• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Just saying I can understand thinking she might have survived. Death fake outs happen a lot(looking at you Hobgoblin) though obviously Hori hasn't done that yet thankfully.

Lmao at you forgetting Hiyori. I wish I could strike it from my memory too, friend. She was the blonde in the Vizard/Vesored group. I would grab a pic but she's not that important lol
I still think it wouldnt be forced if someone of her followers had a quirk that allowed her to survive, she being ready for another combat is another story but I think laughing about people thinking that she could survive now that we know have the confirmation seems a bit wrong

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I still think it wouldnt be forced if someone of her followers had a quirk that allowed her to survive, she being ready for another combat is another story but I think laughing about people thinking different now that we know what happenned seems a bit too much
...Huh? I'm not laughing at anybody. The post you quoted literally says I can understand people thinking she survived, even though I didn't personally

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
...Huh? I'm not laughing at anybody. The post you quoted literally says I can understand people thinking she survived, even though I didn't personally
Not you but Lotus that you were agreeing with, the first part of the post that was more directed to you, I dont think it would be a Death fake out if it happenned like I said

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I'm curious if Dabi's power up will be different from something we would see from Endeavor.

I don't think Dabi is getting a power up, since he hasn't been training with the rest of the league against Gigantomachia.

Plus Endeavor stated during the Pro Hero arc that, while Touya's flames were more powerful, his constitution wasn't strong enough. So I wouldn't be surprised if Dabi (if he is Touya) already reached his limit power wise.

(Although it would be interesting if Dabi inherited his mom's ice-user constitution, which would come into play during the next battle).

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
You're being distracted from Dabi having a different kind of connection to the Todoroki's by the existence of Touya.is my contention.
Oh, I've never thought he was Touya. I figured that if the last Todoroki sibling had those kinds of burn scars and those kind of flames we'd have heard about it by now. I think he's probably Endeavour's kid, but not part of the family.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not you but Lotus that you were agreeing with, the first part of the post that was more directed to you, I dont think it would be a Death fake out if it happenned like I said

I can only assume you were one of those people, otherwise I don't see how a generic lol is now "too much"

Dec 28, 2018
Like I said after, Stain is still a big part of the plot. Also we don't know what happenned with Gentle and La Brava.
Don't think you get what I mean by a one and done deal. Sure Stain has had influence after his defeat but it's not like we've seen him again in an arc besides that little cameo of his all the way back. I'd actually like to see previous villains coming back in the flesh and having involvement in an arc. And I have doubts that either La Brava or Gentle will have much going on for them in the story after their defeat and I'd imagine at most they'll get a small cameo like Stain did.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Don't think you get what I mean by a one and done deal. Sure Stain has had influence after his defeat but it's not like we've seen him again besides that little cameo of his all the way back. I'd actually like to see previous villains coming back in the flesh and having involvement in an arc. And I have doubts that either La Brava or Gentle will much going for them in the story after their defeat and I'd imagine at most they'll get a small cameo like Stain did.
Stain will return!!!!

I believe

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Don't think you get what I mean by a one and done deal. Sure Stain has had influence after his defeat but it's not like we've seen him again in an arc besides that little cameo of his all the way back. I'd actually like to see previous villains coming back in the flesh and having involvement in an arc. And I have doubts that either La Brava or Gentle will have much going on for them in the story after their defeat and I'd imagine at most they'll get a small cameo like Stain did.
Stain is in the same prison as AFO so he's definitely still has a big role in the story

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Stain is in the same prison as AFO so he's definitely still has a big role in the story
Yep, if AFO breakout theory is true it is very possible that stain will escape too
Also Horikoshi likes to give him close ups whenever he shows tartarus like he is saying "don't forget about stain, he is important"

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Interesting insight. This makes me think of something that I hadn't considered before.

Surely Shiggy can't be the only child AfO has groomed as a possible successor. I do wonder if there are/was others, and what became of them
I think the ship has already sailed on All for One grooming anymore successors along with Shiggy. Shiggy in particular is special due to being Nana's grandson and he is clearly what AfO was betting it all on so he could fuck with All Might.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think the ship has already sailed on All for One grooming anymore successors along with Shiggy. Shiggy in particular is special due to being Nana's grandson and he is clearly what AfO was betting it all on so he could fuck with All Might.
I meant in the past as well. AfO has been alive a long time, it's conceivable he had other potential successors that didn't work out for whatever reason.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes 53

Vigilantes showing how strong Best Jeanist actually is. Giant carbon fiber cables were neat.

Also Koichi having one of those "jump in without thinking to save someone" moments but ends up completely failing lol.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I think I'd rather trust Toga on what she thinks about her quirk than Curious and Shigaraki doesn't act like this is anything new. I mean, why would Shiggy charge them all if he didn't expect this to happen? What is interesting is his chat with himself about seeing things that are not there and his little flashback, which stinks of All for One fuckery.
Toga didn't really think of any sort of explanation, she was just surprised. That implies it's something new to her, which would still work in the context of Curious' theory. As of now, my belief is that heightened emotions can unlock "power ups," in a manner similar to adrenaline rushes. The latter would allow a mother to lift a car to save her children, and in the case of quirks, heightened emotions allow them to push their quirks further to do things they normally wouldn't be able to do. Then, over time, I expect Toga to be able to use other people's quirks on a regular basis.

