• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe Shigaraki knew he could get multiple people at once. That's what the whole being sleepy messing with his perception was about. He saw the mass of people as a singular large object and his quirk ac5ed accordingly.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I don't believe Shigaraki knew he could get multiple people at once. That's what the whole being sleepy messing with his perception was about. He saw the mass of people as a singular large object and his quirk ac5ed accordingly.
Yeah, overhaul would be dead if could have always decay multiple people at once

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wonders if we're supposed to look at these powerups for the league as a sort of videogame level up.

They did just spend a month basically fighting/leveling against a high level opponent.

It'll be interesting if Dabi powers up at all.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Having said that, let me also say:

So I was never big on the notion that AFO gave Shigaraki his quirk or killed his family.and implanted false memories, but I did believe he did something fucky to him.

This chapter gives me the what. AfO Scott Summers'd him. Based on the way Shigaraki's quirk now seems to work that means the quirk can't possibly be all or nothing. And if it can scale up, it can likely scale down.

If that's the case it's likely he should be able to straight up turn it off. But he can't. My hypothesis is that Shigaraki could turn his quirk off as kid and AfO did something to temporarily disable his control. The trauma after killing his family did the rest.

EDIT:
Also, the apparent exchange with his dad serves as possible evidence as well

Picture this, Shigaraki saying he wants to be a hero, his dad telling him he can't be a hero with his quirk, his sister cheering him up by telling him their grandmother was a hero. Runs into a strange man on the street one day who says some nice things and sends him off with a pat on the head. And that evening that same quirk his father had said he couldn't be a hero with kills his whole family.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It also helps that Shiggy's quirk already was busted to begin with. I'm just glad the spoilers about him being able to do it at a distance wasn't true, I was actually really concerned about it lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I agree, Spinner being in shock over it happening supports this

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It also helps that Shiggy's quirk already was busted to begin with. I'm just glad the spoilers about him being able to do it at a distance wasn't true, I was actually really concerned about it lol
That would have been straight up broken if he could do that
Shigaraki The Mad Villain
Oh that makes sense

I was thinking how Shigaraki is even standing when he wouldn't have a decent sleep in weeks considering he can only get 3 hours of sleep tops maybe a bit more with clones

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The comment about Spinner not having defeated anybody yet makes me think even more that he doesn't have a quirk.

Dec 28, 2018
That was a meh chapter. I knew the chances of Kizuki living were slim but I still can't help but be disappointed. Just annoyed that she was wasted on Toga but oh well. The Shigaraki stuff was whatever I didn't care much for it one way or another.

Dabi having the next big fight doesn't interest me in the slightest, always found him to be the most boring LOV member. And my theory about the hooded figure being a sort of secret weapon for the liberation army is all but dead now. And if the Toga fight is anything to go by the hooded figure will probably be over and done with in two chapters, I now only really have hope for Destro being worth a shit as a threat. Anyway maybe the hooded figure will be connected to Dabi somehow or maybe they'll be some random person, who knows but either way I'll probably be disappointed with the outcome. At this point I'm only really looking forward to Spinner and Twice's main fights, if they even get one that is.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
That was a meh chapter. I knew the chances of Kizuki living were slim but I still can't help but be disappointed. Just annoyed that she was wasted on Toga but oh well. The Shigaraki stuff was whatever I didn't care much for it one way or another.

Dabi having the next big fight doesn't interest me in the slightest, always found him to be the most boring LOV member. And my theory about the hooded figure being a sort of secret weapon for the liberation army is all but dead now. And if the Toga fight is anything to go by the hooded figure will probably be over and done with in two chapters, I now only really have hope for Destro being worth a shit as a threat. Anyway maybe the hooded figure will be connected to Dabi somehow or maybe they'll be some random person, who knows but either way I'll probably be disappointed with the outcome. At this point I'm only really looking forward to Spinner and Twice's main fights, if they even get one that is.
I had pretty much accepted it the other week when she went SPLAT on the pavement, but it is a huge bummer Kizuki is gone. Next to Destro, she had my favorite design of the villains this arc.

I'm excited for the Dabi fight, I'm hoping we'll get a flashback to help solidify the theories(even though it's pretty obvious at this point)

Dec 28, 2018
I had pretty much accepted it the other week when she went SPLAT on the pavement, but it is a huge bummer Kizuki is gone. Next to Destro, she had my favorite design of the villains this arc.

I'm excited for the Dabi fight, I'm hoping we'll get a flashback to help solidify the theories(even though it's pretty obvious at this point)
I was interested in her because of finally having another main female villain in the story. I would have liked if she somehow survived so she could be fleshed out more later on but that isn't happening anymore. I hope that the others won't be killed off after their respective fights but I pretty much expect at this point that they'll all be a one and done deal.

