• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Well Shigaraki has the most broken quirk in the series, and I hope Toga wakes up for at least the Giganto fight, it be a shame if we didn't get more from her after her new power up

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
rip in peace Killer Queen Girl. she had a cool design and well, that's basically it but it's enough for most girls in this series

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
these LoV power ups reminded me of this comic
1557427252684.gif

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Dabi is about to throw down with the parka dude whose face we haven't seen who now happens to have an ice quirk combined with the fact that this arc has been fleshing out the backstories of the league members a bit has already gotten some folks in a frenzy.

1557424505913.jpg

lmao

Could you imagine?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
The fact that Dabi is about to throw down with the parka dude whose face we haven't seen who now happens to have an ice quirk combined with the fact that this arc has been fleshing out the backstories of the league members a bit has already gotten some folks in a frenzy.

1557424505913.jpg

lmao

Could you imagine?

Definitely isn't Natsuo, just rechecked the chapter where we first see the parka person and they're visibly smaller than the other major members, especially the tall one who looks like Murdoc from Gorillaz.

Also Natsuo is quite tall/bulky, especially compared to Shoto (who's one of the taller people in Class A), there's simply no way it's Natsuo.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely isn't Natsuo, just rechecked the chapter where we first see the parka person and they're visibly smaller than the other major members, especially the tall one who looks like Murdoc from Gorillaz.

Also Natsuo is quite tall/bulky, especially compared to Shoto (who's one of the taller people in Class A), there's simply no way it's Natsuo.
1557430148911.png

The few panels we have of him aren't really good enough to judge his height, he's always sitting and slouching, if he is small then maybe it could be fuyumi

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't have to be one of the Todorokis, could be somebody from the mom's side of the family. That'd be enough of a secondary connection.
Also, I'm going to have to ask everybody to cease and desist using the words "Shigaraki" and "ahegao" in that close proximity. Pls and thank you.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

The Kaminari drawing in particular is ace, I'll be honest I didn't quite notice it at first!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

1557424505913.jpg

lmao

Could you imagine?

All of the sudden we get a swerve and ice user is Touya and Dabi was never part of the family.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
From Reddit:

Here's my theory on Dabi going against an ice enemy (who I doubt will be either Natsuo or Fuyumi, just seems too simple considering Horikoshi's past handling of the Todoroki family soap opera).

Everyone, maybe even those on the LOV, assumes he'll be weak against ice because of his fire quirk. Turns out Dabi's SUPER durable against the cold and easily wins the fight as a result. This could be another Touya clue- born with a fire quirk but a constitution built for an ice quirk.

This makes a lot of sense given Toya's apparent similarity with Rei's physical traits or however it was phrased.

The MLA's just gonna keep losing, lmao.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
From Reddit:

This makes a lot of sense given Toya's apparent similarity with Rei's physical traits or however it was phrased.

The MLA's just gonna keep losing, lmao.

The assumption that Dabi would be weak against ice is a massive stretch.

We can't assume that this dude is going to fight like Todoroki either, or that he has similar capabilities. He hasn't spoken so far, didn't salute Destro like the others, doesn't appear to have official position within government/private sector and looked like he was eating his dinner like a dog at the MLA headquarters. I'd guess that the Ice Climber is going to be very agressive/animalistic.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Shiggy just murdered like thirty people straight up. The original spoilers kinda got this wrong, it's clear Shiggy can't spread his decay at a distance and doing it like this causes a large amount of stress on his body

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Just seen the Korean scans

giphy.gif

We've got some stuff to talk about, I'll say that much, god fucking damn.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad her comrades gave some recognition to how unnecessary it was for Curious to fight in the front lines. Honestly though, her swift death and the dialogue I'm seeing from these other guys has left me a little cold on all of them aside from Destro.

Time for the Dabi showdown.

LoV power-up, indeed.

I guess everyone's getting an unexplained power up this arc at this rate lol, Spinner aside of course.

At least Shiggy's deal was far less egregious than what Toga pulled I guess, it makes enough sense.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Huh. Trend is pretty clear, it seems. League members will be displaying power ups throughout the arc, and I can't really be mad about that since they do need to get stronger. I just hope there's a good explanation. Seeing as Shigaraki was experiencing certain emotions, maybe that was the case with Toga.

Chapter ending narration said "death match," so I guess that's it for Ice Climber. As the Reddit theory I posted above suggested, if Dabi is indeed Toya, I expect he won't have a difficult time dealing with ice. At least not as much as one might expect for a fire quirk user.
The assumption that Dabi would be weak against ice is a massive stretch.

