• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
If Deku weren't the main character, Tokoyami, Sero, Iida, Minetta and Invisagirl could realistically take him. I agree the the three could take the majority of the class. But those fights now among the top 10 would be closer than you think.

And let's be honest, Shinso won their first bout.

Froppy vs Baks at sports festival goes to Baks easy, but those two one on one fighting where they were last arc she could pull some tricks.
If Deku wasn't the main character, but still had One For All or...?

Without One For All and its vestiges, yes, Deku would have lost to Shinso. However, anyone who's fighting Shinso one-on-one can beat him if they know how his quirk works and are even being the least bit rational. It's literally just not replying to him. Unfortunately for our dear protagonist, he's an emotional person which is just the type Shinso can exploit.

On a related note... Shinso should take notes from Monoma for the mind games.

Oct 25, 2017
If Deku wasn't the main character, but still had One For All or...?

Without One For All and its vestiges, yes, Deku would have lost to Shinso. However, anyone who's fighting Shinso one-on-one can beat him if they know how his quirk works and are even being the least bit rational. It's literally just not replying to him. Unfortunately for our dear protagonist, he's an emotional person which is just the type Shinso can exploit.

On a related note... Shinso should take notes from Monoma for the mind games.
If Deku wasn't the main character and still had one for all ...

For that reason, we'll probably never get those fights I described or see them play out that way because everyone would be like, how is he gonna save the world if he lost to Minetta. Also, no one wants to see that.

And I'm not saying he couldn't beat them, but I feel like running that simulation a few times, they'd be able to take him.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Ooh, official translation is much better. It seems like Spinner is about to do something which makes me think he's finally gonna show off his quirk? If he's quirkless then that's fine too because either ways, he's finally about to do something. The last page makes more sense too because the MLA never destroyed their home.
If Deku wasn't the main character and still had one for all ...

For that reason, we'll probably never get those fights I described or see them play out that way because everyone would be like, how is he gonna save the world if he lost to Minetta. Also, no one wants to see that.

And I'm not saying he couldn't beat them, but I feel like running that simulation a few times, they'd be able to take him.
Iida and Tokoyami, perhaps. Sero, Mineta, and Hagakure, though? You seem to be underestimating Deku quite a bit. Regardless of whether he has plot armor and whatnot from being the protagonist, he's still a very smart and powerful fighter.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Ooh, official translation is much better. It seems like Spinner is about to do something which makes me think he's finally gonna show off his quirk? If he's quirkless then that's fine too because either ways, he's finally about to do something. The last page makes more sense too because the MLA never destroyed their home.
spinner-my-hero-academia-76.6.jpg

Believe!

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017

Speaking of anime spinner....

The voice they chose for both dub and sub confuses me now. In season 3 he sounded and talked like a middle aged man. In this arc, however, I get the feeling that he could actually be much younger.

I guess we'll know for sure when the omake comes out next volume.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Speaking of anime spinner....

The voice they chose for both dub and sub confuses me now. In season 3 he sounded and talked like a middle aged man. In this arc, however, I get the feeling that he could actually be much younger.

I guess we'll know for sure when the omake comes out next volume.
I never thought about his age. Maybe the intention was to make him sound kind of Lizard like, and a by product of that is him sounding old? Lol I dunno

Oct 25, 2017
Vigilantes 55

Wow at the ending page, glad we are gonna be past this antagonist, cant wait to see whats upcoming.

Also this is one of the few times where I was like wow All Might is actually cool for once.

Dec 28, 2018
Late to the conversation but that was a damn good chapter. Even though it was brief I was glad to see Hawks back. And unless there's a body shown I'm doubtful Best Jeanist is dead. All this Twice shine is making me happy and I wasn't expecting him to face off against Destro. Can't imagine he'll win against Destro but I hope it's a good fight regardless. Though if he does Destro is gonna look like a real chump. Also looks like we got Spinner and Shigaraki vs Hanabata and I'm excited for the possible reveal of Spinner's quirk, though poor Compress is getting done dirty. All in all this was some good ass shit and I'm excited for the next chapter.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Late to the conversation but that was a damn good chapter. Even though it was brief I was glad to see Hawks back. And unless there's a body shown I'm doubtful Best Jeanist is dead. All this Twice shine is making me happy and I wasn't expecting him to face off against Destro. Can't imagine he'll win against Destro but I hope it's a good fight regardless. Though if he does Destro is gonna look like a real chump. Also looks like we got Spinner and Shigaraki vs Hanabata and I'm excited for the possible reveal of Spinner's quirk, though poor Compress is getting done dirty. All in all this was some good ass shit and I'm excited for the next chapter.
Since the twice confronting redestro is just a copy, I'm going to assume that Redestro is going to fucking destroy him and all the clones he makes. I'm looking for ward to it.
Od9BR8d.png

I wonder what the power is going to be. With the splotches activated, redestro was able to crush Miyashita's head. It must have some sort of super-strength component to it.
Still, I doubt that's all there is too it. It might parallel OfA in that way.