A potential flashback is the only thing I can say I have any interest in this upcoming fight for Dabi.
Not sure how you can say she was wasted if she was never worth a damn to begin with
Because he could have done much more with her instead of just having her be simple fodder for Toga's development mate.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the way Shigaraki's dusting is starting at one end and moving through the mass of people, this almost seems like he has "corpse explosion", which is way more interesting as a power-up than just " he can make people into large bombs".

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how you can say she was wasted if she was never worth a damn to begin with

Given her influential status outside of a villain and how that could've been utlized within the arc or elsewhere, she was definitely wasted. If she was just a big shot bodyguard or something, and nothing more, it wouldn't sting as much to see her go down so quickly. Instead her position is solely used to partly justify her rather one-note gag/quirk of apparently being super into interviewing people.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Given her influential status outside of a villain and how that could've been utlized within the arc or elsewhere, she was definitely wasted. If she was just a big shot bodyguard or something, and nothing more, it wouldn't sting as much to see her go down so quickly. Instead her position is solely used to partly justify her rather one-note gag/quirk of apparently being super into interviewing people.

Funnily, her influence was the most obvious until now, since she's the one responsible for the Destro reprints.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I was interested in her because of finally having another main female villain in the story. I would have liked if she somehow survived so she could be fleshed out more later on but that isn't happening anymore. I hope that the others won't be killed off after their respective fights but I pretty much expect at this point that they'll all be a one and done deal.

A potential flashback is the only thing I can say I have any interest in this upcoming fight for Dabi.

Because he could have done much more with her instead of just having her be simple fodder for Toga's development mate.
Understandable, this being a long-running Shonen I'm sure we'll get more female Villains later on, sadly for Kizuki she ended up being a one-off but in terms of one off villains goes, I wouldn't say it was a bad she gave a lot of damage to her opponent and pushed her to the brink of death. As for the rest of the liberation army I'm now 100% sure that Destro at least won't be taken out this arc since he's not using the full extent of his army, he is not using the corrupt Heroes that he has against the league since he wants to make it seem that it's the civilians that are saving the day by using their quirks, we can have an arc with Destro using the liberation army's undercover Heroes and we could also have some Heroes we know turn out to be traitors, and ask for the MLA's top members in this arc I can see two or three of them surviving because this after they pointed out that Kizuki was dumb for being in the front line in the first place
For me she never did anything to earn my interests besides her status so her death didn't really bother me that much, I don't put that much weight in the ranks amongst members of villain groups after what happened with overhauls men

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Dabi's gonna take an L here. He's been set up as the too cool for school party member since the arc began, and even before that. Never really around for a defeat, barely taking any hits.

His mystique is going to develop a crack in the coming match.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Dabi's gonna take an L here. He's been set up as the too cool for school party member since the arc began, and even before that. Never really around for a defeat, barely taking any hits.

His clones lost twice and got knocked out by gran

But you're right considering he hasn't been in any real fights even spinner and twice have something that would call a real right

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
New Vigilante chapter is out on Viz

I hope this is the case, I also hope the hooded ice user ends up being Fuyumi

Dec 28, 2018
Understandable, this being a long-running Shonen I'm sure we'll get more female Villains later on, sadly for Kizuki she ended up being a one-off but in terms of one off villains goes, I wouldn't say it was a bad she gave a lot of damage to her opponent and pushed her to the brink of death. As for the rest of the liberation army I'm now 100% sure that Destro at least won't be taken out this arc since he's not using the full extent of his army, he is not using the corrupt Heroes that he has against the league since he wants to make it seem that it's the civilians that are saving the day by using their quirks, we can have an arc with Destro using the liberation army's undercover Heroes and we could also have some Heroes we know turn out to be traitors, and ask for the MLA's top members in this arc I can see two or three of them surviving because this after they pointed out that Kizuki was dumb for being in the front line in the first place
I'll admit that if Kizuki was a guy I wouldn't be complaining nearly as much. I hope that he does introduce more female villains in the future and handles them better but I can't say I have much confidence in Horikoshi, but as I always say I'd love to be proved wrong. And I'm leaning towards Destro and the others being a one and done deal mostly because of how Horikoshi treated past non LOV villains such as Overhaul's gang. And with Kizuki being dead this chapter it doesn't help very much in making me think otherwise.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I still can't believe people thought she wasn't dead lol
Lol I can kinda understand it, Shonen is so inconsistent. Remember when Hiyori got chopped in half in Bleach and survived? Good times
For better or worse, Toga is pretty much the primary female villain of the series. I'm also expecting all of Destro's group to die, but I would love to be mistaken.

