• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes 55

At least they called out All Might for the deus ex machina he is.

Also who needs quirks when you got a gun

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Hawks! Is! Back!
MYra.gif

giphy.gif

(Same energy)

Hey, and Best Jeanist is there too!

Boy oh boy, where to start with this one? Hawks is continuing to play his role. While I love his confidence, his inner monologue during the conversation with Dabi makes me feel like he's underestimating the league. I don't expect the League to ever fully trust Hawks. If he gets too comfortable he's toast. I can see Hawks biting it or getting seriously injured when his secret gets out. It's gonna be real bad, for him and public perceptions of heroes.

Best Jeanist. Good on him for continuing to fight the good fight after what happened. Or planning to at least. As far as whether Hawks offed him or not, I think Hori is clearly setting that up as a red herring. First, Best Jeanist already got lost in the sauce once when AfO hit him in Camino, so to kill him after surviving that would be cruel indeed. Second, he cuts away from it before we see what actually happens. If you don't see the body, they're alive.

I think it's more likely Hawks actually told Jeanist the whole or part of his true mission and now Best Jeanist is helping him from the shadows. After all, he would have even more reason to take down the League than most.

I'm curious about how people feel about Shiggy right now. Hori is clearly using this arc to set him up as a more effective leader, and I think we'll see more of his style of leadership contrasted against Destro's before all is said and done. With Twice reaching the "boss room" at the end, I'm expecting big things from Shiggy soon. Also, Twice continues to be best(worst?)boy

-Boo at showing us only a snippet of Dabi's fight. At first switching between two fights was refreshing, but now I feel like he's keeping us from the goods. You can't hide that flashback forever, Hori!

-Hanabata isn't really impressing me much, though he has a nice quirk. What excites me is it seems like Spinner night step in to fight him so Shiggy can fight Destro. I'd love that.

How will Destro respond to Twice reaching him? How long until Gigantomachia arrives? Where the hell is Compress? Find out next time on My Hero(Villain)Academia!

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Bit off topic, but I love how there's been a two-page spread for each of the members' "power up moment" so far. Really looking forward to seeing how the fights go for the rest of the League, ideally with similarly epic two-page spreads for the remaining members.

9J5JMdxl.jpg

J2iqafil.jpg

1ugxRn0l.jpg

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Bit off topic, but I love how there's been a two-page spread for each of the members' "power up moment" so far. Really looking forward to seeing how the fights go for the rest of the League, ideally with similarly epic two-page spreads for the remaining members.

9J5JMdxl.jpg

J2iqafil.jpg

1ugxRn0l.jpg
It's been fucking fantastic! The art has been great this arc.

I'm really loving this villain arc as well. Shit keeps escalating and they've gotten to the point where they're a real threat.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

A clear file is a type of merch, so it could simply just be that this particular issue of Jump Giga comes with it? Clear files are something like these:

e3b87684a067409295253d07c2c14336.jpg
22c0a153e7344584b5283eb06275772e.jpg

They're like thin plastic folders for holding papers and other documents in, usually sealed on the bottom and left sides.
My Hero Academia: Strongest Hero
Action RPG game.

filters:quality(40):background_color(white):format(jpeg)

Coming to Mobile devices in China

sdZszQN.gif

Sometimes, life is just too cruel.

Saw a screenshot of their character artwork for Momo... Didn't like it so much.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yeah, we got a new Vigilantes this week too! Carries through that "pretty good Superman comic" feeling from the last chapter, talking about why All Might means a lot to people.

Also, I fucking love Knuckleduster.

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't aware "Deku would've beaten Todoroki if he wasn't trying to make him use his fire" was a take people had.

Todoroki would've folded his ass regardless.

At least NOW it would be close.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I wasn't aware "Deku would've beaten Todoroki if he wasn't trying to make him use his fire" was a take people had.

Todoroki would've folded his ass regardless.

At least NOW it would be close.

That open stage format really favors contestants who are able to unleash wide-range aoe attacks. As long as todoroki is able to spam fire and ice without a care, he has an advantage.
It would be cool if these switched up the format in the next sports festival.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Todoroki is a dorthraki, almost nobody can defeat him in a opne field, including Deku and Bakugo
A stage like the one used in the class a vs class b however is huge disadvantage for him, he would lose there for several students imo

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
seems getting Todoroki in an enclosed space is the best way to fight him tbh since I'd imagine he's not immune to self damage from his attacks. Just gotta figure out how to not get frozen

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Bakugou I think could pull of a real win if he avoided getting caught in the opening salvo. Dude is good. Same thing for Deku, at this point.

Nobody else in the class has a shot on the sports festival stage.

In the past. we've seen UA reacting to problems in stuff like their testing procedure, so I wouldn't be surprised if the next sports festival.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bakugou I think could pull of a real win if he avoided getting caught in the opening salvo. Dude is good. Same thing for Deku, at this point.