Dec 28, 2018
Since the twice confronting redestro is just a copy, I'm going to assume that Redestro is going to fucking destroy him and all the clones he makes. I'm looking for ward to it.
Od9BR8d.png

I wonder what the power is going to be. With the splotches activated, redestro was able to crush Miyashita's head. It must have some sort of super-strength component to it.
Well it may be a clone but it can still create a whole bunch of other clones which I'd imagine would be a hassle to deal with. I hope Destro quirk is more than just a strength quirk, I want something unique or at the very least not something strength based. Though I'm not even gonna attempt to guess at what it could be since I suck at doing that. But anyways I am pretty interested in finding out what his quirk is and how the fight between him and Twice will go.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I ship Mr Aizawa and Miss Joke(not that hard but I think they're fun to watch interact)

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Od9BR8d.png

With his similarity to Norman, I really hope he has a transformation quirk
994333e38e26b72af82ef94b83d73fd0.jpg

If he looks even a little like Ultimate Green Goblin I'll be stoked

Oct 25, 2017
Preferred the vigilantes chp over the main story chapter.

But Dabi Hawks remains strong. I wish the writing handled it in a way where Hawks could totally switch sides though

Assume jeanist knows the truth and is playing along imo.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Season 4 has been confirmed for 12th of october.
Among the preview images is the adaption of this panel:
b860fdb69528436d73045ade2f28c3d7b2f3aca8r1-540-739v2_hq.jpg

It's looking pretty good. Please blow me away with the animation Bones.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Possible early chapter spoilers
Chapter 232: Meta ability and "Quirk"
Redestro throws everyone around with his giantified black arm. He talks about when discrimination against meta abilities was still common, and about the "Mother of Quirks" who was killed yelling "this is the child's Quirk, I want them to be able to live freely!"
Meta abilities were rethought of as "Quirks", but that's all just the repression of meta abilities. Destro felt this isn't the future the mother (his mother?) wanted.
Redestro and the others carry on Destro's blood, making their mission more important than the League of Villains. Shigaraki was there below and destroys the tower.
Redestro and Shigaraki face each other— and finally clash

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Redestro throws everyone around with his giantified black arm. He talks about when discrimination against meta abilities was still common, and about the "Mother of Quirks" who was killed yelling "this is the child's Quirk, I want them to be able to live freely!"
Meta abilities were rethought of as "Quirks", but that's all just the repression of meta abilities. Destro felt this isn't the future the mother (his mother?) wanted.
Redestro and the others carry on Destro's blood, making their mission more important than the League of Villains. Shigaraki was there below and destroys the tower.

Destro's quirk sounds a bit like Tokoyami's.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Destro's quirk sounds a bit like Tokoyami's.
No it seems like his quirk is more like sasukes curse mark from naruto than anything else. Which is even better because its a power that can run house on the league. Also it seems like shigiraki didn't do the whole tower but did enough to collapse it from the bottom which is still enough

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So is it the mother of the glowing baby that was murdered

Dec 28, 2018
So it seems like the Twice clone gets taken out by Destro, who seems to have some kind of giant quirk or something like that. Not sure if I'm a fan of Shigaraki and Destro fighting so soon, feels a bit fast paced. Although this makes me hopeful that Spinner gets to take on Hanabata by himself.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weird to see this arc being received so differently in different places.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda weird to see this arc being received so differently in different places.
From most places I've seen the majority seem to like it, though there is a divide with the MHA fandom on what they want, some people just want to continue the villain plot, and some just want to see slice of life stuff with the students, and there are also people who only follow the story for their specific favorite character

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I'd like Redestro to surivive this arc, just because he's a good window into the lore.

Good chapter, that superpower is very uncanny

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
ReDestro quirk could probably make him giant meaning we could get a Kaiju battle between him and Giganto

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I didn't understand it the first time around, but the mother being the first person to call superpowers "quirk" is a really cool addition to the lore.
Redestro seems mad that "quirk" was appropriated to support anti-power legistlation. Just give me more chaotic-era flashbacks, whether it be through Destro, hero studies or OfA dreams.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I didn't understand it the first time around, but the mother being the first person to call superpowers "quirk" is a really cool addition to the lore.
Redestro seems mad that "quirk" was appropriated to support anti-power legistlation. Just give me more chaotic-era flashbacks, whether it be through Destro, hero studies or OfA dreams.

It just makes you think back to the first episode when we see the mother and father who are the parents of the glowing baby and then insert this new information that she was pretty much lynched because of that. Its super dark man and I love it.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
It just makes you think back to the first episode when we see the mother and father who are the parents of the glowing baby and then insert this new information that she was pretty much lynched because of that. Its super dark man and I love it.
That's not the case though. The baby wasn't glowing and Redestro said the baby was born into world that already had strong anti-power prejudice.
None of this stuff is clear anyway. We're going to have to wait to see if the official translation clears it up.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Does anyone else feel this arc being a bit rushed now? Still no compress or spinner backstory yet, but we're already having Shiggy vs Redestro face off while the Dabi vs Geten fight is unsurprisingly being done off screen and Gigas on his way an hour early, I felt at the start of his the LoV were really gonna be pushed to their breaking point (which Toga and Twice were) but now I just feel like Hori is trying to wrap this up ASAP.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Given the time frame of political unrest, I'd assume that's not the mother of the glowing baby. The baby would have probably just been an oddity if it was the first quirk user.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Does anyone else feel this arc being a bit rushed now? Still no compress or spinner backstory yet, but we're already having Shiggy vs Redestro face off while the Dabi vs Geten fight is unsurprisingly being done off screen and Gigas on his way an hour early, I felt at the start of his the LoV were really gonna be pushed to their breaking point (which Toga and Twice were) but now I just feel like Hori is trying to wrap this up ASAP.
Well Dabi and Shiggy are being pushed pretty hard as well; sleep deprivation/skin burning off respectively.
I'm not really feeling a rush tbh, the arc's already longer than the Pro Hero arc and we have at least 3 or 4 chapters to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.