I think he's gonna win. I don't think his mystique is really gonna crack around anyone but another Todoroki, and even then probably only when he chooses to.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Giganto seems more like the big boss of this arc, beating him is the primary goal of this arc, he's the strongest, and there's literally a timer counting down to his arrival, if the league get Giran and defeat Giganto before facing Destro then they have no reason to stay and fight, they'll just teleport out of there

The difference between liberation army and the Yakuza is that Horikoshi isn't using the liberation armies full force so I don't think he'll be done with them this arc, also the top members don't equal the strongest members, they just have a high status, Destro most likely has some strong pro heroes on his side

Dec 28, 2018
For better or worse, Toga is pretty much the primary female villain of the series. I'm also expecting all of Destro's group to die, but I would love to be mistaken.
You aren't wrong about that but I'd say for me at least it's for worse than better, it's part of the reason why I wanted other prominent female villains in the series. I'd like the liberation army to continue on after this arc is over but as more time passes on I grow more doubtful.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
You aren't wrong about that but I'd say for me at least it's for worse than better, it's part of the reason why I wanted other prominent female villains in the series. I'd like the liberation army to continue on after this arc is over but as more time passes on I grow more doubtful.
This arc focusing on the villains is a step in the right direction. Let's hope he can start to develop other villains properly as he builds the LoV too
I still say y'all are buying into a blatant red herring here.
Of Dabi being Endeavor's kid? Maybe before the pro hero arc, but now? Seems almost certain

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Only time Dabi ever cracked his cool demeanor is so he can scream at Endeavour and he was really happy he gets to kill him

Regardless whether he's a Todoroki or not there's precedent for Dabi to crack a bit

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Having a member of the Liberation army join the League would be interesting to see at the end. The issue with the other villains in this series is you either stand with the League or get blown out since the League wants to be the king of the underworld. I totally don't see the Liberation Army as an organization continuing after this. I think Hori should have had All for One groom two children so Shigaraki could have a rival on the villain side, like how Deku has Bakugou on the hero side.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe people thought she wasn't dead lol
Because it wasn't shown, simple
I wouldn't be so cynical about MLA if it wasn't for the fact we went through this with the yakuza
Ok I will bite
The 8 precepts were introduced exactly to slow down the heroes and 2 of them managed to do a lot damage on them(Rappa and Nemoto), you are being cynical because you want too, you doesn't need to force similarities.
Well first he'll have to stop making the non LOV villains a one and done deal and have them be recurring.
I think this is a criticism that should be made after the arc is finished and not when it is being developed

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if Dabi's power up will be different from something we would see from Endeavor.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Having a member of the Liberation army join the League would be interesting to see at the end. The issue with the other villains in this series is you either stand with the League or get blown out since the League wants to be the king of the underworld. I totally don't see the Liberation Army as an organization continuing after this. I think Hori should have had All for One groom two children so Shigaraki could have a rival on the villain side, like how Deku has Bakugou on the hero side.
Interesting insight. This makes me think of something that I hadn't considered before.

Surely Shiggy can't be the only child AfO has groomed as a possible successor. I do wonder if there are/was others, and what became of them

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still miffed at the blue balls surrounding Dabi's identity from the pro hero arc

Lol I can kinda understand it, Shonen is so inconsistent. Remember when Hiyori got chopped in half in Bleach and survived? Good times

I honestly have no idea who that is lol, my memory of Bleach is horrid these days

And yes, I get it, shounen. But look at the context, including this being an arc where the LoV, the protagonists, have established a clear body count. Add that with the sheer unambiguously graphic way she went out... yea, the result seemed hella clear to me lol

At the very least, I hope we can agree that it was weird to see people think that not only was she alive, but she'd still have a role to play this arc with those injuries.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Another thing I would like to point out is that Stain isn't exactly an one and done and character. He was defeated in the same arc he was introduced but he impacted many arcs after that including this one
I'm curious if Dabi's power up will be different from something we would see from Endeavor.
I don't think it will be a true power up and more like a power we didn't see so far
Dabi is a very secretive person about his powers and past, I believe we never even had an explanation for how his quirk works so far.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm still miffed at the blue balls surrounding Dabi's identity from the pro hero arc

I honestly have no idea who that is lol, my memory of Bleach is horrid these days

And yes, I get it, shounen. But look at the context, including this being an arc where the LoV, the protagonists, have established a clear body count. Add that with the sheer unambiguously graphic way she went out... yea, the result seemed hella clear to me lol

At the very least, I hope we can agree that it was weird to see people think that not only was she alive, but she'd still have a role to play this arc with those injuries.
Oh no, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Just saying I can understand thinking she might have survived. Death fake outs happen a lot(looking at you Hobgoblin) though obviously Hori hasn't done that yet thankfully.

Lmao at you forgetting Hiyori. I wish I could strike it from my memory too, friend. She was the blonde in the Vizard/Vesored group. I would grab a pic but she's not that important lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Just saying I can understand thinking she might have survived. Death fake outs happen a lot(looking at you Hobgoblin) though obviously Hori hasn't done that yet thankfully.

Lmao at you forgetting Hiyori. I wish I could strike it from my memory too, friend. She was the blonde in the Vizard/Vesored group. I would grab a pic but she's not that important lol

Oh, a Vizard, no wonder I don't remember lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.