In the past. we've seen UA reacting to problems in stuff like their testing procedure, so I wouldn't be surprised if the next sports festival.
I dont think bakugou can dodge a giant fireblast in that arena
He only did it with the ice because of his quirk
Deku has a chance with his speed but I don't think his speed is that high yet, it needs to be almos All Might levels

Btw that is assuming Todoroki is going for the kill, I doubt he would do a giant fireblast in that arena because he would instantly kill almost everyone that doesnt have a protection quirk
seems getting Todoroki in an enclosed space is the best way to fight him tbh since I'd imagine he's not immune to self damage from his attacks. Just gotta figure out how to not get frozen
It is, that was basically Tetsutetsu plan and the main reason why Todoroki had so many problems fighting Stain

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Okay follow my example and don't post in two threads with similar titles with one being spoiler and the other being spoiler free when your girlfriend and her friends bug you to come to bed and watch a movie or you could wake up in the mourning and find your account banned for a week because you mixed up the two threads in your hurry.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I dont think bakugou can dodge a giant fireblast in that arena
He only did it with the ice because of his quirk
Deku has a chance with his speed but I don't think his speed is that high yet, it needs to be almos All Might levels

Btw that is assuming Todoroki is going for the kill, I doubt he would do a giant fireblast in that arena because he would instantly kill almost everyone that doesnt have a protection quirk

It is, that was basically Tetsutetsu plan and the main reason why Todoroki had so many problems fighting Stain

You forget that Bakugou has vertical movement so I think he could maneuver the fuck out of Todoroki and get in close.

Oct 25, 2017
Shame that a Froppy vs Todoroki fight would just end with him making the area cold and her falling asleep. But I feel like most of the class could give him a good run, excluding the obvious. Even Sero did a good job, but the point of that fight was for him to get buried, but his strategy was legit. Poor guy.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay follow my example and don't post in two threads with similar titles with one being spoiler and the other being spoiler free when your girlfriend and her friends bug you to come to bed and watch a movie or you could wake up in the mourning and find your account banned for a week because you mixed up the two threads in your hurry.
That just strikes me as people really overreacting to an accident or misunderstanding. Been there.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You forget that Bakugou has vertical movement so I think he could maneuver the fuck out of Todoroki and get in close.
Bakugou didnt use his vertical movement to dodge todoroki's iceblast so I doubt he would be able to dodge todoroki's fireblast either. Bakugou is fast but he isn't as fast as iida or deku
Bakugou movement is much more deadly in a enclosed space where todoroki can't simply spam fireblasts towards him

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Bakugou didnt use his vertical movement to dodge todoroki's iceblast so I doubt he would be able to dodge todoroki's fireblast either. Bakugou is fast but he isn't as fast as iida or deku
Bakugou movement is much more deadly in a enclosed space where todoroki can't simply spam fireblasts towards him

i think that bakugo scales to whoever he is fighting about how hard he is going to go. Because in the Deku Fight he did aerial moves and more recently he spent most of the fight with class B in the air.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
This is so beautiful it's making me cry. Two things I love, Beauty and the Beast + TodoMomo:

Now some BakuCamie for Tace :

Yeah, I agree. The power gap between the top three and the rest of the class is a little too big, so I hope to be proven wrong about this eventually. The fourth strongest is probably Tokoyami... but Todoroki and Bakugo have their lights to put him out with. Tetsutetsu would survive against him though, so there's that. Gah, all this talk about one-on-one fights is making me really want a second sports festival.

Oct 25, 2017
I was pro Uraraka x Baks, but the last night I came across a thumbnail for something I didn't need to see looking for something entirely different and almost threw up.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

giphy.gif

Yeah, I agree. The power gap between the top three and the rest of the class is a little too big, so I hope to be proven wrong about this eventually. The fourth strongest is probably Tokoyami... but Todoroki and Bakugo have their lights to put him out with. Tetsutetsu would survive against him though, so there's that. Gah, all this talk about one-on-one fights is making me really want a second sports festival.
Agreed, I've been jonesing for a new Sports Festival for a while now. I really hope Hori digs into it this time, I would love a long tournament arc.

Oct 25, 2017
This is so beautiful it's making me cry. Two things I love, Beauty and the Beast + TodoMomo:

I feel like the last arc disproved that greatly. The power gap I mean.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

I'm so here for Bakugo x Cammie its not even funny. I love her personality and if her being the the love interest of Bakugo gets here to show up more than I'm all for it. Also them bouncing off each other is what i need more of also.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm so here for Bakugo x Cammie its not even funny. I love her personality and if her being the the love interest of Bakugo gets here to show up more than I'm all for it. Also them bouncing off each other is what i need more of also.
Welcome to the Bakugo x Camie coalition. We're a passionate but low key bunch. Our demands are simple. More Bakugo x Camie

Just kidding. There's like 3 of us max lmao

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Literally everything you just said is true of Baks Uraraka.
What side did Uraraka bring out of Bakugo? Him treating her like an actual opponent isn't unique to Uraraka, he always goes all in. To my knowledge, Camie is the only girl to make Bakugo laugh. They came up with the same plan during the remedial course. She calls both him and Todoroki handsome, and Bakugo in turn says he's been entranced by her cute face when she uses her quirk, something Todoroki didn't take to as strongly. She also calls him a total bachelor as they are leaving the training area, if only he'd STFU. All of this in their only major interaction. Obviously a lot more has to happen for it to become a thing, but that's more than most anime ships get in a lifetime.

