• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Some Season 4 updates, first up big three designs:

Also looks like S4 will end on the cultural festival:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well I just thought of an interesting development on kirishima's quirk, unlike Tetsu who changes into another material basically, Kiri instead hardens the existing material, changing its form, and what is the basis of the human molecular structure? Carbon! Then if Kiri's quirk is hardening or altering his molecular structure what would be the eventual strengthening point? One of the hardest materials on earth, Diamonds. Or at least their relative hardness
Or maybe I'm just overthinking it

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Chapter Spoilers
best Jeanist is missing a lung and has been missing

Hawks was sent to assassinate him

Shigaraki is now fighting the politics guy from the MLA

Also Twice is already inside the tower

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The initial reveal teased it and so far Venom and Magneto are confirmed playable. Expect the more friendly guys but yeah Doom and Namor would both be candidates, wouldn't rule out Thanos as a difficult infinity trial unlock
Ooh, right. Forgot about Venom and Magneto! With Pokemon and MUA3 coming this year... I really need to get a Switch.

Did they... change the design of Lemillion's mask? I don't recall the pointy bits at the top before. That aside, heck yeah! Season 4 covering the cultural festival practically confirmed! Now we'll get our perfect ending with Eri's smile and the conclusion of her initial character arc.
Chapter Spoilers
best Jeanist is missing a lung and has been missing

Hawks was sent to assassinate him

Shigaraki is now fighting the politics guy from the MLA

Also Twice is already inside the tower
God I hope Hawks doesn't actually kill him. His bosses wouldn't let him actually do that, so I expect it's just a fake out and maybe he's even informed Jeanist of the situation.

It's beginning to annoy me how Horikoshi is only drip feeding us Dabi's fight and info about him, but then... I do like that it's not just a linear thing where they tell us fight A > fight B > fight C, I suppose.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Ooh, right. Forgot about Venom and Magneto! With Pokemon and MUA3 coming this year... I really need to get a Switch.

Did they... change the design of Lemillion's mask? I don't recall the pointy bits at the top before. That aside, heck yeah! Season 4 covering the cultural festival practically confirmed! Now we'll get our perfect ending with Eri's smile and the conclusion of her initial character arc.

God I hope Hawks doesn't actually kill him. His bosses wouldn't let him actually do that, so I expect it's just a fake out and maybe he's even informed Jeanist of the situation.

It's beginning to annoy me how Horikoshi is only drip feeding us Dabi's fight and info about him, but then... I do like that it's not just a linear thing where they tell us fight A > fight B > fight C, I suppose.

No it's like that in the manga, I remember cos it always irked me how it was never flush with his helmet.

if Shiggys fighting the party leader then what in the fuck are Compress and Spinner supposed to be doing

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017

It does look a little different but it may be the angle. He never wore it that much anyways.

But...if that costume is made of his hair, then what is the mask made of? ....eye discharge?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The cultural festival shouldn't really take more than 6 episodes, the remedials and the Aoyama chapters should take about three episodes and 16 episodes for the Yakuza are sounds about right

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Update on the spoiler
Hawks has a inner monologue that if he doesn't prove his to the league they'll get rid of him, he then meets Best Jeanist and pulls one of his feather blade, the next panel shows Hawks flying with a big bag in hand and in the background there are billboards stating how best jeanist is missing, so it's implied that he killed him but we never see it so probably not

People from the hero Association are gathering Heroes to fight the League of Villains

And Twice is actually face to face with ReDestro

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
so are people her excited for Sword and Shield
it reminds me, isn't Horikoshi a pokemon fan too? I remember that art that he did with Serena
I'm excited, but I'm starting to get fatigued. More with the lack of advancement in the battle system. That said, I'll probably still get it. I'll go Scorbunny since I usually go Fire
Update on the spoiler
Hawks has a inner monologue that if he doesn't prove his to the league they'll get rid of him, he then meets Best Jeanist and pulls one of his feather blade, the next panel shows Hawks flying with a big bag in hand and in the background there are billboards stating how best jeanist is missing, so it's implied that he killed him but we never see it so probably not

People from the hero Association are gathering Heroes to fight the League of Villains

giphy.gif

The wait for season 4 has been a long one indeed, with a couple more months to go. Soon.
———
Meant to do this, five favorite chapters so far in no particular order:

Ch.56: Climax
Ch.85: Nothing but fools
Ch.92: One for All
Ch. 119-120: Deku vs Kacchan, Part 2
and The Three
Ch. 152: Lemillion

I counted the second Deku vs Kacchan fight and the talk they have with AM afterward as one chapter, I couldn't pick. The chapters vs AfO with United States of Smash and the Lemillion chapters need no explanation.

Ch.56 I always really liked because Stain's presence in that arc even had Endeavor shook. With how much we know about Endeavor now, I feel that's even more impressive. Ch. 85 is when I realized Bakugo was my favorite character. It wasn't just his refusal to go darkside or how he was ready to take the whole league on by his damn self. It was the realization that this kid knows exactly what he wants to be, full stop, and he can't be wavered from his goal no matter what people think of him.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Update on the spoiler

Yeah I doubt it Hawks is working with the government they wouldn't let him get away with killing one of their biggest heroes and hawks purposely made sure no one died when hood chan died and only agreed when he thought hood will them in an abandoned factory where no one will get hurt

He probably brought some "proof" and Jeanist is hiding until the operation is over

He's probably still injured so it's not like he's going to be useful soon lol

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Thought it was a 17+ page chapter at first.