Essentially, I believe heightened emotions would allow one to skip the gruelling training (like what 1-A and 1-B have been going through) and use "power ups." It's like a momentary burst of power that gives them a taste of what they could do in the future. It's much like Deku accidentally tapping into Black Whip only to not be able to use it regularly.

You're right about the flashbacks. There's definitely more to them... I'm getting more suspicious of All For One and more interested in Shigaraki's past.

Speaking of that flashback, it seems to imply that Shigaraki wanted to be a hero but his father did not approve of it. Is the latter new info? I know Nana left her family (or neglected) due to her work as a hero, so I'm not surprised her son doesn't approve of his own son becoming one.
Yes, as it always has.

Quirks=personality=emotion
Not exactly, though? Emotions are a part of one's personality in they can describe each other, but a character's emotional state hasn't affected their quirks before. And I'm specifically referring to power ups and new abilities. Prior to Black Whip, we've only seen new abilities as a result of physical training.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted ms. reporter to survive, :(

So there's people thinking that girl on shigaraki's flashback resembles Momo too much... but ages couldn't match, right?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I wanted ms. reporter to survive, :(

So there's people thinking that girl on shigaraki's flashback resembles Momo too much... but ages couldn't match, right?

The girl resembles Nana Shimura, her grandmother.
Nana Shimura looks like Momo because, at it would seem, they are both characters that are designed to be beautiful/pretty and have dark hair. I don't think it goes beyond that.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The girl resembles Nana Shimura, her grandmother.
Nana Shimura looks like Momo because, at it would seem, they are both characters that are designed to be beautiful/pretty and have dark hair. I don't think it goes beyond that.
Like how beautiful in one piece means Robin or Nami most of the time

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Bakugo and Muscular never looked that similar in the manga either, the anime just made it seem that way by simplifying Muscular's face.
Same thing with Shindo and Deku.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Like 2 chapters ago Spinner basically said he doesn't even care about Stain's ideals, he just thought he looked cool.
Dabi and Toga seem to have forgotten him too.
Stain doesn't matter anymore.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Like 2 chapters ago Spinner basically said he doesn't even care about Stain's ideals, he just thought he looked cool.
He didn't say that, he said he was inspired by stain taking a against a society he himself hates, Toga in the Yakuza arc also mention being inspired by stain and early in this arc she still said she was in love with him, Stain is still a plot point that isn't going away

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
tumblr_ppn0kg9Szb1t3jq23o1_1280.png

On the contrary, I would say that Stain's final stand is the genesis for the entire "rise of villains" era.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
tumblr_ppn0kg9Szb1t3jq23o1_1280.png

On the contrary, I would say that Stain's final stand is the genesis for the entire "rise of villains" era.
Boy oh boy I can't wait for Stain to come back. I think it's more a matter of when then if

The longer Hori holds him back, the more hype it'll be. Maybe after this arc the next villain arc will be the long hoped for prison break and we get to see a bunch of old villains again.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
No, I did read it right, but my interpretation is just different.
Even now, that's how I see it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think next time stain appears he definitely dies, maybe a 1vs1 against Shigaraki?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Also I don't think Toga ever really cared about Stain ideals she just wants to drink his blood or something

Dabi remember I don't think he has any real loyalty to the group the way he acts it's just useful to whatever his actual goal is

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
CGy23O2.png

THE ICE CLIMBER COMETH

I'm probably alone in this, but I'm excited to see what he'll do. This chapter, they talked about how Curious got carried away and shouldn't have fought directly. I strongly suspect that this dude is a legit fighter, and that's the only reason the MLA keeps him around.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
CGy23O2.png

THE ICE CLIMBER COMETH

I'm probably alone in this, but I'm excited to see what he'll do. This chapter, they talked about how Curious got carried away and shouldn't have fought directly. I strongly suspect that this dude is a legit fighter, and that's the only reason the MLA keeps him around.
He is the only top member to not be introduced so i think he isn't an influencer like the others and just a fighter like you said

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Ice Climber's going to turn out to be Natuso or anything like that since a bit back there was a panel of him eating food by just jamming his face into it. He may just turn out to be a kind of generic but strong fighter.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'd rather Ice Climber be completely unrelated to Rei and simply be a mysterious character who has an ice quirk and was possibly brought into the MLA to counter Dabi because Redestro assumed Dabi would be weak or less effective against ice.

Either ways, I'm probably gonna be very happy with the following chapters because it'll focus on Dabi and give me a new ice-powered character. If it turns out that they're related to Rei? That's just more Todorki family drama for me. It's a win-win. Unless it turns out to be Fuyumi or Natsuo, lol.
I see it differently as well. The way I understood it is that Spinner didn't truly follow Stain for his ideal, but more of the idea of him. He was moved by the sight of someone trying so damn hard to change the unjust things in society. I don't think Spinner necessarily believes in Stain's ideology, hence why he was simply approving/disapproving of those Stain deemed worthy/unworthy rather than judging people on his own. Spinner latched onto Stain as this powerful image capable of changing society because Spinner himself realized there was something unjust about society that he wanted change.

Toga, on the other hand, was... I'm not sure, really. She was inspired by Stain but we never really found out what about him inspired him. If I had to guess, it was similar to Spinner in that Stain was this person willing to fight for what he wanted and believed in. Toga wanted a world that was easy to live in for her where she could do whatever she wanted and love as much as she wanted. Current society would shun her for that so Stain provided her with a symbol of change to latch onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.