We can't assume that this dude is going to fight like Todoroki either, or that he has similar capabilities. He hasn't spoken so far, didn't salute Destro like the others, doesn't appear to have official position within government/private sector and looked like he was eating his dinner like a dog at the MLA headquarters. I'd guess that the Ice Climber is going to be very agressive/animalistic.
Ice and water are some of the only natural counters against fire, though, so I don't think it's a stretch to consider others would think it's a good match up.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
First Toga faces someone that could counter her device that draws blood, now Dabi vs. Ice dude, might be a trend if it keeps up

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Destro and his underlings are such obvious stepping stones for the LoV, even moreso than Overhaul was. It was the same in the last fight and it's here in this chapter. They are trying to apply logic to the league, a team of batshit insane people. Destro and his underlings seem to not understand that they are dealing with crazy people, because he says they are not bearing their heart in order to convince people. But this is exactly what Curious failed to recognize in the last few chapters. Toga isn't unfortunate in her eyes even though Curious said she was. The League isn't shacking their heart up at all, in fact that's been Shiggy's whole arc in the series essentially.

Shiggy's "power-up" is acceptable and pretty good imo. I can't be the only one that think that Hori tends to rely on the idea of "sickness" in the writing a lot can I? It appears in Overhaul's backstory and Shiggy has mentioned the sickness All Might gave society through his ever present protection. It's no shock his quirk also can pass from person to person just like a plague, which is what happens. Whoever wrote the spoilers were obviously paying no attention. The strain on his body also explains why he can't just touch the ground and fuck shit up like with Overhaul. I also like how they poke fun at "another" flashback in those pages, guess they will keep teasing Shiggy's full flashback till later in the series.

Dabi's fight, I have to say, is looking honestly real boring unless Hori does something I'm not expecting. I mean, how do you spin "I control fire", in an interesting way when a main character already has fire powers? Compress fight when?

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Emotions seem to play a role in this. It was pointed out by Curious when Toga used Uraraka's quirk, and now we know Shigaraki was feeling something unusual before using that "field of decay" which Spinner takes note of. It reminds me of Deku's power up which was a result of high emotions too.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Emotions seem to play a role in this. It was pointed out by Curious when Toga used Uraraka's quirk, and now we know Shigaraki was feeling something unusual before using that "field of decay" which Spinner takes note of. It reminds me of Deku's power up which was a result of high emotions too.
I think I'd rather trust Toga on what she thinks about her quirk than Curious and Shigaraki doesn't act like this is anything new. I mean, why would Shiggy charge them all if he didn't expect this to happen? What is interesting is his chat with himself about seeing things that are not there and his little flashback, which stinks of All for One fuckery.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'd rather trust Toga on what she thinks about her quirk than Curious

To be fair, Toga doesn't know what the fuck is going on either lol

Shigaraki doesn't act like this is anything new. I mean, why would Shiggy charge them all if he didn't expect this to happen?

I agree that in comparison, Shiggy appears to know what he was doing, but at the same time notably this is the first time Spinner has ever seen him do this before, so who knows

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Shiggy just Thanos snapped twice.

What an amazing panel. Only issue is that I want more. Loving the hell out of this arc.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Another strong chapter, I hope we get Dabi's backstory next, no need to drag that out any further, Toga seems like she's going to be out for a while but I doubt it'll be the whole arc since Giganto wakes up for more than a hour from then, Shigaraki's flashback also makes me think his sister could be alive, they emphasize his memory is bad and none of the hands around him look like ones of a little girl

Also it's odd I'm seeing more people give Shigaraki's power up pass then Toga's when she was in a emotional near death experience where she turns into someone she loves and envies as a last ditch effort while Shigaraki was just sleepy

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Another strong chapter, I hope we get Dabi's backstory next, no need to drag that out any further, Toga seems like she's going to be out for a while but I doubt it'll be the whole arc since Giganto wakes up for more than a hour from then, Shigaraki's flashback also makes me think his sister could be alive, they emphasize his memory is bad and none of the hands around him look like ones of a little girl

Also it's odd I'm seeing more people give Shigaraki's power up pass then Toga's when she was in a emotional near death experience where she turns into someone she loves and envies as a last ditch effort while Shigaraki was just sleepy

I think it's because with Shiggy Horikoshis been alluding for a while now that there's clearly been some fuckery from AFO and the doc, and as a result theres a lot of ambiguity over his quirk and memories so there's a lot more to dig into, whereas with Toga it was seemingly out of nowhere, not mention it clearly took its toll with him barfing at the end so he's probably closing in on his current limit, so that evens things out a bit.