But watch out for one of those pages lol. They'll probably fix it soon.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Hori seems to like making the League be underestimated in just how insightful they can be or the amount of resolve they have so I wouldn't be surprised if Hawks will end up getting in deep shit with them.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Screenshot_2019-06-07-14-34-12-355_com.android.chrome.png

My favorite panel for the chapter. Interesting to see flames coming out of his mouth. Wait a minute, doesn't Deku's dad...?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Shiggy out here really using the power of friendship full throttle right now. Destro is doomed.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Good chapter. Things are definitely accelerating now.
Up until this point, Hori had been cutting back to the tower lookout as a way to deliver exposition. Fair enough, but it was becoming too predicable. It'll be good to see ReDestro in action.

Hanabata having some sort of "rallying cry" quirk makes the soldiers insane drive/commitment make a bit more sense.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Best Jeanist finally returns, only to die /s

Feel like the politician guy is gonna be just as annoying as Curious lol. Didn't expect him to have Belo Betty's ability as a quirk tho :3

Ironically the one fight (Dabi) I want Horikoshi to stick to is what he keeps avoiding.

Where's Compress?

And at long last, someone finally reached Destro. Hope his quirk is dope.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I doubt it Hawks is working with the government they wouldn't let him get away with killing one of their biggest heroes and hawks purposely made sure no one died when hood chan died and only agreed when he thought hood will them in an abandoned factory where no one will get hurt

He probably brought some "proof" and Jeanist is hiding until the operation is over

He's probably still injured so it's not like he's going to be useful soon lol

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Dabi asking Hawks to prove how 'anti-establishment' he is makes the LoV sound like a punk band.

They would make a pretty cool punk band actually.

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder what really happened to Best Jeanist. There's no way Hawks would just kill him there.
Can't wait to see Re-Destro's quirk.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Another great chapter, I'm excited to see ReDestro's quirk next chapter, politician guy seems like the worst MLA member, it'll be interesting to see how if Hawks really did kill best jeanist or not, I can't think of any reason why he would attack him like he did

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy Hawks killing best Jeanist that's completely out of character for him and he's still working for the Hero agency

Hori is trying to keep us doubting though

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Art was great this week.

I'm buying this power of friendship for the league, even if it's morally rotten lmao.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I don't buy Hawks killing best Jeanist that's completely out of character for him and he's still working for the Hero agency

Hori is trying to keep us doubting though
Well we don't know that much about his character, hill is someone that was put in the hero business at a young age with not much of a say, saving all those people in the pro hero Arc could have just been work obligation, if he kills best jeanist it's probably because he believes he could keep it a secret, and he's always been presented as a shady character so I could see him turning later on in the story

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Well we don't know that much about his character, hill is someone that was put in the hero business at a young age with not much of a say, saving all those people in the pro hero Arc could have just been work obligation, if he kills best jeanist it's probably because he believes he could keep it a secret, and he's always been presented as a shady character so I could see him turning later on in the story
Except in the pro hero arc he also went out of his way to make sure as little people were hurt as possible

He agreed to that plan because he thought they would get they would get attacked in a abandoned building and the Nomu would be weaker and he brought Endeavour to help him and no one died because of him

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Except in the pro hero arc he also went out of his way to make sure as little people were hurt as possible

He agreed to that plan because he thought they would get they would get attacked in a abandoned building and the Nomu would be weaker and he brought Endeavour to help him and no one died because of him
I don't think avoiding unnecessary casualties really disqualifies him from being able to take a life when he feels necessary, like this chapter even says they are underestimating his resolved

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I could see Hawks "killing Jeanist" only to have some reveal come down wayyyyyyy down the line where he faked his death

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think avoiding unnecessary casualties really disqualifies him from being able to take a life when he feels necessary, like this chapter even says they are underestimating his resolved
Honestly I'm under the belief this is a fake out and that he meant he wouldn't back down and would find a way

Plus we never saw the body

Also while true Hawks comes across a bit if a cocky asshole but he never comes across to me as particularly ruthless

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I actually think it's more likely to be a fake out as well but I was just saying I could see Horikoshi going with the alternative, if I was a betting I would say it's probably 70% likely a fake out

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It's too early in the morning for a twist like this.

Actually my first thought seeing this image is he looks like Endeavor junior
It's not actually coming from inside his mouth, if you look closely. It's more of coming from his the area directly around it. So... No fire breathing. Yet. I want Dabi to be able to do it to further the Azula parallels and just cause breathing fire is cool. Not at all for the Deku thing, lol.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Hawks either kidnapped Best Jeanist or, more likely, just convinced him to go into hiding. Keep in mind that Hawks primarily reacted to Best Jeanist wanting to make a public statement rather than to his actual medical condition. "That's a shame" because Hawks knew his plan wouldn't let Jeanist update his fans.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't expect there to be a decent amount of doubt regarding whether he killed him or not.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
It's not actually coming from inside his mouth, if you look closely. It's more of coming from his the area directly around it. So... No fire breathing. Yet. I want Dabi to be able to do it to further the Azula parallels and just cause breathing fire is cool. Not at all for the Deku thing, lol.

Yeah it just looks like it's bleeding off of him the same way Shotos do (especially from his scar)

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic last panel, it reminds me of that panel with Overhaul's hand
Also Jeanist is totally in that bag in pieces

joking, I dont think Hawks killed Jeanist

Status
Not open for further replies.