• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised Twice is in the lead, but I'm a little surprised not a single person voted for Kurogiri. I thought he was fairly popular. Then again, I suppose it's hard to be the favorite when you've got others like Twice and Dabi there.

Ah, fair enough. It's certainly not perfect and I think one of the things that makes it weaker is that it's nearly just one big action set piece after another. There's sort of not enough down time... I guess, is what I'm saying.
It's why I love endgame because it has a lot more down time especially in the first act and character moments that elevate the movie

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Silly Tace. You think I would risk myself getting spoiled like the Homecoming trailer spoiled me of the entire plot? Not this time! Seriously though, I'm good. It's not that far away anyway.
Lmao I should've known. I'm too weak to resist the temptation. I don't think any of the third act was spoiled, but Sony is really bad about that.

If Homecoming was a 9, this is looking like a 9.5

I think I like Endgame a tad bit better than IW, but just a tad

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It's why I love endgame because it has a lot more down time especially in the first act and character moments that elevate the movie
Exactly! The first act of Endgame had so many great character moments.

Tony was obviously the star of the entire film and I loved all of his scenes, especially the argument with Steve at the start and meeting his father in the second act. Then there's Nebula's entire arc in the movie and just seeing how far she's grown since her introduction in Guardians of the Galaxy.

To add to that, as someone whose favorite MCU character is Cap, he barely had any character moments in Infinity War. Thankfully, though, to counteract that there's Spidey's second-strongest moment in the MCU plus a generally good amount of thwipping and quipping.

On the other hand, it does have one of my favorite scenes in the entire franchise:

ubDrLKY.gif

Oh, speaking of my beloved Captain. For those of you who have watched and may want to discuss it, what did you think of his character developments in Endgame?

I was only recently made aware that there's quite a bit of divisiveness for his ending due to some fans believing it is uncharacteristic of Steve to stop fighting and live an ordinary life, i.e. taking the (much deserved) self-care route and no longer continue to keep sacrificing his happiness by fighting for others.

I know that Steve's character has, from the very beginning, given up his happiness to serve others but I don't think it's wrong at all or against the character's writing for him to finally settle down, you know?
Lmao I should've known. I'm too weak to resist the temptation. I don't think any of the third act was spoiled, but Sony is really bad about that.

If Homecoming was a 9, this is looking like a 9.5

I think I like Endgame a tad bit better than IW, but just a tad
Ooh, well I'm glad to at least here it looks like it might be better. Homecoming is one of my favorite MCU films so if this is an even better Spider-Man film then I'd be really happy. I do have something I'm worrying about, though...

Mysterio will supposedly be another "uncle figure" to Peter? I really hope that's not the case because if they do it again then it feels like they're shackling Peter down to father figures as if they don't believe the character can go on on his own. It made sense with Tony given the context but they really have to stop it there.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, well I'm glad to at least here it looks like it might be better. Homecoming is one of my favorite MCU films so if this is an even better Spider-Man film then I'd be really happy. I do have something I'm worrying about, though...

Mysterio will supposedly be another "uncle figure" to Peter? I really hope that's not the case because if they do it again then it feels like they're shackling Peter down to father figures as if they don't believe the character can go on on his own. It made sense with Tony given the context but they really have to stop it there
Before I reply to everything else I'm going to talk about this

It's mysterio

While agree with you that Peter should grow to his own hero

Remember they're doing a mysterio story so I'm expecting him to either be lying about the whole thing or turn out to be an asshole and Peter learns to be independent

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Really looking forward to ffh, I hope they can finally have Spiderman stand on his own in this movie, wasn't that much of a fan on how much they tied Spiderman to Ironman in these movies though I do love there relationship

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Before I reply to everything else I'm going to talk about this

It's mysterio

While agree with you that Peter should grow to his own hero

Remember they're doing a mysterio story so I'm expecting him to either be lying about the whole thing or turn out to be an asshole and Peter learns to be independent
Yeah, I fully expect "Uncle Mysterio" to betray Peter in the end or something along those lines, but I'm still not a fan of the idea of having them form that relationship in the first place... Hopefully it'll be much better on screen than it sounds on paper.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
let's hope
the MCU doesn't pull any shit like the time they decided to erase Peter's marriage to MJ with Mysterio, That shit still kinda pisses me off.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
She's cool, but "lol yandere" gets old after a while.
Recent chapters gave her a lot more depth then that
let's hope
the MCU doesn't pull any shit like the time they decided to erase Peter's marriage to MJ with Mysterio, That shit still kinda pisses me off.
wasn't it Satan that killed his marriage, well ether way I doubt they'll go that direction since that storyline is universally infamous and hated by almost every Spiderman fan

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to vote for Spinner to give him some love but I need more development from him. Hopefully the next few chapters are focused on him.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Oh, speaking of my beloved Captain. For those of you who have watched and may want to discuss it, what did you think of his character developments in Endgame?