Also helps that the whole sequence looked absolutely fucking amazing.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Bones is going to have to censor the shit out of this lmao.
Shigaraki's hand scraping through that dudes face is pretty graphic.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

One's an undeniably convenient asspull, the other at least happens against some random fodder. His thing frankly doesn't make much sense either, but I guess Horikoshi is only gonna keep doing it, so meh

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's because with Shiggy Horikoshis been alluding for a while now that there's clearly been some fuckery from AFO and the doc, and as a result theres a lot of ambiguity over his quirk and memories so there's a lot more to dig into, whereas with Toga it was seemingly out of nowhere, not mention it clearly took its toll with him barfing at the end so he's probably closing in on his current limit, so that evens things out a bit.

Also helps that the whole sequence looked absolutely fucking amazing.
I found both sequence very well drawn but I don't agree with Shigaraki's powers being less ambiguous we've seen Shigaraki fight before, for Toga it was her first fight energy transformation read out quickly once using, I saw both situations similarly that for are power ups that work and make sense within the definition of their quirk, but Toga's was in a more convenient situation though I believe that situation made her power up more believable for me because she was being pushed

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Okay honestly it helps that Shigaraki thing is something he could probably do for a while but he never had to face crowds ganging up on him and never had use his powers to spread to other people

As opposed to Toga apparently never knowing this and never coming up when she's a fugitive

Also Dabi was holding back

Why

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Okay honestly it helps that Shigaraki thing is something he could probably do for a while but he never had to face crowds ganging up on him and never had use his powers to spread to other people

As opposed to Toga apparently never knowing this and never coming up when she's a fugitive

Also Dabi was holding back

Why

Shigaraki's original plan was to make the Liberation Army fight Giga to tire him out. That plan doesn't really work when the LoV kills everyone before Giga gets there.
Dabi's seen that Shiggy's just massacring people anyway, so he's saying 'fuck it" too.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Nana Shimura
Hana Shimura

Hana was also the of the name of the girl in Horikoshi's first one shot Tenko

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Eh... why are people complaining about Shiggy's power up, it totally makes sense
I wouldn't even call a power up woth how straight forward it is
About the chapter I think the ice dude/gal might be a parent but not fuyumi or natsuo, maybe a 3rd cousin

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

(Giran listening to Destro talk about how precious human life is)
2kvdsg.jpg

Good chappy, positioned us well for the next fight. Interesting that they are recording the battle. I feel like when the League wins they're gonna take that footage and spread it among the criminal underground to get more infamy/recruits.

Shigaraki. Shiggy. Tenko. Boy oh boy. While that power up is nasty, it didn't feel as cheap to me as what happened with Toga. Plus, that panel of him just straight up dusting those random fodder was awesome.

The flashback was probably my favorite part of the chapter. It was short, but learning anything about Shiggy's backstory is neat. So we can infer Shiggy's dad was probably an ass and that he and his sister were close.

Dabi vs evil Ice Climber next week! I'm pretty stoked for that fight, I kinda want to see what insane power up Hori gives Dabi since it seems this is the arc the LoV all get power ups.

Will Dabi melt the ice of his foe? How long before Destro takes a more active role? Will somebody give Shiggy a coffee???? Find out next time on My Hero(Villain)Academia!

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I found both sequence very well drawn but I don't agree with Shigaraki's powers being less ambiguous we've seen Shigaraki fight before, for Toga it was her first fight energy transformation read out quickly once using, I saw both situations similarly that for are power ups that work and make sense within the definition of their quirk, but Toga's was in a more convenient situation though I believe that situation made her power up more believable for me because she was being pushed

Shigiraki's power up was more straight forward. We've seen him dust people by just touching their clothes rather than their skin (or vice versa), so him powering it up to a full chain reaction isn't a straight new ability like Toga's. Plus, he clearly knew he could do it, so it's probably something he picked up during his training with Gigantomachia.

Granted, Toga's power up also made sense – quirks are physical abilities so her turning into someone should give her access to their quirks. It just needed a better explanation.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Shigiraki's power up makes a ton of sense. i wonder what he's gonna be able to do at full power down the line.

Also, I hope that LoV don't all end up fighting someone who is a perfect counter to their Quirks.

Status
Not open for further replies.