. Not sure how I feel about this and its future potential relevance.

Well, nobody could say it wasn't set up if it did actually go that route. That shit has been a theory for years lol

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Can we source these things please? No one ever even provided the source that said they wanted to animate the entire manga until it finishes.

Are they just going to put a movie out every year until then?
I would source it if I recalled where I read.

Don't know if they will put one every year, but expect one on a regular basis, like One Piece or Naruto back in the day.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
so
If the doctor that told Deku he doesn't have a quirk worked for All For One that kind of implies that All For One was stealing kid's quirks before they manifested and having the doctor explain it away so that people wouldn't be suspicious right?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
so
If the doctor that told Deku he doesn't have a quirk worked for All For One that kind of implies that All For One was stealing kid's quirks before they manifested and having the doctor explain it away so that people wouldn't be suspicious right?

Only hole in the theory is that he went to the doctor cause is quirk wasn't manifesting. Deku could have just been late on it and then it was stolen at that moment though. If we see a Nomu with pyrokinesis then that's probably Deku's quirk lol.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Calling it now:

Ujiko (I'm surprised the name belongs to him since names ending with "ko" usually belong to a girl) did somehow steal Deku's quirk because Deku is indeed special and someone of significance outside of being All Might's successor. My bet? I don't want this to be the case, but he's Nana's descendant. It's the most obvious route and given the similarities between Nana and Inko that All Might himself pointed out... I wouldn't be surprised.

If he didn't steal his quirk, then I still stand by Deku being special somehow, and that somehow being a relation to Nana Shimura.

I'm aware people have theorized the above before, of course.

As for the new movie... I really don't want to be a downer but I can't not expect season 4 to disappoint when season 3 disappointed in terms of overall production quality. Now, I'm not saying season 3 looked bad as it was good for the most part and even great at times, but from what I can remember of season 2, it was a somewhat noticeable difference. Certain animations were more stiff (pre-Kamino episodes come to mind) than what I would expect coming from season 2, and cheap-looking scenes (i.e. shots where the characters are drawn poorly) seemed to be more prevalent than before. I worry that this will be the case with season 4 again, which is a big problem for me as the upcoming story arc they're covering is what needs the most help adapting due to the less than ideal pacing the raid had. It also features plenty of battles I desperately want to see animated well, so I can't help but worry.
I do miss his Persona but he seems to have some spectral aspects still, so maybe he can evolve his DT again in a future game.

I would've loved a flashback on the night Eva died from Vergil's perspective. Hell, having V experiencing flashbacks of Vergil would've been cool. I think his motivation is the same, just now I know that pain stems from losing his mother, that's the one person he really wanted to protect. I think I'm ok with it. It also gives another cool parallel with Nero cause I'm almost sure Kyrie and Eva are similar in personality.

I've heard things about Vergil being in there, but nothing concrete. Hope he comes in with Bloody Palace.
I'm sure it'll be redesigned in future games as every game has given Dante's Devil Trigger a new look, so I hope I'll like those more. I'm not a fan of Dante's regular DT from 4 and 5... Sin Devil Trigger though. Mmm. That's the Good Shit™. What I didn't like about the former is how human it looked. My favorite DT design were the ones from DMC3, which was a great balance between monstrous and human, while also having those Sparda-like "horns" that curved inward. I missed those! I was so glad to see them back with the Sin Devil Trigger.

Oh man, that would've been so good! It would have also helped flesh out Vergil so much better... I wish we had a little more from V, maybe show us his view from the playground that night, you know? I love the game so much but it really could've done Vergil/V's story better. I suppose you're right about his motivation staying the same, maybe what's putting me off is just how it's presented? After all this time we finally hear from Vergil again and practically all we get is he wants to beat Dante and then he's bitter about being lost and not saved. Good point about Kyrie though... I never thought about it that way. That's really cool.
Haha sorry, I love those buster grapples too much. I can do Power Bombs just like Alex from Street Fighter!

Dante has so many options it's insane. Mechanically he's so satisfying to get good with. I have some decent Trickster to Swordmaster combos, but my focus has been on Nero. Dat Max-ACT timing...getting level 3 on each swing is gonna take a while lol. Excited to see how you express your style on the field of battle! If it ends up being co-op(fingers crossed)

It's a good gif. I was gonna post a Dante one, but I feel icky after the Reuben thread today

He did the voice of Ken too man. My favorite fighting game character ever. I feel so betrayed
I love the Buster so much, man. Those Power Bombs are so damn good, and the unique animations (e.g. Blue Rose execution for Hell Caina, that Helter Skelter twister grapple thing for Behemoths, etc.) are incredibly satisfying to watch. I haven't been using it as much as I expected though... I got way too used to the Breakers, haha.

I'm surprised at how much I've improved! I used to fumble with style switching in DMC4, but now I'm using three styles regularly. A lot of thanks goes to Mission 19 being such a great place to practice. I now quickly switch to Gunslinger fairly often to deal some quick Ebony & Ivory damage while I'm dodging attacks or repositioning myself. It's so satisfying. I still need a lot of practice with EX-Act, sadly... I thought I'd gotten much better already but lately my timing's been off.