I was only recently made aware that there's quite a bit of divisiveness for his ending due to some fans believing it is uncharacteristic of Steve to stop fighting and live an ordinary life, i.e. taking the (much deserved) self-care route and no longer continue to keep sacrificing his happiness by fighting for others.

I know that Steve's character has, from the very beginning, given up his happiness to serve others but I don't think it's wrong at all or against the character's writing for him to finally settle down, you know?
Agreed.

Mysterio will supposedly be another "uncle figure" to Peter? I really hope that's not the case because if they do it again then it feels like they're shackling Peter down to father figures as if they don't believe the character can go on on his own. It made sense with Tony given the context but they really have to stop it there.
Oh yeah, Homecoming is my favorite solo hero outing in the MCU and FFH is looking to surpass it easily. I love the warm, positive energy the MCU Spider-Man films seem to have.
There was an interview around the time of the first trailer drop. Either Jake or Tom said it's more of a big brother/little brother relationship, which isn't something that's really touched on with Peter a lot. The closest I can think of is his relationship with Eddie in the Ultimate comics when they were kids. I think(hope), it'll feel different enough.
There was no way I was not clicking on that FFH trailer
I'm with ya. When I saw that thumbnail I clicked it so fast even Barry Allen would've done a double take
let's hope
FUCK. ONE. MORE. DAY!

This is a great opportunity to be a shameless shill and recommend Nick Spencer's current run on Amazing Spider-Man. It's been good stuff since issue 1, and there's a really cool Kraven arc happening right now. He nails Peter and his supporting casts interactions, and best of all, Peter and MJ are back together! They're not married again, but hey, it's a start

Oh, and I changed my vote to Spinner because he deserves it

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, Homecoming is my favorite solo hero outing in the MCU and FFH is looking to surpass it easily. I love the warm, positive energy the MCU Spider-Man films seem to have.
There was an interview around the time of the first trailer drop. Either Jake or Tom said it's more of a big brother/little brother relationship, which isn't something that's really touched on with Peter a lot. The closest I can think of is his relationship with Eddie in the Ultimate comics when they were kids. I think(hope), it'll feel different enough.
I guess that's better... though I'd still prefer it if Peter was allowed to be on his own more. It's interesting that way since we'll be dealing with a much younger Peter working on his own as opposed to Webb's and Raimi's versions. We've already seen MCU Peter with others and that's great, but for the most part, Peter is a solo hero and again, it would be an interesting angle to explore given his age.
This is a great opportunity to be a shameless shill and recommend Nick Spencer's current run on Amazing Spider-Man. It's been good stuff since issue 1, and there's a really cool Kraven arc happening right now. He nails Peter and his supporting casts interactions, and best of all, Peter and MJ are back together! They're not married again, but hey, it's a start
DUDE. I was reading this run but then the comic store couldn't get issue 8 for some reason and I had to stop because of that. Now I'm just waiting for the TPB releases and I'll be buying them on Comixology. Sucks to have to wait so long though! But yeah, totally agree. Nick Spencer's run has been fantastic so far. I was so ecstatic reading that issue the first time! Just the opening, seeing Peter and MJ together like that... God!
I'm scratching my neck in anticipation of the next chapter.
tumblr_ox0pq8JLGH1wysj1fo2_250.gif