Meanwhile, Uraraka has been around Bakugo wayyy longer and expressed a tenth of the same interest Camie displayed. Plus, ya know, we've seen her thoughts. She likes Deku. Is Hori really going to have her switch to Bakugo after making her crush on Deku a major part of her character(unfortunately)?

So yeah, I don't see it

Oct 25, 2017
What side did Uraraka bring out of Bakugo? Him treating her like an actual opponent isn't unique to Uraraka, he always goes all in. To my knowledge, Camie is the only girl to make Bakugo laugh. They came up with the same plan during the remedial course. She calls both him and Todoroki handsome, and Bakugo in turn says he's been entranced by her cute face when she uses her quirk, something Todoroki didn't take to as strongly. She also calls him a total bachelor as they are leaving the training area, if only he'd STFU. All of this in their only major interaction. Obviously a lot more has to happen for it to become a thing, but that's more than most anime ships get in a lifetime.

Meanwhile, Uraraka has been around Bakugo wayyy longer and expressed a tenth of the same interest Camie displayed. Plus, ya know, we've seen her thoughts. She likes Deku. Is Hori really going to have her switch to Bakugo after making her crush on Deku a major part of her character(unfortunately)?

So yeah, I don't see it
I think we're forgetting how much of a shit heel Baks was to EVERYONE during that time. Legitimately didn't know his classmates names. Screamed at everyone, talked of shit. Was cool with Kaminari and that's literally it. Most of that went away with this fight and then the rest of the tournament until Todoroki gave up.

And I'm not saying ANY of that to push any ship.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Whether it's one conversation or none, shipping is just for fun. (hey that rhymes!) People see potential between two characters? Ship'em and let the fans enjoy their ship. If there isn't any but they're just having fun imagining their own madeup scenarios? That's cool too. As long as it's nothing harmful.
I feel like the last arc disproved that greatly. The power gap I mean.
Perhaps on team situations where students can assist each other, but on one-on-one battles, the trio would still be able to beat most of their peers without too much difficulty. Especially in an open stage like the sports festival's.
They're cute and a lot of fun together!
Just kidding. There's like 3 of us max lmao
Don't be silly, there's way more than that.

Unless you're talking about here on Era.
All this BakuCamie talk and Horikoshi draws Bakugo X Tsuyu instead

This is hilarious because it says something like "lost Bakugo," as in he's being treated like a lost cat placed in a cardboard box on the street. 😆

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kirishima and Bakugo is the best Bakugo ship and I dont even like ships.
inb4 some say they are just friends I would like to point out that is true for almost all the ships mentioned before itt

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Kirishima and Bakugo is the best Bakugo ship and I dont even like ships.
inb4 some say they are just friends I would like to point out that is true for almost all the ships mentioned before itt
I'd be surprised if someone actually used "they're just friends" for KiriBaku.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think we're forgetting how much of a shit heel Baks was to EVERYONE during that time. Legitimately didn't know his classmates names. Screamed at everyone, talked of shit. Was cool with Kaminari and that's literally it. Most of that went away with this fight and then the rest of the tournament until Todoroki gave up.

And I'm not saying ANY of that to push any ship.
Disregarding the shipping aspect I don't attribute that to Uraraka because that was Bakugo's first fight of the tournament. He was going to get serious no matter who he fought, because that's just how he is. It could've just as easily been Tokoyami or Momo and he would've fought the same.

I meant the local community, yeah. Though it's true I don't know how big the ship is in the overall community

Oct 25, 2017
Whether it's one conversation or none, shipping is just for fun. (hey that rhymes!) People see potential between two characters? Ship'em and let the fans enjoy their ship. If there isn't any but they're just having fun imagining their own madeup scenarios? That's cool too. As long as it's nothing harmful.

Perhaps on team situations where students can assist each other, but on one-on-one battles, the trio would still be able to beat most of their peers without too much difficulty. Especially in an open stage like the sports festival's.

They're cute and a lot of fun together!

This is hilarious because it says something like "lost Bakugo," as in he's being treated like a lost cat placed in a cardboard box on the street. 😆
If Deku weren't the main character, Tokoyami, Sero, Iida, Minetta and Invisagirl could realistically take him. I agree the the three could take the majority of the class. But those fights now among the top 10 would be closer than you think.

And let's be honest, Shinso won their first bout.

Froppy vs Baks at sports festival goes to Baks easy, but those two one on one fighting where they were last arc she could pull some tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.