Yeah, the Reuben stuff is awful and very disappointing, though I'm not too disappointed as I already knew about some of his... eccentricities and views. Still, *sighs*

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
i think what'll happen is the doctor didn't steal Deku's Quirk because he always was quirkless, however because of this he dodged a bullet by not ending being a potential nomu target, unlike the other kids

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
i think what'll happen is the doctor didn't steal Deku's Quirk because he always was quirkless, however because of this he dodged a bullet by not ending being a potential nomu target, unlike the other kids

Yup I think the exact same as you. I think multiple kids got snatched up over the years and Deku missed the snatching because he happened to be quirkless and went to this doctor. If we ever got to see a patient list of his I would guarantee alot fo kids with strong quirks went missing from his lists.
Than we have to remember when we first saw the High-End Nomu he was in a fucking Preschool like classroom/Elementary school classroom. That was super dark then and its only going to get darker for here because MHA doesn't shy away from fucked up shit happening to kids.

I mean Eri got disintegrated and reput back together a whole lot because they needed her blood and bone to make those bullets.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
OP has been updated! Come take a gander, if y'all would be so kind. Updated the characters, arcs, and official releases sections.

I hope Spinner gets a lot of screen time in this arc so that I don't have to remove him so soon, lol.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
A new movie already huh? Well that last one must have done well.

Regarding the spoilers,
fuck yeah.

Been wanting a villain arc for so long.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I think that's the best way to go about it. Keep Deku's origin the same but give the reader a new understanding of it.

bunkitz the new Op looks great

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm sure it'll be redesigned in future games as every game has given Dante's Devil Trigger a new look, so I hope I'll like those more. I'm not a fan of Dante's regular DT from 4 and 5... Sin Devil Trigger though. Mmm. That's the Good Shit™. What I didn't like about the former is how human it looked. My favorite DT design were the ones from DMC3, which was a great balance between monstrous and human, while also having those Sparda-like "horns" that curved inward. I missed those! I was so glad to see them back with the Sin Devil Trigger.

Oh man, that would've been so good! It would have also helped flesh out Vergil so much better... I wish we had a little more from V, maybe show us his view from the playground that night, you know? I love the game so much but it really could've done Vergil/V's story better. I suppose you're right about his motivation staying the same, maybe what's putting me off is just how it's presented? After all this time we finally hear from Vergil again and practically all we get is he wants to beat Dante and then he's bitter about being lost and not saved. Good point about Kyrie though... I never thought about it that way. That's really cool.

I love the Buster so much, man. Those Power Bombs are so damn good, and the unique animations (e.g. Blue Rose execution for Hell Caina, that Helter Skelter twister grapple thing for Behemoths, etc.) are incredibly satisfying to watch. I haven't been using it as much as I expected though... I got way too used to the Breakers, haha.

I'm surprised at how much I've improved! I used to fumble with style switching in DMC4, but now I'm using three styles regularly. A lot of thanks goes to Mission 19 being such a great place to practice. I now quickly switch to Gunslinger fairly often to deal some quick Ebony & Ivory damage while I'm dodging attacks or repositioning myself. It's so satisfying. I still need a lot of practice with EX-Act, sadly... I thought I'd gotten much better already but lately my timing's been off.

Yeah, the Reuben stuff is awful and very disappointing, though I'm not too disappointed as I already knew about some of his... eccentricities and views. Still, *sighs*

Yeah, Vergil/V definitely needed just a little bit more. We go from Vergil being back to fighting him super quick.

Sin Devil Trigger is indeed the good shit! That mission was hype.

Thank god for mission 19 and 20. I really like each mission this time around, not having to do retreads makes it even better. I really should start using gunslinger more, I always forget which gun I'm switched to lol

And yeah, the Reuben situation is hella disappointing. Great update to the OP btw, gonna swipe the Bakugo image for my avatar soon

Not really stoked for a second movie like I was for the first. Like others have said I don't want the animation to suffer like 3rd season because the Yakuza arc needs all the help it can get. Plus while Two Heroes was cool it was definitely unneeded, and I can't help but feel that way about the second film.

About the chapter...
Seems like we're about to get some more info on AfO's doctor. Excited to see what will be revealed.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Here's a spooky turn of events to ponder:
Shigaraki says "all this time you were sitting in a chair, I got involved in a Yakuza operation and stole this"
He gives the doctor the de-quirk bullets. Using Eri's blood and flesh, which still resides in the bullets, the doctor creates a Nomu that can use the rewind quirk.
The new mission is to bust AfO out of prison and rewind him into his prime self.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Chapter's out.

