• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ice being weak to fire makes little sense tbh, i doubt Redestro would think that

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Chase !!!! I need thoughts on these Captain Celebrity chapters of Vigilantes!!! Been loving them!
They have been good. My favorite stretch of the series outside the knuckleduster/kuin part. The Koichi/Cap team up!

The quirk explanations for why CC is pretty much superman through one quirk are funny. Air barriers!

Have to imagine the main series ends with Deku passing OfA to Cap's child.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They have been good. My favorite stretch of the series outside the knuckleduster/kuin part. The Koichi/Cap team up!

The quirk explanations for why CC is pretty much superman through one quirk are funny. Air barriers!

Have to imagine the main series ends with Deku passing OfA to Cap's child.
Koichi/Cap team up is so hype. Him finally calling him "Koichi" instead of "boy" made me so happy. Koichi putting in the work and getting the recognition he deserves. With the Cap stuff Vigilantes has just been really enjoyable as of late. Good stuff all around really for MHA these days.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Here's a question:

Why are there a bunch of posters on Resetera with Mirio as their avatar, but none of them post in this thread?
They are all pics of Season 4 Mirio too, so they're not anime-watchers. What a strange phenomenon.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Here's a question:

Why are there a bunch of posters on Resetera with Mirio as their avatar, but none of them post in this thread?
They are all pics of Season 4 Mirio too, so they're not anime-watchers. What a strange phenomenon.
Probably that and there are alot of people who prefer to binge read MHA

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he was just a bad/abusive father.
I think that he just tried to discourage Shigaraki from being a hero - either because of lingering issues related to being abandoned by Nana, or because he thought Shiggy wasn't suited to it for whatever reason. He might have been harsh, or Shiggy might have just taken it really hard - tough to say so far.

Read this chapter yesterday when the official release came out, and man, it's all super great stuff.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what was up with Shiggy's father, that he would be opposed to young shiggy for some reason.
There's quite a bit of inter-generational trauma in that family, for Nana Shimura's husband was killed as well.
Nana left her husband and son because she didn't want to drag them into her hero life, right? I would expect the son to hold some animosity towards heroes because of that.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So what do you guys think about Hana? Should she be alive or not?
I am asking that because people keep making theories that Hana is x or y.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I saw this article (but didn't read it until now) last week and immediately thought of Shoto's black ice in the 4th popularity poll art:

IMG_20190509_214022.jpg

Reading it now though... I would love it if Horikoshi did something like this, although that'd be ridiculously overpowered and simply above the power scale of MHA characters since it's sounding like some cosmic level ice. The gist of it is that scientists experimented with water and blasted it with a laser that rose its temperature so damn high (thousands of degrees) but rather than evaporating it crystallized instead. It's black ice, it's four times heavier than regular ice, and it's hella hot. It would be so cool if way in the future, pro hero Shoto's ultimate move would be something like this, heh.

Or if Iceman can do this in the X-Men comics. Hmm...
We don't know his age when that happened, just that he's currently around 20 years old now
Probably gonna be a while then before we find out for sure. Four or five sounds about right, though. Usual age quirks manifest and all that. Hana looks around that age but is maybe a year or two older than him? Regardless, she'd be in her twenties as well if she were still alive.

I wonder how Shigaraki's past desire to become a hero and his relationship to Nana would affect him, if he ever finds out. Gran Torino's probably right that All Might would still try to reason with him... which would result in his death.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Dabi and Hood-guy clash against each other.
Hood-guy trained his/her quirk non-stop and even left school to have more time to train his/her quirk.
Twice finds Toga.
Tomoyasu, the IT company leader, wants Twice to join the MLA.
His quirk allows him to turn anything the size of a human into a puppet.

No Dabi backstory yet... *sighs*

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Dabi and Hood-guy clash against each other.
Hood-guy trained his/her quirk non-stop and even left school to have more time to train his/her quirk.
Twice finds Toga.
Tomoyasu, the IT company leader, wants Twice to join the MLA.
His quirk allows him to turn anything the size of a human into a puppet.