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I guess that's better... though I'd still prefer it if Peter was allowed to be on his own more. It's interesting that way since we'll be dealing with a much younger Peter working on his own as opposed to Webb's and Raimi's versions. We've already seen MCU Peter with others and that's great, but for the most part, Peter is a solo hero and again, it would be an interesting angle to explore given his age.
I think it's gonna be fine, Marvel has given me no reason to doubt them. Plus it's Mysterio lol, he's gonna end up being a bad guy and Peter's gonna have to learn an important lesson from that. I think we'll get him on his own more, but I like seeing him with other MCU characters too. I love that Nick Fury is helping him with this, it feels very Ultimate Spider-Man.
DUDE. I was reading this run but then the comic store couldn't get issue 8 for some reason and I had to stop because of that. Now I'm just waiting for the TPB releases and I'll be buying them on Comixology. Sucks to have to wait so long though! But yeah, totally agree. Nick Spencer's run has been fantastic so far. I was so ecstatic reading that issue the first time! Just the opening, seeing Peter and MJ together like that... God!
It has only gotten better brother, he's doing some really awesome stuff with Black Cat and The Lizard, though I think the seeds were planted in like issue #3 or #4. It's not quite Ultimate Spider-Man but it's close, its been very good and consistent the entire run so far.
gqazqyluzkbzrtunvhde.png

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed.

I'm with ya. When I saw that thumbnail I clicked it so fast even Barry Allen would've done a double take

FUCK. ONE. MORE. DAY!

Oh, and I changed my vote to Spinner because he deserves it
that's great Peter and MJ are my second favorite comic couple behind Lois and Clark

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Man. Just cracked open my copy of the bluray for Season 3 Part 1, threw on United States of Smash and....the transfer looks kind of bad? Pretty blurry looking and just doesn't seem to pop like a bluray should. Doesn't look that great. Kinda disappointed.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Oh Hydra Cap, never got the rage for that because it always felt like an obvious publicity gimmick that was going to get retcon in the end
I was never mad about it either, precisely because yeah, it got retconned back in the end. Plus it was coming off of Pete getting his body stolen by Doc Ock, which to me was wayyyy more egregious.

Gaara that pissed me off lol

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I was never mad about it either, precisely because yeah, it got retconned back in the end. Plus it was coming off of Pete getting his body stolen by Doc Ock, which to me was wayyyy more egregious.

The whole superior Spider-Man concept could have been handled a lot better, it's just Dan Slott is a terrible Spiderman writer that mainly sold his on pissing off fans with controversial decisions, killing Peter while Doc hits on MJ, turning Black Cat into an evil psychotic villain with just one Punch, and telling every Spider-Man fan that Peter is a loser manchild that's inferior to Otto in every way. It's fucking insane how Marvel even allowed all this to happen.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The whole superior Spider-Man concept could have been handled a lot better, it's just Dan Slott is a terrible Spiderman writer that mainly sold his on pissing off fans with controversial decisions, killing Peter while Doc hits on MJ, turning Black Cat into an evil psychotic villain with just one Punch, and telling every Spider-Man fan that Peter is a loser manchild that's inferior to Otto in every way. It's fucking insane how Marvel even allowed all this to happen.
tumblr_m6ljk26m4w1r5emg6.jpg

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am not a fan of Slott at all. I hated his version of Spider-Man's world. It was plot driving the story, rather than the characters. Everyone acted out of character.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017

It wasn't even retconned right? They just replaced Cap with the cosmic cube one right? Nazi cap (aka the actual real one) is still around unless they got rid of him recently.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
It wasn't even retconned right? They just replaced Cap with the cosmic cube one right? Nazi cap (aka the actual real one) is still around unless they got rid of him recently.
I believe it was stated that the Steve Rogers that was trapped in the Cosmic Cube was the original one

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it was stated that the Steve Rogers that was trapped in the Cosmic Cube was the original one
Nazi cap was from another reality real cap was good cap
Nazi Cap was the fake

You're right I forgot in the last issue Cap told Hydra Cap that Kobik created the fake history.

Jesus that whole storyline was a fucking mess. You could literally see the last minute editorial changes happening throughout the series

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Chitose confirmed dead.
Toga is down as well.
Redestro cries.
All the fights are being recorded.
1 hour and 20 minutes until Giga rampage.
Shiggy's sister is called Hana
Shiggy's tripping
Shiggy's ahegao.
Shiggy can dust people he hasn't touched when he ahegao.
Dabi vs guy in fur
Dude has ice quirk.​
Taken from 4chan, same guy as last chapter

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Chitose confirmed dead.​
Toga is down as well.​
Redestro cries.​
All the fights are being recorded.​
1 hour and 20 minutes until Giga rampage.​
Shiggy's sister is called Hana​
Shiggy's tripping​