And put this together.

jDiCYhF.png

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Kind of on the unsatisfied end here due to the short page count and the subject of the chapter being very intriguing. I was at least very happy to see Dabi in action and Toga calling Dabi by name like that. I think that's the first time she's called him by name?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Kind of on the unsatisfied end here due to the short page count and the subject of the chapter being very intriguing. I was at least very happy to see Dabi in action and Toga calling Dabi by name like that. I think that's the first time she's called him by name?

It stood out to me too, so it's pretty likely that's the case.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully season 4 being in October allows for a longer pre-production phase then.... It'd suck to see animators be pulled away from the show again, especially during the Overhaul arc.

I wouldn't worry and I guess Season 4 airs later because of exactly that. Season 3.2 was rough because of the movie.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here's a spooky turn of events to ponder:
Shigaraki says "all this time you were sitting in a chair, I got involved in a Yakuza operation and stole this"
He gives the doctor the de-quirk bullets. Using Eri's blood and flesh, which still resides in the bullets, the doctor creates a Nomu that can use the rewind quirk.
The new mission is to bust AfO out of prison and rewind him into his prime self.

Holy...crazy theory. Dunno how I would like that though.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Boo, ended too soon. This doctor guy is more interesting than the entire LoV lol

And I'm not having much hopes for Giganto so far. They're pretty much just objectifying him as a future reward for Shiggy to take if he can one day prove himself. Wouldn't be surprised if he'd just go from idolizing AfO to idolizing Shiggy instead whenever that happens, or both of them. It'll be interesting to one day see why exactly he can handle multiple quirks though I guess.

----

X06S1vO.png

ETKZyIF.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

No more Nomus pls :3

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Boo, ended too soon. This doctor guy is more interesting than the entire LoV lol

Why do you do this thing where you spin something you like about the manga into a negative?
It happens quite a lot on your first impression posts

EDIT: That's not relevant though, nvm

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Some people speculate that the Doctor's masterpiece will be Shigaraki, Nomu's are getting Smarter, Shigaraki could get the ultimate Nomu type body while keeping his intelligence

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
One High End took all that Endeavor had. And this dude has like 10 of them.
They'd legit need the full top 50 of the Hero Billboard chart to stop these things.

This chapter was a boomer villain that's had the protection and patronage of AfO all these years complaining that the youths haven't made something of themselves.
"Bootstraps Shigaraki!"

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Also the doctor kept complementing Dabi on his good eye I wonder if that's why he was entrusted with ths high end nomu because the Doctor liked him or just reinforcing Dabi despite burning potential recruits as the most competent and powerful of the current league
Some people speculate that the Doctor's masterpiece will be Shigaraki, Nomu's are getting Smarter, Shigaraki could get the ultimate Nomu type body while keeping his intelligence
I've been saying that for YEARS

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I bet in the current time, the Doctor has already recreated the dequirk bullets. I have a feeling the followers of Destro are going to lose those quirks they care so much about.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
And I would say only six of the students have gotten proper development, the LoV hasn't gotten as much development ether but I do feel they have more of a comradery with each other then Class A does and with a fraction of the screen time

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It stood out to me too, so it's pretty likely that's the case.
Cool, glad to know I wasn't imagining it, haha.
They're pretty much just objectifying him as a future reward for Shiggy to take if he can one day prove himself.
... Gigantomachia is Shigaraki's equivalent to Deku's One For All quirks. Holy shit.
One High End took all that Endeavor had. And this dude has like 10 of them.
Yup. The odds are seriously stacked against the Heroes. I wonder how Horikoshi will move the scales...
Also the doctor kept complementing Dabi on his good eye I wonder if that's why he was entrusted with ths high end nomu because the Doctor liked him or just reinforcing Dabi despite burning potential recruits as the most competent and powerful of the current league
I took it as a nod to the fact that his eyes are one of the key visual elements for the "Dabi is a Todoroki" theory, lol. Your suggestion is probably the correct one.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

giphy.gif

Boo at that short page count. Other than that no major complaints, set up chapter is set up chapter. Wish we could've seen the League fight Gigantomachia proper just to get a sense of how strong he is, but oh well.

Daruma Ujiko. Seems like an interesting cat. Both Gigantomachia and Ujiko appear to be highly antisocial...sure that played a role in how they were recruited for AfO. Oh, and I think I'm coming around on the high end Nomus, provided they all at least have different abilities and a personality like the one that fought Endeavor.

Shigaraki will probably get some kind of mission to prove himself next week. 99% it will somehow involve the Detnerat group, so looking forward to that. I'm wondering if Shiggy won't actually team up with Detnerat's group, if for no other reason to change it up from the last villain group they fought and to show he can gather allies without AfO. But he could just as easily end up taking off their arms and laughing on top of a truck. Can never tell with Shiggy.

Also, Gigantomachia's disappointment with Shiggy and the League felt very meta to me, but I was probably reading too much into it.

What will the League have to do to get Ujiko's full support? How long has Toga been using their names? Will Shiggy ever buy chapstick? Find out next time on My Hero(Villain)Academia!

Status
Not open for further replies.