No Dabi backstory yet... *sighs*
disappointed on the Dabi part but I'm glad this arc isn't just going to be one on one fights, interested how this Twice one will go because Tomoyasu seems to be trying to recruit twice and I've seen some theories that some league members could switch sides and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens to Toga and Twice

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
disappointed on the Dabi part but I'm glad this arc isn't just going to be one on one fights, interested how this Twice one will go because Tomoyasu seems to be trying to recruit twice and I've seen some theories that some league members could switch sides and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens to Toga and Twice
You're right about that, it's more interesting if it wasn't just one fight after another. I'm glad that's what we're getting too, I'm only disappointed about the lack of Dabi backstory cause I'm greedy, haha.

I'd be quite surprised if Twice switched sides though, especially given how much he cares for Toga, Giran, and presumably the other members too.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
You're right about that, it's more interesting if it wasn't just one fight after another. I'm glad that's what we're getting too, I'm only disappointed about the lack of Dabi backstory cause I'm greedy, haha.

I'd be quite surprised if Twice switched sides though, especially given how much he cares for Toga, Giran, and presumably the other members too.
the only way I see Twice turning is if Toga turns as well and the only way I see both of them turning is if Destro changes there opinion on Shigaraki, like I saw a theory that because the MLA hacked Giran's computer that maybe they have a video of early Shigaraki talking about the league members

I myself don't really see them changing sides at least not in this arc, I can see it happening later if they build conflict between them and Shigaraki

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The same spoiler guy from last week posted more details
Twice mentions that he considers everyone in the League of Villains as his family members

Feel good inc guy made a bunch of fake puppet Twice so Twice is living his nightmare having to face a bunch of copies of himself

Ice guy made a huge ice dragon

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Twice mentions that he considers everyone in the League of Villains as his family members

Feel good inc guy made a bunch of fake puppet Twice so Twice is living his nightmare having to face a bunch of copies of himself

giphy.gif

Thats sound nuts, imma need to see these leaks right away, also I'm seeing people say that the parka guy runs his mouth a bit in this chapter which ok, final note, the Twice stuff sounds AMAZING

Dec 28, 2018

Wonder if Twice will need to be saved by Compress and Spinner from this or if he'll overcome this nightmare himself, glad that he's getting focus this chapter. And here I thought hoodie guy was gonna have standard ice powers but this sounds so much better.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Update on spoilers
ice guy's quirk is cryokinesis. Ice guy says there's something wrong with Dabi's quirk that makes Dabi avoid using it as much as he can

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Update on spoilers
ice guy's quirk is cryokinesis. Ice guy says there's something wrong with Dabi's quirk that makes Dabi avoid using it as much as he can
More fuel for my "Dabi's scars were accidental and self inflicted in an attempt to imitate Endeavor's fire mask" theory.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Update on spoilers
Aww yiss. We're finally gonna get confirmation that he burns himself whenever he uses his quirk or something to that degree.

And damn, cryokinesis, my favorite!

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
No way Toga and Twice are dipping on the League when they are arguably the two most invested in it outside of Shiggy and Kurogiri.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Twice really needs a happy ending. It sucks to see him so down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, that was really short. Stoked to see more of Ice Climber in action, I already love his quirk. It's always a pleasure seeing Dabi use his flames and I look forward to hearing more about why he's cautious about it. Poor Twice, he doesn't deserve this, seriously. Someone save him please.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Have we ever seen Twice's quirk in action, like when he's separating or making copies I mean.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
while I was initially hoping for the focus to be on Dabi, I'm super down for focusing on Twice now, holy fuck those final panels are so freaking creepy, I love how dark and disturbing this arc has become

I'm glad it wasn't. It would've been quite boring for the arc to devolve into a setup where each LoV member gets a fight one after another as if nothing else is going on around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.